85 Muhammad Ali Quotes – Words Of The Greatest Champion
Read the best Muhammad Ali quotes, sayings, and writings to give deep insight into life, faith, religion, love, truth, and other aspects.
Muhammad Ali, born Cassius Marcellus Clay Jr., is a legendary American boxer, philanthropist, and social activist. Widely regarded as one of the greatest boxers of all time.
Ali was known for his incredible athleticism, quick wit, and outspoken personality.
Ali won 56 of the 61 professional fights of his career. Across his 56 victories, he delivered 37 knockouts.
Over the course of his career, he became a cultural icon and a symbol of resistance against injustice and oppression.
His personality and charisma made him a beloved figure to many.
He was known for his witty remarks and powerful speeches, many of which have become iconic quotes that are still remembered today.
From his famous proclamation, “I am the greatest” to his inspiring words about perseverance and determination, Ali’s quotes continue to inspire people all around the world.
Ali’s legacy as a boxer and activist will continue to live on through his words and actions, inspiring generations to come.
These quotes demonstrate Ali’s philosophy of hard work, determination, and social justice.
They have inspired countless people to push themselves to be their best selves and to fight for what they believe in.
Top 10 Muhammad Ali Quotes To Live By
- “The critics only made me work harder.” – Muhammad Ali
- “What you are thinking is what you are becoming.” – Muhammad Ali
- “I’ve never let anyone talk me into not believing in myself.” – Muhammad Ali
- “My wealth is in my knowledge of self, love, and spirituality.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on earth.”
- “If my mind can conceive it, and my heart can believe it—then I can achieve it.”
- “Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee. The hands can’t hit what the eyes can’t see.”
- “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.” – Muhammad Ali
- “A man who views the world the same at 50 as he did at 20 has wasted 30 years of his life.”
- “You don’t lose if you get knocked down; you lose if you stay down.”
Best Quotes By Muhammad Ali About Life
These motivational quotes by Muhammad Ali have inspired countless individuals to keep pushing forward despite obstacles, and it serves as a reminder that resilience and perseverance are essential qualities for success in any field.
- “Superman don’t need no seat belt.” – Muhammad Ali
- “It’s not bragging if you can back it up.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Don’t count the days; make the days count.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Wisdom is knowing when you can’t be wise.” – Muhammad Ali
- “A man who has no imagination has no wings.” – Muhammad Ali
- “I am the greatest. I said that even before I knew I was.” – Muhammad Ali
- “You lose nothing when fighting for a cause.” – Muhammad Ali
- “It’s hard to be humble when you’re as great as I am.” ― Muhammad Ali
- “Silence is golden when you can’t think of a good answer.” – Muhammad Ali
- “There are more pleasant things to do than beat up people.” – Muhammad Ali
- “He who is not courageous enough to take risks will accomplish nothing in life.”
- “The greatest victory in life is to rise above the material things that we once valued most.”
- “I wish people would love everybody else the way they love me. It would be a better world.”
- “Friendship is a priceless gift that cannot be bought nor sold, but its value is far greater than a mountain made of gold.”
- “I hated every minute of training, but I said, ‘Don’t quit. Suffer now and live the rest of your life as a champion.” – Muhammad Ali
- “I am an ordinary man who worked hard to develop the talent I was given. I believed in myself, and I believe in the goodness of others.”
Famous Muhammad Ali Quotes To Inspire You
Nicknamed “The Greatest”, he is regarded as one of the most significant sports figures of the 20th century and is frequently ranked as the greatest heavyweight boxer of all time.
- “I shook up the world. Me!” – Muhammad Ali
- “You are as old as you think you are.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Old age is just a record of one’s whole life.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Jokes? There are no jokes. The truth is the funniest joke of all.” – Muhammad Ali
- “When you can whip any man in the world, you never know peace.” – Muhammad Ali
- “I should be a postage stamp. That’s the only way I’ll ever get licked.” – Muhammad Ali
- “It’s funny, but those who hate me the most sometimes inspire me the most.” – Muhammad Ali
- “We spend more time learning how to make a living than we do learning how to make a life.” – Muhammad Ali
- “To be able to give away riches is mandatory if you wish to possess them. This is the only way that you will be truly rich.” – Muhammad Ali
- “I don’t trust anyone who’s nice to me, but rude to a waiter because they would treat me the same if I were in that position.” – Muhammad Ali
- “I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.” – Muhammad Ali
- “I love children. I can never pass them by without saying something to them. They make you want to start life all over again.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Friendship… is not something you learn in school. But if you haven’t learned the meaning of friendship, you really haven’t learned anything.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they’ve been given than to explore the power they have to change it.” – Muhammad Ali
Muhammad Ali’s Quotes On Boxing & Fighting
- “We can’t be brave without fear.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Put yourself out on a limb, like me!” – Muhammad Ali
- “I know I can learn to hit without getting hit.” – Muhammad Ali
- “If you even dream of beating me, you’d better wake up and apologize.”
