Looking for famous quotes from Anne Frank? We have rounded up the best collection of Anne Frank quotes, sayings, captions, and status (with images and pictures) about life, love, hope, courage, humanity, and more to inspire you big time.
Annelies Marie “Anne” Frank was a Jewish girl who kept a diary in which she documented life in hiding under Nazi persecution.
She is a celebrated diarist who described everyday life from her family’s hiding place in an Amsterdam attic.
Also Check: Florence Nightingale’s Quotes
The German teenager is known for her world-famous work, The Diary of Anne Frank, in which she documented her life in hiding from 1942 to 1944, under Nazi Persecution.
The Diary of a Young Girl book became one of the most widely read books in the world and has been the basis for several plays and films.
Her writings showcase her awareness and understanding of the war and her terrific storytelling and expression abilities which were very mature for her age.
These Anne Frank quotes and sayings will inspire you to find hope and courage even in your darkest and most difficult times.
Top 25 Anne Frank Quotes
- “I live in a crazy time.” – Anne Frank
- “I think a lot, but I don’t say much.” – Anne Frank
- “Beauty remains, even in misfortune.” – Anne Frank
- “No one has ever become poor by giving.” – Anne Frank
- “Memories mean more to me than dresses.” – Anne Frank
- “Whoever is happy will make others happy.” – Anne Frank
- “The young are not afraid of telling the truth.” – Anne Frank
- “Chins up, stick it out, better times will come.” – Anne Frank
- “Because paper has more patience than people.” – Anne Frank
- “Deep down, the young are lonelier than the old.” – Anne Frank
- “Some of the best days of life haven’t happened yet.” – Anne Frank
- “Crying can bring relief as long as you don’t cry alone.” – Anne Frank
- “Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy.” – Anne Frank
- “Laziness may appear attractive, but work gives satisfaction.” – Anne Frank
- “The weak fall, but the strong will remain and never go under!” – Anne Frank
- “The reason for my starting a diary is that I have no real friend.” – Anne Frank
- “Those who have courage and faith shall never perish in misery.” – Anne Frank
- “The final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” – Anne Frank
- “I don’t think of all the misery but of the beauty that still remains.” – Anne Frank
- “An empty day, though clear and bright, is just as dark as any night.” – Anne Frank
- “Who would ever think that so much went in the soul of a young girl?” – Anne Frank
- “The weak die out and the strong will survive, and will live on forever.” – Anne Frank
- “In the long run, the sharpest weapon of all is a kind and gentle spirit.” – Anne Frank
- “In spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.” – Anne Frank
- “Human greatness does not lie in wealth or power, but in character and goodness.” – Anne Frank
Best Anne Frank Quotes To Inspire You
Anne Frank was born in Frankfurt, Germany, on June 12, 1929, was a celebrated diarist and one of the most discussed Jewish victims of the Holocaust.
These through-provoking quotes by Anne Frank about life, humanity, and hope will encourage you to never lose hope and always be strong in life.
