35 Babe Ruth Quotes to Boost Your Confidence
Read the best collection of Babe Ruth quotes and sayings, packed with the wisdom and tenacity of one of baseball’s greatest legends, sure to inspire you.
Babe Ruth, born George Herman Ruth Jr., was more than a legendary baseball player; he was a symbol of American success and determination.
He was a pioneer in the world of sports and left a lasting legacy that still resonates today.
His words, like his accomplishments on the baseball field, inspire generations of athletes and fans alike.
Babe Ruth quotes continue to inspire and motivate those striving for success, not just in sports, but in any field.
They encapsulate the essence of his character – a man unafraid to take risks, chase his dreams, and live life on his own terms.
Top 10 Babe Ruth Quotes
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” ― Babe Ruth
- “Heroes get remembered, but legends never die.” ― Babe Ruth (The Sandlot)
- “Never let the fear of striking out get in your way.” ― Babe Ruth
- “Every strike brings me closer to the next home run.” ― Babe Ruth
- “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success.” ― Babe Ruth
- “Life is a game like any other; we just don’t take it as seriously.” ― Babe Ruth
- “Never let the fear of striking out keep you from playing the game.” ― Babe Ruth
- “Baseball was, is and always will be to me the best game in the world.” ― Babe Ruth
- “Don’t be afraid to take advice. There’s always something new to learn.” ― Babe Ruth
- “The way a team plays as a whole determines its success. You may have the greatest bunch of individual stars in the world, but if they don’t play together, the club won’t be worth a dime.” ― Babe Ruth
Best Quotes By Babe Ruth
- “Yesterday’s home runs don’t win today’s games.” ― Babe Ruth
- “Baseball changes through the years. It gets milder.” ― Babe Ruth
- “The only real game, I think, in the world is baseball.” ― Babe Ruth
- “A part of control is learning to correct your own weaknesses.” ― Babe Ruth
- “All ballplayers should quit when it starts to feel as if all the baselines run uphill.” ― Babe Ruth
- “I swing big, with everything I’ve got. I hit big or I miss big. I like to live as big as I can.” ― Babe Ruth
- “The first thing is to know your faults. And then take on a systematic plan of correcting them.” ― Babe Ruth
- “What I am, what I have, what I am going to leave behind me – all this I owe to the game of baseball.” ― Babe Ruth
- “Who is richer? The man who is seen, but cannot see? Or the man who is not being seen, but can see?” ― Babe Ruth
- “As soon as I got out there I felt a strange relationship with the pitcher’s mound. It was as if I’d been born out there. Pitching just felt like the most natural thing in the world. Striking out batters was easy.” ― Babe Ruth
Babe Ruth Quote
- “I’m only going one way.” ― Babe Ruth
- “Wealth is always attracted, never pursued.” ― Babe Ruth
- “Love the game of baseball and baseball will love you.” ― Babe Ruth
- “If you want to hit home runs, you’ve go to swing a lot.” ― Babe Ruth
- “I hear the cheers when they roared and the jeers when they echoed.” ― Babe Ruth
- “If I’d tried for them dinky singles I could’ve batted around six hundred.” ― Babe Ruth
- “If it wasn’t for baseball, I’d be in either the penitentiary or the cemetery.” ― Babe Ruth
- “I have only one superstition. I touch all the bases when I hit a home run.” ― Babe Ruth
- “Baseball is the greatest game in the world and deserves the best you can give it.” ― Babe Ruth
- “I’ve never heard a crowd boo a homer, but I’ve heard plenty of boos after a strikeout.” ― Babe Ruth
- “I won’t be happy until we have every boy in America between the ages of six and sixteen wearing a glove and swinging a bat.” ― Babe Ruth
- “You know the old saying about a chain only being as strong as its weakest link. The same can be said in the chain of skills a man forges.” ― Babe Ruth
- “Don’t ever forget two things I’m going to tell you. One, don’t believe everything that’s written about you. Two, don’t pick up too many checks.” ― Babe Ruth
- “Reading isn’t good for a ballplayer. Not good for his eyes. If my eyes went bad even a little bit I couldn’t hit home runs. So I gave up reading.” ― Babe Ruth
- “I copied (Shoeless Joe) Jackson’s style because I thought he was the greatest hitter I had ever seen, the greatest natural hitter I ever saw. He’s the guy who made me a hitter.” ― Babe Ruth
Whether providing a motivational boost, insights on sportsmanship, or reflections on life and its challenges, Babe Ruth’s quotes offer timeless wisdom.
So step up to the plate and explore the words of the man known as the “Sultan of Swat,” “The Bambino,” the one and only Babe Ruth.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, and Pinterest.