120 Generosity Quotes About Being Generous And Giving
Looking for inspirational quotes about being generous? We have rounded up the best collection of generosity quotes, sayings, captions, status, (with images and pictures) to inspire you to show compassion and be giving for the greater good of people.
Generous people are the ones who give more than is expected of them. A generous heart is willing to give and help people in need.
They spread love and kindness with the gifts of time, money, motivation and things which is a great moral support to people who really need it.
Also See: Helping Others Quotes
Having a big heart is the virtue of being liberal in giving and being generous to people and community at large without expecting anything in return. To be generous is a noble quality of women/men who work for the benefit of others.
We have divided these famous generosity quotes in these sections;
- Quotes About Generous
- Generosity Quotes
- Kindness And Generosity Quotes From The Bible
- Thankful For Generosity Quotes
Being nice to others, showing compassion, being humble and helping others when they need it are all attributes of a generous person. A lot of people love living a life for the greater good of humanity.
These encouraging generosity quotes about living a selfless life will inspire you to have a big heart and be loving and giving by nature.
Also Read: Quotes about Kindness
If you like these meaningful quotes on being generous, then also check our posts on empathy quotes and selfless quotes to inspire you to be kind and generous to people.
Quotes About Generous
- “Give – the generous life.” – Anonymous
- “You do not have to be rich to be generous.”
- “The heart that gives, gathers.” – Tao Te Ching
- “The greatest gift you ever give is your honest self.”
- “No one has ever become poor by giving.” – Anne Frank
- “Being generous of spirit is a wonderful way to live.” – Pete Seeger
- “No matter what happens in life, be good to people.” – Taylor Swift
- “Your greatness is not what you have, it’s what you give.” – Alice Hocker
- “If you can’t feed a hundred people, then just feed one.” – Mother Teresa
- “Love is the fruit of sacrifice. Wealth is the fruit of generosity.” – Lao Tzu
- “It is the heart that does the giving; the fingers only let go.” – Nigerian proverb
- “Only by giving are you able to receive more than you already have.” – Jim Rohn
- “A kind gesture can reach a wound that only compassion can heal.” – Steve Maraboli
- “You can give without loving, but you cannot love without giving.” – Amy Carmichael
- “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
- “From the heart, it has come, to the heart, it shall go.” – Beethoven’s inscription on his Mass
- “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” – Pablo PIicasso
- “A generous heart, kind speech, and compassion are the things which renew humanity.” – Buddha
- “To serve is beautiful, but only if it is done with joy and a whole heart and a free mind.” – Pearl S. Buck
- “My intent is to be generous of spirit and live with total integrity every day of my life.” – Deepak Chopra
- “The value of a man resides in what he gives and not in what he is capable of receiving.” – Albert Einstein
- “Give what you have. To someone, it may be better than you dare to think.” – Henry Wadsworth Longfellow
- “The most generous persons are those who give silently without hope of praise or reward.” – Carol Ryrie Brink
- “True beauty is born through our actions and aspirations and in the kindness we offer to others.” – Alek Wek
- “Everyone can experience the joy and blessing of generosity; because everyone has something to give.” – Jan Grace
- “You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.” – John Bunyan
- “Do things for people not because of who they are or what they do in return, but because of who you are.” – S. Kushner
- “You cannot do a kindness too soon because you never know how soon it will be too late.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things that renew humanity.” – Anonymous
- “Sometimes when we are generous in small, barely detectable ways it can change someone else’s life forever.” – Margaret Cho
- “Don’t wait for other people to be loving, giving, compassionate, grateful, forgiving, generous, or friendly, lead the way.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Lose yourself in generous service and every day can be a most unusual day, a triumphant day, an abundantly rewarding day!” – William Arthur Ward
- “We should give as we would receive, cheerfully, quickly, and without hesitation; for there is no grace in a benefit that sticks to the fingers.” – Seneca
- “You make all kinds of mistakes, but as long as you are generous and true and also fierce, you cannot hurt the world or even seriously distress her.” – Winston Churchill
- “Do all the good you can, By all the means you can, In all the ways you can, In all the places you can, At all the times you can, To all the people you can, As long as ever you can.” – John Wesley
- “You often say, ‘I would give, but only to the deserving.’ The trees in your orchard say not so, nor the flocks in your pasture. They give that they may live, for to withhold is to perish.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “Being generous often consists of simply extending a hand. That’s hard to do if you are grasping tightly to your righteousness, your belief system, your superiority, your assumptions about others, your definition of normal.” – Patti Digh
- “Returning hate for hate multiplies hate, adding deeper darkness to a night already devoid of stars. Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate, only love can do that.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “You will discover that you have two hands, one to help yourself and one to help others.” – Audrey Hepburn
Great Generosity Quotes
Life can be tough, and many people go though a lot of hard times which may be financial, physical, an illness, or something personal. When you are being a generous friend to someone in need then it can mean a lot to someone who is facing the crisis.
