90 Self Inspirational Quotes – For Strength & Motivation
Looking for uplifting words to inspire yourself? We have rounded up the best collection of self-inspirational quotes, sayings, captions, and one-liners, (with images and pictures) to motivate and encourage you to work hard, be focused, and be successful.
What Is Self-Inspiration?
Self-inspiration is the ability to take yourself from stagnant to active, bored to passionate, and from discouraged to excited. It’s a driving force that makes you get things done.#SelfInspiration
You can be inspired by the things or people around you. But inspiring yourself from time to time to keep the passion alive is also very important.
Also See: Self Motivation Quotes
Self-inspiring people can inspire themselves (and likely others) anytime and anywhere. Self-inspiring people get things done.
As quoted by Zig Ziglar; “People often say that motivation doesn’t last. Well, neither does bathing, that’s why we recommend it daily.”
Some positive daily reminders early in the morning can uplift your mood and act as a positive driving force for work, students, and others.
Inspirational quotes are a great source of motivation and can help you stay focused and positive during tough times.
These quotes remind us of the power of determination, resilience, and the importance of perseverance in the face of challenges.
By reading and internalizing these quotes, you can build up the confidence and drive you need to achieve your goals and live the life you desire.
Whether you’re facing a difficult task at work, struggling to overcome a personal challenge, or simply needing a reminder to stay optimistic, self-inspiration quotes can help provide the encouragement you need.
Also See: Note to Self Quotes
We all need some pep talk, positive self-talk, and daily reminders of our immense potential to reach our goals and realize our self-worth.
Be it business, work, fitness, workout, studies, or anything aspect of your life, motivational reminders on a daily basis can help you achieve your dreams and inspire you to keep moving on even if you get tired.
If you like these self-inspirational words and sayings, you may also want to check our other quotes articles best quotes of all time, and self care quotes to start your day.
Top 10 Self Inspirational Quotes
- “Be yourself, but always your better self.” – Karl G. Maeser
- “This above all, to thine own self be true.” – William Shakespeare
- “If you do not conquer self, you will be conquered by self.” – Napoleon Hill
- “Happiness is not something ready-made. It comes from your own actions.” – Dalai Lama
- “If you have no confidence in self, you are twice defeated in the race of life.” – Marcus Garvey
- “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Why should we worry about what others think of us, do we have more confidence in their opinions than we do our own?” – Brigham Young
- “Never be bullied into silence. Never allow yourself to be made a victim. Accept no one’s definition of your life, but define yourself.” – Harvey Fierstein
- “Choose to focus your time, energy and conversation around people who inspire you, support you and help you to grow you into your happiest, strongest, wisest self.” – Karen Salmansohn
Famous Self-Inspiration Quotes To Motivate You
Reading positive and uplifting quotes every morning is a great way to keep yourself motivated and charged to work hard.
Also See: Better Yourself Quotes
These famous self-inspiring quotes by prominent leaders, writers, authors, and celebrities, will surely motivate you to believe in yourself and always be ready to pursue great things.
