Looking for inspirational quotes on the power of tongue? We have got you the best collection of power of the tongue quotes, sayings, proverbs, captions, and status messages, (with images and pictures) to inspire you to use your words wisely.
Words are powerful, and they have a strong impact on others. We can use it in a positive or negative way to impact others. Our thoughts and feelings are expressed through words. What we say and how we say can make a big difference.
If you are kind and chose your words wisely then you can always make others happier and leave them on a positive note. Similarly when we use our tongue to vent out anger, ego, complains, etc. then we leave the other person on a negative vibe.
Sometimes words can be very hurting and leave a scar on other’s mind and heart. It’s not easy to forget what was said.
Also See: Quotes About Power Of Words
So always control your anger and never speak words which might hurt others. Words have the power to make or break, so always be thoughtful before speaking.
Proverbs 18:21 puts it this way: “The tongue has the power of life and death.” The stakes are high. Your words can either speak life, or your words can speak death. Our tongues can build others up, or they can tear them down. An unchecked fire doubles in size every minute.
We have divided these inspirational quotes on tongue into these sections;
- Best Power Of The Tongue Quotes
- Famous Power In The Tongue Quotes
Best Power Of The Tongue Quotes
- “The quieter you become, the more you can hear.”
- “The tongue has the power of life and death.” – Solomon
- “A still tongue makes a happy life.” – Patrick McGoohan
- “The power of life and deaths is in the tongue.” – Robert Pitts
- “Death and life are in the power of the tongue.” – Proverbs 18:21 (Bible Verse)
- “Half of a person’s beauty comes from their tongue.” – Anonymous
- “If you mean to guard your heart, first learn to befriend your tongue.”
- “Talk with your mind before you talk with your tongue.” – Anonymous
- “The tongue like a sharp knife…. Kills without drawing blood.” – Buddha
- “Be mindful of your words. They can either heal or hurt with lasting effects.” – Unknown
- “A person’s tongue can give you a taste of his heart.” – Ibn Qayyim al-Jawziyya
- “The tongue is a small thing, but what enormous damage it can do.” – Anonymous
- “As a rudder steers a ship, the tongue steers your life. Watch your words.” – Anonymous
- “Words kill, words give life; they’re either poison or fruit – you choose.” – Proverbs 18:21
- “The tongue has no bones but is strong enough to break a heart. So be careful with your words.” ― Irina Swart
- “The clean tongue, the clear head, and the bright eye are birthrights of each day.” – William Osler
- “The human tongue is like wasabi: it’s very powerful, and should be used sparingly.” – John Green
- “Control your tongue. Think before you speak. You may not be able to take it back.” – Anonymous
- “The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.” – Proverbs 18:21
- “There is one whose rash words are like sword thrusts, but the tongue of the wise brings healing.” – Proverbs 12:18
- “You can change your world by changing your words. Remember, death and life are in the power of the tongue.” – Joel Osteen
- “Think twice before you speak, because your words and influence will plant the seed of either success or failure in the mind of another.”
- “We need to think of our tongue as a messenger that runs errands for our heart. Our words reveal our character.” – Chuck Swindoll
- “First thing you’re going to have to know in order to be a person of faith and power is that words govern everything.” – Kenneth Copeland
- “The tongue is but a small, soft flesh. Yet it is capable of breaking the strongest bonds and destroying the most powerful of relationships.” – Yasir Qadhi
- “Don’t mix bad words with your bad mood. You’ll have many opportunities to change a mood, but you’ll never get the opportunity to replace the words you spoke.”
- “You will have to live with the consequences of everything you say. What you say can preserve life or destroy it; so you must accept the consequences of your words.”
- “The tongue by itself has no power, but the entirely of its power is vested in the words which the tongue speaks. A huge power of human life has been placed within the power of the tongue.” – Proverbs 18:21
- “Watch your thoughts; they become words. Watch your words; they become actions. Watch your actions; they become habits. Watch your habits; they become character. Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.”
