Looking for inspirational quotes about giving back to society and people? We have rounded up the best collection of giving back quotes, sayings, captions, and status, (with images and pictures) to inspire you to show compassion and be giving for the greater good of people.
“Giving back” essentially shows gratitude through action towards someone, something, or a community besides simply saying “thank you.”
Also See: Community Quotes
The term “Giving back” has different implications for different people. To some, it may be giving back to society, the community, or a friend group in terms of giving time, resources, charity, or other kind gestures to do good for others.
Also See: Generosity Quotes
Giving people are generous at heart and spread love and kindness with the gifts of time, money, motivation, and things which is a great moral support to people who really need it.
Being nice to others, showing compassion, being humble, and helping others when they need it are all attributes of a generous person. A lot of people love living a life for the greater good of humanity.
When you give back, you’re able to better the lives of the people around you – your loved ones, friends, your community, or the lives of people somewhere else in the world.
Top 10 Giving Back Quotes
- “No one has ever become poor by giving.” – Anne Frank
- “To move forward, you have to give back.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Giving back involves a certain amount of giving up.” – Colin Powell
- “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth.” – Muhammad Ali
- “We make a living by what we get. We make a life by what we give.” – Winston S. Churchill
- “When you’re in a position to have gotten so much, the gift at this point is giving back.” – Paul Stanley
- “I am a little pencil in the hand of a writing God who is sending a love letter to the world.” – Mother Teresa
- “What is important is family, friends, giving back to your community and finding meaning in life.” – Adrian Grenier
- “You give but little when you give of your possessions. It is when you give of yourself that you truly give.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “To me, giving back is so important. It makes others feel good which then in return makes me feel good.” – Katie Cassidy
Inspirational Giving Back Quotes To Help Others
- “We only have what we give.” – Isabel Allende
- “Give back to the world at least what you’ve received.” – Albert Einstein
- “Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present.” – Albert Camus
- “A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.” – Steve Maraboli
- “The best thing to do with the best things in life is to give them away.” – Dorothy Day
- “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” – Charles Dickens
- “Giving is not just about making a donation. It is about making a difference.” – Kathy Calvin
- “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “There is no exercise better for the heart than reaching down and lifting people up.” – John Holmes
- “There could be no definition of a successful life that does not include service to others.” – George H.W. Bush
- “The unselfish effort to bring cheer to others will be the beginning of a happier life for ourselves.” – Helen Keller
- “You cannot do a kindness too soon, for you never know how soon it will be too late.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “As you grow older, you will discover that you have two hands — one for helping yourself, the other for helping others.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “There’s nothing more rewarding than giving back and making a difference in the lives of people in this great community.” – Frank Guzzetta
- “I was always taught about the importance of giving back and helping those less fortunate. I think it’s also incredibly rewarding.” – Claire Holt
- “I’ve learned that you shouldn’t go through life with a catcher’s mitt on both hands. You need to be able to throw something back.” – Maya Angelou
- “It’s not about giving back if you’re successful or a celebrity or how much money you have: it’s about your responsibility as an adult to help others.” – Trisha Yearwood
- “I believe that we all have a responsibility to give back. No one becomes successful without lots of hard work, support from others, and a little luck. Giving back creates a virtuous cycle that makes everyone more successful.” – Ron Conway
- “Charity work is very important to me and gives me an opportunity to give back to my community. I’ve always been a big supporter of many different charities, have donated millions of dollars to them, and it just feels great to do and be able to help others, especially children.” – Richard MacDonald
- “I’ve been giving back since I was a teen, handing out turkeys at Thanksgiving and handing out toys at toys drives for Christmas. It’s very important to give back as a youth. It’s as simple as helping an old lady across the street or giving up your seat on the bus for someone who is pregnant.” – Queen Latifah
Giving Back To The Community Quotes
This is the essence of giving back to the community – supporting others in the ups and downs of life just as they support you.
It is important to give back to the society and community because the secret of living is giving. The real meaning and purpose of life never come from what you get, it comes from what you give.
