60 Sad Pain Quotes About Life That You Will Relate To
I have curated the best list of pain quotes about life that will inspire you to find meaning in the suffering and emerge stronger and more resilient.
Life is a beautiful journey of ups and downs, success and failures, of love and betrayal, and more. A lot of experiences in life give you pain which hurts and makes you sad!
Pain is an inevitable part of life. Whether physical or emotional, it can leave us feeling overwhelmed, helpless, and at times, hopeless.
Also See: Hurtful Quotes About Life
However, pain can also be a catalyst for growth, forcing us to confront our limitations, face our fears, and learn from our mistakes.
But life’s all about recharging and motivating yourself and getting back.
We have compiled some great quotes and sayings about pain in life to inspire you to let go and keep moving forward.
Top 10 Pain Quotes About Life
- “Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.” – Buddhist Proverb
- “Pain pays the income of each precious thing.” – William Shakespeare
- “The pain of the mind is worse than the pain of the body.” – Publilius Syrus
- “One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain.” – Bob Marley
- “Numbing the pain for a while will make it worse when you finally feel it.” – J.K. Rowling
- “Don’t get lost in your pain, know that one day your pain will become your cure.” – Rumi
- “Your pain is the breaking of the shell that encloses your understanding.” – Khalil Gibran
- “Pain nourishes courage. You can’t be brave if you’ve only had wonderful things happen to you.” – Mary Tyler Moore
- “God gave us the pain to remind us we are alive, so we will learn to value the joys and beauty of the world.” – Tom Corr
- “The worst wounds, the deadliest of them, aren’t the ones people see on the outside. They’re the ones that make us bleed internally.” – Sherrilyn Kenyon
Emotional Pain Quotes About Life
- “Sleep just isn’t sleep anymore, it’s an escape.” – Unknown
- “I don’t remember what it’s like to not feel broken.” – Unknown
- “Crying while explaining is a different level of pain.” – Unknown
- “To everything, I’ve ever lost; Thank you for setting me free.” – Unknown
- “Behind her smile is a hurting heart, behind her laugh she’s falling apart.” – Unknown
- “Crying is a way your eyes speak when your mouth can’t explain how broken your heart is.” – Unknown
- “She hurts and she cries. But you can’t see the depression in her eyes. Because she just smiles…” – Unknown
- “When the heart gets too heavy with pain, People don’t cry, They become silent, completely silent.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes all you can do is smile. Move on with your day, hold back the tears and pretend you’re okay.” – Unknown
- “I wish I could give you my pain just for one moment. Not to hurt you, but so that you could finally understand how much you hurt me.” – Unknown
Deep Quotes About Pain
- “Pain changes people, Some become rude. And some become silent.” – Unknown
- “The finest souls are those who gulped pain and avoided making others taste it.” – Nizariat
- “The worst kind of pain is getting hurt by the person you explained your pain to.” – Unknown
- “The person who tries to keep everyone happy often ends up feeling the loneliest.” – Unknown
- “Pain changes people. It makes them trust less, overthink more, and shut people out.” – Unknown
- “There’s that occasional night when you just break down and cry because you know things will never be the same.” – Unknown
- “She hides all her problems behind a smile. Behind her smile is a world of pain and hurt. You think you know her, but you really have no idea.” – Unknown
- “You don’t know pain until you’re staring at yourself in the mirror with tears in your eyes, begging yourself to just hold on and be strong. THAT is pain.” – Unknown
- “It doesn’t get better. The pain. The wounds scab over and you don’t always feel like a knife is slashing through you. But when you least expect it, the pain flashes to remind you you’ll never be the same.” – Katie McGarry
- “I am constantly in pain. Yes, constantly. Every single second. The pain is still there when I’m smiling, the pain is still there when I don’t talk about it. When I say “I’m fine” I have a very different definition than you do.” – Unknown
Painful Life Quotes
- “I’m tired of this never-ending pain.” – Unknown
- “It is not the pain, it’s who it came from.” – Drishti Bablani
- “Learning is a gift. Even when pain is your teacher.” – Unknown
- “Life is pain and the enjoyment of love is an anesthetic.” – Cesare Pavese
- “People always leave. Even those who said they never would.” – Unknown
- “Time doesn’t heal anything… It just teaches us how to live with the pain.” – Unknown
- “Just because I’m strong enough to handle pain, doesn’t mean I deserve it.” – Unknown
- “Some people can’t imagine life with constant pain. I can’t imagine life without it.” – Unknown
- “It’s sad how people claim to love and care about you and yet they replace you so quickly.” – Unknown
- “You were unsure which pain is worse — the shock of what happened or the ache for what never will.” – Unknown
Pain Sad Quotes About Life
- “Pretend during the day. Break inside at night.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes, most cheerful people hold the most terrible pain.” – Unknown
- “A soul that carries empathy is a soul that has survived enormous pain.” – Unknown
- “Isn’t it sad when you get hurt so much, you can finally say “I’m used to it.”” – Unknown
- “Sometimes even tears can’t express that much pain, as much a smile is hiding.” – Unknown
- “Emotionally: I’m done. Mentally: I’m drained. Spiritually: I’m dead. Physically: I smile.” – Unknown
- “The truth is that they come to you when you are not ready, and leaves when you need them most.” – Unknown
- “Always remember, pain makes people change. So don’t hurt them when you do not want them to change.” – Unknown
- “You can push your pain all the way down in your soul and pretend it does not exist but somehow someway one day it is going to push it’s way to the surface and demand that you face it.” – Unknown
- “Life is a mysterious mix of beautiful, challenging, and painful experiences. No one can predict how it will unfold and we don’t always understand why it unfolds the way it does.” – Akirah Robinson
Sad Quotes About Pain And Life
One of the most famous quotes about pain comes from Helen Keller, who said, “Although the world is full of suffering, it is also full of the overcoming of it.”
This quote reminds us that no matter how difficult our situation may seem, there is always hope for a better future.
- “Pain is life. Life is pain.” – Katherine Applegate
- “The kindest hearts have felt the most pains.” – Unknown
- “I have a thousand reasons to die and many millions of tears to cry.” – Draconian
- “Some old wounds never truly heal and bleed again at the slightest word.” – Unknown
- “There are two types of pains, one that hurts you and the other that changes you.” – Unknown
- “Behind every sweet smile, there is a bitter sadness that no one can ever see and feel.” – Unknown
- “It hurts when you realize you aren’t as important to someone as you thought you were.” – Unknown
- “Pretending to be happy when you’re in pain is just an example of how strong you are as a person.” – Unknown
- “There is tomorrow, there is life, the sun will rise again, And though it all seems hopeless now, there is relief from pain…” – Greta Zwaan
- “I wanna tell someone, cry in their arms and talk about everything. But then I remember there is no one who would want to listen.” – Unknown
Many great minds throughout history have reflected on the nature of pain and its role in our lives.
They have offered insights and perspectives that can help us navigate difficult times and emerge stronger and wiser.
In this way, pain can be seen as an opportunity for growth, rather than something to be feared or avoided.
It is through facing our pain and working through it that we can emerge stronger, more resilient, and more compassionate toward ourselves and others.
Don’t forget to check out our collection of sad life quotes and feeling-down quotes that you can relate to.