90 Persistence Quotes To Inspire You To Be Determined
Read the best collection of persistence quotes, sayings, and captions (with images and pictures) to inspire you to push through obstacles with determination & perseverance.
Persistence is the quality of continuing to pursue a goal or objective despite setbacks, obstacles, or challenges.
It is the ability to persevere through adversity and to keep working towards a desired outcome, even when progress is slow or difficult.
It is an essential trait for achieving success in any area of life, whether it is personal or professional, creative or athletic.
Throughout history, many great thinkers, leaders, and artists have emphasized the importance of persistence for work, students, and life.
Their motivational quotes offer valuable insights into the nature of this quality and can inspire us to cultivate our own persistence and consistency in pursuit of our goals.
From inventors like Thomas Edison and Alexander Graham Bell to Calvin Coolidge to writers like Maya Angelou and J.K. Rowling, persistence has been recognized as a key ingredient for achieving greatness.
Also, check our posts on ambition quotes and dream big quotes to inspire you to dream big and achieve your goals.
Top 10 Persistence Quotes For Success
- “Possible lies in persistence.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “You just can’t beat the person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
- “Persistence can change failure into extraordinary achievement.” – Marv Levy
- “The key of persistence opens all doors closed by resistance.” – John Di Lemme
- “Ambition is the path to success. Persistence is the vehicle you arrive in.” – Bill Bradley
- “Slight persistent effort can move you successfully forward in anything you do.” – Kelli Wilson
- “Success is stumbling from failure to failure with no loss of enthusiasm.” – Winston S. Churchill
- “Patience, persistence, and perspiration make an unbeatable combination for success.” – Napoleon Hill
- “When the going gets tough, put one foot in front of the other and just keep going. Don’t give up.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “A little more persistence, a little more effort, and what seemed hopeless failure may turn to glorious success.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Nothing in this world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent.” ― Calvin Coolidge
Famous Quotes About Persistence
Quotes about persistence emphasize the importance of determination, strong willpower, courage, and discipline, as these are the qualities that enable individuals to overcome obstacles and achieve their dreams.
It is the fuel that ignites passion, perseverance, and resilience, making it possible for people to accomplish their aspirations.
- “Persistence is contagious.” – Toba Beta
- “Talent is nothing without persistence.” – Dean Crawford
- “The art of love is largely the art of persistence.” – Albert Ellis
- “The habit of persistence is the habit of victory.” – Herbert Kaufman
- “Persistence is the key to solving most mysteries.” – Christopher Pike
- “As long as there’s breath in You – PERSIST!” – Bernard Kelvin Clive
- “Character consists of what you do on the third and fourth tries.” – James A. Michener
- “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this, you haven’t.” – Thomas Edison
- “Brick walls are not there to keep us out, they are there to show us how much we want something.” – Randy Pausch
- “Persistence overshadows even talent as the most valuable resource shaping the quality of life.” – Tony Robbins
- “Persistence is the twin sister of excellence. One is a matter of quality; the other, a matter of time.” – Marabel Morgan
- “Knowing trees, I understand the meaning of patience. Knowing grass, I can appreciate persistence.” – Hal Borland
- “Stability is a part of working to improve yourself by focusing on the positive and remaining persistent.” – Ari Gunzburg
- “To persist with a goal, you must treasure the dream more than the costs of sacrifice to attain it.” – Richelle E. Goodrich
- “For every obstacle, there is a solution. Persistence is the key. The greatest mistake is giving up!” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “Successful people aren’t born successful. Behind it all there is hard work, persistence and a lot of grit.” – Arshad Wahedna
- “Many of life’s failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up.” – Thomas A. Edison
- “The three great essentials to achieve anything worthwhile are, first, hard work; second, stick-to-itiveness; third, common sense.” – Thomas A. Edison
- “Persist. Even when you’re heavy with emotion, pick yourself up, bringing the axe of your actions down, repeatedly chopping at the day until you bring the sun low with success.” – Curtis Tyrone Jones
- “The most useful form of patience is persistence. Patience implies waiting for things to improve on their own. Persistence implies keeping your head down and continuing to work when things take longer than you expect.” – James Clear
Best Quotes On Persistence To Be Consistent
- “Persistence gets you farther than brilliance.” – Robin Sharma
- “Energy and persistence conquer all things.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “No great achievement is possible without persistent work.” – Bertrand Russell
- “To follow, without halt, one aim: There’s the secret of success.” – Anna Pavlova
- “We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.” – Aristotle
- “It’s not that I’m so smart, it’s just that I stay with problems longer.” – Albert Einstein