These inspirational giving back to community sayings will always encourage you to be kind, generous, and compassionate to your people and uplift life of others.
- “Giving back is the new luxury.” – Franca Sozzani
- “Everyone can be great, because everyone can serve.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Every charitable act is a stepping stone towards heaven” – Henry Ward Beecher
- “What you take from the earth, you must give back. That’s nature’s way.” – Chris d’Lacey
- “I have found that among its other benefits, giving liberates the soul of the giver.” – Maya Angelou
- “If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito.” – Betty Reese
- “Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless.” – Sherry Anderson
- “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
- “We want to give back to the community and the best way to do that is through you.” – Capt. Thurston McClain
- “You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” – John Bunyan
- “Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “Giving back is the right thing to do, whether it’s donating clothing or even just a smile to someone who needs it.” – Becky G
- “That best portion of a good man’s life; his little, nameless, unremembered acts of kindness and love.” – William Wordsworth
- “Life is a gift, and it offers us the privilege, opportunity, and responsibility to give something back by becoming more.” – Tony Robbins
- “Tenderness and kindness are not signs of weakness and despair, but manifestations of strength and resolution.” –Kahlil Gibran
- “Giving back to the communities and institutions that helped us achieve success is a value we share and a privilege we embrace.” – Dinesh Paliwal
- “Since you get more joy out of giving joy to others, you should put a good deal of thought into the happiness that you are able to give.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “Giving frees us from the familiar territory of our own needs by opening our mind to the unexplained worlds occupied by the needs of others.” – Barbara Bush
- “At the end of the day it’s not about what you have or even what you’ve accomplished… it’s about who you’ve lifted up, who you’ve made better. It’s about what you’ve given back.” – Denzel Washington
- “I absolutely believe in the power of tithing and giving back. My own experience about all the blessings I’ve had in my life is that the more I give away, the more that comes back. That is the way life works, and that is the way energy works.” – Ken Blanchard
Famous Quotes About Giving Back To Society
Helping your community is an opportunity for you to grow as a person, to better understand how you fit into the world around you.
Also See: Helping Others Quotes
It is important to find a cause you love and volunteer your time to enrich the community. By dedicating to giving back to society, nature, and the world we help in bettering the world a better place to live in.
We get a lot of support and resources from nature, people around us, the society and it is our responsibility to do something for everyone by serving with a helping hand for causes that are meaningful.
- “We rise by lifting others.” – Robert Ingersoll
- “If you can’t pay it back, pay it forward.” – Catherine Ryan Hyde
- “Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for kindness.” – Seneca
- “It’s not how much we give but how much love we put into giving.” – Mother Teresa
- “The thrill of taking lasts a day. The thrill of giving lasts a lifetime.” – Joan Marques
- “He who wishes to secure the good of others has already secured his own.” – Confucius
- “Always give without remembering and always receive without forgetting.” – Brian Tracy
- “Those who are happiest are those who do the most for others.” – Booker T. Washington
- “Go out into the world and do good until there is too much good in the world.” – Larry H. Miller
- “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Giving does not only precede receiving; it is the reason for it. It is in giving that we receive.” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “No one is more cherished in this world than someone who lightens the burden of another.” – Joseph Addison
- “What we have done for ourselves alone dies with us; what we have done for others and the world remains and is immortal.” – Albert Pike
- “Giving back is something that comes from the heart to me. It’s not that I do it because it’s the right thing: I do it because I want do it.” – Henry Kravis
- “I love everything about the holidays: the decorations, the parties, and spending time with friends and family. What I love most is that feeling of giving back. Every bit counts.” – Brad Goreski
- “Part of becoming a little bit older and having the opportunities that I have, you want to start giving back to people who have been influential and helped you along the way.” – Grant Achatz
- “I am a huge believer in giving back and helping out in the community and the world. Think globally, act locally I suppose. I believe that the measure of a person’s life is the affect they have on others.” – Steve Nash
- “Hope and purpose in this world is living as best as you can and maybe having life that gives back. But simply giving back isn’t purpose; it’s a branch of purpose, but it is not the trunk or root of the tree.” – Nick Vujicic
- “I believe giving back is one of the greatest life lessons we can teach our children: that the world isn’t all about them and that, through our actions, people will really discover what kind of a person we truly are.” – Gretchen Carlson
- “Even if it’s a little thing, do something for those who have need of a man’s help– something for which you get no pay but the privilege of doing it. For, remember, you don’t live in a world all your own. Your brothers are here, too.” – Albert Schweitzer
Sharing And Giving Back Quotes TO Show Gratitude
- “Be the sun in someone’s dark sky.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “If you become a helper of hearts, springs of wisdom will flow from your heart.” – Rumi
- “Even if you just change one life, you’ve changed the world forever.” – Mike Satterfield
- “If you’re not reaching back to help anyone, then you’re not building a legacy.” – Germany Kent
- “Where there is charity and wisdom, there is neither fear nor ignorance.” – St. Francis of Assisi
- “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” – William Shakespeare
- “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, What are you doing for others?” – Martin Luther King Jr.
