130 Encouraging Quotes To Inspire You To Keep Going
Encouraging quotes are a powerful tool that can transform lives, providing support and motivation to those who truly need it during times of adversity, struggle, and life challenges.
Encouragement is essential in life as it fosters self-esteem, confidence, and motivation to keep going through the hard times in life.
And encouraging words always acts as a catalyst for personal growth, enabling individuals to overcome obstacles and reach their full potential.
Words of encouragement from friends, family, or even strangers can serve as a lifeline during challenging times, providing the strength to persevere.
Sometimes, all we want in life is someone to remind us that good days are ahead and everything is possible if we set our mind to it.
A gentle nudge, an uplifting pep talk, and encouraging words remind us that our friends and family are there for us, acting as unwavering pillars of support throughout life’s many highs and lows.
“One of the greatest gifts you can offer someone is the encouragement and fortitude to persist through difficult times.”- Trisha.J
In the journey of life, we all face obstacles and challenges that test our resilience and determination.
Through these difficult times, we often need something to remind us of our strength and inner potential.
Encouraging quotes can serve as a source of inspiration, helping us to find the motivation to keep moving forward, even when the going gets tough.
Top 10 Encouraging Quotes
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
- “Your time is limited, so don’t waste it living someone else’s life.” – Steve Jobs
- “Do not let what you cannot do interfere with what you can do.” – John Wooden
- “Always do your best. What you plant now, you will harvest later.” – Og Mandino
- “Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly.” – Robert F. Kennedy
- “A ship is always safe at the shore – but that is NOT what it is built for.” – Albert Einstein
- “Keep your sunny side up, keep yourself beautiful, and indulge yourself.” – Betsey Johnson
- “Every small positive change we make in ourselves repays us in confidence in the future.” – Alice Walker
- “Don’t be pushed around by the fears in your mind. Be led by the dreams in your heart.” – Roy T. Bennett
Famous Encouragement Quotes
These words of encouragement are amazing to people hope, courage, and strength in times when everything seems to go downhill.
Be it your husband, friend, kids, a student, colleagues, or someone at work, these motivational quotes will give a ray of light when everything seems dark.
- “In the middle of every difficulty lies opportunity.”— Albert Einstein
- “Living is the art of getting used to what we didn’t expect.” – Eleanor C. Wood
- “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” – Charles R. Swindoll
- “Courage is going from failure to failure without losing enthusiasm.” – Winston Churchill
- “Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” – William James
- “The most difficult thing is the decision to act, the rest is merely tenacity.” – Amelia Earhart
- “When you feel like quitting think about why you started.” – Unknown
- “Doing the best at this moment puts you in the best place for the next moment.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “The most common way people give up their power is by thinking they don’t have any.” – Alice Walker
- “Success is not final; failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston S. Churchill
- “The trick is to enjoy life. Don’t wish away your days, waiting for better ones ahead.” – Marjorie Pay Hinckley
- “A successful man is one who can lay a firm foundation with the bricks others have thrown at him.” – David Brinkley
- “Focus on the journey, not the destination. Joy is found not in finishing an activity but in doing it.” – Greg Anderson
- “Every day may not be good… but there’s something good in every day.” ― Alice Morse Earle
- “We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.” – Buddha
- “Be thankful for what you have and you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
Inspirational Quotes Of Encouragement
As you read through these uplifting quotes, allow them to resonate within you, sparking the fire of self-belief, perseverance, and determination.
May they serve as a constant reminder of your inner strength and inspire you to tackle life’s challenges with unwavering resolve and unyielding optimism.
- “See rejection as a redirection.” – Unknown
- “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
- “You’re allowed to scream, you’re allowed to cry but do not give up.” – Unknown
- “Fear kills more dreams than failure ever will.” – Suzy Kassem
- “If there is no struggle, there is no progress.” – Frederick Douglass
- “The harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph.” – Thomas Paine
- “When you have a dream, you’ve got to grab it and never let go.” – Carol Burnett
- “Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out.” – Robert Collier
- “You must never be fearful about what you are doing when it is right.” – Rosa Parks
- “The best way to cheer yourself up is to try to cheer somebody else up.” – Mark Twain
- “Never give up. There is no such thing as an ending. Just a new beginning.” – Unknown
- “Great things never come from comfort zones. ” – Unknown
- “You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it.” ― Margaret Thatcher
- “Remember that not getting what you want is sometimes a wonderful stroke of luck.” – Dalai Lama
- “Two things define you: Your patience when you have nothing and your attitude when you have everything.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “When you can’t control what’s happening, challenge yourself to control the way you respond. That’s where your power is.” – Unknown
- “After all this is over you’re going to come out stronger than ever before.” – Unknown
Best Encouraging Quotes
The beauty of encouraging quotes lies in their universal appeal; they are a reminder that, regardless of our situation, we all share a common human experience of facing struggles in life.
