50 Pablo Picasso Quotes About Life, Art, And Creativity
Read the best collection of Pablo Picasso quotes, sayings, and captions (with images and pictures) that will help you stay motivated and push your creative boundaries.
Pablo Ruiz Picasso was a Spanish painter, sculptor, ceramicist, and printmaker who created an unparalleled amount of work during his lifetime.
Also Check: Best Georgia O’Keeffe Quotes
He was one of the most influential and greatest artists of the 20th century known for co-founding the Cubist movement in painting, which changed the way people view art.
Picasso demonstrated extraordinary artistic talent during his early years.
He painted in a naturalistic manner throughout his childhood but gradually changed his style as he experimented with different theories, ideas, and techniques.
Throughout his life, Picasso’s art stretched over a variety of styles and themes, including the Blue Period, the Rose Period, the African-influenced Period, Neoclassicism, and Surrealism.
Pablo Picasso left an indelible mark on the world of art and culture. His legacy continues to inspire artists to think out of the box, embrace new forms, and enhance their creative expression.
These inspirational Pablo Picasso quotes will inspire you to paint your dreams on the canvas of life.
Top 10 Pablo Picasso Quotes
- “Youth has no age.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Everything you can imagine is real.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Bad artists copy. Good artists steal.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Art is the elimination of the unnecessary.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “The chief enemy of creativity is ‘good’ sense.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Action is the foundational key to all success.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Learn the rules like a pro, so you can break them like an artist.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “The purpose of art is washing the dust of daily life off our souls.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “All children are artists. The problem is how to remain an artist once we grow up.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “I do not seek. I find.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Painting is just another way of keeping a diary.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “I’d like to live as a poor man with lots of money.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “I paint objects as I think them, not as I see them.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “I begin with an idea and then it becomes something else.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Others have seen what is and asked why. I have seen what could be and asked why not.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “I don’t believe in accidents. There are only encounters in history. There are no accidents.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Some painters transform the sun into a yellow spot, others transform a yellow spot into the sun.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “He can who thinks he can, and he can’t who thinks he can’t. This is an inexorable, indisputable law.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “When I was a child, my mother said to me, ‘If you become a soldier, you’ll be a general. If you become a monk, you’ll end up as the Pope.’ Instead, I became a painter and wound up as Picasso.” ― Pablo Picasso
Quotes By Pablo Picasso About Life
- “We don’t grow older, we grow riper.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “It takes a long time to become young.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Love is the greatest refreshment in life.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “The hidden harmony is better than the obvious.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Inspiration exists, but it has to find you working.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Without great solitude, no serious work is possible.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “It is your work in life that is the ultimate seduction.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Computers are useless. They can only give you answers.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “To make oneself hated is more difficult than to make oneself loved.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “The older you get the stronger the wind gets – and it’s always in your face.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Only put off until tomorrow what you are willing to die having left undone.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “It took me four years to paint like Raphael, but a lifetime to paint like a child.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “I am always doing that which I cannot do, in order that I may learn how to do it.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Everything is a miracle. It is a miracle that one does not dissolve in one’s bath like a lump of sugar.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “An idea is a point of departure and no more. As soon as you elaborate it, it becomes transformed by thought.” ― Pablo Picasso
Pablo Picasso Quotes About Art
- “Art is chaos taking shape.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Give me a museum and I’ll fill it.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Art is a lie that makes us realize the truth.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Every act of creation is first an act of destruction.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Unless your work gives you trouble, it is no good.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Art washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Colors, like features, follow the changes of the emotions.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Ah, good taste! What a dreadful thing! Taste is the enemy of creativeness.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “The world today doesn’t make sense, so why should I paint pictures that do?” ― Pablo Picasso
- “If I paint a wild horse, you might not see the horse… but surely you will see the wildness!” ― Pablo Picasso
- “There is no abstract art. You must always start with something. Afterward you can remove all traces of reality.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Painting is a blind man’s profession. He paints not what he sees, but what he feels, what he tells himself about what he has seen.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Painting is an essential function of human life. Wherever human beings live, painting has existed and exists. Painting is a language, as with words.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “The artist is a receptacle for emotions that come from all over the place: from the sky, from the earth, from a scrap of paper, from a passing shape, from a spider’s web.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Art is not the application of a canon of beauty but what the instinct and the brain can conceive beyond any canon. When we love a woman we don’t start measuring her limbs.” ― Pablo Picasso
Picasso also helped to create a new style of art called Cubism, where objects were broken up and reassembled in an abstract way. Some of his most famous works include “The Young Ladies of Avignon” and “Guernica.”
Picasso continued to make art until his death on April 8, 1973. Today, his art is displayed in museums all around the world, and he is considered one of the most important artists of the 20th century.
Which of these famous Pablo Picasso quotes and sayings resonated with you best? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Tell us in the comment section below.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom and share your feelings in words.