75 Hurtful Quotes and Images for Love, Life and Relationships
Being Hurt or going through a hurtful phase in life is one of the toughest things one can experience in life. When a loved one abandons you or goes away from you, it upsets you mentally, physically, and spiritually.
Being hurt is a common human experience, and it often stems from feeling rejected, neglected, or betrayed by someone close to us. It can be triggered by a wide range of experiences, from a simple disagreement to a more serious breach of trust.
Also See: Husband Hurting Wife Quotes
We feel an emptiness and loneliness in life which keeps haunting us. The relationship ends in many different ways like a breakup or loss of life, but the feeling of heartbreak is the same for all. Only time can heal this pain.
When we are hurt, we may feel a range of emotions, including sadness, anger, frustration, and disappointment. These feelings can be overwhelming, and they can impact our mental and emotional well-being.
Here is a collection of some hurtful quotes and images which can inspire lovers when they are sad, depressed, and alone!
Related: Emotional Love Quotes for Her
Getting hurt by someone you love can be very painful. Hope these comforting words and quotes on “hurt” will help you overcome the hurt and pain from relationships. We have rounded some of the best sad hurt quotes for you which includes,
- Being Hurtful in Life
- Hurt Quotes and Sayings
- Hurtful Quotes about Relationships
- Feeling Hurt Words for Her
- Best Hurt Quotes for Him
- Being Hurt Quotes about Family and Friends
- Hurt Quotes, Images, Pics and Wallpapers
While quotes cannot replace the love and support of friends and family, they can be a source of comfort and inspiration when we need them most.
Whether we are searching for words to help us make sense of our own pain, or we are looking for a way to support someone else who is hurting, or being hurt quotes can be a valuable resource.
Quotes about Being Hurtful in Life
- “Not all scars show not all wounds heal.”
- “Bleeding cracks are more hurtful than a bleeding wound.”
- “I am fighting alone and being depressed is an everyday fight.”
- “Forget what hurt you but never forget what it taught you.”
- “Respond with love and kindness even to hurtful treatment.”
- “It takes longer to build a relationship than it does to destroy one.”
- “You will never know the power of yourself until someone hurts you badly.”
- “A good-bye is never painful unless you are never going to say hello again.”
- “Things we leave unfinished, words we leave unsaid, & the love we keep unexpressed hurt us the most.” – T.J
- “Death leaves a heartache no one can heal, love leaves a memory no one can steal.”
- “Nobody can hurt me without my permission.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” – Dalai Lama
- “Never allow someone to be your priority while allowing yourself to be their option.” – Mark Twain
- “Everybody is going to hurt you; you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.“
- “We are slow to believe that which if believed would hurt our feelings.” – Louis Nizer
- “I wish i were a little girl again, because skinned knees are easier to fix than broken heart.” – Julia Roberts
- “The emotion that can break your heart is sometimes the very one that heals it.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “When being in a relationship hurts you, leave. Don’t stay and keep drowning because love isn’t suppose to be painful.” – Mielya Saladdin
- “The pain started years ago, but I’d lived with it for so long at that point that I’d accepted it as an inevitable part of me.” – Ashley D. Wallis
- “It hurts when people walk into your life and make you happy and then walk out and leave you hurting.” – Adrian Rayshawn
- “When you’re dreaming with a broken heart, the waking up is the hardest part. You roll outta bed and down on your knees and for a moment you can hardly breathe.” – John Mayer
- “Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just gotta find the ones worth suffering for.”- Bob Marley
- “If someone really wants to hurt you, they’ll find a way whatever. I don’t want to live my life worrying about it.” – George Michael
- “Every heart has a pain. Only the way of expressing it is different. Fools hide it in eyes, while the brilliant hide it in their smile.”
- “Real scars are better than Fake tattoos. Embrace your scars darling they made you, who you are. They made you stronger. Scars are the greatest medals of your life.”
