Read the best collection of faith quotes, sayings, and captions to inspire and uplift your spirit during challenging times.
Faith is defined as a belief with strong conviction; a firm belief in something for which there may be no tangible proof. It is complete trust or confidence in something or someone.
The concept of faith is very subjective to each one and quite personal too. The most common type of faith is religious; which is characterized by faith and trust in God (Almighty), the divine power.
Religious faith is central to many of the world’s major cultures and religions, including Hinduism Christianity, Buddhism, Islam, and Judaism.
Having faith is a very important aspect of life. Faith in God or in relationships because it is a powerful expression of hope that things will get better in the future.
Life without faith will be meaningless, as it helps us be positive about things and look forward to a brighter future. It helps us to shape our behavior and values in life.
Having faith in yourself means believing in yourself and your potential. It is thus a source of courage, strength, and comfort during challenging times.
These inspirational quotes about faith by great thinkers, leaders, and personalities have helped people find solace, strength, and hope during tough times.
Top 10 Faith Quotes To Inspire You
- “Faith is unquestioning belief.” – Ronald Hopfer
- “Faith precedes the miracle.” ― Thomas S. Monson
- “Faith Is the Solution, Not the Problem.” – Patrick R. Dunmire
- “Faith is a knowledge within the heart, beyond the reach of proof.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Faith consists in believing when it is beyond the power of reason to believe.” – Voltaire
- “See the best. Forgive the worst. Forget the bad. Always have faith.” – Melissa Eshleman
- “Without faith, nothing is possible. With it, nothing is impossible.” – Mary McLeod Bethune
- “The smallest seed of faith is better than the largest fruit of happiness.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “It is the things that we go through that prove our faith and test our godly character.” – Scott F Neve
- “Faith is taking the first step even when you don’t see the whole staircase.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Faith is an oasis in the heart which will never be reached by the caravan of thinking.” – Kahlil Gibran
Best Quotes About Faith
Faith can motivate us to pursue our dreams and goals and to believe that anything is possible. Having faith is an optimistic filter of life that makes you hopeful about the future.
- “Faith does not eliminate questions. But faith knows where to take them.” – Elisabeth Elliot
- “Faith is the bird that feels the light and sings when the dawn is still dark.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “Faith is the daring of the soul to go further than it can see.” ― William Newton Clarke
- “Otherwise without faith it becomes very difficult to keep pushing forward every day.” – Darrin Wiggins
- “Faith is building on what you know is here so you can reach what you know is there.” – Cullen Hightower
- “Great things happen to those who don’t stop believing, trying, learning, and being grateful.” – Roy T. Benne
- “Keep faith. The most amazing things in life tend to happen right at the moment you’re about to give up hope.” – Anonymous
- “The reason birds can fly and we can’t is simply because they have perfect faith, for to have faith is to have wings.” – J.M. Barrie
- “None of us knows what might happen even the next minute, yet still we go forward. Because we trust. Because we have Faith.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Believe in yourself, and the rest will fall into place. Have faith in your own abilities, work hard, and there is nothing you cannot accomplish.” – Brad Henry
- “Believe in yourself! Have faith in your abilities! Without a humble but reasonable confidence in your own powers you cannot be successful or happy.” – Norman Vincent Peale
Famous Quotes On Faith
Words of encouragement about faith keep us hopeful of a better future and help us navigate through the hardships of life.
Whether it’s faith in God, faith in yourself, or in someone else, faith has the power to uplift and inspire us during difficult days.
- “Doubt isn’t the opposite of faith; it is an element of faith.” – Paul Tillich
- “Have faith to believe that it will all work out in the end while you are waiting.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “If you will believe and stay in faith, and expect good things, you too can defy the odds.” – Joel Osteen
- “Faith is believing that the outcome will be what it should be, no matter what it is.” – Colette Baron-Reid
- “Reason is in fact the path to faith, and faith takes over when reason can say no more.” – Thomas Merton
- “Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason has once accepted in spite of your changing moods” – C.S. Lewis
- “It’s faith in something and enthusiasm for something that makes a life worth living.” – Oliver Wendell Holmes Sr.
