Looking for motivational quotes about being a champion? We have rounded up the best collection of champion quotes, sayings, captions, slogans, phrases, (with images and pictures) to inspire you to make the most out of life and fulfil your dream.
A champion is one who has defeated all opponents and odds to emerge as a winner. The term is often used for sportsmen, athletes, and players who have the specific qualities of character, mental discipline, and physical skills and hard work.
Also See: Winning Quotes
The mindset of a champions is flexible and is able to cope with setbacks and obstacles. They also have a strong will and fire within them to succeed and overcome any failures that come their way.
What Does It Take To Be A Champion
With the right mental strength and a true champion attitude, trying relentless to win without giving up is the only option.
And yes, a true champion is not afraid of setbacks, and hard work. Showing grit and endurance persistently is what makes them successful.
Also See: Victory Quotes
You can be a champ is any aspect of your life, be it sports, team work, fitness, or your daily life. Winning, being victorious and working towards the goal with laser-like focus is what separates a champion from others.
So if you these encouraging championship quotes, also check our collection of be brave quotes and be fearless quotes will inspire you to face your fears and combat it strongly in high-stakes situations.
Most Famous Champion Quotes
- “True champion wasn’t born but trained.” – Unknown
- “Never underestimate the heart of a champion.”
- “Once a champion, always a champion.” – Ferdinand Marcos
- “Champions all get kicked when they’re down.” – Apolo Ohno
- “Champions keep playing until they get it right.” – Billie Jean King
- “A champion is someone who gets up when he can’t.” – Jack Dempsey
- “A true champion will fight through anything.” – Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
- “A champion is someone who gets up, even when he can’t.” – Jack Dempsey
- “The champion uses the power of his pride to great advantage.” – D. DeVenzio
- “To be a champion you must act like one, act like a champion.” – Lou Ferrigno
- “A champion isn’t made of muscle; a champion is made of heart.” – Liang Chow
- “Every champion was once a contender who refused to give up.” – Rocky Balboa
- “True champions, like the sun, cannot be eclipsed for long.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “A champion is afraid of losing. Everyone else is afraid of winning.” – Billie Jean King
- “A true champion works hard and never loses sight of her dreams.” – Dot Richardson
- “Champions rarely talk. They just perform and the world around them talks.” – Unknown
- “True champions aren’t always the ones that win, but those with the most guts.” – Mia Hamm
- “To be a champion you have to believe in yourself when no one else will.” – Sugar Ray Robinson
- “To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If you’re not, pretend you are.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Champions have to have the skill and the will, and the will must be stronger than the skill.” – Muhammad Ali
- “I really think a champion is defined not by their wins but by how they can recover when they fall.” – Serena Williams
- “A champion is someone who has faith and dedication and doesn’t let obstacles stand in the way.” – Nicole Wilkinson
- “Champions don’t show up to get everything they want; they show up to give everything they have.” – Alexander den Heiner
- “Champions are treasures that are full of wisdom, encouragement, provision, love, guidance, and empathy.” – Love Otuechere
- “You become a champion by fighting one more round. When things are tough, you fight one more round.” – James J. Corbett
- “The vision of a champion is bent over, drenched in sweat, at the point of exhaustion, when nobody else is looking.” – Mia Hamm
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
- “If you think about it, there is absolutely no way possible to become a champion without having to gain victory through trial”.” – Sale K. Williams
- “The hard days are the best because that’s when champions are made, so if you push through, you can push through anything!” – Gabby Douglas
- “Champions are champions not because they do anything extraordinary but because they do the ordinary things better than anyone else.” – Chuck Noll
- “The average is only consumed with today, but the champion is obsessed with tomorrow before it arrives; therefore, he or she plans for it.” – Alex K. Mum
- “As we have seen, the importance of winning and losing can- not be overstated—because a champion does not become a champion without experiencing both.” – Kirk Mango
- “Great champions have an enormous sense of pride. The people who excel are those who are driven to show the world and prove to themselves just how good they are.” – Nancy Lopez
- “It’s very easy to come up with an excuse for why things won’t happen in life, but champions accept that there are many things they can’t control, and instead, they master what they can.” – David Becker
- “To be a champion you have to see the big picture. It’s not about winning and losing; it’s about every day hard work and about thriving on a challenge. It’s about embracing the pain that you’ll experience at the end of a race and not being afraid.”
