130 Action Quotes To Motivate You To Follow Your Dreams
Looking for quotes about taking action in your life? We have rounded the best collection of motivational action quotes, sayings, messages, captions, and slogans (with images and pictures) to inspire you to hustle more.
Taking action is the key to achieving goals and making progress in life.
It can be difficult to overcome inertia and start moving towards a desired outcome, but there are countless quotes and sayings that encourage people to take action and pursue their dreams.
Taking action in life toward your goal or dream is one of the toughest things to do. We all think a lot, fear a lot and do not take the step we need to.
Overthinking leads to procrastination and fear of failure leads us to defer our actions.
Also See: Actions Speak Louder Than Words
But from dreaming to doing, the journey may seem to be hard, but it’s exciting and gives you the learning of your life.
Once you take action and do things you should, you see how things fall into place. With every chance you take, and every move you make you are one step forward toward your goals.
Don’t forget to check out our article on lead by example quotes and walk the talk quotes to empower you.
Most Famous Action Quotes
- “Action is the antidote to despair.” – Joan Baez
- “Ideas without action are useless.” – Helen Keller
- “Well done is better than well said.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Either you run the day or the day runs you.” – Jim Rohn
- “Let your performance do the thinking.” – Charlotte Brontë
- “If you aim at nothing, you will hit it every time.” – Zig Ziglar
- “The value of an idea lies in the using of it.” – Thomas Edison
- “Action is the foundational key to all success.” – Pablo Picasso
- “Motivation gets you going and habit gets you there.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Action is the universal language of success.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
- “Act as if what you do makes a difference. It does.” – William James
- “Words may inspire but only action creates change.” – Simon Sinek
- “Be the change that you wish to see in the world.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Be content to act, and leave the talking to others.” – Baltasar Gracian
- “You are what you do, not what you say you’ll do.” – Carl Gustav Jung
- “God provides the wind, but man must raise the sails.” – St. Augustine
- “You’ll miss 100% of the shots if you don’t take any.” – Wayne Gretzky
- “There is only one proof of ability—action.” – Marie Ebner-Eschenbach
- “Doubt can only be removed by action.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Action speaks louder than words but not nearly as often.” – Mark Twain
- “Small deeds done are better than great deeds planned.” – Peter Marshall
- “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” – Tony Robbins
- “When your actions contradict your words, your words don’t mean anything.”
- “The path to success is to take massive, determined actions.” – Tony Robbins
- “Words may show a man’s wit, but actions his meaning.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Words are meaningless, when actions are worthless” – Christine E. Szymanski
- “A superior man is modest in his speech, but exceeds in his actions.” – Confucius
- “People may doubt what you say, but they will believe what you do.” – Lewis Cass
- “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Wealth does not count; words do not count; actions count!” – Dada J. P. Vaswani
- “Thoughts do more. Words to much. Actions do much more.” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “Write it. Shoot it. Publish it. Crochet it, sauté it, whatever. MAKE.” – Joss Whedon
- “All our dreams can come true, if we have the courage to pursue them.” – Walt Disney
- “If your actions don’t live up to your words, you have nothing to say.” – DaShanne Stokes
- “Outstanding people have one thing in common: an absolute sense of mission.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Every action of our lives touches on some chord that will vibrate in eternity.” – E. H. Chapin
- “It isn’t confidence that comes first, but taking action. Confidence follows action.” – Scott Allan
- “Successful people are not gifted; they just work hard, then succeed on purpose.” – G.K. Nielson
- “It’s your road, and yours alone. Others may walk it with you, but no one can walk it for you” – Rumi
- “Action may not always bring happiness, but there is no happiness without action.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.” – Michael Jordan
- “An idea not coupled with action will never get any bigger than the brain cell it occupied.” – Arnold Glasow
- “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Effort increases action. Action creates momentum. Momentum creates success.” – Dwayne ‘The Rock’ Johnson
- “He who has put forth his total strength in fit actions, has the richest return of wisdom.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – James Sherman
- “Take action, an inch of movement will bring you closer to your goals than a mile of intention.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Stop complaining and do something… Shut up! Rise up! Grow up! And show up! See you at the top!” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “Action is a great restorer and builder of confidence. Inaction is not only the result, but the cause, of fear.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “A real decision is measured by the fact that you’ve taken a new action. If there’s no action, you haven’t truly decided.” – Tony Robbins
- “When the actions becomes frequent than the words, success becomes heavier than the dreams. Do more, say less.” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “Enthusiasm is one of the most powerful engines of success. When you do a thing, do it with all your might. Put your whole soul into it.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Dr. Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Action is greater than writing. A good man is a nobler object of contemplation than a great author. There are but two things worth living for; to do what is worthy of being written; and to write what is worthy of being read; and the greater of these is the doing.” – Albert Pike
Best Take Action Quotes To Inspire You
We all have numerous plans for our future in our heads, but until we act upon them, they are just thoughts. Powerful thoughts followed by a plan of action will get you the desired results.