These powerful words will empower you to face adversity head-on, cultivate a positive attitude, and embrace life’s uncertainties with grace and courage.
- “Every day is a chance to be better.” – Unknown
- “Strive for progress, not perfection.” – Unknown
- “I will succeed in life not immediately but definitely.” – Unknown
- “Strive not to be a success but rather to be of value.” – Albert Einstein
- “Failure is not the opposite of success. It is part of success.” – Unknown
- “Nothing is impossible, the word itself says ‘I’m possible’!” – Audrey Hepburn
- “I think it’s possible for ordinary people to choose to be extraordinary.” – Elon Musk
- “When you go through deep waters, I will be with you.” – Isaiah 43:2 NLT (Bible)
- “Life has got all those twists and turns. You’ve got to hold on tight and off you go.” – Nicole Kidman
- “A word of encouragement during a failure is worth more than an hour of praise after success.” – Unknown
- “The only person you are destined to become is the person you decide to be.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “I will love the light for it shows me the way, yet I will endure the darkness because it shows me the stars.” – Og Mandino
- “It doesn’t matter who you are, where you come from. The ability to triumph begins with you. Always.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Cherish your visions and your dreams as they are the children of your soul, the blueprints of your ultimate achievements.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Nothing splendid has ever been achieved except by those who dared believe that something inside of them was superior to circumstance.” – Bruce Barton
Words Of Encouragement
These inspiring words of wisdom are by famous writers, personalities, athletes, and entrepreneurs who have faced immense challenges and still emerged victorious as a winner.
The experiences of successful people are great insight and life lessons to provide comfort, guidance, and solace in testing times.
Inspirational quotes serve as a beacon of light in our darkest moments, lifting our spirits and pushing us to become the best versions of ourselves.
- “The best revenge is massive success.” – Frank Sinatra
- “You didn’t come this far to only come this far.” – Unknown
- “Hardships often prepare ordinary people for an extraordinary destiny.” – C.S. Lewis
- “Even if you’re on the right track, you’ll get run over if you just sit there.” – Will Rogers
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
- “You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life” – Unknown
- “There is nothing in a caterpillar that tells you it’s going to be a butterfly.” – Buckminster Fuller
- “The truest greatness lies in being kind, the truest wisdom in a happy mind.” – Ella Wheeler Wilcox
- “Be miserable. Or motivate yourself. Whatever has to be done, it’s always your choice.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.” ― John Lennon
- “If God brings you to it, He’ll bring you through it.” – Unknown
- “There is always light. If only we’re brave enough to see it. If only we’re brave enough to be it.” – Amanda Gorman
- “You are the author of your own story. If you don’t like where this chapter is going, it’s okay to start a new one.” – Unknown
- “You must be big enough to admit your mistakes, smart enough to learn from them, and strong enough to correct them.” – John C. Maxwell
Short Encouraging Quotes
- “Storms don’t last forever.” – Unknown
- “If I persist long enough I will win.” – Og Mandino
- “Everything is hard before it is easy.” – Goethe J.W.
- “The best way out is always through.” – Robert Frost
- “Defeat is simply a signal to press onward.” – Helen Keller
- “You cannot expect victory and plan for defeat.” – Joel Osteen
- “Don’t wait. The time will never be just right.” – Napoleon Hill
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
- “You’re on your way, my man. Keep going.”- Vincent H. O’Neil
- “Life has no limitations, except the ones you make.” – Les Brown
- “The comeback is always stronger than the setback.” – Unknown
- “Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.” – Bo Jackson
- “Don’t give up. Don’t lose hope. Don’t sell out.” – Christopher Reeve
- “Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent.” – Steve Martin
- “Hope is the only thing stronger than fear.” ― Suzanne Collins
- “The bad news is time flies. The good news is you’re the pilot.” – Michael Altshuler
- “Don’t be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
Motivational Encouraging Quotes For Hard Times
Sometimes failures, setbacks, and negativity pull you down in life. This is the time when you feel that you need something to lift up yourself and your spirits.
Whatever you’re struggling with in your life, it helps to hear some words of encouragement that remind us that we all take knocks in life, but the best thing in life is to bounce back.
Here is a collection of some best uplifting encouragement quotes to give you a kickstart and get back on track.