- “To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible.” – Thomas Aquinas
- “If you have a dream, don’t just sit there. Gather courage to believe that you can succeed and leave no stone unturned to make it a reality.” – Roopleen
- “Faith is the foundation of all our hopes, and without faith we have nothing.” – Unknown
Short Faith Quotes & Sayings
In this day and age, where the world is facing unprecedented challenges and uncertainties, the need for faith and hope is more important than ever before.
Whether you are looking for words of encouragement to help you navigate a difficult time or seeking guidance on your spiritual journey, faith quotes can provide comfort and strength.
- “To me, faith means not worrying.” – John Dewey
- “If you lose faith, you lose all.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “If one has faith, one has everything.” – Ramakrishna
- “Feed your faith and your fear will starve.” – Anonymous
- “Faith moves mountains. Doubt creates them.” – Unknown
- “Reason is our soul’s left hand, Faith her right.” – John Donne
- “When fear knocks, let faith answer the door.” – Robin Roberts
- “Prayer offered in faith will make the sick person well.” – Unknown
- “Faith is believing BEFORE what will only make sense AFTER.” – Steven Furtick
- “Surrender to what is. Let go of what was. Have faith in what will be.” – Sonia Ricotti
10 Bible Faith Quotes
- “We walk by faith, not by sight.” – 2 Corinthians 5:7
- “Because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.” – James 1:3
- “And whatever you ask in prayer, you will receive, if you have faith.” – Matthew 21:22
- “So faith comes from hearing, and hearing through the word of Christ.” – Romans 10:17
- “Jesus said to him, ‘If you can believe? All things are possible for one who believes.” – Mark 9:23
- “Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.” – Hebrews 11:1
- “Hearing this, Jesus said to Jairus, ‘Don’t be afraid; just believe, and she will be healed.’” – Luke 8:50
- “For everyone born of God overcomes the world. This is the victory that has overcome the world, even our faith.” – 1 John 5:4
- “But when you ask, you must believe and not doubt, because the one who doubts is like a wave of the sea, blown and tossed by the wind.” – James 1:6
- “For by grace you have been saved through faith. And this is not your own doing; it is the gift of God, not a result of works, so that no one may boast.” – Ephesians 2:8-9
10 God Quotes About Faith
Having faith is having trust. You have to trust and hope that God has your back and that he will help you and take care of you.
Our faith is the greatest tool to overcome obstacles in our life. These inspiring faith quotes are humble prayers to the almighty asking for all the courage to face challenges and bounce back in life.
Don’t forget to also check out these God is Good quotes to connect with Him and have faith and hope in you.
- “Don’t be afraid to step out in faith for God.” – Olivia Hope
- “God delights in answering the prayer of faith.” – K. P. Yohannan
- “Never be afraid to trust an unknown future to a known God.”- Corrie ten Boom
- “The Lord is faithful to those who are faithful and earnestly seek Him.” – Ben Lance
- “Faith is a choice to trust God even when the road ahead seems uncertain.” – Dave Willis
- “By faith, we believe God provides and we hold to the truth that He will not lie.” – Lynn R. Davis
- “Faith is not the belief that God will do what you want. It is the belief that God will do what is right.” – Max Lucado
- “I believe if you keep your faith, you keep your trust, you keep the right attitude, if you’re grateful, you’ll see God open up new doors.” – Joel Osteen
- “When you have faith in God, you don’t have to worry about the future. You just know it’s all in His hands. You just go to and do your best.” – Elder Bryan
- “My faith didn’t remove the pain, but it got me through the pain. Trusting God didn’t diminish or vanquish the anguish, but it enabled me to endure it.” – Robert Rogers
Inspirational Have Faith Quotes
In times of uncertainty and adversity, hope and faith can be a beacon of light that guides us forward.
Being hopeful that things will change for the better is what keeps us going.
