Looking for uplifting words to motivate yourself? We have rounded up the best collection of motivate yourself quotes, sayings, captions, and one-liners, (with images and pictures) to inspire and encourage you to work hard, be focused, and be successful.
Self-motivation is important. It’s a way of reminding yourself about your goals, and dreams, and what you have to do to achieve them.
Self-motivation is, in its simplest form, the force that drives you to do things and turn your thoughts into actions.
Also See: Self-Made Quotes
As quoted by Zig Ziglar; “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing, that’s why we recommend it daily.”
We all need some pep talk, positive self-talk, and daily reminders of our immense potential to reach our goals.
Reading positive and uplifting quotes every morning is a great way to keep yourself motivated and charged to work hard.
Also See: Better Yourself Quotes
These famous self-motivation quotes by prominent leaders, writers, authors, and celebrities, will surely motivate you to believe in yourself and always be ready to pursue great things.
Be it business, work, fitness, workout, or anything aspect of your life, motivational reminders on a daily basis can help you achieve your dreams and inspire you to keep moving on even if you get tired.
Top 10 Self Motivation Quotes To Encourage You
- “Make measurable progress in reasonable time.” –Jim Rohn
- “The secret of getting ahead is getting started.” – Mark Twain
- “Do one thing every day that scares you.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
- “What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash
- “Set your goals high, and don’t stop till you get there.” – Bo Jackson
- “Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.” – Peter Marshall
- “If you’re walking down the right path and you’re willing to keep walking, eventually you’ll make progress.” – Barack Obama
- “A pessimist sees the difficulty in every opportunity; an optimist sees the opportunity in every difficulty.” – Winston Churchill
- “When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us.” – Helen Keller
Best Self Motivation Quotes For Strength
These uplifting quotes about self-made people will inspire you to go the extra mile and turn your can’ts into cans, turn failure into success, and emerge as a true winner.
- “Be yourself, but always better self.” – Karl G. Maeser
- “Winners are not born, they are self-made.” – Pat Summitt
- “Every day is a chance to change yourself.” – Unknown
- “One finds limits by pushing them.” – Herbert A. Simon
- “Remind yourself: If it was easy, everyone would do it.” – Unknown
- “What comes easy won’t last. What lasts won’t come easy.” – Anonymous
- “Always believe that something wonderful is about to happen.” – Unknown
- “When you feel like quitting…. think about why you started.” – Anonymous
- “No one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “No one can motivate you until you motivate yourself…!!!” – Unknown
- “Sometimes we’re tested not to show our weaknesses, but to discover our strengths.” – Unknown
- “If you have the power to make someone happy, do it. The world needs more of that.” – Unknown
- “There is progress whether ye are going forward or backward! The thing is to move!” – Edgar Cayce
- “You need to believe in yourself and what you do. Be tenacious and genuine.” – Christian Louboutin
- “We are all self-made, but only the successful will admit it.” – Earl Nightingale
- “Never be satisfied with a mediocre life, your parents never raised you to see you living an average life.” – The Dark Secrets
- “Do not confuse motion and progress. A rocking horse keeps moving but does not make any progress.” – Alfred A. Montapert
- “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” – Napolean Hill
- “Try not to become a man of success, but rather try to become a man of value” – Albert Einstein
- “The more you praise and celebrate your life, the more there is in life to celebrate.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Human progress is neither automatic nor inevitable. Every step toward the goals requires sacrifice, suffering, and struggle; the tireless exertions and passionate concern of dedicated individuals.” – Martin Luther King
Famous Self Motivational Quotes
There may be some bad or tough days when you feel the struggle and challenges seem never-ending. You may feel mentally exhausted and tired to move on.
But as the popularly quotation says; “If you get tired, learn to rest, not quit.” When you feel like giving up then always remember why you started.
When you set your goals right and plan your action, then just a little courage and discipline can change your game and make you a winner.
- “Delay is the enemy of progress.” – Eliot Spitzer
- “Courage is like a muscle. We strengthen it by use.” – Ruth Gordo
- “Inaction may be safe, but it builds nothing.” – Dave Freudenthal
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “You create your opportunities by asking for them.” – Shakti Gawain
- “Don’t watch the clock; do what it does. Keep going.” – Sam Levenson
- “True happiness involves the full use of one’s power and talents.” – John W. Gardner
- “You must have a level of discontent to feel the urge to want to grow.” – Idowu Koyenikan
- “Your success will be determined by your own confidence and fortitude.” – Michelle Obama
- “Always, Always, Always believe in yourself, because if you don’t, then who will?”―Marilyn Monroe
- “If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life.” – Marcus Garvey
- “Opportunity often comes disguised in the form of misfortune, or temporary defeat.” – Napoleon Hill
- “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving and that’s your own self.” – Aldous Huxley
- “Press forward. Do not stop, do not linger in your journey, but strive for the mark set before you.” – George Whitefield
- “Confidence is a habit that can be developed by acting as if you already had the confidence you desire to have.” – Brian Tracy
- “If somebody offers you an amazing opportunity but you are not sure you can do it, say yes – then learn how to do it later.” – Richard Branson
- “You’re going to go through tough times – that’s life. But I say, ‘Nothing happens to you, it happens for you.’ See the positive in negative events.” – Joel Osteen
- “If you believe in yourself and have dedication and pride – and never quit, you’ll be a winner. The price of victory is high but so are the rewards.” – Bear Bryant
- “Don’t waste time bathing in negative experience. Spin your energy and focus your attention on moving on. Take the lesson from the hardship, and use it in the future.” – Les Brown
- “Do not wait; the time will never be ‘just right.’ Start where you stand, and work with whatever tools you may have at your command, and better tools will be found as you go along.” – George Herbert
- “Life is not easy for any of us. But what of that? We must have perseverance and above all confidence in ourselves. We must believe that we are gifted for something and that this thing must be attained.” – Marie Curie