- “I can shake off everything as I write; my sorrows disappear, my courage is reborn.” – Anne Frank
- “Sympathy, love, fortune… We all have these qualities but still tend to not use them!” – Anne Frank
- “In the future I’m going to devote less time to sentimentality and more time to reality.” – Anne Frank
- “We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.” – Anne Frank
- “Where there’s hope, there’s life. It fills us with fresh courage and makes us strong again.” – Anne Frank
- “I must uphold my ideals, for perhaps the time will come when I shall be able to carry them out.” – Anne Frank
- “Boys will be boys. And even that wouldn’t matter if only we could prevent girls from being girls.” – Anne Frank
- “Men are held in great esteem in all parts of the world, so why shouldn’t women have their share?” – Anne Frank
- “The nicest part is being able to write down all my thoughts and feeling; otherwise, I might suffocate.” – Anne Frank
- “People can tell you to keep your mouth shut, but that doesn’t stop you from having your own opinion.” – Anne Frank
- “This is not the end. It is not even the beginning of the end. But it is, perhaps, the end of the beginning.” – Anne Frank
- “Whoever doesn’t know it must learn and find by experience that ‘a quiet conscience makes one strong!” – Anne Frank
- “People who have a religion should be glad, for not everyone has the gift of believing in heavenly things.” – Anne Frank
- “As long as this exists, this sunshine and this cloudless sky, and as long as I can enjoy it, how can I be sad?” – Anne Frank
- “There’s one golden rule to keep before you: laugh about everything and don’t bother yourself about the others!” – Anne Frank
- “A person can be lonely even if he is loved by many people, because he is still not the “One and Only” to anyone.” – Anne Frank
- “I simply can’t build my hopes on a foundation of confusion, misery and death… peace and tranquillity will return again.” – Anne Frank
- “Not being able to go outside upsets me more than I can say, and I’m terrified our hiding place will be discovered and that we’ll be shot.” – Anne Frank
- “The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!” – Anne Frank
Famous Quotes From Anne Frank
- “I’ve reached the point where I hardly care whether I live or die. The world will keep on turning without me, I can’t do anything to change events anyway.” – Anne Frank
- “I can’t imagine how anyone can say: ‘I’m weak’, and then remain so. After all, if you know it, why not fight against it, why not try to train your character?” – Anne Frank
- “The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quite alone with the heavens, nature and God.” – Anne Frank
- “If I just think of how we live here, I usually come to the conclusion that it is a paradise compared with how other Jews who are not in hiding must be living.” – Anne Frank
- “I hope I will be able to confide everything to you, as I have never been able to confide in anyone, and I hope you will be a great source of comfort and support.” – Anne Frank
- “Riches, prestige, everything can be lost. But the happiness in your heart can only be dimmed; it will always be there as long as you live, to make you happy again.” – Anne Frank
- “Some boys take beautiful girl, and hide her away from the rest of the world. I want to be the one to walk in the sun. Oh girls they want to have fun, oh girls just want to have.” – Anne Frank
- “Go outside… amidst the simple beauty of nature… and know that as long as places like this exist, there will be comfort for every sorrow, whatever the circumstances may be.” – Anne Frank
- “Anyhow, I’ve learned one thing now. You only really get to know people when you’ve had a jolly good row with them. Then and only then can you judge their true characters!” – Anne Frank
- “There’s only one rule you need to remember: laugh at everything and forget everybody else! It sound egotistical, but it’s actually the only cure for those suffering from self-pity.” – Anne Frank
- “I think it’s odd that grown-ups quarrel so easily and so often and about such petty matters. Up to now I always thought bickering was just something children did and that they outgrew it.” – Anne Frank
- “I regard our hiding as a dangerous adventure, romantic and interesting at the same time. In my diary I treat all the privations as amusing. I have made up my mind now to lead a different life from other girls.” – Anne Frank
- “It’s really a wonder that I haven’t dropped all my ideals, because they seem so absurd and impossible to carry out. Yet I keep them, because in spite of everything, I still believe that people are really good at heart.” – Anne Frank
- “I sometimes wonder if anyone will ever understand what I mean, if anyone will ever overlook my ingratitude and not worry about whether or not I’m Jewish and merely see me as a teenager badly in need of some good, plain fun.” – Anne Frank
- “I see the world gradually being turned into a wilderness. I hear the ever-approaching thunder, which will destroy us too. I can feel the sufferings of millions and yet, if I look up into the heavens, I think that it will all come right.” – Anne Frank
- “How true Daddy’s words were when he said: all children must look after their own upbringing. Parents can only give good advice or put them on the right paths, but the final forming of a person’s character lies in their own hands.” – Anne Frank
Famous Anne Frank Diary Quotes
These powerful quotes are from The Diary of a Young Girl, also known as The Diary of Anne Frank, a book of the writings from the diary written by Anne Frank while she was hiding with her family for two years during the Nazi occupation of the Netherlands.