- “Stop saying, “I’m broke, I can’t do it. No one cares or loves me.” The power of the tongue speaks life or death! Re-condition your mind to think and believe positively about everything in your life and watch things turn around.” – RSWY
Famous Power In The Tongue Quotes
Your words can be damaging or helpful to others. Words spoken can be forgiven but not forgotten, so we should be wise enough to think before we speak.
These famous quotes from novels, literary quotes, by famous authors, writers, celebrities and leaders are thought-provoking and insightful about love and life.
These encouraging power of words quotes will help to be more careful and intelligent in choosing what to say.
- “Before the tongue can speak, it must have lost the power to wound.” – Peace Pilgrim
- “By my soul I swear, there is no power in the tongue of man to alter me.” – William Shakespeare
- “The power of life and death lies in the use of the tongue. Be careful of your words.” – Lailah Gifty Akita
- “God’s word released through our tongue will cause His power to manifest in our lives.” – Hakeem Collins
- “Pick your words carefully as it has the power to make the sentence beautiful or ugly …” – Adil Adam Memon
- “I have healed the sick by the power of the God. I have spoken with the gift of tongues.” – Clayton Christensen
- “The Word of God conceived in the heart, formed by the tongue, and spoken out of the mouth is creative power.” – Charles Capps
- “The tongue never rests. It speaks even when we sleep. It speaks through the mind even when the mouth keeps shut.” – Ernest Agyemang Yeboah
- “You don’t need to kill with a sword, the tongue can do equally a better job and police will not knock on your door.” – Bangambiki Habyarimana
- “Think before you speak. Your own words can cure or curse you. The power in your tongue can spill blessings or lessons.” – Bianca McCormick-Johnson
- “Oh, the positive power of an instructed tongue! How many weary people do we encounter day after day who could use a sustaining word?” – Beth Moore
- “As to the power which money gives, it is that of brute force, it is the power of the bludgeon and the bayonet, and of the bribed press, tongue and pen.” – William Cobbett
- “But the human tongue is a beast that few can master. It strains constantly to break out of its cage, and if it is not tamed, it will tun wild and cause you grief.” – Robert Greene
- “O call not me to justify the wrong, That thy unkindness lays upon my heart, Wound me not with thine eye but with thy tongue, Use power with power, and slay me not by art…” – William Shakespeare
- “The power of speech is one of the greatest powers God has given us. With the tongue, man can praise God, pray, preach the Word, and lead the lost to Christ. What a privilege!” – Warren W. Wiersbe
- “Among a man’s many good possessions, A good command of speech has no equal. Prosperity and ruin issue from the power of the tongue. Therefore, guard yourself against thoughtless speech.” – Thiruvalluvar
- “I am going to say something that will knock your lights off. God has the power to take life but he can’t. He’s got the power to do it but he won’t. He’s bound, he can’t. He says, “Death and life are in the power” of whose tongue? Yours.” – Jesse Duplantis
- “The tongue of man is powerful enough to render the ideas which the human intellect conceives; but in the realm of true and deep sentiments it is but a weak interpreter. These are inexpressible, like the endless glory of the Omnipotent.” – Lajos Kossuth
- “You are a word doctor. Repair the breaches of the soul. Rebuild the broken walls of the personality. Comfort those who have lost their hearts. Speak words that contain life, power, and health. Use your tongue as a weapon to destroy the mental strongholds in people’s lives.” – Ivan Tait
- “I think that you are what you speak a lot of times, and there’s power in the tongue. I feel sorry for the people who always have something negative to say. If something happens bad in my day, I don’t tweet about it – I pray about it, or talk to my husband about it or my mother about it, and get it off of me and move on.” – Monica Denise Brown
Not only to others, it is also very important what words we utter to ourselves. We should always think and say positive things and instill hope and belief in ourselves. Using positive words helps us to inspire ourselves and people around us.
If you have some of your favorite quotes which are not included in the above list, please share in the comments section below and we will love to add it to the list.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter and more to motivate them every morning.