Looking for inspirational quotes about community service to society and people? We have rounded up the best collection of community quotes, sayings, captions, status, (with images and pictures) to inspire you to show compassion and be giving for the greater good of people.
Community service is unpaid work performed by a person or group of people for the benefit and betterment of their community without any form of compensation as responsible citizens.
Also See: Giving Back Quotes
Giving back and assisting others is the basis of community service or volunteering. Thus, it teaches us how significant it is to help the ones in need, the ones who are less fortunate than us.
The importance of community service lies in the fact that it connects us to the community and people by supporting it, improving it, and making it a better place for all of us to live in.
Being nice to others, showing compassion, being humble, and helping others when they need it are all attributes of a generous person. A lot of people love living a life for the greater good of humanity.
These powerful quotes about community service will inspire students, kids, and people around to support each other and work together for the greater good of society.
When you give back, you’re able to better the lives of the people around you – your loved ones, friends, your community, or the lives of people somewhere else in the world.
Top 10 Quotes about Community
- “It is in community where we find our very selves.” – Chris Matakas
- “A sense of community strengthens people’s faith in humanity.” – Jessica Marie Baumgartner
- “Every community is called to be an instrument for the liberation and promotion of the poor.” – Jonathan Pryce
- “I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples.” – Mother Teresa
- “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
- “In our community, we have a duty to strengthen the weakest among us to build a better society.” – Bill Courtney
- “For a community to be whole and healthy, it must be based on people’s love and concern for each other.” – Millard Fuller
- “One of the most important things you can do on this earth is to let people know they are not alone.” – Shannon L. Alder
- He who wishes to secure the good of others, has already secured his own.” – Confucius
- “The greatness of a community is most accurately measured by the compassionate actions of its members.” – Coretta Scott King
- “Every successful individual knows that his or her achievement depends on a community of persons working together.” – Paul Ryan
- “If you knew what I know about the power of giving, you would not let a single meal pass without sharing it in some way.” – Buddha
- “I am of the opinion that my life belongs to the whole community and as long as I live, it is my privilege to do for it whatever I can. I want to be thoroughly used up when I die, for the harder I work the more I live.” – George Bernard Shaw
Best Community Quotes About Connection
- “All community is in some way imagined.” – Stan Grant
- “Alone, we can do so little; together, we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
- “Diversity: the art of thinking independently together.” – Malcolm Forbes
- “Every person is defined by the communities she belongs to.” – Orson Scott Card
- “The smallest act of kindness is worth more than the grandest intention.” – Oscar Wilde
- “No one is useless in this world who lightens the burdens of another.” – Charles Dickens
- “Community is about doing something together that makes belonging matter.” – Brian Solis
- “People are never truly alone or separate from community, and cannot be.” – Ichiro Kishimi
- “Small acts, when multiplied by millions of people, can transform the world.” – Howard Zinn
- “We were born to unite with our fellow men, and to join in community with the human race.” – Cicero
- “Knowledge is power, community is strength, and positive attitude is everything.” – Lance Armstrong
- “Ask not what your country can do for you, but what you can do for your country.” – John F. Kennedy
- “No man is an island, entire of itself; every man is a piece of the continent, a part of the main” – John Donne
- “The power of community to create health is far greater than any physician, clinic or hospital.” – Mark Hyman
- “The real community of man… is the community of those who seek the truth, of the potential knowers.” – Allan Bloom
- “The golden way is to be friends with the world and to regard the whole human family as one.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “The future of every community lies in capturing the passion, imagination, and resources of its people.” – Ernesto Sirolli
- “We can never get a re-creation of community and heal our society without giving our citizens a sense of belonging.” – Patch Adams
- “We have all known the long loneliness and we have learned that the only solution is love and that love comes with community.” – Dorothy Day
- “Leaders instill in their people a hope for success and a belief in themselves. Positive leaders empower people to accomplish their goals.” – Brian Tracy
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
- “A community best serves itself when it truly serves the awakening of the unique story trying to come to life through each person born.” – Michael Meade
- “Our generation has the ability and the responsibility to make our ever-more connected world a more hopeful, stable and peaceful place.” – Natalie Portman
- “An individual has not started living until he can rise above the narrow confines of his individualistic concerns to the broader concerns of all humanity.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Saints cannot exist without a community, as they require, like all of us, nurturance by a people who, while often unfaithful, preserve the habits necessary to learn the story of God.” – Stanley Hauerwas
- “What should young people do with their lives today? Many things, obviously. But the most daring thing is to create stable communities in which the terrible disease of loneliness can be cured.” – Kurt Vonnegut
- “Some people think they are in community, but they are only in proximity. True community requires commitment and openness. It is a willingness to extend yourself to encounter and know the other.” – David Spangler
- “We cannot seek achievement for ourselves and forget about progress and prosperity for our community… Our ambitions must be broad enough to include the aspirations and needs of others, for their sakes and for our own.” – Cesar Chavez
- “It is not more bigness that should be our goal. We must attempt, rather, to bring people back to the warmth of community, to the worth of individual effort and responsibility, and of individuals working together as a community, to better their lives and their children’s future.” – Robert F. Kennedy
- “One of the marvelous things about community is that it enables us to welcome and help people in a way we couldn’t as individuals. When we pool our strength and share the work and responsibility, we can welcome many people, even those in deep distress, and perhaps help them find self-confidence and inner healing.” – Jean Vanier
Inspirational Building A Community Quotes
Helping your community is an opportunity for you to grow as a person, to better understand how you fit into the world around you.
