60 Can’t Sleep Quotes For Your Sleepless Nights (Insomnia)
Sharing with you the most famous and amazing I Can’t Sleep quotes, sayings, and captions (with images and pictures) that you might relate to if you are an insomniac.
You can use these relatable quotes as status messages for your Instagram posts or Facebook when you are up at night.
Sleepless nights are often scary and a pain! Sleep is such a significant part of our daily routine, study shows that sleep deprivation may create difficulties in our daily functioning.
It’s a state of mind which is very difficult to express. Being wide awake when the whole world is sleeping fills your mind with countless thoughts.
Sad feelings may sink deep down in your heart and you may slip into depression.
Also See: Overthinking Quotes
For many of us, getting a good night’s sleep can be a challenge. Insomnia, anxiety, and other factors can all contribute to a restless night, leaving us feeling tired and irritable the next day.
Also See: 3 AM Thoughts
If you are lonely or your loved one not talking to you, these things might make you an insomniac.
Being awake at 2 Pm can be boring, and annoying and fill you with frustration when this happens every night. Overthinking, pain, and heartbreaks, are one of the main reasons people are awake and stressed.
Top 10 Can’t Sleep Quotes For Restless Nights
- “Sleep is such a luxury, which I can’t afford.” ― Unknown
- “Sleeplessness is a desert without vegetation or inhabitants.” ― Jessamyn West
- “Life is something that happens when you can’t get to sleep.” ― Fran Lebowitz
- “Sleeping is so hard when you can’t stop thinking about someone.” ― Unknown
- “Every closed eye is not sleeping, and every open eye is not seeing.” ― Bill Cosby
- “The night is the hardest time to be alive and 4 am knows all my secrets.” ― Unknown
- “I can’t go to sleep. You will always be on my mind, even if you are not with me.” ― Unknown
- “Thinking of you keeps me awake, and dreaming of you keeps me asleep.” ― Unknown
- “A ruffled mind makes a restless pillow.” – Charlotte Brontë
- “The only time I have problems is when I sleep.” – Tupac Shakur
- “Life is something that happens when you can’t get to sleep.” – Fran Lebowitz
- “There is a time for many words, and there is also a time for sleep.” – Homer
- “I only sleep with people I love, which is why I have insomnia.” – Emilie Autumn
- “Sleeplessness is a desert without vegetation or inhabitants.” – Jessamyn West
- “The best bridge between despair and hope is a good night’s sleep.” – E. Joseph Cossman
Deep Can’t Sleep At Night Quotes About Insomnia
When you feel depressed and demotivated in life, you tend to get upset and get sleepless nights. At times, it happens when you can’t sleep the whole night or wake up at midnight in anxiety.
You are just stuck on your bed but can’t sleep. A sleep disorder might happen because of your daily busy routine or restlessness.
- “The worst thing in the world is to try to sleep and not to.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “Man should forget his anger before he lies down to sleep.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Legend says, when you can’t sleep at night, it’s because you’re awake in someone else’s dream.”
- “I think sleep’s really important. I value it as much as waking up and having a full day.” – Jena Malone
- “I sleep and sleep and sleep, yet I still have an unquenchable thirst for it.” – Maria Elena
- “The last refuge of the insomniac is a sense of superiority to the sleeping world.” – Leonard Cohen
- “There are times when the bed is the only place on earth where peace is to be had.” – Richard Llewellyn
- “If you can’t sleep, then get up and do something instead of lying there and worrying. It’s the worry that gets you, not the loss of sleep.” – Dale Carnegie
- “There are twelve hours in the day, and above fifty in the night.” – Marie de Rabutin-Chantal
- “The hardest thing is to go to sleep at night when there are so many urgent things needing to be done.” – Donald Knuth
- “Why can I never go back to bed? Whose is the voice ringing in my head? Where is the sense in these desperate dreams? Why should I wake when I’m half past dead?” – Emilie Autumn.
- “Insomnia is a gross feeder. It will nourish itself on any kind of thinking, including thinking about not thinking.” – Clifton Fadiman
No Sleep Quotes & Captions For Instagram
These captions about being awake at late night speak about the frustration and helplessness that can come with lying awake in bed, unable to quiet the mind and drift off to sleep.
- “Error 404 sleep not found.”
- “Dear brain, please shut up.”
- 4AM: Knows all my secrets.
- Just another sleepless night.
- Can’t sleep – thinking of you.
- My no sleep game is too strong.
- “Insomnia strikes again.”
- Keep calm and enjoy no sleep.
- My talent: Not sleeping at night.
- Due to unfortunate circumstances, I am awake.
I Can’t Sleep Quotes For Sleepless Nights
Many writers and thinkers throughout history have reflected on the importance of sleep and the difficulties of achieving it.
Some have offered insights and advice to help us overcome sleeplessness, while others have simply acknowledged the struggle.
- “Dear Mind: Please stop thinking at night, I need to sleep.” — Unknown
- “I want to sleep but my brain won’t stop talking to itself.” — Unknown
- “You can’t sleep when your heart is at war with your mind.” — Unknown
- “My eyelids are heavy, but my thoughts are heavier.” — Unknown
- “I knew this feeling, the 2 a.m. loneliness that I’d practically invented.” – Sarah Dessen
- “I find the nights long, for I sleep but little, and think much.”― Charles Dickens
- “It is a special kind of homelessness to be evicted from your dreams. – Karen Russell
- “Between midnight and the morning: on a given day, that’s the hardest stretch of time to fill.”― Luis Joaquin M Katigbak
- “When you have insomnia, you’re never really asleep, and you’re never really awake.” – From the movie Fight Club, based on the novel by Chuck Palahniuk
Funny Can’t Sleep Quotes
- “That moment when you wish you could just sleep.” — Unknown
- “I’m an insomniac. My mind works the night shift.” — Unknown
- “Insomnia is very common. Try not to lose any sleep over it.” — Unknown
- “Dear Insomnia…I think we really need to break-up. I don’t love you anymore.” — Unknown
- “Dear Mind, please stop thinking so much at night, I need sleep.” — Unknown
- “Nothing cures insomnia like the realization that it’s time to get up.”— Unknown
- “My day starts backwards … I wake up tired and go to bed wide awake.” — Unknown
- “I’m an insomniac, my mind works the night shift.” – Pete Wentz, Gray
- Dear 3 AM, We have got to stop meeting this way. I’d much rather sleep with you. — Unknown
Funny I Can’t Sleep Quotes and Sayings
Romantic I Can’t Sleep Quotes and Images
HOW TO DEAL WITH SLEEPLESSNESS?
If you are dealing with acute insomnia with underlying medical reasons, then it is best to consult a physician/doctor to cure it.
Random thoughts of worry, regrets, depression, anxiety, and heartbreaks, can cause insomnia.
Being awake all night can drain off your energies and can make you irritable, restless, and cranky. So a well-rested body and mind are very important to function effectively in daily life.
Try and be calm before you go to bed. Put your thoughts and stress at rest and try to sleep better.
Insomnia is totally curable with healthy habits, yoga, meditation, and medications, so try and address it at the earliest.
These quotes demonstrate the universality of the struggle to get a good night’s sleep and the importance of acknowledging and addressing this issue for our overall health and well-being.
Also check out our post on me time quotes and self-care quotes which will inspire you to have more mental clarity, and focus, and give up the habit of overthinking.
If you like these can’t sleep quotes then express your feelings and state of mind and share these with your friends through Instagram, Facebook, Tumblr, or other social media platforms to inspire them as well.