Motivational Quotes About Being A Champion
Successful CEO’s and businessmen were never blessed with success. But they were born to be a champion with a winning attitude.
The Great Muhammad Ali, Vince Lombardi, Rocky Balboa, Steve-Jobs, and more extraordinary champs in their field have been successful on their own terms. Their experience and speeches are truly inspiring for hustlers who have a never give up attitude.
Also See: Preparation Quotes
When you have a winning mindset and champion attitude to are in a different league. So let these famous champion quotes from stories, speeches, interviews give you a perspective of winners.
Also check our collection of race quotes and success quotes to motivate you everyday to work hard and be successful.
- “Feedback becomes food for champions.” – Frans Knoben
- “True champions lift up others.” – Leyla Kristin Kamalick
- “A Champion thinks with the end in mind.” – Pernell Stoney
- “If the plan doesn’t work, change the plan but never the goal.”
- “Forget your opponents; always play against par.” – Sam Snead
- “True heroes are made of hard work and integrity.” – Hope Solo
- “Believe you can and you’re halfway there.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Failure is the condiment that gives success its flavor.” – Truman Capote
- “A champion needs a motivation above and beyond winning.” – Pat Riley
- “There have been great champions in every generation.” – Andy Roddick
- “The breakfast of champions is not cereal, it’s the opposition.” – Nick Seitz
- “Champions are propelled by desire, not compelled by fear.” – Denis Waitley
- “Champions are made by their passion and persistence.” – Agunloye Oyerinde
- “Everyone falls, the only difference is champions get up.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “We were designed to be champions, we were designed to conquer!” – Alex Osorio
- “It’s not whether you get knocked down, it’s whether you get up.” – Vince Lombardi
- “We knew that you don’t get to be world champions without a struggle.” – Eric Cantona
- “Champions, like seeds, only gain strength when you bury them.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Champions have different mentality they have a stronger self belief.” – Sandeep Kakkar
- “Champions are made in the dark before they are revealed in light.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “You should never stay at the same level. Always push yourself to the next.” – Marnelli Dimzon
- “You can’t put a limit on anything. The more you dream, the farther you get.” – Michael Phelps
- “If you are going to be a champion, you must be willing to pay a greater price.” – Bud Wilkinson
- “The heart of a champion beats within you, ready to begin setting a new pace.” – Kenneth Ulmer
- “If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it – then I can achieve it.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Good, better, best. Never let it rest. ‘Till your good is better and your better is best.” – St. Jerome
- “Like ants, when champions have enough, they store the excess for future needs.” – Alpha A. Timbo
- “Be very strong… be very methodical in your life if you want to be a champion.” – Alberto Juantorena
- “Amateurs quit when they are tired. Champions quit only when they have won.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “A champion is one who is remembered. A legend is one who is never forgotten.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “I can’t change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination.” – Jimmy Dean
- “The more difficult an obstacle becomes as a champion, you become stronger and train even harder.” – Ebonie Caldwell
- “A good fighter usually knows, to within a very few seconds, when a three-minute round is going to end.” – Jack Dempsey
- “If you want to play like a champion tomorrow, then you have to practice like a champion today.” – Jim Afremow
- “But all of us can acquire a champion’s mind-set. Any athlete can learn to think like a champion.” – Jim Afremow
- “What does it take to be a champion? Desire, dedication, determination, concentration and the will to win.” – Patty Berg
- “Misfortune happens to everyone. Champions just refuse to let it push them into doubtful, fearful thinking.” – Bob Rotella
- “The mark of a great player is in his ability to come back. The great champions have all come back from defeat.” – Sam Snead
- “Every champion has an idea to birth before they win. Every champion has a dream to live through.” – Odimbite Odimbite
- “A true champion is not judged by how much he or she is admired, but by how well they can stand at the face of adversity.”- John Cena
- “True champions are not arrogant, but exhibit a quiet confidence that demonstrates the belief they have in themselves.” – Canaan Mash
- “Champions realize that defeat – and learning from it even more than from winning – is part of the path to mastery.” – Rasheed Ogunlaru
- “I wouldn’t say anything is impossible. I think that everything is possible as long as you put your mind to it and put the work and time into it.”