Also See: Helping Others Quotes
If is important to find a cause you love and volunteer your time to enrich the community. By dedicating to give back to the society, nature, and the world we help in bettering the world a better place to live in.
We get a lot of support and resources from nature, people around us, the society and it is our responsibility to do something for everyone by serving with a helping hand for causes that are meaningful.
- “Community is where humility and glory touch.” – Henri Nouwen
- “We should all exercise our gift to build community.” – Jean Vanier
- “Community makes us all. Secret society breaks us all.” – Abhi Raynott
- “By prayer, community is created as well as expressed.” – Henri Nouwen
- “Advocacy is empathy, compassion and community at work.” – Janna Cachola
- “No man can become rich without himself enriching others.” – Andrew Carnegie
- “Community is gathering around a fire and listening to someone tell a story.” – Bill Maher
- “There’s no greater dream better than the one that benefits a community.” – Kenneth Mahuka
- “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” – Mother Teresa
- “Wherever there is a human being, there is an opportunity for a kindness.” – Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “Christlikeness finds its fullest expression in community, collaboration, and collectivity.” – Daniel Becerra
- “I know there is strength in the differences between us. I know there is comfort, where we overlap.” – Ani DiFranco
- “Community is a context and can either facilitate or inhibit the movement of change for the individual.” – Sharon Weil
- “Isn’t it amazing that we are all made in God’s image, and yet there is so much diversity among his people?” – Desmond Tutu
- “Diversity is about all of us, and about us having to figure out how to walk through this world together.” – Jacqueline Woodson
- “Teaching kids how to feed themselves and how to live in a community responsibly is the center of an education.” – Alice Waters
- “The minute we become an integrated whole, we look through the same eyes and we see a whole different world together.” – Azizah Al-Hibri
- “Community means compatriot unity, Unity means undivided amity, Amity means affectionate sanity, Sanity means serene humanity.” – Abhijit Naskar
- “Diversity in the world is a basic characteristic of human society, and also the key condition for a lively and dynamic world as we see today.” – Jinato Hu
- “This country will not be a good place for any of us to live in unless we make it a good place for all of us to live in.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Human kindness has never weakened the stamina or softened the fiber of a free people. A nation does not have to be cruel to be tough.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “To build a perfect community, society or world. It all starts with you, your actions and how you behave. What you condone and disapprove of.” – De philosopher DJ Kyos
- “Society means community, society means unity, society means sacrifice – if these forces run through your body like blood, then only you are a human.” – Abhijit Naskar
- “This world of ours… must avoid becoming a community of dreadful fear and hate, and be, instead, a proud confederation of mutual trust and respect.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.” – Audrey Hepburn
- “We all should know that diversity makes for a rich tapestry, and we must understand that all the threads of the tapestry are equal in value no matter what their color.” – Maya Angelou
- “Striving to communicate with integrity, committing to seeing and being seen, is a slow art that requires vulnerability, brings dignity, and fosters healthy community.” – Ellie Roscher
- “To build community requires vigilant awareness of the work we must continually do to undermine all the socialization that leads us to behave in ways that perpetuate domination.” – Bell Hooks
- “Too often we underestimate the power of a touch, a smile, a kind word, a listening ear, an honest compliment, or the smallest act of caring, all of which have the potential to turn a life around.” – Leo Buscaglia
- “The world is so empty if one thinks only of mountains, rivers & cities; but to know someone who thinks & feels with us, & who, though distant, is close to us in spirit, this makes the earth for us an inhabited garden.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “If man is to survive, he will have learned to take a delight in the essential differences between men and between cultures. He will learn that differences in ideas and attitudes are a delight, part of life’s exciting variety, not something to fear.” – Gene Roddenberry
Famous Power Of Community Quotes
- “We don’t heal in isolation, but in community.” – S. Kelley Harrell
- “When the individual feels, the community reels.” – Aldous Huxley
- “Without a sense of caring, there can be no sense of community.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “A community is like a ship; everyone ought to be prepared to take the helm.” – Henrik Ibsen
- “The community protects and shares out of caring; love is never far away.” – Peter Abrahams
- “A community that is engaged and working together can be a powerful force.” – Idowu Koyenikan
- “Communication leads to community, that is, to understanding, intimacy and mutual valuing.” – Rollo May
- “Law; an ordinance of reason for the common good, made by him who has care of the community.” – Thomas Aquinas
