Top 110 Reflection Quotes To Inspire Self Improvement
Looking for inspirational quotes about reflection? We have rounded up the best collection of reflection quotes, sayings, captions for Instagram, status, (with images and pictures) to help you get the right perspective in life.
Reflection is defined as serious thought or consideration; the image of something in a mirror or on any reflective surface like water.
Just like when a mirror or water reflects your image you can see yourself, similarly Self-reflection is the act of looking into your own thoughts, acts, and beliefs.
Also See: Life Lessons Learned Quotes
When you take out time to reflect on your thoughts thing and introspect your acts, you improve every day and grow as a person.
This helps you see the faults and mistakes you’ve done. As a result, you can work on yourself and learn the lessons life teaches you.
Taking out time for yourself in solitude, and meditating will help you to reflect and improve yourself daily so that you may live your dreams.
If you are inspired by these reflection sayings, then do read our continuous improvement quotes and quotes about personal growth to inspire you to be better daily.
Best Reflection Quotes
- “O, happy the soul that saw its own faults.” – Rumi
- What we focus on the outside is a reflection of what we feel inside.
- “As water reflects the face, so one’s life reflects the heart.” Proverb
- “Reflective thinking turns experience into insight.” – John C. Maxwell
- “One travels more usefully when alone because he reflects more.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Art is not a reflection of reality, it is the reality of a reflection.” – Jean-Luc Godard
- “Sometimes you just need a break, in a beautiful place. Alone. To figure everything out.”
- “In moments of quiet reflection our minds embrace the sea that we have crossed.” – Holmes
- “Make sure the outside of you is a good reflection of the inside of you.” – Jim Rohn
- “There are two ways of spreading light: to be the candle or the mirror that reflects it.” – Edith Wharton
- “Since everything is a reflection of our minds, everything can be changed by our minds.” – Buddha
- “People who have had little self-reflection live life in a huge reality blind-spot.” – Bryant McGill
- “Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darkness of other people.” – Carl Jung
- “Learning without reflection is a waste. Reflection without learning is dangerous.” – Confucius
- “Sometimes, you have to look back in order to understand the things that lie ahead.” – Yvonne Woon
- “Everything in life is a reflection of what we need to learn, if only we see it that way.” – Lynn Marie Sager
- “Everything in your life is a reflection of a choice you have made. If you want a different result, make a different choice.” Anonymous
- “Your life is a reflection of your thoughts. If you change your thinking, you change your life.” – Brian Tracy
- “Whenever you find yourself on the side of the majority, it’s time to pause and reflect.” Mark Twain
- “There is one art of which people should be masters – the art of reflection.” – Samuel Taylor Coleridge
- “Be a reflection of what you’d like to receive. If you want love, give love. If you want truth, be truthful. What you give out will always return.” Kristen Butler
- “By three methods we may learn wisdom. First, by reflection, which is noblest. Second, by imitation, which is easiest and third by experience which is bitterest.” – Confucius
Self Reflection Quotes To Help You Grow
Famous icons like Oprah Winfrey, Buddha, and Albert Einstein all acknowledge the importance of self-reflection for growth, progress, and success in life.
Also See: Soul Searching Quotes
Be it relationships, work, or life, all aspects demand a better version of you. And you improve daily with regular self-reflection it helps you to be more aware of yourself and your thoughts.