- “Obedience is the fruit of faith.” – Christina Rossetti
- “Sometimes the only means of transportation is a leap of faith.” – Susan J. Decuir
- “Don’t let the lions stop you from living. Face them with faith.” – Sadie Robertson
- “Faith is about doing. You are how you act, not just how you believe.” – Mitch Albom
- “We are saved by faith alone, but the faith that saves is never alone.” – Martin Luther
- “Faith ― acceptance of which we imagine to be true, that which we cannot prove.” – Dan Brown
- “In faith there is enough light for those who want to believe and enough shadows to blind those who don’t.” – Blaise Pascal
- “Choosing a life of faith and the salvation of our souls requires that we let go of many things in this world.” – John Paul Thomas
- “Faith is not the power of positive thinking; it is believing in God and trusting that His will is always best even when you cannot understand why.” – Shari Howerton
- “Our faith comes in moments . . . yet there is a depth in those brief moments which constrains us to ascribe more reality to them than to all other experiences.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
Encouraging Faith Quotes For Strength
- “Faith is a very important attribute to positive thinking.” – Hanif Raah
- “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” – Mother Teresa
- “Faith gives you inner strength and a sense of balance and perspective in life.” – Gregory Peck
- “Every great move forward in your life begins with a leap of faith, a step into the unknown.” – Brian Tracy
- “Keep the faith, hold on. Things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever.” – Unknown
- “If you believe in yourself and feel confident in yourself, you can do anything. I really believe that.” – Karlie Kloss
- “Faith enables the mourner to believe things will improve and there will be better days ahead.” – Phyllis McElwain
- “Prayer will change a heartache into a cheerful song, If in faith you ask it, the answer will soon come ‘long.” – Eldred Herbert
- “Faith is unseen but felt, faith is strength when we feel we have none, faith is hope when all seems lost.” – Catherine Pulsifer
- “Faith is a living, daring confidence in God’s grace, so sure and certain that a man could stake his life on it a thousand times.” – Martin Luther
Keep The Faith Quotes To Be Hopeful
- “Prayer is the key to heaven but faith unlocks the door.” – Unknown
- “I have great faith in fools – self-confidence my friends will call it.” – Edgar Allan Poe
- “Faith sees the invisible, believes the unbelievable, and receives the impossible.” – Corrie Ten Boom
- “I am still far from being what I want to be, but with God’s help I shall succeed.” – Vincent Van Gogh
- “Faith and prayer are the vitamins of the soul; man cannot live in health without them.” – Mahalia Jackson
- “Optimism is the faith that leads to achievement. Nothing can be done without hope and confidence.” – Helen Keller
- “Crazy Faith” is thoughts and actions that lack reason but trusting fully in what you cannot explicitly prove.” – Mike Todd
- “Faith is not merely hope, and it must be more than belief; faith is a knowing of the heart.” – Rev. Floyd and M. Elaine Flake
- “Whatever you want in life, other people are going to want it too. Believe in yourself enough to accept the idea that you have an equal right to it.” – Diane Sawyer
- “Faith is a firm trust and conviction that sometimes if God doesn’t give you what you think you want, it’s not because you don’t deserve it, but because you deserve better.” – David A. R. White
Uplifting Fear Over Faith Quotes
- “Let your faith be bigger than your fear.” – Unknown
- “Faithless is he that says farewell when the road darkens.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “No matter the storm may your faith be stronger than your fears.” – Unknown
- “Choose faith instead of fear and life will become a lot more fun.” – Dave Willis
- “Faith is seeing light with your heart when all your eyes see is darkness.” – Unknown
- “Faith is a recognition of those things which are above the sense.” – Henry Ward Beech
- “Faith and prayer are the vitamins of the soul; man cannot live in health without them.” – Mahalia Jackson
- “Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.” – Saint Augustine
- “You block your dream when you allow your fear to grow bigger than your faith.” – Mary Manin Morrissey
- “To have faith is to trust yourself to the water. When you swim you don’t grab hold of the water, because if you do you will sink and drown. Instead, you relax, and float.” – Alan Watts
More Inspiring Quotes To Give You Hop
These insightful quotes are meant to help you find courage, find joy in the present, and believe in a brighter future.
Feel free to share these uplifting quotes with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Pinterest, and more.