Robin Williams, the legendary American actor and comedian known for his remarkable talent and versatile acting abilities. Explore the best collection of Robin Williams quotes that will touch your heart with laughter and life lessons.
He had a remarkable ability to find humor in the mundane and use it to connect with people from all walks of life.
His quotes reflect the idea that laughter transcends boundaries, making it a universal language that unites people in their shared experiences.
Tragically, he battled depression and anxiety for many years, and his death in 2014 was attributed to suicide.
His passing was met with an outpouring of grief from fans and fellow actors, as he left a lasting legacy in the world of entertainment. Williams will always be remembered as one of the most iconic and beloved figures in the industry who made people laugh their hearts out.
Discover his take on life, creativity, human nature, and the power of laughter, which continue to inspire and resonate with people of all ages.
Top 10 Robin Williams Quotes
- “There are no rules. Just follow your heart.” — Robin Williams
- “Spring is nature’s way of saying, ‘Let’s party!’” — Robin Williams
- “All it takes is a beautiful fake smile to hide an injured soul.” — Robin Williams
- “Imagining something is better than remembering something.” — Robin Williams
- “You’re only given a little spark of madness. You mustn’t lose it.” — Robin Williams
- “No matter what people tell you, words and ideas can change the world.” — Robin Williams
- “Stop being afraid of getting older. With age comes wisdom and confidence.” — Robin Williams
- “Everyone you meet is fighting a battle you know nothing about. Be kind. Always.” — Robin Williams
- “To be free. Such a thing would be greater than all the magic and all the treasures in all the world.” — Robin Williams
- “I think the saddest people always try their hardest to make people happy. Because they know what it feels like to feel absolutely worthless and they don’t want anybody else to feel like that.” — Robin Williams
Best Quotes By Robin Williams
- “Comedy is acting out optimism.” — Robin Williams
- “For a while you get mad, then you get over it.” — Robin Williams
- “Nobody takes a picture of something they want to forget.” — Robin Williams
- “The things we fear the most have already happened to us.” — Robin Williams
- “Sometimes you got to specifically go out of your way to get into trouble. It’s called fun.” — Robin Williams
- “Self-reliance is the key to a vigorous life. A man must look inward to find his own answers.” — Robin Williams
- “You will have bad times, but they will always wake you up to the stuff you weren’t paying attention to.” — Robin Williams
- “I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is end up with people that make you feel all alone.” — Robin Williams
- “Don’t associate yourself with toxic people. It’s better to be alone and love yourself than surrounded by people that make you hate yourself.” — Robin Williams
- “Change is not popular; we are creatures of habit as human beings. ‘I want it to be the way it was.’ But if you continue the way it was there will be no ‘is.’” — Robin Williams
- “If you’re that depressed, reach out to someone, and remember, suicide is a permanent solution to temporary problems.” — Robin Williams (As Lance Clayton in World’s Greatest Dad)
Funny Robin Williams Quotes
- “The only weapon we have is the comedy.” — Robin Williams
- “Why do they call it rush hour when nothing moves?” — Robin Williams
- “What’s right is what’s left if you do everything else wrong.” — Robin Williams
- “Reality is just a crutch for people who can’t handle drugs.” ― Robin Williams
- “Time is the best teacher, unfortunately, it kills all of its students.” — Robin Williams
- “Good people end up in Hell because they can’t forgive themselves.” — Robin Williams
- “Never pick a fight with an ugly person, they’ve got nothing to lose.” — Robin Williams
- “If heaven exists, to know that there are laughs, that would be a great thing.” — Robin Williams
- “Divorce is expensive. I used to joke they were going to call it ‘all the money’ but they changed it to alimony.” — Robin Williams
- “There are three things in this world that you need: Respect for all kinds of life, a nice bowel movement on a regular basis, and a navy blazer.” — Robin Williams
Robin Williams Quotes On Love
- “A human life is just a heartbeat in heaven.” — Robin Williams