- “Make peace with your broken pieces.” – R.H. Sin
- “Feel the fact that you are enough.” – Anonymous
- “I don’t like myself. I’m crazy about myself.” – May West
- “You are what you believe yourself to be.” – Paulo Coelho
- “It’s hard to beat a person who never gives up.” – Babe Ruth
- “I’m working… on myself, for myself, by myself.” – Unknown
- “Courage is like a muscle. We strengthen it by use.” – Ruth Gordo
- “The key to success is to focus on goals, not obstacles.” – Unknown
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
- “Remind yourself that you cannot fail at being yourself.” – Unknown
- “When you feel like quitting…. think about why you started.” – Unknown
- “A solid sense of self will help a person to lead a full and happy life.” – Kimberly Elise
- “Low self-esteem is like driving through life with your hand-break on.” – Maxwell Maltz
- “You are allowed to be both a masterpiece and a work in progress simultaneously.” – Sophia Bush
- “Sometimes we’re tested not to show our weaknesses, but to discover our strengths.” – Unknown
- “The greatest self is a peaceful smile, that always sees the world smiling back.” – Bryant H. McGill
- “There is only one corner of the universe you can be certain of improving, and that’s your own self.” – Aldous Huxley
- “Just do what works for you, because there will always be somebody who thinks differently.” – Michelle Obama
- “Until you value yourself, you won’t value your time. Until you value your time, you will not do anything with it.” – M. Scott Peck
- “Why do you want to achieve your goals? The answer to that question has power. It’s what motivates you.” – Michael S. Dobson
- “To be yourself in a world that is constantly trying to make you something else is the greatest accomplishment.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Inaction breeds doubt and fear. Action breeds confidence and courage. If you want to conquer fear, do not sit home and think about it. Go out and get busy.” – Dale Carnegie
- “Don’t limit yourself. Many people limit themselves to what they think they can do. You can go as far as your mind lets you. What you believe, remember, you can achieve.” – Mary Kay Ash
- “Every human has four endowments – self-awareness, conscience, independent will and creative imagination. These give us the ultimate human freedom. The power to choose, to respond, to change.” – Stephen Covey
- “If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” – Fred Rogers
Inspirational Quotes About Self Love
Improving yourself everyday and moving forward towards your goal is what matters the most.
Having enough self-confidence to overcome all obstacles and never give up is what will make you a winner.
Also See: Positive Attitude Quotes
These self inspirational sayings will give you the much needed nudge and good vibes to get up and chase your dreams.
An inspired person never loses his enthusiam to conquer the world. He is charged up to do his thing and loves himself for these qualities.
- “Be the love you never received.” – Rune Lazuli
- “Loving yourself isn’t vanity; it’s sanity.” – Katrina Mayer
- “Our first and last love is self-love.” – Christian Nestell Bovee
- “If you have the ability to love, love yourself first.” – Charles Bukowski
- “To fall in love with yourself is the first secret to happiness.” – Rena Rose
- “How you love yourself is how you teach others to love you.” – Rupi Kaur
- “Dare to love yourself as if you were a rainbow with gold at both ends.” – Aberjhani
- “If you ever want to love someone, love yourself unconditionally first.” – Debasish Mridha
- “Love yourself so much that when someone treats you wrong, you recognize it.” – Rena Rose
- “Love is the great miracle cure. Loving ourselves works miracles in our lives.” – Louise L. Hay
- “You have to grow, you have to be, you have to love yourself unconditionally.” – Dominic Riccitello
- “You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” –Buddha
- “The absence of self-love can never be replaced with the presence of people’s love for you.” – Edmond Mbiaka
- “Owning our story and loving ourselves through that process is the bravest thing that we’ll ever do.” – Brené Brown
- “You can receive all the compliments in the world, but that won’t do a thing unless you believe it yourself.” – Criss Jami
- “Even when it seems that there is no one else, always remember there’s one person who never ceased to love you – yourself.” – Sanhita Baruah
- “One of the best guides to how to be self-loving is to give ourselves the love we are often dreaming about receiving from others.” – Bell Hooks
- “As I began to love myself, I found that anguish and emotional suffering were only warning signs that I was living against my own truth.” – Charlie Chaplin
- “To love yourself right now, just as you are, is to give yourself heaven. Don’t wait until you die. If you wait, you die now. If you love, you live now.” – Alan Cohen
- “Love yourself enough to set boundaries. Your time and energy are precious. You get to choose how you use it. You teach people how to treat you by deciding what you will and won’t accept.” – Anna Taylor
Short Self Inspirational Quotes For Insta Bio
- “You become what you believe.” –Oprah Winfrey
- “Wear your confidence like a crown.” – Vicki Corona
- “The purpose of our lives is to be happy.” – Dalai Lama
- “Just be yourself, there is no one better.” – Taylor Swift
- “Never dull your shine for somebody else.” – Tyra Banks
- “Happiness depends upon ourselves.” – Madelyn Teppner
- “Believe you can and you are halfway there.” – T. Roosevelt
- “The road to success is always under construction.” – Lily Tomlin
- “You are so much sunshine in every square inch.” – Walt Whitman
- “Don’t compromise yourself – you’re all you have.” – John Grisham
- “I would rather die of passion than of boredom.” – Vincent van Gogh
- “Nothing can dim the light that shines from within.” – Maya Angelou
- “A girl should be two things: who and what she wants.” – Coco Chanel
- “You are not a drop in the ocean. You are the entire ocean in a drop.” – Rumi
- “I can be changed by what happens to me. But I refuse to be reduced by it.” – Maya Angelou
- “Don’t you ever let a soul in the world tell you that you can’t be exactly who you are.” – Lady Gaga
- “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Follow your heart, listen to your inner voice, stop caring about what others think.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “ You can’t go back and change the beginning, but you can start where you are and change the ending.” – C.S Lewis
- “Be who you are and say what you feel, because those who mind don’t matter, and those who matter don’t mind.” – Bernard M. Baruch
Best Quotes To Inspire Yourself Daily
A good pep-talk will give you the ability to drive yourself to take initiative and action to pursue goals and complete tasks.
