Looking for inspirational quotes about faking a smile? We have rounded up the best collection of fake smile quotes, sayings, captions, status (with images and pictures) to inspire you to smile even when you are going through adversities in life.
Why We Fake Smile? We all fake a smile sometimes in our life. More than often there are social situations where even if we don’t feel like smiling, we still do, to make things less awkward for others.
A fake smile is a smile that does not genuinely reflect a person’s emotions or feelings. It can be used to hide negative emotions, mask pain, or deceive others.
People often use fake smiles in social situations, to appear friendly or approachable, even when they are feeling unhappy or uncomfortable.
A smiling face gives a signal that everything is alright, even though you may be emotionally sad or broken. Sometimes we all feel faking a smile is much easier than explaining and expressing the reasons for your sadness.
Also See: Smile Quotes
A lot of times apart from being sad, being bored, and not finding things funny, can also be reasons for faking a smile in a social group.
We have divided these relatable fake smile quotes in these sections;
- Fake Smile Quotes
- Sad Quotation On Fake Smile Quotes
- Behind Every Fake Smile Quotes
- Smile Through Pain Quotes
Fake Smile Quotes
- “It’s scary what a smile can hide.”
- “A fake smile can hide a million tears.”
- “I am tired of the fake smile I carry every day.”
- “It’s amazing what a smile can hide.” – Unknown
- “Smile and no one will see how broken you are inside.”
- “Fools are those that believe smiles are a sign of happiness.”
- “A long sleeve a fake smile and everyone thinks you are fine.”
- “Fake smile outside… and the real pain inside… that’s my life…”
- “Faking a smile is so much easier than explaining why are you sad.”
- “Smile are like band-aids, they cover up the pain. But still it hurts.”
- “Sick of crying Tired of trying Yeah I’m smiling But inside I’m dying.”
- “Not everybody smiles of happiness. Some smiles to hide their tears…!!”
- “Too often, behind that smile of mine, I hide a thousand tears.” – Alex V.
- “You can fake a smile, but you can’t fake your feelings.” – Aaron Abelson
- “A fake smile may fool the crowd but it never eases the pain.” – Kelly Brook
- “A smile can mean a thousand words, but it can also hide a thousand problems.”
- “We can always smile, but that doesn’t mean that our hearts are not shedding tears.”
- “I’ve had a fake smile for so long, I don’t even know if it’s real or not anymore.” – Unknown
- “It’s not always the tears that measure the pain. Sometimes it’s the smile we fake.” – Unknown
- “She hurts and she cries, but you can’t see the depression in her eyes, because she just smiles…”
- “One day, I want someone to look past my fake smile, pull me close and say No, you’re not okay.”
- “Here I was again tonight forcing laughter, faking smiles. Same old tired, lonely place.” – Taylor Swift
- “Bear with me while I plaster on a fake smile and plough through this shit one more time.” – Bill Hicks
- “A fake smile doesn’t make it to your eyes. Real smile is accompanied by smiling eyes.” – Rupert Everett
- “Sometimes it’s easier to smile and pretend you’re happy instead of trying to explain why you’re not….!”
- “A fake smile can only be put for some time. Because they are easily detected and disclosed.” – Saad Wakeel
- “Just because I am smiling doesn’t mean I am happy, Because it takes just one smile to hide a million tears.”
- “All it takes is a beautiful fake smile to hide an injured soul and they will never notice how broken you really are.”
- “You smile, but you wanna cry. You talk, but you wanna be quiet. You pretend like you’re happy, but you aren’t.”
- “A Fake Smile can prevent something bad from happening, but it can also create further misunderstandings.” – Saadat Khan
- “Someone who smiles too much with you can sometime frown too much with you at your back.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
- “Sometimes you just have to wear a fake smile on your face, to see real smile on someone’s else face….” – Garima Srivastava
- “I can’t really act the way I want to act, or say what I want to say all the time. And a lot of times, I cover that up with a smile.” – Hilary Duff
- “And we put a fake to smile to hide the pain, yet we wish someone would look closely enough and see how broken we really are inside.”
- “The prettiest smile hide the deepest secrets. The prettiest eyes have cried the most tears. And the kindest hearts have felt the most pain.”
Sad Quotation On Fake Smile Quotes
But pain of a broken heart makes you sad and hurt. You miss your boyfriend/girlfriend and the emotional feeling is difficult to describe in words. You feel your world is falling apart and nothing seems to be of value.
Also See: Quotes About Heartbreak
Sometimes wearing a façade in front of the world and acting to be happy can really make you tired. It is best advised to talk your heart out to a friend or family. Expressing your feelings, fears, hurt and pain will help you heal and come over your sadness with time.
- “I miss those days when my smile was real.”
- “Fake happiness is the worst kind of sadness.”
- “I’m laughing on the outside, crying on the inside.”