- “There is no power for change greater than a community discovering what it cares about.” – Margaret J. Wheatley
- “There is immense power when a group of people with similar interests gets together to work toward the same goals.” – Idowu Koyenikan
- “The way to change the world is through individual responsibility and taking local action in your own community.” – Jeff Bridges
- “The community stagnates without the impulse of the individual; the impulse dies away without the sympathy of the community.” – William James
- “The greatest leader is not necessarily the one who does the greatest things. He is the one that gets the people to do the greatest things.” – Ronald Reagan
- “Where there is no community, trust, respect, and ethical behavior are difficult for the young to learn and for the old to maintain.” – Robert K. Greenleaf
- “We do not need magic to change the world, we carry all the power we need inside ourselves already: we have the power to imagine better.” – J.K. Rowling
- “In every community, there is work to be done. In every nation, there are wounds to heal. In every heart, there is the power to do it.” – Marianne Williamson
- “When individuals and communities do not govern self, they risk being ruled by external forces that care less about the well-being of the village.” – T.F. Hodge
- “We are not just a species, we are also a cause – the cause of community – the cause of dignity – the cause of sensibility – the cause of life, light and sanity.” – Abhijit Naskar
- “Healing is impossible in loneliness; it is the opposite of loneliness. Conviviality is healing. To be healed we must come with all the other creatures to the feast of Creation.” – Wendell Berry
- “A healthy social life is found only when, in the mirror of each soul, the whole community finds its reflection, and when, in the whole community, the virtue of each one is living.” – Rudolf Steiner
- “Community is composed of that which we don’t attempt to measure, for which we keep no record and ask no recompense. Most are things we cannot measure no matter how hard we try.” – Dee Hock
- “Community is a sign that love is possible in a materialistic world where people so often either ignore or fight each other. It is a sign that we don’t need a lot of money to be happy–in fact, the opposite.” – Jean Vanier
- “A growing community must integrate three elements: a life of silent prayer, a life of service and above all of listening to the poor, and a community life through which all its members can grow in their own gift.” – Jean Vanier
- “But many of us seek community solely to escape the fear of being alone. Knowing how to be solitary is central to the art of loving. When we can be alone, we can be with others without using them as a means of escape.” –Bell Hooks
- “It only takes one person to mobilize a community and inspire change. Even if you don’t feel like you have it in you, it’s in you. You have to believe in yourself. People will see your vision and passion and follow you.” – Teyonah Parris
- “When the highest value in a community is loyalty to the greater cause, meaning the continuity of the status quo, all means to this end are imbued with religious significance, and are thereby justified. “Hasidic Noir” – Pearl Abraham
- “As we search for a less extractive and polluting economic order, so that we may fit agriculture into the economy of a sustainable culture, community becomes the locus and metaphor for both agriculture and culture.” – Wes Jackson
- “The same process that makes AA so effective—the power of a group to teach individuals how to believe—happens whenever people come together to help one another change. Belief is easier when it occurs within a community.” – Charles Duhigg
- “If you are a leader or someone who works for the interest of a community, first make sure that you understand the interest of the people who make up that community. In this way, you will have a good chance of minimizing, perhaps, avoiding the us versus them mentality.” – Duop Chak Wuol
- “We need to bridge our sense of loneliness and disconnection with a sense of community and continuity even if we must manufacture it from our time on the Web and our use of calling cards to connect long distance. We must “log on” somewhere, and if it is only in cyberspace, that is still far better than nowhere at all.” – Julia Cameron
Quotes About Community Service
- “It’s easy to make a buck. It’s a lot tougher to make a difference.” – Tom Brokaw
- “Service to others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth.” – Muhammad Ali
- “The best way to find yourself is to lose yourself in the service of others.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It’s not.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” – Albert Einstein
- “You may be a savior for your community- it’s only a matter of synchronicity.” – Hrishikesh Agnihotri
- “If you think you are too small to be effective, you have never been in bed with a mosquito.” – Betty Reese
- “We cannot live only for ourselves. A thousand fibers connect us with our fellow men.” – Herman Melville
- “Life’s most persistent and urgent question is, ‘What are you doing for others?’” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “The true meaning of life is to plant trees under whose shade you do not expect to sit.” – Nelson Henderson
- “Volunteers don’t get paid, not because they’re worthless, but because they’re priceless.” – Sherry Anderson
- “Remember that the happiest people are not those getting more, but those giving more.” – H. Jackson Brown Jr.