- “Knowing yourself is the beginning of all wisdom.” – Aristotle
- “Our language is the reflection of ourselves.” – Cesar Chavez
- “Your past is the key to the next stage in your life.” – Rendon Noel
- “Self-reflection is the school of wisdom.” – Baltasar Gracian
- ”You cannot have a meaningful life without having self-reflection.” — Oprah Winfrey
- “Honest self-understanding liberates us from our stuck emotions.” – C. Terry Warner
- Honest self-reflection opens your mind to reprogramming, change, success and freedom.” —Unknown
- “Time and reflection change the sight little by little ’til we come to understand.”- Paul Cezanne
- “Without deep reflection one knows from daily life that one exists for other people.” – Albert Einstein
- “You attract what you are, not what you want. So if you want it then reflect it.”- Tony Gaskins
- “We don’t learn from experience we learn from reflecting on experience.” – John Dewey
- “Time spent in self-reflection is never wasted – it is an intimate date with yourself.” – Paul TP Wong
- Difficulty creates the opportunity for self-reflection and compassion.” – Suzan-Lori Parks
- The way blue ocean is the reflection of the sky, your actions are the reflection of your thoughts. – Amal Gade
- “In silence and movement, you can show the reflection of people.” – Marcel Marceau
- “Become addicted to constant and never-ending self-improvement.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” – Carl Jung
- “People are sent into our lives to teach us things that we need to learn about ourselves.” – Mandy Hale
- ”It is great to be introspective, self-analysis can be useful, but only if it results in action.” —Joe Sacco
- “Honest self-reflection opens your mind to reprogramming, change, success, and freedom.” – Vikas Runwal
- “It is always our own self that we find at the end of the journey. The sooner we face that self, the better.” – Ella Maillart
- “Women need real moments of solitude and self-reflection to balance out how much of ourselves we give away.” – Barbara De Angelis
- “Reflection is the lamp of the heart. If it departs, the heart will have no light.” – Abdullah ibn Alawi al-Haddad
- “Self-reflection is a humbling process. It’s essential to find out why you think, say, and do certain things… then better yourself.” – Sonya Teclai
- “To achieve happiness, I advocate four major principles. The principles of love, wisdom, self-reflection, and progress.” – Ryuho Okawa
- “An unawaken person sees only his mind, which is merely a reflection of the light of pure consciousness arising from the Heart.” – Ramana Maharshi
- “Reflect upon your present blessings – of which every man has many – not on your past misfortunes, of which all men have some.” – Charles Dickens, ‘A Christmas Carol And Other Christmas Writings’
- “Without reflection, we go blindly on our way, creating more unintended consequences, and failing to achieve anything useful.” – Margaret J. Wheatley
- “Self-reflection entails asking yourself questions about your values, assessing your strengths and failures, thinking about your perceptions and interactions with others, and imagining where you want to take your life in the future.” – Robert L. Rosen
Inspirational Life Reflection Quotes
Self-reflection enables you to move from just experiencing, to understanding. It enables you to identify areas for improvement and also areas where you are strong.
These wise words about self-evaluation and your beliefs will add great value to your life and help you change positively. Also, read our post on learn from the past quotes to inspire you
- “The unexamined life is not worth living.” – Socrates
- “We don’t see things as they are, we see them as we are.” – Anais Nin
- “Never forget to remain a student while you teach others.” – Jerry Cortsen
- “Reflective thinking turns experience into insight.” John C. Maxwell
- “A soul without reflection, like a pile without inhabitant, to ruin runs.” – Edward Young
- “Life can only be understood backward, but it must be lived forwards.” – Soren Kierkegaard
- “The more peace we have within our own lives, the more we can reflect into the outer world.” – Senora Roy
- “The soul usually knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.” – Caroline Myss
- “Difficulty creates the opportunity for self-reflection and compassion.” – Suzan-Lori Parks
- “You’re always with yourself, so you might as well enjoy the company.” – Diane von Furstenberg
- “Each person you meet is an aspect of yourself, clamoring for love.” – Eric Micha’el Leventhal
- “Life is only a reflection of what we allow ourselves to see and be.” – Trudy Symeonakis Vesotsky
- “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” – Thomas Paine
- “If you always do what you’ve always done, you’ll always be where you’ve always been.” – T. D. Jakes
- “There is no future without a past because what is to be cannot be imagined except as a form of repetition.” – Siri Hustvedt
Reflection Captions For Instagram
- Self reflection is scary but necessary for growth.
- “I am a reflection of my own soul.” Anonymous
- “If you are not evolving, you are dying.” – Marcus Lemonis
- People are too quick to pass judgement and too slow to self-reflect.