- “Sometimes you have to go through hell to create your own paradise.” – Tirzah Z.B. Libert
- “The Fifth Law: With persistence, success can come at any time.” – Albert-László Barabási
- “Do it badly; do it slowly; do it fearfully; do it any way you have to, but do it.” – Steve Chandler
- “Never give up, for that is just the place and time that the tide will turn.” – Harriet Beecher Stowe
- “What is often called exceptional ability is nothing more than persistent endeavor.” – Pauli Murray
- “A river cuts through rock, not because of its power, but because of its persistence.” – James N. Watkins
- “Sometimes you have to swim through a bit of darkness if you’re ever going to surface in the light.” – Sara Ella
- “If water makes a hole in rock, with a single steady drop, then we can move worlds with persistence.” – Ari Gunzburg
- “Some of my greatest motivation, determination, and dogged persistence came when I had an enemy to fight.” – Darren Hardy
- “Persistence and consistency are like nail and finger. Always point forward even when the hand/arm is tired.” – Goitsemang Mvula
- “Make a decision to keep pressing forward. Keep believing and keep stretching until you see your dream fulfilled.” – Joel Osteen
- “The one who falls and gets up is stronger than the one who never tried. Do not fear failure but rather fear not trying.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Persistence, persistence, and persistence. The Power can be created and maintained through daily practice – continuous effort.” – Bruce Lee
- “First, forget inspiration. Habit is more dependable. Habit will sustain you whether you’re inspired or not. Habit will help you finish and polish your stories. Inspiration won’t. Habit is persistence in practice.” – Octavia Butler
Be Persistent Quotes About Determination
- “If you are going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
- “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billy Jean King
- “Be mindful of being present. Be present. Be persistent.” – Unknown
- “Persistence and determination are always rewarded.” – Christine Rice
- “Never confuse a single defeat with a final defeat.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Positivity, confidence, and persistence are key in life, so never give up on yourself.” – Khalid
- “Our greatest glory is not in never failing, but in rising up every time we fail.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Persistence is nothing more than concentrated effort mixed with determination and faith.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Persistence is what makes the impossible possible, the possible likely, and the likely definite.” – Robert Half
- “Success is the result of perfection, hard work, learning from failure, loyalty, and persistence.” – Colin Powell
- “The hustle brings the dollar. The experience brings knowledge. Persistence brings success.” – Ross Simmonds
- “When I thought I couldn’t go on, I forced myself to keep going. My success is based on persistence, not luck.” – Estee Lauder
- “The real glory is being knocked to your knees and then coming back. That’s real glory. That’s the essence of it.” – Vince Lombardi
- “The difference between the difficult and the impossible is that the impossible takes a little longer time.” – Lady Aberdeen Learn
- “I will persist until I succeed. I will always take another step. If that is of no avail I will take another, and yet another.” – Og Mandino
- “The majority of men meet with failure because of their lack of persistence in creating new plans to take the place of those which fail.” – Napoleon Hill
- “If you can’t fly, then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do, you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Success in any area of life does not come easily, nor does it come overnight. It is an ongoing process that requires persistence, humility, and determination.” – Tirzah Libert
- “Permanence, perseverance, and persistence in spite of all obstacles, discouragements, and impossibilities: it is this, that in all things distinguishes the strong soul from the weak.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “Making your mark on the world is hard. If it were easy, everybody would do it. But it’s not. It takes patience, it takes commitment, and it comes with plenty of failure along the way.” – Barack Obama
Powerful Persistence Quotes To Inspire You
- “If I persist long enough I will win.” – Og Mandino
- “Make the second effort your second nature.” – Harvey Mackay
- “Losing is only permanent if you stop trying.” – Marieke Nijkamp
- “A kite can’t soar without some kind of force against it.” – Dakota Kirk
- “Just keep going. Everybody gets better if they keep at it.” – Ted Williams
- “We are made to persist. That’s how we find out who we are.” – Tobias Wolff
- “Patience, persistence, and perseverance will take you anywhere.” – Unknown
- “Success is not the absence of failure; it’s the persistence through failure.” – Aisha Tyler
- “Persistence is the quality of winners. Successful people never, never give up.” – Lynda Field
- “Push yourself again and again. Don’t give an inch until the final buzzer sounds.” – Larry Bird
- “If you fall behind, run faster. Never give up, never surrender, and rise up against the odds.” – Jesse Jackson
- “No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear.” – Greg Kincaid
- “Only the strong appreciate the warmth emanating from those who can turn obstacles into fuel.” – Garry Fitchett
- “We should walk through the valley of the shadow of death, not just pitch a tent and camp there.” – Stan Gardner, M.D.