- “As a champion, you have the opportunity to see what God sees and your view of this race will become clearer to you!” – Dr. Beverly Crockett
- “Focus, discipline, hard work, goal setting and, of course, the thrill of finally achieving your goals. These are all lessons in life.” – Kristi Yamaguchi
- “You know what a champion is? A champion is someone who’s ready when the gong rings – not just before, not just after – but when it rings.” – Jack Dempsey
- “If you don’t design your own life plan, chances are you’ll fall into someone else’s plan. And guess what they have planned for you? Not much.” – Jim Rohn
- “To be a champion, you have to learn to handle stress and pressure. But if you’ve prepared mentally and physically, you don’t have to worry.” – Harvey Mackay
- “Champions know that success is inevitable; that there is no such thing as failure, only feedback. They know that the best way to forecast the future is to create it.” – Michael J. Gelb
- “Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them-a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have the skill, and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.” – Muhammad Ali
Team Championship Quotes
A leader of a team is one who gives directions and guidance to the team players. Words of encouragement coming from the leaders in times of training and preparation is what makes players into legends.
Also See: Teamwork Quotes
These motivational motivational quotes are by famous sportsmen, coaches, leaders, legends of different fields who have help you bring out the champion in you and inspire you to play to win.
Don’t forget to check out our collection of lead by example quotes to inspire you to be the perfect role model.
- “Inches make champions.” – Vince Lombardi
- “It’s pretty cool to be called a champion.” – Rose Namajunas
- “A true champion can adapt to anything.” – Floyd Mayweather, Jr.
- “I am a champion standing over the shadow of my former self.” – Adam Johnson
- “And if she lose her champion true, tell heaven not despair.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “When with a clumsy, lucky clout he knocked the champion out.” – Robert William Service
- “All things negative, pressure, challenges – is all an opportunity for me to rise.” – Kobe Bryant
- “Renowned champion full of wrestling art, and made for victory in every part.” – William Strode
- “What when a stood unbending champion awes envy and malice to their native sty?” – John Keats
- “While the brown ale he quaffed, loud then the champion laughed.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “I needed a Champion. So, I became one! Fulfill the requirements of your own requirements.” – Nicky Verd
- “With brains and honesty, some five and twenty long years as champion of all that’s good.” – Ambrose Bierce
- “Be a humble champion of and create visible momentum for the value you deliver to the team.” – Dave Hollis
- “The champion of all necks which feel the yoke, as once she stood sublime in every land.” – Wilfrid Scawen Blunt
- “When you color me, color me black commanding, cultivated compassionate, a champion.” – Dolores M. Johnson
- “Victorious warriors win first and then go to war, while defeated warriors go to war first then seek to win.” – Sun Tzu
- “And thou shalt rise, summon’d with champion sound , antaeus-like, more strong from underground.” – William Strode
- “Gold medals aren’t really made of gold. They’re made of sweat, determination, and a hard-to-find alloy called guts.” – Dan Gable
- “Champions invariably have fervent philosophical beliefs. Philosophy, in its simplest terms, means ‘the love of wisdom.’” – Zig Ziglar
- “For whatever it’s worth, never fall a victim of the struggle. And when it so happens remain a soldier and a champion.” – Don Santo
- “You champions bold, with me that escaped have so many dangers, and such hard assays, whom still your God did keep, defend and save.” – Torquato Tasso
- “The difference between champions and everyone else is that champions are never afraid of losing, while everyone else is afraid of winning.” – Jeffrey Fry
- “The cloistered brethren’s thunderous chaunt, the errant champion’s song, the shifting of the crowns and thrones, the tangle of the strong.” – Gilbert Keith Chesterton
- “The mind is the limit. As long as the mind can envision the fact that you can do something, you can do it, as long as you really believe 100 percent.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “I don’t count my sit-ups. I only start counting when it starts hurting, that is when I start counting because then it really counts. That’s what makes you a CHAMPION.” – Muhammad Ali
- “I’ve been knocked down more than any heavyweight champion in history, but I consider that a compliment, because I must have got up more than any heavyweight champion.” – Floyd Patterson
- “You would say I was a champion who knows how to defend, and she left me with the feeling – most unpleasant, I aver that the whole world would despise me is it hadn’t been for her.” – Ella Willer Wilcox
- “Champions do not become champions when they win the event, but in the hours, weeks, months and years they spend preparing for it. The victorious performance itself is merely the demonstration of their championship character.” – Alan Armstrong
- “Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday.” – Wilma Rudolph
- “If you expect the best, you will be the best. Learn to use one of the most powerful laws in this world; change your mental habits to belief instead of disbelief. Learn to expect, not to doubt. In so doing, you bring everything into the realm of possibility.” – Dr. Norman Vincent Peale
You Are A Champion Quotes
A heart of a champion in making always knows that giving up is not an option. Quitting is for losers, but when you don’t take days off from your work and push your limits then you truly put your abilities to test.
