45 It’s a Wonderful Life Quotes From The Classic Movie
We have rounded up the best collection of It’s a Wonderful Life quotes, sayings, lines, (with images and pictures) that will help you change your perspective on life and make you realize the importance of friends and family.
It’s A Wonderful Life is the most famous ‘Christmas movie’ of all time that has continued to inspire each holiday season for almost 75 years.
The classic movie is filled with valuable life lessons and offers wise words of wisdom for difficult times.
Also See: Wise Sayings About Life
It’s a Wonderful Life is produced and directed by Frank Capra in 1946. The film stars James Stewart as George Bailey, a man who has a lot of problems in his life and thinks of ending his life by jumping off a bridge on Christmas Eve.
Just then, George’s guardian angel, Clarence shows up and makes George realize how wonderful life truly is.
The Christmas fantasy drama is rewatched every year and gives a meaningful message to its audience for both adults and children.
The movie makes you understand how important it is to spend time with your family and friends, as mentioned in the movie by Clarence, “No man is a failure who has friends.”.
These wonderful quotes from it’s a wonderful life will inspire you to never lose hope and will lift your spirits, even if times are hard.
Don’t forget to check our collection of Maria Felix quotes and Percy Jackson quotes about love, family, God, and life that will inspire you
Top 10 It’s a Wonderful Life Quotes
- “I want to live again.” – George Bailey
- “What do you think I am, a dictionary?” – George Bailey
- “Remember, no man is a failure who has friends.” – Clarence
- “You look a little older without your clothes on.” – George Bailey
- “Look, we’re still in business! We’ve still got two bucks left!” – George Bailey
- “I’m a rich tourist today. How about driving me home in style?” – George Bailey
- “What’s a pretty girl like you doing marrying this two-headed brother of mine?” – George Bailey
- “You’ve been given a great gift, George, a chance to see what the world would be like without you.” – Clarance
- “You see George, you really had a wonderful life. Don’t you see what a mistake it would be to throw it away?” – Clarence
- “Strange, isn’t it? Each man’s life touches so many other lives. And when he isn’t around he leaves an awful hole, doesn’t he?” – Clarence
Inspirational It’s a Wonderful Life Quotes
It’s a Wonderful Life is an uplifting movie that delivers several life lessons. The movie is filled with romantic lines most of them are shared between George and Mary.
The movie inspires you to change your perspective towards life. Just like George, life may not be easy on you and you might get caught up with negative situations.
But the movie inspires you to never give up on life and see the positive aspects of life. It motivates you to see the brighter side of things.
The classic film reminds you that it is never too late to fulfil your dreams. Even if you haven’t achieved your dreams yet, never think that you cannot achieve them. The movie fills you with hope and belief.
- “I’ll give you the moon, Mary.” – George Bailey
- “And all’s fair in love and war.” – George Bailey
- “I wouldn’t live in it as a ghost.” – George Bailey
- “This is a very interesting situation!” – George Bailey
- “Isn’t it wonderful? I’m going to jail!” – George Bailey
- “I wish I had a million dollars…hot dog!” – George Bailey
- “A man doesn’t get in a situation like this every day.” – George Bailey
- “You call this a happy family? Why do we have to have all these kids?” – George Bailey
- “What is it you want, Mary? What do you want? You want the moon? Just say the word, and I’ll throw a lasso around it and pull it down.” – George Bailey
- “You sit around here and you spin your little webs and you think the whole world revolves around you and your money. Well, it doesn’t, Mr. Potter. In the whole vast configuration of things, I’d say you were nothing but a scurvy little spider!” – George Bailey
Famous Quotes From It’s a Wonderful Life
It’s a Wonderful Life an old classic that never is out of date, most suitable for all ages.
It is such a powerful film because of its strong message that it asks us to define ourselves not through riches and materialistic gains, but through a wealth of character, to add meaning and worth to our lives.
- “Hey, you’re wonderful!” – George Bailey
- “No, we don’t use money in Heaven.” – Clarence
- “Youth is wasted on the wrong people.” – Man on the Porch
- “Every time a bell rings, an angel gets his wings.” – Zuzu Bailey
- “It’s deep in the race for a man to want his own roof and walls and fireplace.” – Pa Bailey
- “Every time you hear a bell ring, it means that some angel’s just got his wings.” – Clarence
- “I know what I’m gonna do tomorrow, and the next day, and next year, and the year after that.” – George Bailey
- “George, I am an old man and most people hate me. But I don’t like them either, so that makes it all even.” – Mr. Potter
- “Dear Father in Heaven, I’m not a praying man, but if you’re up there and you can hear me, show me the way.” – George Bailey
- “I couldn’t face being cooped up for the rest of my life in a shabby little office. Oh, I’m sorry Pop, I didn’t mean that, but it’s this business of nickels and dimes and spending all your life trying to figure out how to save three cents on a length of pipe. I’d go crazy. I want to do something big and something important.” – George Bailey
Best It’s a Wonderful Life Quotes From The Iconic Movie
- “Oh, hot dog.” – George Bailey
“Well, I’ve got eyes haven’t I?” – Ma Bailey
“A pox upon me for a clumsy lout.” – George Bailey
“They’re cheering us. We must be good.” – George Bailey
“Me? Not a thing. I just came in to get warm.” – George Bailey
“But ideals without common sense can ruin this town.” – Mr. Potter
“I’ve been saving this money for a divorce, if ever I get a husband.” – Annie
“I think I got a date. But, uh, stick around fellows, just in case.” – Violet Bick
“Why don’t you kiss her instead of talking her to death.” – Man on the Porch
“This old thing? Why, I only wear it when I don’t care how I look.” – Violet Bick
“You know what the three most exciting sounds in the world are?” – George Bailey
“Mary Hatch, why in the world did you ever marry a guy like me?” – George Bailey
“If it wasn’t me talking, I’d say you were the prettiest girl in town.” – George Bailey
“Remember the night we broke some windows in this old house? This is what I wished for.” – Mary Bailey
“George Bailey, whose ship has just come in. Provided he has enough brains to climb aboard.” – Mr. Potter
Although the main character, George Bailey, goes through a crisis, he’s reminded of the importance of family, love, and friendship. Another reason why the film is so iconic: it’s one of the first films to highlight male mental health.
Which is your favorite It’s A Wonderful Life line? If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more.