- “As long as you’re in the food business, why not make sweets?” – Anne Frank, Diary of a Young Girl
- “Look at how a single candle can both defy and define the darkness.” – Anne Frank, Diary of a Young Girl
- “What is done cannot be undone, but one can prevent it happening again.” – Anne Frank, Diary of a Young Girl
- “We all live with the objective of being happy; our lives are all different and yet the same.” – Anne Frank, Diary of a Young Girl
- “Our lives are fashioned by our choices. First we make our choices. Then our choices make us.” – Anne Frank, Diary of a Young Girl
- “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank, Diary of a Young Girl
- “This week I’ve been reading a lot and doing little work. That’s the way things ought to be. That’s surely the road to success.” – Anne Frank, Diary of a Young Girl
- “Would anyone, either Jew or non-Jew, understand this about me, that I am simply a young girl badly in need of some rollicking fun?” – Anne Frank, Diary of a Young Girl
- “Whenever I go upstairs, It’s always so I can see “him”. Now that I have something to look forward to, my life here has improved greatly.” – Anne Frank, Diary of a Young Girl
- “If we bear all this suffering and if there are still Jews left, when it is over, then Jews, instead of being doomed, will be held up as an example.” – Anne Frank, Diary of a Young Girl
- “I don’t want to have lived in vain like most people. I want to be useful or bring enjoyment to all people, even those I’ve never met. I want to go on living even after my death!” – Anne Frank, Diary of a Young Girl
- “Everyone has inside of him a piece of good news. The good news is that you don’t know how great you can be! How much you can love! What you can accomplish! And what your potential is!” – Anne Frank, Diary of a Young Girl
- “I know what I want, I have a goal, an opinion, I have a religion and love. Let me be myself and then I am satisfied. I know that I’m a woman, a woman with inward strength and plenty of courage.” – Anne Frank, Diary of a Young Girl
- “I’ve found that there is always some beauty left – in nature, sunshine, freedom, in yourself; these can all help you. Look at these things, then you find yourself again, and God, and then you regain your balance.” – Anne Frank, Diary of a Young Girl
- “We aren’t allowed to have any opinions. People can tell you to keep your mouth shut, but it doesn’t stop you having your own opinion. Even if people are still very young, they shouldn’t be prevented from saying what they think.” – Anne Frank, Diary of a Young Girl
More About Anne Frank’s Life
In 1940, after Germany gained control over the Netherlands, Anne and her family were trapped in the country, so they decided to hide in a secret annex of an old warehouse where Anne’s father, Otto Frank, worked, to flee Nazi persecution of Jews.
In 1934, when the Nazi party invaded Germany, Anne with her family moved to Amsterdam. She spent most of her life in or around Amsterdam.
During the two years of hiding, Anne kept writing in her diary about the experiences she and her family faced while hiding, she wrote about hope while being in continuous fear of being arrested.
Why was Anne Frank Famous?
In 1944, the Franks were found and sent to Auschwitz’s death camp. Later, Anne and her sister, Margot, were transferred to the Bergen-Belsen concentration camp, where she died at the age of sixteen.
Anne Frank relatively lived a short life but served as an inspirational figure for people all over the world. Anne Frank’s diary is famous throughout the world and has been read by millions.
Anne’s father, Otto Frank was the only survivor of the Frank family, who returned to Amsterdam after the war, where he found his daughter’s diary and published it as The Diary of a Young Girl in 1947.
Even after ending her life in a Nazi camp, her story continues to inspire and fascinate people around the world.
Which Anne Frank quotes are your favorite?
These amazing Anne Frank Quotes will inspire you to be hopeful for the future and will uplift your spirits.
Which of these thought-provoking quotes by Anne Frank resonated with you best? Do you have any other inspirational quotes to add? Tell us in the comment section below.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom and share your feelings in words.