- “When the person you love can’t see your love for them beneath the painful things you say when they reject you, remember this: Love is blind.” ― Shannon L. Alder
- “There are some hurts that you never completely get over. And you think that time will diminish their presence and to a degree it does, but it still hurts because well, hurt hurts.” – Bernajoy Vaal
- “Sometimes the only logical thing to do when someone you love hurts you, is to disconnect, eject, proceed and move on.” – Rashida Rowe
- “The worst feeling is not being lonely. It’s when someone makes you feel special, then suddenly leaves you and you have to pretend you don’t mind at all.”
- “Sometimes you can be touched by God, but not healed. Often when this happens, he is using your pain for a greater purpose.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “That’s the funny thing about old hurts- they just wait for the new heartache to come along and then show up, just as sharp and horrible as the first day you woke up with the world changed all around you.” – Lilith Saintcrow
- “Don’t waste your time on revenge. Those who hurt you will eventually face their own karma.” – Matareva Pearl
Top 10 Hurt Quotes and Sayings about Love
- Love doesn’t hurt, expectations do.
- “No one will ever understand how much it hurts.“
- “I always like walking in the rain, so no one can see me crying.”
- “I’m not mad I’m hurt, there a difference!”
- “It hurts to have someone in your heart that you can’t have in your arms.”
- “Goodbyes that are never said and never explained hurt you the most.”
- “Anger tears and sadness are only for those who have given up.”
- “It truly hurts when the person you care the most is the one hurting you.”
- “One of the hardest things in life is watching the person you love, love someone else.”
- The surest way to hurt yourself is to give up on love, just because it didn’t work out the first time. – Amanda Howells
Hurtful Quotes about Relationships
Despite the fact that being hurt is a universal experience, it can often feel like we are going through it alone. This is where quotes about being hurt can be helpful.
These quotes provide insight, comfort, and encouragement, reminding us that we are not alone in our pain. They offer perspective, wisdom, and hope, and they can help us to heal and move forward.
- “As much I got hurt, my tears become more friendly.”
- “One’s first love is always perfect until one meets one’s second love.”
- The greater your capacity to love, the greater your capacity to feel the pain.
- “Pain makes you stronger, fear makes you braver and heartbreak makes you wiser.”
- “Although now we are a distance apart, Remember, you will always have the key to my heart.”
- “This is the problem with getting attached to someone. When they leave, you just feel lost.”
Hurtful Quotes about Her
- “Never ignore the person that truly loves you.”
- “Love is blind. Sometimes we hurt the person who loves us the most.”
- “What do you do when the one person you want comfort from the most is the one who caused your pain?”
10 Best Hurtful Love Quotes about Him
- “Love sometimes comes like a dream and leaves like a nightmare.”
- “It’s hard to forget someone who gave you so much to remember.”
- “My heart never knew loneliness until you went away.”
- “I know so many last words. But I will never know hers.” – John Green
- “Sometimes the hardest part isn’t letting go, but rather, learning to start over” – Nicole Sobon
- “Sometimes, you just have to wonder how many times someone you care about has to hurt you.”
- “Sometimes it’s better to push someone away, not because you stopped loving that someone , but because you have to shield yourself from pain.”
- “Breathing is hard. When you cry so much, it makes you realize that breathing is hard.” – David Levithan
- “I will not tell you our love story, because — like all real love stories — it will die with us, as it should.” – John Green, The Fault in Our Stars
- “You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy So let them go, let go of them.” – C. Joybell C.
Being Hurt Quotes about Family & Friends
Being hurt by people who promised to be with you forever is a terrible feeling. Getting hurt, and disappointed with your family and members can be one of the most depressing feelings for a person. Here are some Hurtful Quotes about family, friends, and relatives.
Looking for more hurt quotes, words and images;
- Trust No One Quotes and Sayings
- Quotes about Betrayal
- Selfish Parent Quotes and Sayings
- Very Sad Disappointment Quotes and Sayings
- Being Ignored Quotes and Pics
- Deep Sad Quotes about Love and Life
- Sad Depressing Love Quotations for Him and Her
- Quotes about Overcoming Pain in Life
- Painful Quotes about Life
- Losing Friends Quotes and Sayings
- Disappointed Friendship Quotes
- Sorry Quotes, Texts and Messages for Lovers
- Quotes on Relationship Struggles and Problems
- Inspirational Letting Go Quotes
- Deep Hearbreak and Break-Up Quotes