- “The saddest people smile the brightest.” – Unknown
- “Head up, stay strong. Fake a smile, move on.” – Unknown
- “Fake a smile. No one knows you’re broken.” – Demi Lovato
- “Fake a frown you hurt others. Fake a smile you hurt yourself.”
- “I’ll fake all the smiles, if it stops all the questions.” – Unknown
- “Girls know how to fake a smile. Boys know how to fake feelings.”
- “During the day you see her smile, at night tears run down her face.”
- “Sometimes it hurts more to smile in front of everyone, then to cry all alone.”
- “No smile is as beautiful as the one that struggles through tears.” – Helen Keller
- “When the night falls, all the fake smiles stop and real emotions flow through the eyes.”
- “A smile is the best way to get away with trouble even if it’s a fake one.” – Peace Pilgrim
- “You can fake your smiles and laughter, but you can never fake your tears and feelings.”
- “Yeah, she’s smiling, but don’t let that fool you. Look into her eyes, she’s breaking inside.”
- “A fake smile rarely makes to eyes. The face seems dull instead of full of life.” – Tim Curry
- “Put on your fake smiles and show the world how strong you are of holding the pain inside.”
- “I smile not for that I am happy, but sometimes I smile to hide sadness.” – Rahim Chamkanai
- “A fake smile rarely makes it to the eyes. The face seems dull instead of full of life.” – Tim Curry
- “She finally let go of her smile… tears rolled down her face, and she whispered “I’m sick of this”.”
- “Smile, because it confuses people. Smile, because it’s easier than explaining what is killing you inside.” ― The Joker – Heath Ledger
- “Sometimes all you can do is smile. Move on with your day, hold back the tears and pretend you’re okay.”
- “I would rather wear honest tears than the most beautiful and elaborately faked smile.” – Tyler Knott Gregson
- “I’ve perfected the art of the fake smile. It’s not so difficult when you are completely numb.” – Bethany Griffin
- “A fake smile can only be put on for some time. Because they are easily detected and disclosed.” – Saad Wakeel
- “It hurts when you go through something that kills you inside but you have to act like it doesn’t affect you at all…”
- “She had the prettiest eyes & prettiest smile with wounds on her heart and bruises on her soul.” – Tanya Gambhir
- “Sometimes life brings you to such a pathetic situation that you feel smiling is far better than explaining why we are sad.”
- “Keeping a smile on your face when inside you feel like dying, for the sake of supporting others is strength.” – Abhishek Tiwari
- “All it takes is a beautiful fake smile to hide an injured soul … and they will never notice how broken you really are.” – Robin Williams
- “A smile is the best way to deal with difficult situations. Even if it’s a fake one. Used properly, you can fool anyone with them.” – Sai
- “She’s hurt, mentally and emotionally but everyday she walks with a smile cause that’s just who she is: the girl who never stopped smiling.”
- “You should step in my shoes Walk for a while and maybe you will see how hard it is to hold back the tears and fake a smile.” – Elizabeth Panos
- “I like to pretend that everything’s alright. Because when everybody else thinks you’re fine, sometimes you forget for a while that you’re not.”
- “It’s getting harder and harder to wear a fake smile everyday because the more I wear it the more I know how much of a lie it is.” – Jack Davenport
- “Smile, even if it’s fake. Laugh, even if you hurt. Don’t let anyone get to you, you’re beautiful regardless of what anyone says to you.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
- “I’m broken. And damaged. No one sees how broken I am everyone see my fake smile and thinks I’m fine. I wish I had someone who truly cared about me.”
- “A smile simply does not mean the person is happy. They can be the most upset, angry, and depressed person you have ever seen on the inside. Don’t ignore someone because they are smiling. They might still need you.”
- “Making me laugh when I didn’t even want to smile was one of your very few skills. And now I have to force a fake smile across my face every single day when in reality the only thing I want to do is cry. I messed things up. I miss you.”
Behind Every Fake Smile Quotes
There are times when we suffer some kind of pain, heartbreak, loss, betrayal or failure in life. The sinking feeling of being hurt seems to drown us. We feel all alone, and hurt.
But life is all about overcoming the pain and transforming pain into power that too with a smile. Sometimes there is a deep underlying message behind a fake smile. People might be depressed, sad, or mentally tired which they hide with a smile on their face.
Also See: Pain Sad Quotes
Try and take a look at their eyes and see within whether someone is genuinely happy with that smiling face or not.
- “Behind every fake smile is a broken heart.”
- “The deepest wounds are covered up by a smile.”
- “Don’t smile to hide the pain. Smile to heal the pain.”
- “Behind my smile is everything you’ll never understand.” – Unknown
- “Only a best friend can see the pain behind a fake smile.” – Unknown
- “You have to learn to smile through your pain. Sometimes it’s all we got.” — Sherrilyn Kenyon
- “I have faked my smile so much that even I’m starting to believe I am happy.”
