Top 90 Maria Felix Quotes From The Mexican Diva
Looking for some popular quotes by Maria Felix? We have rounded up the best collection of Maria Felix quotes, sayings, messages, captions, status, texts, and song lyrics, (with images and pictures) about women, beauty, power, and more.
María de los Ángeles Félix Güereña was a Mexican actress and singer. Along with Pedro Armendáriz and Dolores del Río, she was one of the most successful figures of Latin American cinema in the 1940s and 1950s.
Ms. Félix made 47 films during her extraordinary film career that began with overnight stardom in the early 1940’s and raged on for three decades.
During the entire period, she reigned as the supreme goddess of Spanish-language cinema.
The Mexican actor is widely considered “the most beautiful face in the history of Mexican cinema”.
Also See: Miss Congeniality Quotes
She was one of 16 children (twelve of whom survived), but had only one child herself, a son who predeceased her.
She died on her 88th birthday, 8th April 2002.
She is considered Mexico’s greatest screen diva for three reasons: she never played supporting roles, she preferred the film to television, and she always took great care of her beauty.
Her most recognizable role was in the 1943 film Doña Bárbara as the title character, which led her to be known simply as “La Doña.”
The iconic Mexican movie star’s beauty inspired famous artists, but her independence and toughness made her legendary and an inspirational figure.
Top 10 Maria Felix Quotes
- “It’s okay to be an original.” – Maria Felix
- “Don’t be afraid to move on.” – Maria Felix
- “Be yourself. You deserve it.” – Maria Felix
- “Better to cause envy than pity.” – Maria Felix
- “People with no ambition never get out of the hole.” – Maria Felix
- “Don’t be afraid to let people know you’re a badass.” – Maria Felix
- “Nobody impresses me with a price, but with the results.” – Maria Felix
- “My enemies are many and bad; my friends are few and good.” – Maria Felix
- “Money doesn’t give you happiness, but it does help calm one’s nerves.” – Maria Felix
- “I have been too busy living my life, that I have not had time to count,” when asked about her age.” – Maria Felix
Maria Felix Famous Quotes To Inspire You
- “A mirror never lies.” – Maria Felix
- “My job has been to be attractive.” – Maria Felix
- “Nobody seduces me. I seduce them.” – Maria Felix
- “I’ve always had a beautiful man’s voice.” – Maria Felix
- “Fight for a man? Why? There are too many!” – Maria Felix
- “Try to go over me, and you will know who I am.” – Maria Felix
- “With the lights off, the voice is what touches you.” – Maria Felix
- “If the one who criticizes you is ugly… It doesn’t count!” – Maria Felix
- “If all the men were as ugly as you, I would be a lesbian.” – Maria Felix
- “I only have a bad memory of you and a great residence.” – Maria Felix
- “Money is not happiness, but it’s better to cry in a Ferrari.” – Maria Felix
- “I have never loved someone as much as they have loved me.” – Maria Felix
- “Whoever has not suffered from love doesn’t know how to love.” – Maria Felix
- “To think about existence doesn’t make what doesn’t exist, exist.” – Maria Felix
- “I’m more of a bitch than a pretty one. And look, I’m very pretty.” – Maria Felix
- “You don’t investigate an actress. You invent something about them.” – Maria Felix
- “Since the beginning of time, men have taken the best part of the cake.” – Maria Felix
- “If he left and then he comes back, it’s that nobody wanted the beggar dog.” – Maria Felix
- “Success can be reached by many people. Celebrity touches you and is with you forever.” – Maria Felix
- “Flowers are a bad business, they last for a day and you need to thank them for a month.” – María Félix
- “I am not nostalgic, and I don’t like to think about the past, but I have unbearable memory.” – Maria Felix
- “A man must be mourned for three days… And in the room, you put on new heels and clothes.” – Maria Felix
- “Leave the dead in peace, the ones inside can’t get out and the ones that are out don’t want to go in.” – Maria Felix
- “Obviously I have a soul, just because someone as blind as you can’t see it, doesn’t mean I don’t have one.” –Maria Felix