- “There’s a world out there. Open a window, and it’s there.” — Robin Williams
- “Comedy can be a cathartic way to deal with personal trauma.” — Robin Williams
- “Real loss is only possible when you love something more than you love yourself.” — Robin Williams
- “As an alcoholic, you will violate your standards quicker than you can lower them.” — Robin Williams
- “But only in their dreams can men be truly free. It was always thus and always thus will be.” — Robin Williams
- “But if there’s love, dear, those are the ties that bind, and you’ll have a family in your heart, forever.” — Robin Williams
- “A hungry stomach, an empty wallet and a broken heart can teach you the best lessons of life.” — Robin Williams
- “I do believe in love; it’s wonderful—especially love third time around, it’s even more precious; it’s kind of amazing.” — Robin Williams
- “You don’t know about real loss because it only occurs when you’ve loved something more than you love yourself.” — Robin Williams
Robin Williams Quotes On Life
- “Death is nature’s way of saying, ‘Your table is ready.’” — Robin Williams
- “Marriage is a triumph of imagination over intelligence.” — Robin Williams
- “Death–to blink for an exceptionally long period of time.” — Robin Williams
- “Our job is improving the quality of life, not just delaying death.” — Robin Williams
- “I stand upon my desk to remind myself that we must constantly look at things in a different way.” — Robin Williams
- “Sometimes you can have a whole lifetime in a day and never notice that this is a beautiful as it gets.” — Robin Williams
- “Seize the day. Because, believe it or not, each and every one of us in this room is one day going to stop breathing.” — Robin Williams
- “Please, don’t worry so much. Because in the end none of us have very long on this earth. Life is fleeting. And if you’re ever distressed, cast your eyes to the summer sky.” — Robin Williams
- “Age makes you more confident. When you realize that it’s time now to just do things. When there’s not the pressure to perform on some level of expectations, there’s more to just explore.” — Robin Williams
Inspirational Robin Williams Quotes
- “There’s no shame in failing. The only shame is not giving things your best shot.” — Robin Williams
- “Crying never helped anybody do anything, okay? You have a problem you face it like a man.” — Robin Williams
- “Never say goodbye because saying goodbye means going away, and going away means forgetting.” — Robin Williams
- “There is still a lot to learn and there is always great stuff out there. Even mistakes can be wonderful.” — Robin Williams
- “You must strive to find your own voice because the longer you wait to begin, the less likely you are to find it at all.” — Robin Williams
- “I try to make sense of things. Which is why, I guess, I believe in destiny. There must be a reason that I am as I am. There must be.” — Robin Williams
- “You know what music is? God’s little reminder that there’s something else besides us in this universe; harmonic connection between all living beings, everywhere, even the stars.” — Robin Williams
- “I always thought the idea of education was to learn to think for yourself.” — Robin Williams
- “Some are born great. Some achieve greatness. Some get it as a graduation gift.” — Robin Williams
- “Most of all, I want to thank my father, up there, the man who when I said I wanted to be an actor, he said, “Wonderful. Just have a back-up profession like welding.” — Robin Williams
More About Robin William’s Life
He was born on July 21, 1951, in Chicago, Illinois, and he received numerous awards throughout his career, including an Academy Award for his supporting role in “Good Will Hunting.”
He was popularly known for his quick wit and improvisational skills. Williams’ filmography is extensive and includes classics like “Dead Poets Society,” “Mrs. Doubtfire,” “Aladdin,” “Good Morning, Vietnam,” and “Patch Adams,” among many others.
His extraordinary work brought joy and laughter to countless people, making him a cherished figure in the world of entertainment.
On August 11, 2014, the world was deeply saddened by the unexpected loss of Robin Williams, a comedic genius and an Academy Award-winning actor.
So, feel free to share these amazing quotes by Robin Williams, with friends and family on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more to spread positive vibes.