Looking for famous lines from the favorite movie Miss Congeniality? We have rounded up the best collection of Miss Congeniality movie quotes, dialogues, funny lines, captions, status, (with images and pictures) which you will love to read.
Miss Congeniality is a 2000 American comedy film directed by Donald Petrie, written by Marc Lawrence, Katie Ford, and Caryn Lucas, and starring Sandra Bullock, Michael Caine,
The film revolves around a FBI asks tomboy agent Gracie Hart played by Sandra Bullock to go undercover as a contestant when a terrorist threatens to bomb the Miss United States pageant.
The twist and humor lies in the fact that the Undercover F.B.I. Agent Gracie Hart shows no signs of having any femininity in her demeanor or appearance.
Also See: Yellowstone Show Quotes
The famous beauty pageant coach Victor Melling (Michael Caine), whose reputation was ruined after his last contestant criticized his methods, teaches the tomboyish Gracie how to dress, walk, and act like a contestant.
In the pageant’s final round, Gracie surprises everyone, including herself, by being named first runner-up, while Cheryl is crowned as Miss United States.
“Miss Congeniality” is the title awarded to the queens who are regarded as the kindest, most helpful ones to others. Hence the main plot of the movie is around Sandra Bullock and how she wins the “Miss Congeniality” title.
These funny quotes from the movie are divided in these sections;
- Miss Congeniality Quotes
- Best Gracie Hart Quotes From The Movie Miss Congeniality
- Funny Miss Congeniality Quotes And Lines
- Famous Miss Congeniality 2 Quotes
The iconic “Miss Congeniality perfect date lines” from the movie is most popular amongst the fans. Fans of Miss Congeniality have created an unofficial holiday around the interview scene and 25th April.
Miss Congeniality Quotes
- “Smilers wear a crown, losers wear a frown.” – Victor Melling
- “I haven’t seen a walk like that since ‘Jurassic Park’.” – Victor Melling
- “You will wear the crown, be the crown! You are the crown!” – Victor Melling
- “That’s a tough one. I would have to say April 25th. Because it’s not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.” – Cheryl, Miss Rhode Island
- In a way, America’s like a big ship. And when we all work together and respect each other, that’s when the ship gets safely home.” – Cheryl, Miss Rhode Island
- “Victor Melling: Your hair should make a statement. Gracie Hart: As long as it doesn’t say ‘Thank you very much for the Country Music Award!'” – ‘Miss Congeniality’
- “I’ve never been prouder. Or, of any girls that I have coached, you are truly unique. If I ever had a daughter, I’d imagine that she would be something like you.” – Victor Melling
- “Eric Matthews: We were just looking for someone to go undercover at the Miss United States Pageant, sir. McDonald: And I’m the best we got. That doesn’t inspire much confidence.” – ‘Miss Congeniality‘
- “Stan Fields: What is the one most important thing our society needs? Gracie Hart: That would be… harsher punishment for parole violators… And world peace! Stan Fields: Isn’t she lovely?” – ‘Miss Congeniality’
- Stan Fields: Miss Rhode Island, please describe your idea of a perfect date. Cheryl “Rhode Island“: That’s a tough one. I’d have to say April 25th. Because it’s not too hot, not too cold, all you need is a light jacket.
Best Gracie Hart Quotes From The Iconic Movie Miss Congeniality
Sandra Bullock dazzled her fans when she starred as FBI Special Agent Grace Hart in the film. The film became a hit sensation full of empowering sassy female moments tied together with humor and comedy.
Gracie enters the pageant as “Gracie Lou Freebush”, representing New Jersey, and becomes friends with Cheryl Frasier, who is Miss Rhode Island.
As the competition begins, Gracie impresses the judges during the talent competition with her glass harp skills and self-defense techniques.
- “Hey! I’m gliding here!” – Gracie Hart
- “I would so love to hurt you right now.” – Gracie Hart
- “Why don’t you stun-gun yourself?” – Gracie Hart
- “You think I’m gorgeous…You want to hug me… ” – Gracie Hart
- “I’m glad you enjoyed it. Now if you’ll excuse me, I have to go unscrew my smile!” – Gracie Hart
- “And if anyone tries to hurt one of my new friends, I would take them out. I would make them suffer… And if they ran, I would hunt them down. Thank you, Kathy.” – Gracie Hart
- “Cause I’m not gonna parade around in a bathing suit… by the name… Gracie Lou Freebush and all she wants is world peace?” – Gracie Hart
- “I am in a dress, I have gel in my hair, I haven’t slept all night, I’m starved, and I’m armed! Don’t mess with me!” – Gracie Hart
- “Good evening, I know the program says I’m supposed to play the water glasses for you, but some of the girls got dehydrated.” – Gracie Hart
- “I came here and I realized that these women are smart, terrific people who are trying to make a difference in the world… we’ve become really good friends… this experience has been one of the most rewarding and liberating experiences of my life.” – Gracie Hart
Funny Miss Congeniality Quotes And Lines
- “Gracie Hart: In Hawaii don’t they use aloha for hello and goodbye? Miss Hawaii: Yeah, so?