- “If I thought all day about everything that has been said about since I could reason, I would be unhappy.” – Maria Felix
- “A guy said to me, you can’t live without me. I said, “Please… nor that you were the best thing in the world and I deserved so little.” – Maria Felix
- “The stars of today don’t have the star power and actresses of today are disposable, models that don’t even know how to speak.” – Maria Felix
- “Money only impresses a vague woman, when a woman is hardworking and has her thing, a man by her side is not synonymous of improvement.” – Maria Felix
- “People console themselves thinking that if are not doing well here, they will have a good time in paradise. I would like for people to enjoy life, just in case there isn’t another.” – Maria Felix
- “My selfishness has consisted in rejecting movies, friendships, marriage proposals that weren’t in my best interest. That is why we need to have cold blood take over our feelings.” – Maria Felix
Best Maria Felix Quotes On Women, Beauty & Power
- “Stupidity is contagious.” – Maria Felix
- “There’s a warrior in you.” – Maria Felix
- “I am a woman with a heart of a man.” – Maria Felix
- “An ex is not worth more than a few days of tears.” – Maria Felix
- “I am not used to lying, not even to defend myself.” – Maria Felix
- “I don’t like help, when I ask for it, you can help me.” – Maria Felix
- “Don’t give me advice, I can make my own mistakes.” – Maria Felix
- “Beauty gives you everything, but it is not everything.” – Maria Felix
- “Don’t think I’m the Queen Bee… I am the Queen Bee.” – Maria Felix
- “An intelligent woman doesn’t get sad, she gets pretty.” – Maria Felix
- “Getting married so a man can buy me stockings is horrible.” – Maria Felix
- “If you hang with fools, you will be saying foolish things later.” – Maria Felix
- “You don’t need to be perfect as long as you don’t make any mistakes.” – Maria Felix
- “If someone is young inside, that naturally reflects in the exterior beauty.” – Maria Felix
- “I might be one more woman in your life, but you are one less man in mine.” – Maria Felix
- “Women have a place in life, and when they try to act like men, they look fatal.” – Maria Felix
- “Women will never be like men, even though some men have a women’s heart.” – Maria Felix
- “A woman should look down just for one reason: to see how cute her heels look.” – Maria Felix
- “Diva is something invented, but I was not fabricated, life made me and made me very well.” – Maria Felix
- “A woman is very complicated and difficult; it is a labyrinth where anybody can get lost easily.” – Maria Felix
- “The only job that I’ve had had in life has been to learn because I started without knowing anything.” – Maria Felix
- “With so many interests in life, I never get bored. That is my beauty secret, the curiosity and the joy for life.” – Maria Felix
- “An original woman is not someone that doesn’t imitate someone, but the one that nobody can imitate.” – Maria Felix
- “Some friends told me that pearls make people cry. The only pearls that have made me cry are false pearls.” – Maria Felix
- “Beauty is a concept forged by everyone else. They value you or disregard you. They protect you or destroy you.” – Maria Felix
- “The most serious mistake for many women is opening a man’s heart when they’re alone and not when they’re ready.” – Maria Felix
- “I’ve got one message for the women of my country and of the world, I wish they loved themselves like I love myself.” – Maria Felix
- “If you are just as hated as admired, you are beautiful, get used to it; there are some that are only hated and they die to be admired.” – Maria Felix
- “Hair to women is a medium to express ourselves, it’s not true that with black hair women show their arrogance and disdain.” – Maria Felix
- “The best way to love someone is to accept them how they are, that is what I do with Antoine, it’s not easy, but to only love idiots is easy.” – Maria Felix
Inspirational Maria Felix Quotes
- “The dirt is very close to the poor.” – Maria Felix
- “Others have seen less and paid more.” – Maria Felix
- “What do you want me to do? I can’t be ugly.” – Maria Felix