Also See: Quotes About Trying New Things
So be a go-getter in life, do things you always wanted to do, listen to your instincts, and follow your passion. Being afraid to fail should never stop you from trying new things.
- “One day or day one. It’s your decision.”
- “Knowledge is potential; action is power.” – Tony Robbins
- “No one builds a legacy by standing still.” – Oscar Auliq-Ice
- “When every action has a purpose. Every action has a result.”
- “As you start to walk out on the way, the way appears.” – Rumi
- “Put a grain of boldness into everything you do” – Baltasar Gracian
- “There is nothing impossible to him who will try.”- Alexander the Great
- “Words are often from the lips, actions are from the heart.” – Rashida Costa
- “A good plan today is better than a perfect plan tomorrow.” – George Patton
- “You’ll never plough a field by turning it over in your mind.” – Irish Proverb
- “Good luck is another name for tenacity of purpose.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
- “The superior man acts before he speaks, and afterwards speaks according to his action.” – Confucius
- “Don’t be afraid to take a big step. You can’t cross a chasm in two small jumps.” – David Lloyd George
- “Preach! Write! Act! Do anything, save to lie down and die!” – Hester, Chapter 17, ‘The Scarlet Letter’
- “Great ability develops and reveals itself increasingly with every new assignment.” – Baltasar Gracian
- “Whatever you do may seem insignificant to you, but it is most important that you do it.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Wishing is not enough; we must do.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- “Men will lie on their backs, talking about the fall of man and never make an effort to get up.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Twenty years from now you’ll be more disappointed by the things you did not do than the ones you did.” – Mark Twain
- “Just as any gem is polished by friction, I am certain to become more valuable through this day’s adversities” – Og Mandino
- “You cannot score a goal when you are sitting on the bench. To do so, you have to dress up and enter the game. – Israelmore Ayivor
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
- “What should move us to action is human dignity: the inalienable dignity of the oppressed, but also the dignity of each of us. We lose dignity if we tolerate the intolerable.” – Baltasar Gracian
- “It’s the action, not the fruit of the action, that’s important. You have to do the right thing. It may not be in your power, may not be in your time, that there will be any fruit. – Mahatma Gandhi
Motivational Taking Action Quotes
- “For every action, there is a reaction.” – Albert Einstein
- “Never confuse motion with action.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “The first step binds one to the second.” – French Proverb
- “The most effective way to do it, is to do it.” – Amelia Earhart
- “Victory belongs to the most persevering.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “I never worry about action, but only inaction.” – Winston Churchill
- “A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single step.” – Lao Tzu
- “If you don’t make things happen then things will happen to you.” – Anonymous
- “Ideas won’t keep. Something must be done about them.” – Alfred North Whitehead
- “Whatever the mind of a man can conceive and believe, it can achieve.” – Napoleon Hill
- “What you do speaks so loudly that I cannot hear what you say.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Excuses are a time thief, Have a goal, accept responsibility, and take action!” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
- “A man who has committed a mistake and doesn’t correct it, is committing another mistake.” – Confucius
- “Joy lies in the fight, in the attempt, in the suffering involved, not in the victory itself.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “For all sad words of tongue and pen, the saddest are these, ‘It might have been’.” – John Greenleaf Whittier
- “There is no substitute for hard work. Never give up. Never stop believing. Never stop fighting.” – Hope Hicks
- “The successful person makes a habit of doing what the failing person doesn’t like to do.” – Thomas Alva Edison