- “Every setback might be the very thing that makes you carry on and fight all the harder and become much better.” – Les Paul
- “The key to success is consistency. and right now, the only way for you to actually take action is to believe in yourself.” – Zak Frazer
- “Life is full of challenges, but I always have the Three Ps: Passion, patience and persistence. And the fourth one is pizza.” – Butch Hartman
- “Even the best inborn potentialities for achievement do not render unnecessary patient and persistent practice.” – Ralph Alfred Habas
- “Keep Going. Your hardest times often lead to the greatest moments of your life. Keep going. Tough situations build strong people in the end.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “Patience and persistence are the keys… The keys to unlock doors of success… With these two virtues, you grow in reasoning and experience.” – Ogwo David Emenike
Inspirational Quotes About Persistence
If you are encouraged by these persistent quotes, then do read endurance quotes to help you find the needed motivation to fulfill your dreams.
- “Persistence is key to success.” – Unknown
- “Of course, I struggle, I just don’t quit.” – Unknown
- “If you fell down yesterday, stand up today.” – H. G. Wells
- “Be wise and be persistent – rest will come.” – Abhijit Naskar
- “Persistence is the last key that unlocks potential.” – Unknown
- “It always seems impossible until it’s done.” – Nelson Mandela
- “Persistence is when determination exceeds doubt.” – Unknown
- “Winners never quit, and quitters never win.” – Vince Lombardi
- “Whoever knocks persistently, ends by entering.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Thankfully, persistence is a great substitute for talent.” – Steve Martin
- “It does not matter how slowly you go as long as you do not stop.” – Confucius
- “The secret of our success is that we never, never give up.” – Wilma Mankiller
- “Persistence guarantees that results are inevitable.” – Paramahansa Yogananda
- “Keep a little fire burning; however small, however hidden.” – Cormac McCarthy
- “We are not a failure just because we fail at something. Nobody is a failure unless they quit trying!” – Joyce Meyer
- “For great things do not done just happen by impulse but are a succession of small things linked together.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “Never set limits, go after your dreams, don’t be afraid to push the boundaries. And laugh a lot – it’s good for you!” – Paula Radcliffe
- “Character produces endurance and persistence when the going gets tough, and life truly is an endurance race, not a sprint.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Flaming enthusiasm, backed up by horse sense and persistence, is the quality that most frequently makes for success.” – Dale Carnegie
- “To challenge myself to great things is to patiently and persistently expend myself in enduring all of the little things that make up every great thing.” – Craig D. Lounsbrough
Whether we are pursuing a personal passion or striving for professional success, persistence is the quality that allows us to keep moving forward, even in the face of obstacles and setbacks.
These persistence quotes offer us valuable wisdom and inspiration to help us cultivate this essential quality and achieve our goals.
If you like these powerful quotes, you can also read our posts on keep pushing quotes and inspirational determination quotes for students to face all challenges and obstacles in life with a lot of strength and courage.
Feel free to share these uplifting quotes with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom about patience and enduring hard times to move toward your dreams.