- “Too many easy victories can ruin a fighter just as much as a long line of defeats.”
- “To be a great champion you must believe you are the best. If not pretend you are.”
- “There are no pleasures in a fight, but some of my fights have been a pleasure to win.”
- “I know no fighter can survive the loss if he feels sorry for himself when he’s defeated.”
- “It’s lack of faith that makes people afraid of meeting challenges, and I believed in myself.
- “I don’t count my sit-ups; I only start counting when it starts hurting because they’re the only ones that count.” – Muhammad Ali
- “It takes pride and tiger’s drive to build up the confidence, the ego the power to defeat an opponent in the ring.” – Muhammad Ali
- “I calculate that I took 20,000 punches, but I earned millions and kept a lot of it. I may talk slow, but my mind is OK.” – Muhammad Ali
- “The fight is won or lost far away from witnesses—behind the lines, in the gym, and out there on the road, long before I dance under those lights.” – Muhammad Ali
- “I am the greatest. I said that even before I knew I was. I figured that if I said it enough, I would convince the world that I really was the greatest.” – Muhammad Ali
- “You don’t have to be in a boxing ring to be a great fighter. As long as you are true to yourself, you will succeed in your fight for that in which you believe.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Only a man who knows what it is like to be defeated can reach down to the bottom of his soul and come up with the extra ounce of power it takes to win when the match is even.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Champions aren’t made in gyms. Champions are made from something they have deep inside them—a desire, a dream, a vision. They have to have last-minute stamina, they have to be a little faster, and they have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.” – Muhammad Ali
The Wit and Wisdom of Muhammad Ali
- “What keeps me going is goals.” – Muhammad Ali
- “No one knows what to say in the loser’s locker room.” – Muhammad Ali
- “No one starts out on top. You have to work your way up.” – Muhammad Ali
- “My principles are more important than the money or my title.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Think well of all, be patient with all, and try to find the good in all.”
- “If they can make penicillin out of moldy bread, they can sure make something out of you.”
- “Recognize how every moment of our journey is an important part of the growth of our soul.”
- “Each time I thought I had achieved my ‘life’s purpose,’ I discovered it was only another step in my journey.”
- “Give up what appears to be doubtful for what is certain. Truth brings peace of mind, and deception doubt.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Others may know pleasure, but pleasure is not happiness. It has no more importance than a shadow following a man.” – Muhammad Ali
- “I’ve made my share of mistakes along the way, but if I have changed even one life for the better, I haven’t lived in vain.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Hating people because of their color is wrong. And it doesn’t matter which color does the hating. It’s just plain wrong.” – Muhammad Ali
- “When you win so long, so much, you forget — you think your name will win. You forget the sacrifices, the work that goes into winning.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Truly great people in history never wanted to be great for themselves. All they wanted was the chance to do good for others and be close to God.” – Muhammad Ali
- “I loved the smell of horse and hay and the sight of their beautiful bodies. Somehow it inspired me to train harder so my body could be in a condition like that.”
Muhammad Ali: A Champion of Words
- “Life is a gamble.” – Muhammad Ali
- “There is a science to making your opponent wear down.” – Muhammad Ali
- “I got speed and endurance. You’d better increase your insurance.” – Muhammad Ali
- “It takes a lot out of a fighter to throw punches that land in thin air.” – Muhammad Ali
- “My way of joking is to tell the truth. That’s the funniest joke in the world.”
- “When it comes to love, compassion, and other feelings of the heart, I am rich.”
- “The thing that matters is how you lose. I’m not crying. My friends should not cry.”
- “I learn to put my head within hitting range, force my opponent to throw blows, then learn back and away.” – Muhammad Ali
- “All I can do is fight for truth and justice. I can’t save anybody. He’s a science fiction character, and I’m a real character.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Impossible is not a fact. It’s an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It’s a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” – Muhammad Ali
Muhammad Ali’s Life And Facts
Ali’s legacy extends beyond the boxing ring. He was a vocal advocate for civil rights, racial equality, and religious freedom.
In 1960, 18-year-old Muhammad Ali traveled to Rome to represent the US in the boxing ring. He defeated all his opponents and won a gold medal.
He was the first boxer to win the world heavyweight title 3 times.
He famously refused to be drafted into the Vietnam War, citing his religious beliefs and opposition to the war.
This decision led to him being stripped of his boxing titles and suspended from boxing for three years.
However, he continued to speak out against racism and inequality, and eventually returned to the ring to reclaim his titles.
Muhammed Ali died on June 3, 2016, in Scottsdale, Arizona.
Muhammad Ali was not only one of the greatest boxers of all time, but he was also a renowned public figure who used his platform to spread messages of hope, inspiration, and social justice.
His uplifting quotes continue to inspire and motivate people around the world, and they carry a number of powerful messages.
Feel free to share these uplifting quotes with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Pinterest, and more.