Also See: Push Yourself Quotes
It’s an inner drive to take action — to create and to achieve. To be committed to your dreams and be enthusiastic to achieve it at any cost. When you are driven by passion, then nothing can stop you.
Some words of encouragement are powerful enough to set a positive tone for the day ahead.
Positive self note quotes can have a lasting positive health benefits, inspire self-love, including improved well-being and a better quality of life.
- “No rain no flowers.” – Unknown
- “Keep going. Keep growing.” – Unknown
- “You are enough to win the world.” – Unknown
- “Just be happy. It drives people crazy.” – Unknown
- “Every day is a chance to change yourself.” – Unknown
- “You were born to be real, not to be perfect.” – Unknown
- “Be faithful to that which exists within yourself.” – André Gide
- “You cannot change what you are, only what you do.” – Unknown
- “It is never too late to be what you might have been.” – George Eliot
- “A man cannot be comfortable without his own approval.” – Mark Twain
- “You carry so much love in your heart. Give some to yourself.” – Unknown
- “Trust yourself. You know more than you think you do.” – Benjamin Spock
- “Little by little, day by day what is meant for you will find its way.” – Unknown
- “You alone are enough. You have nothing to prove to anyone.” – Maya Angelou
- “Why are you trying so hard to fit in when you were born to stand out?” – Ian Wallace
- “Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” – Malcolm S. Forbes
- “Believing in our hearts that who we are is enough is the key to a more satisfying and balanced life.” – Ellen Sue Stern
- “The hardest challenge is to be yourself in a world where everyone is trying to make you be somebody else.” – E. E. Cummings
- “Some things take time to happen but when they happen they make you realize why it was worth to wait.” – The Dark Secrets
- “Magic is believing in yourself. If you can make that happen, you can make anything happen.” – Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe
- “We are each gifted in a unique and important way. It is our privilege and our adventure to discover our own special light.” – Mary Dunbar
- “There is nothing noble about being superior to some other man. The true nobility is in being superior to your previous self.” – Hindu Proverb
- “I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Whenever you face a challenge don’t ask why me because God only give challenges to those who are capable of achieving something.” – The Dark Secrets
- “Never dim your light to make others feel comfortable. People wouldn’t do the same for you. Live out loud and embrace the fullness of who you are without an apology. The right people will support your growth and expansion.” – Ash Alves
In life, there are several distractions that you have to face. It may be a heartbreak, pain, struggles, loss of a dear one or financial loss.
From famous authors and motivational speakers to historical figures and thought leaders, there’s no shortage of inspiring quotes to choose from.
So why not take a moment to read through some of these quotes and let their messages uplift and inspire you on your journey to personal growth and fulfillment?
But you have to gather your strength and motivate yourself every day to keep hustling and moving forward. Hard work, persistence, and patience will always pay off.
Don’t forget to check our collection of powerful bounce-back quotes to give you the adrenaline rush you need to work again on your dreams.
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.
If you are inspired by these quotes, feel free to spread the positive vibes and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more every day.