90 Meditation Quotes For Inner Peace & Calm Mind (Relax)
Looking for some inspirational quotes about meditating? I’ve got the best collection of meditation quotes, sayings, and captions, (with images and pictures) to start your morning peacefully and explore your journey within.
Meditation is a practice that has been used for centuries to calm the mind, reduce stress and improve mental clarity.
It is a form of self-reflection and introspection that can be performed by anyone, regardless of religion, culture, or background.
Meditation can be practiced in a variety of ways, including mindfulness meditation, mantra meditation, and guided meditation. The goal of meditation is to quiet the mind and create a sense of inner peace and balance.
Uplifting Meditation quotes can provide inspiration and guidance for those who are new to the practice or seeking to deepen their meditation practice.
Also See: Serenity Quotes
Many of these quotes about meditation come from revered spiritual leaders, philosophers, and mindfulness experts who have dedicated their lives to the study and practice of meditation.
They offer insights into the nature of the mind and the power of meditation to bring peace, tranquility, and clarity to our lives.
If you like these insightful quotes then also read mindfulness quotes and enlightenment quotes for spiritual awakening.
Top 10 Meditation Quotes To Calm Your Mind
- “Meditation is the best key for relaxation of brain.”
- “That’s an essential survival thing.” ― Jerry Seinfeld
- “Meditation is being in tune with our inner universe.” ― Unknown
- “When you own your breath, nobody can steal your peace.” ― Unknown
- “Meditation is the journey to happiness.” ― Frederick Lenz
- “Meditation is the soul’s perspective glass.” ― Owen Feltham
- “Nature does not hurry, yet everything is accomplished.” ― Lao Tzu
- “Quiet the mind, and the soul will speak.” ― Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
- “Meditation is all about connecting with your soul.” ― Deepak Chopra
- “I have lived with several Zen masters – all of them cats.” ― Eckhart Tolle
Best Meditation Quotes To Find Inner Peace
- “Meditation is the key to inner peace.” – Unknown
- “Meditation applies the brakes to the mind.” – Rama Maharshi
- “Meditation is bringing the mind home.” – Sogyal Rinpoche
- “Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom.” ― James Allen
- “The best way to meditate is through meditation itself.” ― Ramana Maharshi
- “The thing about meditation is: You become more and more you.” ― David Lynch
- “Meditation and concentration are the way to a life of serenity.” ― Baba Ram Dass
- “Meditation is not evasion; it is a serene encounter with reality.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Meditation means dissolving the invisible walls that unawareness has built.” ― Sadhguru
- “Meditation is a way for nourishing and blossoming the divine within you.” ― Amit Ray
- “The goal of meditation isn’t to control your thoughts, it’s to stop letting them control you.”
- “Your calm mind is the ultimate weapon against your challenges. So relax.” ― Bryant McGill
- “The best meditation is effortless. The best meditation is a gentle awareness.” ― Maxime Lagacé
- “Where there is peace and meditation, there is neither anxiety nor doubt.” ― St. Francis de Sales
- “Meditation is a vital way to purify and quiet the mind, thus rejuvenating the body.” ― Deepak Chopra
- “Nowhere can man find a quieter or more untroubled retreat than in his own soul.” ― Marcus Aurelius
- “Your heart is the size of an ocean. Go find yourself in its hidden depths.” ― Rumi
- “Do not dwell in the past, do not dream of the future, concentrate the mind on the present moment.” ― Buddha
- “Whatever is fluid, soft, and yielding will overcome whatever is rigid and hard. What is soft is strong.” ― Lao Tzu
- “If you know how to worry, you know how to meditate. It means to think of something over and over.” ― Joyce Meyer
- “Meditation is like a gym in which you develop the powerful mental muscles of calm and insight.” ― Ajahn Brahm
- “Meditation is the ultimate mobile device; you can use it anywhere, anytime, unobtrusively.” ― Sharon Salzberg
- “The more man meditates upon good thoughts, the better will be his world and the world at large.” ― Confucius
- “Half an hour’s meditation each day is essential, except when you are busy. Then a full hour is needed.” ― Saint Francis de Sales
- “Meditate. A few minutes of deep meditation will connect you with the ocean of intuition deep within you.” ― Sri Sri Ravi Shankar
- “I meditate in the morning, I have my centering, I need that. For me, training is also my meditation.” ― Dwayne “the Rock” Johnson
- “Mindfulness meditation is the embrace of any and all mind states in awareness, without preferring one to another.” ― Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Meditation can help us embrace our worries, our fear, our anger; and that is very healing. We let our own natural capacity of healing do the work.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Empty your mind, be formless, shapeless – like water. Now you put water into a cup, it becomes the cup, you put water into a bottle, it becomes the bottle, you put it in a teapot, it becomes the teapot. Now water can flow or it can crash. Be water, my friend.” ― Bruce Lee
Power Of Meditation Quotes To Relieve Stress
Being mindful of your thoughts and actions can be a positive approach to inner strength, peace, and calm amidst all situations in life.
These wise words and philosophies about mediation by great leaders, authors, and gurus are great to enlighten your mind, body, and soul.