- “It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is because we do not dare that things are difficult.” – Seneca
- “We do not act rightly because we have virtue or excellence, but we rather have those because we have acted rightly.” – Aristotle
- “The universe doesn’t give you what you ask for with your thoughts; it gives you what you demand with your actions.” – Dr. Steve Maraboli
- “I do not believe in a fate that falls on men however they act; but I do believe in a fate that falls on them unless they act.” – Gilbert K. Chesterton
- “Begin to free yourself at once by doing all that is possible with the means you have, and as you proceed in this spirit the way will open for you to do more.” – Robert Collier
- “People judge you on your performance, so focus on the outcome. Be a yardstick of quality. Some people aren’t used to an environment where excellence is expected.” – Steve Jobs
Inspirational Call To Action Quotes
- “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
- “Always do more than is required of you.” – George S. Patton
- “If you wait, all that happens is that you get older.” – Mario Andretti
- “Things do not happen. Things are made to happen.” – John F. Kennedy
- “If you don’t like how things are, change it! You’re not a tree.” – Jim Rohn
- “Action is the last resource of those who know not how to dream.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Do the thing you are afraid to do and the death of fear is certain.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Everywhere in life, the true question is not what we gain, but what we do.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “You will either step forward into growth or you will step back into safety.” – Abraham Maslow
- “The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now.” – Chinese Proverb
- “As I grow older, I pay less attention to what people say. I just watch what they do.” – Andrew Carnegie
- “Our grand business is not to see what lies dimly at a distance, but to do what lies clearly at hand.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “Take time to deliberate, but when the time for action has arrived, stop thinking and go in.” – Napolean Bonaparte
- “You don’t get results by focusing on results. You get results by focusing on the actions that produce results.” – Mike Hawkins
- “The world can only be grasped by action, not by contemplation. The hand is the cutting edge of the mind.” – Jacob Bronowski
- “Create a definite plan for carrying out your desire and begin at once, whether you are ready or not, to put the plan into action.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Your genuine action will explain itself, and will explain your other genuine actions. Your conformity explains nothing.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Knowing is not enough; we must apply. Being willing is not enough; we must do.” – Leonardo da Vinci
Short Take Action Now Captions
- Dream big. Take action.
- Actions speak louder than words.
- Control your thoughts. Focus. Take action.
- Dream big. Start small, but most of all, start.
- Focus on where you want to go not where you are.
- The more action you take, the more progress you make.
- The distance between dreams and reality is called action.
- Don’t talk, just act. Don’t say, just show. Don’t promise, just prove.
- Every great achievement in human history began with a single step.
- Believe. Take action. Have confidence. Be disciplined. Never give up.
More Inspirational Quotes
Practice What You Preach Quotes
Overall, take action quotes can be a powerful motivator for anyone looking to make changes in their life.
They can help people overcome fear, doubt, and procrastination, and remind them that the only way to achieve their dreams is by taking action.
Read on to find these encouraging words of wisdom that will motivate you to keep hustling in building your business, leading your life, creating success, achieving your goals, and overcoming your fears to do anything you set your mind to.
Don’t forget to check out working on myself quotes and reflection quotes to inspire you to improve every day and grow as a person.
If you think you can relate to these action sayings, feel free to spread your feelings and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.