Amidst the chaos of modern lives, finding moments of peace is what everyone looks for. The quest for peace begins by looking within, understanding oneself, and seeking harmony. Read some of the best Peace quotes and sayings that capture the essence of this idea and inspire tranquility in life.
Also See: Finding Peace Quotes
So don’t let anyone disturb your peace of mind and read these encouraging words that are gentle reminders to slow down and find stillness in the constant hustle-bustle of life. However, by practicing mindfulness, meditation, and yoga you can calm your mind and relax.
Whether you’re looking for inner peace or working towards creating peace in the world, these quotes offer wisdom, guidance, and hope.
Top 10 Peace Quotes
- “Peace begins with a smile.”— Mother Teresa
- “Peace is always beautiful.” — Walt Whitman
- “If you want peace, work for justice.”— Pope Paul VI
- “World peace begins with inner peace.”— 14th Dalai Lama
- “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.”— Buddha
- “Let us forgive each other – only then will we live in peace.”— Leo Tolstoy
- “Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” — Dalai Lama
- “Nothing can bring you peace but yourself. ” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “It is not enough to win a war; it is more important to organize the peace.” ― Aristotle
- “You can’t separate peace from freedom because no one can be at peace unless he has his freedom.”— Malcolm X
Famous Peace Quotes
- “Peace is costly but it is worth the expense.”― African proverb
- “Love is the purest form of a soul at peace.”― Matthew Donnelly
- “You cannot find peace by avoiding life.” ― Michael Cunningham
- “Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings peace.” ― Buddha
- “True peace is not merely the absence of tension: it is the presence of justice.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
- “If we have no peace, it is because we have forgotten that we belong to each other.” ― Mother Teresa
- “Peace is the result of retraining your mind to process life as it is, rather than as you think it should be.”― Wayne W. Dyer
- “Peace cannot be kept by force; it can only be achieved by understanding.” ― Albert Einstein
- “The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “It is an unfortunate fact that we can secure peace only by preparing for war.” – John F. Kennedy
Best Quotes About Peace
- “There is no ‘way to peace,’ there is only ‘peace.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “Peace is liberty in tranquility.” ― Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “Let peace be your compass in the journey of life.” ― Trisha. J
- “Let go of the thoughts that don’t make you strong.” — Karen Salmansohn
- “You’ll never find peace of mind until you listen to your heart.” — George Michael
- The nearer a man comes to a calm mind, the closer he is to strength.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Peace is a journey of a thousand miles and it must be taken one step at a time.” — Lyndon B. Johnson
- “Peace of mind is attained not by ignoring problems, but by solving them.” ― Raymond Hull
- “For every minute you are angry you lose sixty seconds of happiness.” ― Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Peace is a daily, a weekly, a monthly process, gradually changing opinions, slowly eroding old barriers, quietly building new structures.” — John F. Kennedy
Inner Peace Quotes
- “Stress is a choice. So is inner peace.”― Lewis Howes
- “Freedom from desire leads to inner peace.”― Lao Tzu
- “Remember the entrance to the sanctuary is inside you.”― Rumi
- “Worrying does not take away tomorrow’s troubles. It takes away today’s peace.” ― Randy Armstrong
- “Peace brings with it so many positive emotions that it is worth aiming for in all circumstances.” ― Estella Eliot
- “Learning to distance yourself from all the negativity is one of the greatest lessons to achieve inner peace.” ― Roy T. Bennett
- “Until you make peace with who you are, you’ll never be content with what you have.” ― Doris Mortman
- “Forgiveness equals inner peace – more peaceful people equals more world peace.” – Richard Branson
- “Inner peace can be reached only when we practice forgiveness. Forgiveness is letting go of the past, and is therefore the means for correcting our misperceptions.” ― Gerald G. Jampolsky
- “Until he extends the circle of his compassion to all living things, man will not himself find peace.” ― Albert Schweitzer
Short Peace Quotes To Being Inner Peace
- “Protect your peace.” ― Unknown
- “Peace is our gift to each other.” ― Elie Wiesel
- “Peace is every step.”― Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Every human longs for peace and love.”― Hiawatha
- “Peace begins when expectation ends.”― Sri Chinmoy
- “He knows peace who has forgotten desire.”― Bhagavad Gita
- “There never was a good war or a bad peace.”― Benjamin Franklin
- “Calm down and cheer up – You’re equipped to handle it.”― Joyce Meyer
- “Every act of love is a work of peace no matter how small.”― Mother Teresa
- “You talk when you cease to be at peace with your thoughts.”― Kahlil Gibran
- “There is no greater wealth in this world than the peace of mind.”― Unknown
Peace Quotes To Inspire Tranquility
Peace is a state of calm and tranquility, free from conflict and disturbance. And it is a concept that is widely sought after and is considered essential for personal and collective well-being.