Quotes On Self Motivation
- “One day or day one. You decide.” – Unknown
- “You are enough to win the world.” – Unknown
- “Prove yourself to yourself not others.” – Unknown
- “If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.” – Milton Berle
- “Believe in yourself when nobody else does.” – Mary J. Blige
- “I’m working… on myself, for myself, by myself.” – Unknown
- “Self-confidence is the best outfit. Rock it and own it.” – Unknown
- “The key to success is to focus on goals, not obstacles.” – Unknown
- “Push yourself because no one else is going to do it for you.” – Anonymous
- “There are only two options: Make progress or make excuses.” – Anonymous
- “We forget that waking up every day is the first thing we should be grateful for.” – Unknown
- “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “Don’t be afraid of struggles, because as you go on, it enhances your confidence.” – Anath Lee Wales
- “Run away from laziness; work hard. Touch intuition and listen to the heart, not marketing directors. Dream.” – Alber Elbaz
- “I don’t stop when I’m tired. I only stop when I’m done.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “Champions keep playing until they get it right.”– Billie Jean King
- “Without self-discipline, success is impossible, period.”– Lou Holtz
- “A champion is someone who gets up when he can’t.”– Jack Dempsey
- “Hard work beats talent when talent doesn’t work hard.”– Tim Notke
- “Expect change. Analyze the landscape. Take the opportunities. Stop being the chess piece; become the player. It’s your move.” – Tony Robbins
- “Whenever you face a challenge, don’t ask why me because God only give challenges to those who are capable of achieving something.” – The Dark Secrets
Empowering Quotes About Self Motivation
- “Always strive to improve yourself.” – Unknown
- “Don’t wait for opportunity, create it.” – Unknown
- “Life is tough darling, but so are you!” – Unknown
- “Just be happy. It drives people crazy.” – Unknown
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
- “Any action is better than no action at all.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “I believed in myself before anyone else did.” ― Muhammad Ali
- “Setting goals is the first step in turning the invisible into the visible.” – Tony Robbins
- “Self-confidence is the foundation of all great success and achievement.” – Unknown
- “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- “To succeed, jump as quickly at opportunities as you do at conclusions.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “You can’t improve anything if you don’t first know what needs to be improved.” – Bohdi Sanders
- “Don’t compare yourself with any one in this world. If you compare, you are insulting yourself.” – Unknown
- “You can have all the tools in the world but if you don’t genuinely believe in yourself, it’s useless.” – Ken Jeong
- “Be a magnet that draws opportunity. Paint brilliant thoughts and actions. Mirror success.” – Shawn L. Anderson
- “We are what we are. If you are different, it’s because you are special. Don’t let anyone tell you differently.” – John Inman
- “Change the happenings in your life from obligatory tasks to opportunities for which you are grateful.” – Kathryn Prentice
- “The strongest factor for success is self esteem: believing you can do it, believing you deserve it, believing you will get it.” – Unknown
- “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Some people say that I have an attitude- Maybe I do. But I think that you have to. You have to believe in yourself when no one else does- that makes you a winner right there.” – Venus Williams
- “I’ve missed more than 9,000 shots in my career. I’ve lost almost 300 games. 26 times I’ve been trusted to take the game winning shot and missed. I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life, and that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
Self Motivational Quotes To Inspire You
A good pep-talk will give you the ability to drive yourself to take initiative and action to pursue goals and complete tasks.
Also See: Push Yourself Quotes
It’s an inner drive to take action — to create and to achieve. To be committed to your dreams and be enthusiastic to achieve it at any cost. When you are driven by passion, then nothing can stop you.
- “Impossible is just an opinion.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Everything you can imagine is real.” – Pablo Picasso
- “Whatever you are, be a good one.” –Abraham Lincoln
- “Bright light. You’ve always found your way.” – Nora Roberts
- “Action cures fear, inaction creates terror.” – Douglas Horton
- “Slow, steady progress is better than daily excuses.” – Robin Sharma
- “Without hard work, nothing grows but weeds.” – Gordon B. Hinckley
- “Your passion is waiting for your courage to catch up.” – Isabelle Lafleche
- “Without deviation from the norm, progress is not possible.” – Frank Zappa
- “If we have the attitude that it’s going to be a great day it usually is.” – Catherine Pulsifier
- “Edit your life frequently and ruthlessly. It’s your masterpiece after all.” – Nathan W. Morris
- “Happiness is not something ready made. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama XIV
- “I’ve failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.” – Michael Jordan
- “Do what you feel in your heart to be right―for you’ll be criticized anyway.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “You can either experience the pain of discipline or the pain of regret. The choice is yours.” – Unknown
- “If people are doubting how far you can go, go so far that you can’t hear them anymore.” – Michele Ruiz
- “Whatever you think the world is withholding from you, you are withholding from the world.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “Magic is believing in yourself. If you can make that happen, you can make anything happen.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- “You’re only as good as you believe you are. Start seeing yourself as the person you believe you can become. Step into the future and welcome your new self.” – Germany Kent
- “We need to accept that we won’t always make the right decisions, that we’ll screw up royally sometimes―understanding that failure is not the opposite of success, it’s part of success.” – Arianna Huffington
In life, there are several distractions that you have to face. It may be a heartbreak, pain, struggles, loss of a dear one, or financial loss. But you have to gather your strength and motivate yourself every day to keep hustling and moving forward. Hard work, persistence, and patience will always pay off.
If you are motivated by these quotes, feel free to spread the positive vibes and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
Don’t forget to check our collection of powerful bounce-back quotes to give you the adrenaline rush you need to work again on your dreams.
If we have missed some quotes, share it with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add it to the list.