- “I have an infinite admiration for intelligent men.” – Maria Felix
- “I don’t have a voice to sing, but I have a good style.” – Maria Felix
- “The most important word in the dictionary is ‘love.’” – Maria Felix
- “It is fundamental to learn the power of imagination.” – Maria Felix
- “A ring can’t buy my kisses. I give them when I want.” – Maria Felix
- “In life, I believe that success is inferior to a celebrity.” – Maria Felix
- “Everyone wants to know about me, even my enemies.” – Maria Felix
- “It’s not enough to be pretty. You need to know how to be pretty.” – Maria Felix
- “I don’t scream. What happens is that I have the important voice.” – Maria Felix
- “I always have a book close by because reading is the mental gym.” – Maria Felix
- “I think that he knew he was sick, and he wanted to have a great year.” – Maria Felix
- “They say that men should have initiative, but in my life, I’ve taken it.” – Maria Felix
- “I have never gotten drunk because it looks like I am drunk all the time.” – Maria Felix
- “A bed is a divine piece of furniture where people can’t hide who they are.” – Maria Felix
- “Women don’t know how to drive cars because they are made to drive men.” – Maria Felix
- “Stupid people are not the problem, but stupid people that also have initiative.” – Maria Felix
- “I have never judged lesbians and gays. What they do from the waist down, it’s their business, not mine.” – Maria Felix
- “Don’t feel bad if someone rejects you, normal people reject the expensive because they can’t afford it.” – Maria Felix
- “I’ve been very much abused, mistreated, thrown from the stairs, pinched, everything, but in the movies.” – Maria Felix
- “Talking about myself is difficult. To talk about myself is severe because I am better than what I appear to be.” – Maria Felix
- “My great satisfaction is to have done everything that I wanted and made them happen, not just in dreams.” – Maria Felix
- “Women like to kiss like men, do business like men, and to be treated like men, but I don’t think they are correct.” – Maria Felix
- “From a man, I expect flattery, promises, declarations of love. What I don’t expect is for them to shine at my expense.” – Maria Felix
- “Within my battles, I don’t mention success because that didn’t cost me anything, although I have fought to not believe it.” – Maria Felix
- “Sometimes I’d like to be a submissive, selfless person, but I remember becoming a bitch in self-defense and I get over it.” – Maria Felix
- “I can have my desires and capriciousness without affecting anybody, but the desires of a President can ruin a whole country.” – Maria Felix
- “All of us should sweep and clean the same way we clean the city. We should clean ourselves because we are very filthy lately.” – Maria Felix
More About The Iconic Actress Maria Felix
Born: 8 April 1914, Álamos, Mexico
Died: 8 April 2002, Mexico City, Mexico
Spouse: Alex Berger (m. 1956–1974), MORE
Siblings: Pablo Felix, Ana María del Sacramento Felix, MORE
Children: Enrique Álvarez Félix
Height: 1.75 m
Best Movies: The White Monk (1945), The Kneeling Goddess (1947), Just Any Woman (1950), Reportaje (1953) and Beyond All Limits (1957) among various others.
Interesting Facts About Maria Felix
The best-known actress of the Golden Age of Mexican Cinema and one of the most beautiful women of her time, María Félix’s personal life was even more interesting than that of the characters that she played on the silver screen.
- She was a jewellery connoisseur and a collector of fine antiques.
- Taught herself French to be able to act in French movies.
- After her third marriage, she bred race horses in Paris.
- Since the mid-80s she lived with French painter Antoine Tzapoff.
- She married four times in her lifetime. First she was married to Enrique Alvarez with whom she had one child. She then married Agustín Lara. She then married Jorge Negrete in 1952 and was married to her till his death in 1953. She then married Alex Berger in 1956 and was married to him till his death in 1974.
- She died on 08-04-2002 in Mexico City, Mexico at the age of 87 due to Cardiovascular disease.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp and more.