There will finally come a time when all your late night, early morning and dedication and determination will payoff.
These inspiring champion quotes gives you the much needed motivation when you feel tired. Great champions and winners were tired too, but they did not stop on their journey to success.
- “A champion is someone who gets up when he cannot.”
- “I was born to be champion of the world.” – Roberto Duran
- “If you’re a champion, you have to have it in your heart.” – Chris Evert
- “The mark of a great champion is his ability to come back from defeat.”
- “Everyone has a plan ’till they get punched in the mouth.” – Mike Tyson
- “Being champion is all well and good, but you can’t eat a crown.” – Althea Gibson
- “Champions never sleep, the eternal spirit keep them alert and awake.” – Amit Ray
- “See the champion of summer wake, little armies in field and wake.” – Edith Nesbit
- “It is not over. Champions extend their limits and make things happen.” – Amit Ray
- “Everyone has the fire, but the champions know when to ignite the spark.” – Amit Ray
- “Every body wants to be world champion. I am champion of my life.” – Mudo nandayo
- “To be a champion, you don’t need power you need training.” – Dr.P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
- “Allow yourself to fantasize about being the champion you aspire to be.” – James J. Barrell
- “Upon his foe the other champion flew, with equal courage, and with equal ire.” – Torquato Tasso
- “The field is safely granted by their guide, this said, the champion for his armor cried.” – Torquato Tasso
- “Then were the people amazed and they called for the champion of champions.” – Andrew Paton Baterson
- “Down to the ground the champion’s gauntlet flew, I dare thy fury, and I’ll prove it to.” – Thomas Chatterton
- “But tomorrow is the most perpetually true champion; is the most indomitably optimistic of them all.” – Nikhil Parekh
- “You don’t have to be beautiful or handsome. Whoever you are, whatever you do, you can be a champion.” – Pat Williams
- “Thither the fate-marked champion bent his way, by purling streams to lose the heal of day.” -Thomas Chatterton
- “The champion thus desist discourteous knight, why dost thou shamefully misuse thy might.” – Thomas Chatterton
- “Through the thick braked the astonished champion sees a weeping damsel bending on her knees.” – Thomas Chatterton
- “I need to remain humble, stay disciplined and keep training. That’s how I will continue to be a champion.” – Andy Ruiz Jr.
- “To be champion requires more than simply being a strong player; one has to be a strong human being as well.” – Anatoly Karpov
- “A champion owes everybody something. He can never pay back for all the help he got, for making him an idol.” – Jack Dempsey
- “You are a Champion. You are not a champ because you are the strongest or the best. You are a champion because you refuse to give up.”
- “Loud sand the lunatic his song of the champions of valour until he was sighted and captured by fleet-footed keepers.” – Andrew Paton Baterson
- “To be a champion, compete; to be a great champion, compete with the best; but to be the greatest champion, compete with yourself.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “When my body gets tired, my mind says “this is where winners are made.” When my mind gets tired, my heart says “this is where Champions are made”.” – Baylor Barbee
- “You learn to always reach for the best in life and not settle for less; to stand out from the crowd and not accept mediocrity. You will become a champion.” – Mike Murdock
Short Champion Captions For Instagram
These short champion status, champ captions are perfect to tag your Instagram posts and pictures to powerup.
- Work like a champion today.
- Champions train. Losers complain.
- Don’t aim to break records, aim to shatter them.
- Talent wins games. But teamwork wins championships.
- The target for every great champion is to play for the team.
- Champions believe in themselves, even when no one else does.
- Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.
- The more difficult the victory, the greater the happiness in winning.
- Champions are simply losers who never gave up when everyone did.
- That will happen, but you have to do that which will make you a champion.
If you like these powerful champion quotes from famous authors, leaders, athletes, and business entrepreneurs, then also check our collection of no-competition quotes and positive mindset quotes to inspire you.
What is one thing you know for sure that makes you victorious? You can share your comment in the comment section below!!
Feel free to share these wise words of wisdom with your friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Twitter, and more.