- “We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men.” – Herman Melville
- “Those who bring sunshine to the lives of others cannot keep it from themselves.” – James Matthew Barrie
- “Help others without any reason and give without the expectation of receiving anything in return.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “It is every man’s obligation to put back into the world at least the equivalent of what he takes out of it.” – Albert Einstein
- “I’m very fortunate to have been raised in my family. I learned early about the importance of giving back.” – Patrick Schwarzenegger
- “You may not have saved a lot of money in your life, but if you have saved a lot of heartaches for other folks, you are a pretty rich man.” – Seth Parker
- “If you want to touch the past, touch a rock. If you want to touch the present, touch a flower. If you want to touch the future, touch a life.” – Anonymous
- “We know only too well that what we are doing is nothing more than a drop in the ocean. But if the drop were not there, the ocean would be missing something.” – Mother Teresa
10 Giving Back Quotes From the Bible
- “For after all it is only just for God to repay with affliction those who afflict you,” – 2 Thessalonians 1:6
- “Give to everyone who asks of you, and whoever takes away what is yours, do not demand it back.” – Luke 6:30
- “One who is gracious to a poor man lends to the Lord, And He will repay him for his good deed.” – Proverbs 19:17
- “knowing that whatever good thing each one does, this he will receive back from the Lord, whether slave or free.” – Ephesians 6:8
- “Behold, I am coming quickly, and My reward is with Me, to render to every man according to what he has done.” – Revelation 22:12
- “and you will be blessed, since they do not have the means to repay you; for you will be repaid at the resurrection of the righteous.” – Luke 14:14
- “If you lend to those from whom you expect to receive, what credit is that to you? Even sinners lend to sinners in order to receive back the same amount.” – Luke 6:34
- “not returning evil for evil or insult for insult, but giving a blessing instead; for you were called for the very purpose that you might inherit a blessing.” – 1 Peter 3:9
- “Pay her back even as she has paid, and give back to her double according to her deeds; in the cup which she has mixed, mix twice as much for her.” – Revelation 18:6
- “Give, and it will be given to you. They will pour into your lap a good measure—pressed down, shaken together, and running over. For by your standard of measure it will be measured to you in return.” – Luke 6:38
Serving others means doing something for the benefit and goodwill of another person or a community.
When we serve, we bring value and meaning to others’ problems with a selfless motive. It is doing things for the greater good and not just for yourself.
As quoted by Martin Luther King (MLK); “Everybody can be great because everybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace, a soul generated by love.”
These wise words of wisdom only emphasize that with love and a kind heart, we can do a lot of good for the people, community, and society as a whole to uplift them.
Also See: Serving Others Quotes
Famous leaders and personalities like Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Albert Einstein, Buddha, and more have always said how important it is to serve others with a kind and compassionate heart.
When we serve others it brings joy, satisfaction, immense happiness, and a feeling of fulfillment to us also.
To impact someone positively on an emotional, spiritual, or financial level is a great feeling of adding value to another’s life.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom and share your feelings in words.
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.