- “How wonderful it is that nobody need wait a single moment before starting to improve the world.” – Anne Frank
- “The closest natural area to you is the wild, naturally intelligent biological community within you.” – Michael J. Cohen
- “Success isn’t about how much money you make; it’s about the difference you make in people’s lives.” – Michelle Obama
- “Empathy is the starting point for creating a community and taking action. It’s the impetus for creating change.” – Max Carver
- “The purpose of life is not to be happy, but to matter – to be productive, to be useful, to have it make some difference that you have lived at all.” – Leo Rosten
- “Many people are good at talking about what they are doing, but in fact do little. Others do a lot but don’t talk about it; they are the ones who make a community live.” – Jean Vanier
- “Without community service, we would not have a strong quality of life. It’s important to the person who serves as well as the recipient. It’s the way in which we ourselves grow and develop.” – Dorothy Height
- “I am a huge believer in giving back and helping out in the community and the world. Think globally, act locally I suppose. I believe that the measure of a person’s life is the affect they have on others.” – Steve Nash
- “The way you get meaning into your life is to devote yourself to loving others, devote yourself to your community around you, and devote yourself to creating something that gives you purpose and meaning.” – Mitch Albom
Community And Connection Quotes
- “Community is universal love.” – H. Marsh
- “Community is like a big family.” – Zygmunt Bauman
- “Strength lies in differences, not in similarities.” – Stephen R. Covey
- “If you support the community, they will support you.” – Jerry Greenfield
- “Pull up a chair. Take a taste. Come join us. Life is so endlessly delicious.” – Ruth Reichl
- “Community living is about having the same rights and choices as everyone else.” – Ari Neeman
- “A community needs a soul if it is to become a true home for human beings.” – Pope John Paul II
- “Quality of life actually begins at home – it’s in your street, around your community.” – Charles Kennedy
- “A community is made up of intimate relationships among diversified types of individuals.” – Carroll Quigley
- “Communities are not produced by sentiment or mere goodwill. They grow out of a shared struggle.” – Larry Harvey
- “The need for connection and community is primal, as fundamental as the need for air, water, and food.” – Dean Ornish
- “As the world community develops in peace, it will open up great untapped reservoirs in human nature.” – Emily Greene Balch
- “Giving connects two people, the giver and the receiver, and this connection gives birth to a new sense of belonging.” – Deepak Chopra
- “It is vain to talk of the interest of the community, without understanding what is the interest of the individual.” – Jeremy Bentham
- “Do not let where you come from define you, but never forget the values you learned from your close community.” – Anthony Carmona
- “When the people who support and are a part of your community, the community you have… that’s where all the best business happens.” – Chris Brogan
- “People will typically be more enthusiastic where they feel a sense of belonging and see themselves as part of a community than they will in a workplace in which each person is left to his own devices.” – Alfie Kohn
- “A true community is not just about being geographically close to someone or part of the same social web network. It’s about feeling connected and responsible for what happens. Humanity is our ultimate community, and everyone plays a crucial role.” – Yehuda Berg
- “We must become bigger than we have been: more courageous, greater in spirit, larger in outlook. We must become members of a new race, overcoming petty prejudice, owing our ultimate allegiance not to nations but to our fellow men within the human community.” – Haile Selassie
- “We are constituted so that simple acts of kindness, such as giving to charity or expressing gratitude, have a positive effect on our long-term moods. The key to the happy life, it seems, is the good life: a life with sustained relationships, challenging work, and connections to community.” – Paul Bloom
Serving others means doing something for the benefit and goodwill of another person or a community. When we serve, we bring value and meaning to others’ problems with a selfless motive.
It is doing things for the greater good and not just for yourself.
As quoted by Martin Luther King (MLK); “Everybody can be great because everybody can serve. You don’t have to have a college degree to serve. You don’t have to make your subject and your verb agree to serve. You only need a heart full of grace, a soul generated by love.”
These wise words of wisdom only emphasize that with love and a kind heart, we can do a lot of good for the people, community, and society as a whole to uplift them.
Also See: Serving Others Quotes
Famous leaders and personalities like Mahatma Gandhi, Mother Teresa, Albert Einstein, Buddha, and more have always said how important it is to serve others with a kind and compassionate heart.
When we serve others it brings joy, satisfaction, immense happiness, and a feeling of fulfillment to us also.
To impact someone positively on an emotional, spiritual, or financial level is a great feeling of adding value to another’s life.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom and share your feelings in words.
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.