- “The first step is you have to say that you can.” – Will Smith
- “The best way to predict the future is to create it.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Rise above the storm and you will find the sunshine.” – Mario Fernandez
- “We must embrace pain and burn it as fuel for our journey.” – Kenji Miyazawa
- “The man who moves a mountain begins by carrying away small stones.” – Confucius
- “Next to trying and winning, the best thing is trying and failing.” – L.M. Montgomery
- “Don’t let anyone convince you, ever again, that you’re nothing without them.” – Julia Ash
- “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “Let us make our future now, and let us make our dreams tomorrow’s reality.” – Malala Yousafzai
- “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “Big jobs usually go to the men who prove their ability to outgrow small ones.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Most great people have attained their greatest success one step beyond their greatest failure.” – Napoleon Hill
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
- “Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Courage is not having the strength to go on; it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” ― Teddy Roosevelt
Encouraging Quotes To Keep Moving Forward
- “You are stronger than you think.”
- “Breathe. It’s only a bad day, not a bad life.” ― Johnny Depp
- “Once we accept our limits, we go beyond them.” – Albert Einstein
- “It is never too late to be who you might have been.” – George Elliot
- “Do it for the people who want to see you fail.” – Unknown
- “It is not the mountain we conquer but ourselves.” – Edmund Hillary
- “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.” – Victor Kiam
- “Real change, enduring change, happens one step at a time.” – Ruth Bader Ginsburg
- “Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Just when the caterpillar thought the world was over, it became a butterfly.” ― Proverb
- “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing – that’s why we recommend it daily.” ― Zig Ziglar
- “In essence, if we want to direct our lives, we must take control of our consistent actions. It’s not what we do once in a while that shapes our lives, but what we do consistently.” – Tony Robbins
- “If you are struggling today, remember this: You have survived everything you’ve gone through up to this point. The best day of your life is still yet to come. There are still people you haven’t met, and things you haven’t experienced. You can do this.” – Unknown
Encouraging Messages To Uplift Someone
Some encouraging words for hard times will motivate you, or your mother, kids, father, or friend, to be strong and keep going amidst all difficulties.
In these times of weakness, some motivational words of encouragement about never giving up can do wonders to reassure you in tough times.
- “Problems are not stop signs, they are guidelines.” – Robert H. Schuller
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” – Robert H Schuller
- “When the going gets tough, the tough get going.”— Joseph Kennedy
- “Fall seven times, stand up eight.”– Japanese Proverb
- “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” – Truman Capote
- “Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.”— Confucius
- “We must accept finite disappointment, but we must never lose infinite hope.” – Martin Luther King
- “The world breaks everyone, then some become strong at the broken places.” – Ernest Hemingway
- “You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.” – Bob Marley
- “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” – Winston Churchill
- “You’re braver than you believe, stronger than you seem, and smarter than you think.” – A. A. Milne
- “The world is more malleable than you think and it’s waiting for you to hammer it into shape.” – Bono
- “Inhale, exhale, it is well, it is well. All of this is a part of the story you will tell.” – Morgan Harper Nichols
- “It is often the small steps, not the giant leaps, that bring about the most lasting change.” – Queen Elizabeth II
- “The more the panic grows, the more uplifting the image of a man who refuses to bow to the terror.” – Ernst Junger
- “Real Integrity is doing the right thing, knowing that nobody’s going to know whether you did it or not.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Talent is cheaper than table salt. What separates the talented individual from the successful one is a lot of hard work.” – Stephen King
- “Once we believe in ourselves, we can risk curiosity, wonder, spontaneous delight, or any experience that reveals the human spirit.” – E. Cummings
- “Don’t be intimidated by what you don’t know. That can be your greatest strength and ensure that you do things differently from everyone else.” – Sara Blakely
- “Life is a series of natural and spontaneous changes. Don’t resist them – that only creates sorrow. Let reality be reality. Let things flow naturally forward in whatever way they like.” – Lao Tzu
- “I’ve missed more than 9000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life. And that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things that you didn’t do than by the ones you did do, so throw off the bowlines, sail away from safe harbor, catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore, Dream, Discover.” – Mark Twain
- “Each morning when I open my eyes I say to myself: I, not events, have the power to make me happy or unhappy today. I can choose which it shall be. Yesterday is dead, tomorrow hasn’t arrived yet. I have just one day, today, and I’m going to be happy.” – Groucho Marx
Words of Encouragement For Friend
From my personal experience I came to know that powerful quotations can help us navigate even the toughest times, reminding us that no matter what happens, one should “never give up”.
Remember – you never know what an act of kindness or a small gesture can mean to someone else.
Whether it’s a little pep talk, a genuine expression of appreciation, or a lovely quote, you can make someone’s day and spread positive vibes throughout the world.
So let’s all do our part to make the world a better, more positive place, one quote at a time.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more to spread positive vibes about success, hard work, and persistence.