- “Victor Melling: Why is New Jersey called ‘The Garden State’? Gracie Hart: Because ‘Oil and Petrochemical Refinery State’ wouldn’t fit on a license plate?” – ‘Miss Congeniality’
- “Kathy Morningside: You think you saved something tonight, but all you did was to destroy the dream of young women all over this country. Gracie Hart: What? You think that their dream is to get blown up?” – ‘Miss Congeniality’
- “One time, I stole red underwear from the department store. My mother wouldn’t buy them for me, she said they were Satan’s p.” Cheryl “Rhode Island”
- “Sorry, what was the question? I…I was distracted by the half masticated cow, rolling around in your wide open trap.”- Victor Melling
- I knew I’d never get you here, unless you had the chance to shoot someone. – Victor Melling
- Frank Tobin: You’re a genius. Kathy Morningside: No, Frank, I’m just pissed off.
Famous Miss Congeniality 2 Quotes
- I don’t cry! I don’t even have tear ducts.” – Gracie Hart (‘Miss Congeniality 2’)
- “People only care about people who care about themselves.” – Gracie Hart (‘Miss Congeniality 2’)
- Wake up and smell the iced vente decaf caramel macchiato! – Gracie Hart (‘Miss Congeniality 2’)
- “Sam Fuller: Well, like it or not, that plane is not taking off unless we’re both on it. Gracie Hart: You might consider a tic-tac.” – ‘Miss Congeniality 2’
- Gracie Hart : I just don’t see why I couldn’t be Tina. Sam Fuller : You don’t see that? – ‘Miss Congeniality 2’
- Tobin: Whatever happened to World Peace? Gracie Hart : It comes and goes! – (‘Miss Congeniality 2’)
- “We can all learn from our older generations. I remember I learned a lot from my grandmother…” – Cheryl Frasier (‘Miss Congeniality 2’)
- “I am not going out there as a woman pretending to be a man pretending to be Tina Turner. I can’t afford therapy on my salary.” – Sam Fuller (‘Miss Congeniality 2’)
Miss Congeniality Movie Facts & Trivia
- Miss Congeniality was released by Warner Bros. Pictures on December 22, 2000, and was a box-office hit, grossing $212 million worldwide.
- Bullock also garnered a Golden Globe Award for Best Actress – Motion Picture Comedy or Musical nomination.
- A sequel to the movie, Miss Congeniality 2: Armed and Fabulous, was released on March 24, 2005.
- Cheryl’s (Miss Rhode Island’s) answer to the question, “What is your idea of a perfect date?”, was actually used as an answer in a real-life beauty pageant.
- Sandra Bullock and Benjamin Bratt did all of their own fighting throughout the movie. Stunt doubles were brought in, but only to make sure they were using proper form. At one point, Bullock accidentally injured Bratt when she had to kick him in the calves after he said, “Yes, you have to wear the bathing suit.”
- The movie’s theme song for the Miss United States Pageant was written by screenwriter Marc Lawrence and his seven-year-old son, Clyde Lawrence. Marc wrote the lyrics, and Clyde wrote the music.
- The film was the fifth highest-grossing film in North America on its opening weekend, making US$13.9 million. It had a 5% increase in earnings the following week—enough to make the film reach #3. Overall it was a box office hit, grossing more than $106 million in the United States, and more than $212 million worldwide.
Miss Congeniality Cast
- Sandra Bullock as FBI Special Agent Gracie Hart
- Mary Ashleigh Green as Young Gracie
- Michael Caine as Victor Melling
- Benjamin Bratt as FBI Agent Eric Matthews
- Candice Bergen as Kathy Morningside
- William Shatner as Stanley Fields
- Heather Burns as Cheryl Frasier (Miss Rhode Island)
- Ernie Hudson as FBI Assistant Director Harry McDonald
- John DiResta as Agent Clonsky
More Quotes From Movies
Let us know which is your favorite quotes and dialogues from the list of Gracie Hart quotes, Sandra Bullock ‘Miss Congeniality quotes, Heather Burns quotes, Eric Matthews quotes, and Cheryl Fraiser quotes.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp and more.