70 Food For Thought Quotes For Your Intellectual Nourishment
Looking for food for thought saying? We have rounded up the best collection of food for thought quotes, captions, and status (with images and pictures) that are thought-provoking about life, relationships, love, and more.
The phrase ‘food for thought‘ is used when a person hears something that should be thought about or considered carefully.
They provide an intriguing perspective on life, love, success, and happiness. Whether you are feeling down or in need of some inspiration, these “food for thought” quotes are sure to give you a different perspective and help you to grow and evolve as a person.
Our minds need positivity, wisdom, hope, and belief to grow and nourish. These interesting and meaningful quotes are great to uplift your energy.
Also See: Thought Provoking Quotes
These insightful words of wisdom are by famous philosophers, authors, leaders, and spiritual gurus who throw light on different perspectives of life.
These uplifting quotes will make you think about the reality of life. A lot of these sayings are wise, clever, funny, witty, and will be relatable to you.
Top 10 Food For Thought Quotes
- “The high-minded man must care more for the truth than for what people think.” – Aristotle
- “How much more grievous are the consequences of anger than the causes of it.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “If you’re not failing every now and again, it’s a sign you’re not doing anything very innovative.” – Woody Allen
- “If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world.” – J.R.R. Tolkien
- “You are today where your thoughts have brought you; you will be tomorrow where your thoughts take you.” – James Allen
- “Tell me and I forget. Teach me and I remember. Involve me and I learn.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “If I had eight hours to chop down a tree, I’d spend six hours sharpening my axe.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “We delight in the beauty of the butterfly, but rarely admit the changes it has gone through to achieve that beauty.” – Maya Angelou
- “I’ve learned that people will forget what you said, people will forget what you did, but people will never forget how you made them feel.” – Maya Angelou
- “He who does not understand your silence will probably not understand your words.” – Elbert Hubbard
Best Food For Thought Sayings For Work
Deep philosophical quotes can change your point of view in life when you are depressed and need real motivation.
We can get inspired by the wise words about life by some of the greatest philosophers in history such as Plato, Socrates, Aristotle, Charles Bukowski, and others.
- “Nothing will work unless you do.” – Maya Angelou
- “Once you stop learning you start dying.” – Albert Einstein
- “Do not resist chances. Take them like vitamins.” – Unknown
- “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” – Aristotle
- “Sometimes you win, sometimes you learn.” – John C. Maxwell
- “What sculpture is to a block of marble, education is to the soul.” – Joseph Addison
- “If you don’t know where you’re going, you’ll end up somewhere else.” – Alfred Adler
- “Most of us are just about as happy as we make up our minds to be.” – William Adams
- “After a good dinner one can forgive anybody, even one’s own relatives.” – Oscar Wilde
- “We cannot hold a torch to light another’s path without brightening our own.” – Unknown
- “The only place where your dream becomes impossible is in your own thinking.” – Robert H Schuller
- “It is the mark of an educated mind to be able to entertain a thought without accepting it.” – Aristotle
- “We can complain because rose bushes have thorns, or rejoice because thorns have roses.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Be not afraid of life. Believe that life is worth living and your belief will help create the fact.” – James Truslow Adams
- “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain
Inspirational Food For Thought Quotations
These positive powerful quotes are great for students, workers, men, and women to give them a deeper and more meaningful perspective on love, success, change, strength, and courage in life.
If you like these intriguing quotes then also check out I Can And I Will Quotes and amazing hard hitting quotes to give you the motivation to overcome your struggles and be a winner.
- “All men by nature desire to know.” – Aristotle
- “Don’t trust what you see, even salt looks like sugar.” – Unknown
- “The only impossible journey is the one you never begin.” – Tony Robbins
- “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
- “We must interpret a bad temper as a sign of inferiority.” – Alfred Adler
- “Don’t be afraid to give up the good to go for the great.” – John D. Rockefeller
- “Dissimilarity of habit tends more than anything to destroy affection.”- Aristotle
- “Life shrinks or expands in proportion to one’s courage.” – Anaïs Nin
- “Life is too deep for words, so don’t try to describe it, just live it.” – C. S. Lewis
- “It isn’t the mountains ahead to climb that wear you out; it’s the pebble in your shoe.” – Muhammad Ali
- “There is a wisdom of the head, and… there is a wisdom of the heart.” – Charles Dickens
- “Worry is a total waste of time. It doesn’t change anything. All it does is steal your joy and keep you busy doing nothing.” – Unknown
- “If your actions inspire others to dream more, learn more, do more and become more, you are a leader.” – John Quincy Adams
- “The grand essentials to happiness in this life are something to do, something to love and something to hope for.” – Joseph Addison
- “Life is like a camera. You focus on what’s important, capture the good times, develop from the negative and if things don’t work out take another shot.” – Unknown
Food For Thought Sayings That Will Make You Think
The list is full of wise words of wisdom and valuable life lessons inspired by the philosophies of Buddha, Albert Einstein, Socrates, and Rumi that will help you in your personal and spiritual growth.
Also, read our post on 48 Laws of Power quotes and The Art Of War Quotes that will lead you to success.
- “There is no truth. There is only perception.” – Gustave Flaubert
- “Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” – Arthur Ashe
- “Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education.” – Victor Hugo
- “You can’t depend on your eyes when your imagination is out of focus.” – Mark Twain
- “If everything seems under control, you’re not going fast enough.” – Mario Andretti
- “Never let your sense of morals prevent you from doing what is right.” – Isaac Asimov
- “Don’t be pushed by your problems. Be led by your dreams.” –Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “We make a living by what we get, but we make a life by what we give.” – Winston Churchill
- “From what we get, we can make a living; what we give, however, makes a life.” – Arthur Ashe
- “Keep your face always toward the sunshine – and shadows will fall behind you.” – Walt Whitman
- “Indeed, man wishes to be happy even when he so lives as to make happiness impossible.” – Saint Augustine
- “Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.” – Saint Augustine
- “Life is not a matter of holding good cards, but of playing a poor hand well.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Sometimes the questions are complicated, and the answers are simple.”- Dr. Seuss
- “It is easier to build strong children than to repair broken men.” – Frederick Douglass
- “The truth is, everyone is going to hurt you. You just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley
“Food for thought” refers to ideas or concepts that stimulate intellectual or thought-provoking discussions. These quotes often challenge one’s beliefs, and perspective or offer a unique insight into a particular subject.
They are a source of inspiration, and motivation, and encourage reflection and introspection.
Some of these quotations are straightforward, others are philosophical, but all of them are designed to spark the imagination and expand our understanding of the world around us.
If you are motivated by these wise words of wisdom, feel free to share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
Don’t forget to read self-inspirational quotes and self-motivational quotes for daily positive reminders to start your day!
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.