- “I’m a simple person who hides a thousand feelings behind the happiest smile.”
- “Behind all my fake smiles is a lonely heart waiting for someone to cheer me up.”
- “The worst kind of pain is when you’re smiling just to stop the tears from falling.”
- “A fake smile can change the expression of the face, but not the pain of the heart.”
- “Hide your craziness behind a beautiful smile. That’s all you need.” – Paulo Coelho
- “She fakes a smile and says she’s okay. But in reality, she barely made it through the day.”
- “Smiling doesn’t necessarily mean you’re happy. Sometimes it just means you are strong.”
- “It’s funny how I hide my feelings behind my smile everyday and no one ever seems to notice.”
- “Take a good look at her beautiful fake smile. If you could read my mind you would be in tears.”
- “I have many problems in life. But my lips don’t know that. They always smile.” – Charlie Chaplin
- “The heart reeks of sadness and pain, the face exposes the fake happiness that never actually was pride.”
- “Sometimes you gotta laugh through the tears, smile through the pain so that you can live through the sorrow.”
- “You look at me and think, ‘he’s so happy’ but there’s so much behind this fake smile that you will never know.”
- “Sometimes it’s not the tears from our eyes that shows our pain, but the fake smile on our face for the world to see.”
- “Each heart has pain Only the expression is different Some hide it in their eyes Others hide it behind their smile.”
- “Sometimes living is painful, sometimes I can’t hide my sadness, sometimes I can’t fake a smile because I know it’s a lie.”
- “Just because a person smiles all the time doesn’t mean their life is perfect. That smile is a symbol of hope and strength.”
- “A true friend is someone that sees the pain in your eyes, unlike the other people who believe the fake smile on your face.”
- “To die in love for someone is not the big thing. To live with that pain with a smile forever is the great real achievement.”
- “I can calculate everything even the velocity of light but can’t calculate the Hate of people behind their smile.” – Albert Einstein
- “A smile that hides the pain within the heart soothes the hearts of those who behold it. So smile even through difficult times.”
- “Every heart has its pain. Only the way of expressing it is different. Some hide it in their eyes, while others hide it in their smile.”
- “I’m sad, hurt, angry, mad, and disappointed, but you know what ? I’ll put on a smile and move on, it will hurt, but I will survive.”
- “Anybody can laugh in joy, but the bold ones also smile in pain… knowing that pain is just like a zooming train, that will soon pass by.”
- “The prettiest smile hides the deepest secrets. The prettiest eyes have cried the most tears. And the kindest hearts have felt the most pain.”
- “I hide hurt behind a fake smile. I wear it all the time. Everyone says how I always look so cheerful. Shows what they know I guess.” – Ellen Hopkins
- “Sometimes the strongest among us are the ones who smile through silent pain, cry behind closed doors, and fight battles that nobody knows about.”
- “Because sometimes you put on a smile, even though you’re going through tough times, but if we look past the smile, we would notice all the pain inside.”
- “People maybe smiling but look to the eyes because they can’t hide the sorrow, pain, and heartache they’re trying to hide behind their smile.” – Karon Waddell
- “I put on my shoes and a big, fake smile. I laughed on the outside while I screamed on the inside. My body was in the restaurant but my mind was in hell.” – Michelle Hodkin
- “Hide all your problems behind your sweetest smile. Because there is no one to help you out in your problems. You alone have to face it. So face it with smile.” – Anurag Prakash Ray
- “Some girls wear mascara, eye liner, foundation, eye shadow, blush, and all that stuff. To hide what they think is ugly. My makeup is my smile, every morning I wake up and I put on a smile, to hide all the pain.”
- “Faking a smile can only hurt yourself, with so many problems to fear and so much pain to bear. At the end, leading to your thousands tears, nevertheless there will always be one person or two who will give their best to console you.”
More Sad Quotes;
Fake smiles can be harmful both to the person who is faking the smile and to those around them.
When a person consistently hides their true emotions behind a fake smile, they may begin to feel disconnected from their own feelings and struggle with genuine emotional expression.
These quotes offer insight into the psychology behind fake smiles and provide strategies for dealing with them in a positive and constructive way.
Whether you are struggling with your own fake smile or trying to navigate a relationship with someone who consistently uses them, these quotes can help you to understand the motivations behind this behavior and to develop a more genuine and authentic approach to emotional expression.
For others, interacting with someone who is constantly faking their emotions can be confusing and frustrating, as it can be difficult to discern when someone is being genuine.
Understanding the mental state of the person going faking a smile is very important. It’s a phase and stage of life where one feels so lonely that it’s very difficult to suffer the pain alone.
There are a lot of reasons and symptoms that can be identified. Empathize and share the pain to make someone’s life better. The person may be sad or lonely.
If you think you can relate to these fake smiling quotes feel free to spread your feelings and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.