- “Meditation is the art of doing nothing.” ― Naval Ravikant
- “Paradise is not a place, it’s a state of consciousness.” ― Sri Chinmoy
- “Learn to be calm and you will always be happy.” ― Paramahansa Yogananda
- “Live the actual moment. Only this actual moment is life.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Praying is talking to the Universe. Meditation is listening to it.” ― Paulo Coelho
- “Don’t seek, don’t search, don’t ask, don’t knock, don’t demand – relax.” ― Osho
- “To really do nothing, with perfection, is as difficult as doing everything.” ― Alan Watts
- “You have a treasure within you that is infinitely greater than anything the world can offer.” ― Eckhart Tolle
- “Meditation is the discovery that the point of life is always arrived at in the immediate moment.” ― Alan Watts
- “The mind is definitely something that can be transformed, and meditation is a means to transform it.” ― 14th Dalai Lama
- “Meditation practice isn’t about trying to throw ourselves away and become something better. It’s about befriending who we are already.” ― Pema Chödrön
Famous Quotes About Meditation For Mindfulness
- “Sleep is the best meditation.” ― 14th Dalai Lama
- “Confine yourself to the present.” ― Marcus Aurelius
- “The best cure for the body is a quiet mind.” ― Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Empty your mind, be formless. Shapeless, like water.” ― Bruce Lee
- “Reading makes a full man, meditation a profound man, discourse a clear man.” ― Benjamin Franklin
- “When meditation is mastered, the mind is unwavering like the flame of a candle in a windless place.” ― Bhagavad Gita
- “The soul always knows what to do to heal itself. The challenge is to silence the mind.” ― Caroline Myss
- “Within you there is a stillness and sanctuary to which you can retreat at any time and be yourself.” ― Hermann Hesse
- “Through meditation, the higher self is experienced. Bhagavad Gita One hour of contemplation surpasses sixty years of worship.” ― Muhammad
- “There are only two ways to live your life. One is as though nothing is a miracle. The other is as though everything is a miracle.” ― Albert Einstein
- “We are what our thoughts have made us; so take care about what you think. Words are secondary. Thoughts live; they travel far.” ― Swami Vivekananda
Short Meditation Quotes And Captions
- “Breathe and let be.” ― Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “You can’t live a positive life with a negative mind.”
- “Meditation is waiting on God.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “Wherever you go, there you are.” ― Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Do your practice and all is coming.” ― K. Pattabhi Jois
- “Turn off your mind and get to know yourself.” ― Thibaut
- “The quiet mind is richer than a crown.” ― Robert Greene
- “Meditation is the action of silence.” ― Jiddu Krishnamurti
- “Meditate. Slow down. There’s no rush.” ― Maxime Lagacé
- “The act of meditation is being spacious.” ― Sogyal Rinpoche
- “Mind only thinks, meditation lives.” ― Bhagwan Shree Rajneesh
- “A meditator is both an artist and a warrior.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Life is available only in the present moment.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Meditation is hanging out with your soul.” ― Unknown
- “Meditation means letting go of our baggage, letting go of all the pre-rehearsed stories and inner-dialogue that we’ve grown so attached to.” – Andy Puddicombe
Deep Meditation Quotes & Sayings
- “Only the individual transcends.” ― Steve Maxwell
- “Rule your mind or it will rule you.” ―Horace
- “If meditation was easy, you’d do nothing else.” ― Naval Ravikant
- “Truth is the offspring of silence and meditation.” ― Isaac Newton
- “A quiet mind is more important than a positive mind.” ― Deepak Chopra
- “Be the master of mind rather than mastered by mind.” ― Japanese proverb
- “To be calm is the highest achievement of the self.” ― Zen proverb
- “Meditate every single day. Not once in a while. Every single day.” ― Khensu
- “Meditation stills the wandering mind and establishes us forever in a state of peace.” – Muktananda
- “In the midst of movement and chaos, keep stillness inside of you.” ― Deepak Chopra
- “Meditation is the secret of all growth in spiritual life and knowledge.” – James Allen
- “Meditation is intermittent fasting for the mind. Too much sugar leads to a heavy body, and too many distractions lead to a heavy mind. Time spent undistracted and alone, in self-examination, journaling, meditation, resolves the unresolved and takes us from mentally fat to fit.” – Naval Ravikant
Why Should You Practice Meditation?
Meditation has been shown to have numerous benefits for both the mind and body. It can help to reduce stress, improve focus, and increase self-awareness.
Meditation and yoga can also have a positive impact on physical health by reducing symptoms of anxiety, depression, and chronic pain.
Additionally, it has been shown to improve sleep and boost the immune system.
These quotations can provide encouragement and inspiration for those seeking to incorporate meditation into their daily routine and reap the many benefits it has to offer.
If you like these insightful quotes then also read be calm quotes to help you clear your mind and get the right perspective in life.
How to Meditate: A Step-by-Step Guide
If you think you can relate to these uplifting quotes feel free to spread your feelings and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
Which is your favorite compromise quote? If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.