- “He that knows himself, knows others.” – Charles Caleb Colton
- “Self-reflection is a desire felt by the body, as well as the soul.” —Susan Griffin
- “The time is now. Stop hitting the snooze button on your life.” – Mel Robbins
- “The more reflective you are, the more effective you are.” – ‘Hall And Simeral’
- Reflection is one of the most underused yet powerful tools for success. – Richard Carlson
Positive Quotes About Reflection
Your attitude to keep reflecting on your acts, and decisions, will help you change for good. Leader always has this attitude of self-introspect.
Also See: Learning From Mistakes Quotes
This is great for teamwork, teachers, students, spiritual awareness, and self-aware.
- “Before you look at your future, reflect on your past.” – Sam Ade
- “Excellence is the gradual result of always striving to do better.” – Pat Riley
- “I have always preferred the reflection of the life to life itself.” – Francois Truffaut
- “Thirst drove me down to the water where I drank the moon’s reflection.” – Rumi
- “The capacity to reflect is at the heart of what it is to be an effective learner.” – Bill Lucas
- “Her own thoughts and reflections were habitually her best companions.” – Jane Austen
- “Can you remember who you were, before the world told you who you should be.” – Charles Bukowski
- “Living in a way that reflects one’s values is not just about what you do, it is also about how you do things.” – Deborah Day
- “Change is your friend, not your foe; change is a brilliant opportunity to grow.” – Simon T. Bailey
- “Your soul needs time for solitude and self-reflection. In order to love, lead, heal, and create, you must nourish yourself first.” – Louise Hay
- ”The world is a looking glass and gives back to every man the reflection of his own face.” – William Makepeace Thackeray
- “There is no greater journey than the one that you must take to discover all of the mysteries that lie within you.” – Michelle Sandlin
- “I think making mistakes and discovering them for yourself is of great value, but to have someone else to point out your mistakes is a shortcut of the process.” – Shelby Foote
- “Self-reflection is a much kinder teacher than regret is. Prioritize yourself by making a habit of it.” – Andrena Sawyer
Reflection Quotes To Help You Change
- “Love your enemies, for they tell you your faults.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “People of the world don’t look at themselves, and so they blame one another.” – Rumi
- “The way we reflect the world around us is the direct reflection of the world within us.” Anonymous
- “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Look outside and you will see yourself. Look inside and you will find yourself.” – Drew Gerald
- “Imaginary evils soon become real one by indulging our reflections on them.” – John Ruskin
- “If I speak of myself in different ways, that is because I look at myself in different ways.” – Michel de Montaigne
- “One can not reflect in streaming water. Only those who know internal peace can give it to others.” – Lao Tzu
- “Knowledge of the self is the mother of all knowledge. So it is incumbent on me to know myself, to know it completely.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Self-reflection is necessary to dig beneath our own layers and visit the inner crevices of our heart and mind to develop an understanding of life.”
Mirror Reflection Quotes
- “Life is a mirror and will reflect back to the thinker what he thinks into it.” – Ernest Holmes
- “You are a mirror of yourself in others. Whatever you want, give. Be the best reflection of yourself.” – Karen A. Baquiran
- “The mirror is a worthless invention. The only way to truly see yourself is in the reflection of someone else’s eyes.” – Voltaire
- “Your flesh is not a reflection of your soul. So when you look in the mirror, remember that your light outshines your flaws.” – D. Antoinette Foy
- “In a mirror is where we find a reflection of our appearances, but in a heart is where we find a reflection of our soul.” Anonymous
- “Your self-esteem won’t come from body parts. You need to step away from the mirror every once in a while, and look for another reflection, like the one in the eyes of the people who love you and admire you.” – Stacy London
- “Like water which can clearly mirror the sky and the trees only so long as its surface is undisturbed, the mind can only reflect the true image of the Self when it is tranquil and wholly relaxed.” —Indra Devi
Read on to find these encouraging words of wisdom about knowing your inner self that will motivate you to learn about yourself.
Don’t forget to check out our collection of procrastination quotes to get back to work motivated and all charged up and never be complacent in life.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more to spread positive vibes.