Having a kind heart and the feeling of empathy is the attribute of a strong person. Spreading kindness, compassion, and love is what the world needs today.
Also See: Having A Good Heart Quotes
Even in the times of pandemic, we saw a lot of generous people who have extended their support in terms of donations, charity, financial help, food, and moral support to people suffering in those hard times.
An act of generous kindness can really help someone to live a better life and fight their battles and come out as a winner.
- “Be generous in giving and grateful in receiving.”
- “Generosity isn’t an act. It’s a way of life.” – Chip Ingram
- “Let us forget, with generosity, those who cannot love us.”
- “Generosity is a practical expression of love.” – Gary Inrig
- “Generosity is giving more than you can.” – Khalil Gibran
- “Generosity is the flower of justice.” – Nathaniel Hawthorn
- “Where grace happens generosity happens.” – Max Lucado
- “Generosity is the best investment.” – Diane Con Furstenberg
- “Generosity isn’t about money, it’s about the heart.” – Anonymous
- “Make generosity part of your growth strategy.” – Danielle LaPorte
- “Attention is the rarest and purest form of generosity.” – Simone Weil
- “Through radical generosity we are awakening people.” – Bill Johnson
- “Humanity is the virtue of a woman, generosity that of a man.” – Adam Smith
- “Give more than you take, and you’ll get more than you give.” – Sahil Lavingia
- “Generosity, kindness, honesty, humor – makes us truly rich.” – Waylon Lewis
- “The law of prosperity is generosity. If you want more, give more.” – Bob Proctor
- “If truth doesn’t set you free, generosity of spirit will.” – Katerina Stoykova Klemer
- “Real generosity toward the future lies in giving all to the present.” – Albert Camus
- “Too many have dispensed with generosity in order to practice charity.” – Albert Camus
- “Generosity takes an open heart and a love that asks for nothing in return.” – Anonymous
- “Generosity: The habit of giving freely without expecting anything in return.” – Anonymous
- “Let us try to teach generosity and altruism, because we are born selfish.” – Richard Dawkins
- “As we work to create light for others, we naturally light our own way.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Sometimes, we need only to look at the sunrise to see the generosity of God.” – Jocelyn Soriano
- “Minds, nevertheless, are not conquered by arms, but by love and generosity.” – Baruch Spinoza
- “Real generosity is doing something nice for someone who will never find out.” – Frank A. Clark
- “Generosity is giving more than you can, and pride is taking less than you need.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Live simply, love generously, care deeply, speak kindly, leave the rest to God.” – Ronald Reagan
- “The greatest way to learn the genius of generosity is to practice it in real time with others.” – Chip Ingram
- “True generosity consists precisely in fighting to destroy the causes which nourish false charity.” – Paulo Freire
- “If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion.” – Dalai Lama
- “True generosity is an offering; given freely and out of pure love. No strings attached. No expectations.” – Suze Orman
- “Gentleness, self-sacrifice, and generosity are the exclusive possession of no one race or religion.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “If we are going to be kind, let it be out of simple generosity, not because we fear guilt or retribution.” – J.M. Coetzee
- “Generosity is the most natural outward expression of an inner attitude of compassion and loving-kindness.” – Dalai Lama
- “With gentleness, overcome anger. With generosity, overcome meanness. With truth. overcome delusion.” – The Buddha
- “Virtues, like viruses, have their seasons of contagion. When catastrophe strikes, generosity spikes like a fever.” – Nancy Gibbs
- “Generosity could be as contagious as the zombie plague as long as enough people were willing to be carriers.” – Jonathan Maberry
- “That’s what I consider true generosity: You give your all, and yet you always feel as if it costs you nothing.” – Simone de Beauvoir
- “Sustainability, ensuring the future of life on Earth, is an infinite game, the endless expression of generosity on behalf of all.” – Paul Hawken
- “He who gives what he would as readily throw away, gives without generosity; for the essence of generosity is in self-sacrifice.” – Henry Taylor
- “It wasn’t that he was specially ungenerous but that he put things off to give his generosity a longer and more significant route.” – Saul Bellow
- “If you are not generous when it’s difficult, you will not be generous when it’s easy. Generosity is a function of the heart, not the wallet.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Real generosity is anonymous to the extent that a man should be prepared even to be considered ungenerous rather than explain it to others.” – Idries Shah
- “Our only hope lies in the power of our love, generosity, tolerance and understanding and our commitment to making the world a better place for all.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Generosity is an activity that loosens us up. By offering whatever we can – a dollar, a flower, a word of encouragement – we are training in letting go.” – Pema Chodron
- “Be a warrior when it comes to delivering on your ambitions. And a saint when it comes to treating people with respect, modeling generosity, and showing up with outright love.”
- “There is overwhelming evidence that the higher the level of self-esteem, the more likely one will be to treat others with respect, kindness, and generosity.” – Nathaniel Branden
- “Goodness is about character – integrity, honesty, kindness, generosity, moral courage, and the like. More than anything else, it is about how we treat other people.” – Dennis Prager
- “Every minute of every hour of every day you are making the world just as you are making yourself, and you might as well do it with generosity and kindness and style.” – Rebecca Solnit
- “It takes generosity to discover the whole through others. If you realize you are only a violin, you can open yourself up to the world by playing your role in the concert.” – Jacques Yves Cousteau
- “In the end, maybe it’s wiser to surrender before the miraculous scope of human generosity and to just keep saying thank you, forever and sincerely, for as long as we have voices.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Some people are afraid of generosity. They feel they will be taken advantage of or oppressed. In cultivating generosity, we are only oppressing our greed and attachment. This allows our true nature to come out and become lighter and freer.” – Ajahn Chah
- “Generosity is luck going in the opposite direction, away from you. If you’re generous to someone, if you do something to help him out, you are in effect making him lucky. This is important. It’s like inviting yourself into a community of good fortune.” – Twyla Tharp
Kindness And Generosity Quotes From The Bible
- “A generous person will prosper.” – Proverbs 11:25
- “And as you wish that others would do to you, do so to them.” – Luke 6:31
- “Anxiety in a man’s heart weighs him down, but a good word makes him glad.” – Proverbs 12:25
- “Money is but one venue for generosity. Kindness is an even more valuable currency.” – Alan Cohen
- “Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the Lord, and he will repay him for his deed.” – Proverbs 19:17
- “It is well with the man who deals generously and lends; who conducts his affairs with justice.” – Psalms 112:5
- “And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up.” – Galatians 6:9
- “Give to everyone who begs from you, and from one who takes away your goods do not demand them back.” – Luke 6:30
- “Never worry about numbers. Help one person at a time and always start with the person nearest you.” – Mother Teresa
- “Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.” – Ephesians4:32
- “But I say to you who hear, love your enemies, do good to those who hate you, bless those who curse you, pray for those who abuse you.” – Luke 6:27
- “Therefore, as God’s chosen people, holy and dearly loved, clothe yourselves with compassion, kindness, humility, gentleness, and patience.” – Colossians 3:12
- “Put on then, as God’s chosen ones, holy and beloved, compassionate hearts, kindness, humility, meekness, and patience, bearing with one another…” – Colossians 3:12
Thankful For Generosity Quotes
Sometimes we come across some people who help us get out of a difficult situation. The help and support they extend may be their time, knowledge, guidance, money or support.
Also See: Good Thoughts For The Day
These thankful for your generosity messages and sayings are a great way to show your gratitude and appreciation for the generosity showered.
- “Thank you for your kindness, generosity, and compassion when I wasn’t at my best.” – Unknown
- “Kindness like yours can move mountains. Thank you for your supportive and loving heart.” – Unknown
- “Kindness may be blind but it is the most eye-opening feeling one can get. Thanks for being kind.” – Unknown
- “Thank you for being so kind, so patient, and so generous. You are a true friend and such a rare and beautiful soul.” – Unknown
- “Your kindness gave me strength when I really needed it. Thank you so much for being your kind and caring self.” – Unknown
- “For your thoughtfulness and generosity, from you I have learned much of life’s philosophy — Thank you sincerely.” – Unknown
- “A beautiful meadow at spring time, is what my life has become because of your kindness and generosity. Thank you!” – Unknown
- “Thank you for being a source of kindness. Your compassion, generosity, and strength have been such a comfort to our family.” – Unknown
- “When times are dark, your kindness and love are a light that guides me through. Thank you so much for your soft and devoted heart.” – Unknown
- “Being at the receiving end of your kindness has made me feel so humble, that I wish someday I can be at the giving end of kindness to others. Thank you for being so kind.” – Unknown
More Inspirational Quotes
Surround Yourself With Good People
We all have some great people in our lives with a good heart and soul who have a great role in shaping our personalities. These quotes about being a generous are inspiring and encouraging to be the best version of oneself.
You can express your respect and admiration with these quotes for all the good people like your mom, father, friends, siblings, who have inspired you with their goodness.
It is quite rightly quoted “You are not rich until you have a rich heart.” – Roy T Bennett. Having a big heart which is good enough for all is a virtue. People with good hearts are in the true sense the rich people!
If you like these quotes on generosity, then also check our collection of vegan quotes and kill them with kindness quotes to inspire you to be kind and positive in all situations.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom and share your feelings in words.
If we have missed some quotes, share it with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add it to the list.