- “Peace is not a destination; it’s a way of traveling through life.”― Trisha. J
- “Peace: the language of the heart spoken in tranquility.”― Trisha. J
- “Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.” — Buddha
- “Be selective in your battles. Sometimes peace is better than being right.” — Unknown
- “Peace is not the highest goal in life. It is the most fundamental requirement.” ― Sadhguru
- “If you cannot find peace within yourself, you will never find it anywhere else.” ― Marvin Gaye
- “If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present.” — Lao Tzu
- “Don’t search for anything except peace. Try to calm the mind. Everything else will come on its own.” — Baba Hari Das
- “Every breath we take, every step we make, can be filled with peace, joy, and serenity.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
- “The day I understood everything, was the day I stopped trying to figure everything out. The day I knew peace was the day I let everything go.” — C. JoyBell C.
Quotes On Peace About Serenity
- “Peace is the only battle worth waging.” ― Albert Camus
- “You have peace when you make it with yourself.” ― Mitch Albom
- “Courage is the price that life exacts for granting peace.” ― Amelia Earhart
- “Promise yourself to be so strong that nothing can disturb your peace of mind.” — Christian D. Larson
- “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one.” ― John Lennon
- “The more humble and obedient to God a man is, the more wise and at peace he will be in all that he does.” ― Thomas à Kempis
- “The practice of forgiveness is our most important contribution to the healing of the world.” ― Marianne Williamson
- “Nature is the best medicine for serenity, peace, calmness, stillness. It’s good for the heart.” ― Karen Madewell
- “When you do the right thing, you get the feeling of peace and serenity associated with it. Do it again and again.” ― Roy T. Bennett
- “To forgive is the highest, most beautiful form of love. In return, you will receive untold peace and happiness” — Robert Muller
- “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” ― Eckhart Tolle
Peaceful Quotes To Calm You
- “There is peace even in the storm.” ― Vincent van Gogh
- “Peace is more than the absence of war. Peace is accord. Harmony.” ― Laini Taylor
- “An eye for an eye will only make the whole world blind.” ― Mahatma Gandhi
- “Peace and tranquility dance together, creating a melody of serenity.”― Trisha. J
- We shall find peace. We shall hear angels, we shall see the sky sparkling with diamonds.” ― Anton Pavlovich Chekhov
- “It isn’t enough to talk about peace. One must believe in it. And it isn’t enough to believe in it. One must work at it.” ― Eleanor Roosevelt
- “If you want to make peace with your enemy, you have to work with your enemy. Then he becomes your partner.” — Nelson Mandela
- “Many people think excitement is happiness…. But when you are excited you are not peaceful. True happiness is based on peace.” ― Thich Nhat Hanh
- “Darkness cannot drive out darkness: only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate: only love can do that.” ― Martin Luther King Jr.
- “Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.” — Saint Francis de Sales
Finding Peace Quotes
- “Peace is the umpire for doing the will of God.” — Edwin Louis Cole
- “Good wishes alone will not ensure peace.” — Alfred Nobel
- “We will not have peace by afterthought.” — Norman Cousins
- “Do not look for happiness outside yourself. The awakened seek happiness inside.” — Peter Deunov
- “Peace is something we must all work for, every day, in every country.” — Ban Ki-moon
- “Everyone thinks of changing the world, but no one thinks of changing himself.” — Leo Tolstoy
- “Success is peace of mind which is a direct result of self-satisfaction in knowing you did your best to become the best you are capable of becoming.” — John Wooden
- “If the human race wishes to have a prolonged and indefinite period of material prosperity, they have only got to behave in a peaceful and helpful way toward one another.” — Winston Churchill
- “When you find peace within yourself, you become the kind of person who can live at peace with others.” — Peace Pilgrim
- “Peace by persuasion has a pleasant sound, but I think we should not be able to work it. We should have to tame the human race first, and history seems to show that that cannot be done.” — Mark Twain
World Peace Quotes
Achieving world peace is a collective aspiration shared by humanity across borders and cultures. It involves fostering understanding, promoting cooperation, and resolving conflicts through peaceful means
And, we have gathered words of wisdom from famous philosophers, world leaders, and other remarkable individuals in our collection of peace quotes.
These peace and war quotes serve as a reminder that goodness exists in the world and kindle our optimism for a more peaceful global future.
- “Peace is not only better than war but infinitely more arduous.”— George Bernard Shaw
- “Blessed are the peacemakers, for they will be called children of God.” — Matthew 5:9 (Bible Verse)
- “Peace is not absence of conflict, it is the ability to handle conflict by peaceful means.” — Ronald Reagan
- “I think it’s naive to pray for world peace if we’re not going to change the form in which we live.” — Godfrey Reggio
- “When you make peace with yourself, you make peace with the world.” — Maha Ghosananda
- “World peace can be achieved when, in each person, the power of love replaces the love of power.” — Sri Chinmoy
- “Do your little bit of good where you are; it’s those little bits of good put together that overwhelm the world.” — Desmond Tutu
- “Do not be afraid to take a chance on peace, to teach peace, to live peace… Peace will be the last word of history.” ― Pope John Paul II
- “Gratitude makes sense of our past, brings peace for today, and creates a vision for tomorrow.” ― Melody Beattie
- “The Lord gives strength to his people; the Lord blesses his people with peace.” – Psalm 29:11 (Bible Verse)
- “Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful.” – Colossians 3:15 (Bible Verse)
- “I do not want the peace which passeth understanding, I want the understanding which bringeth peace.”- Helen Keller
- “Even a fool, when he holds his peace, is counted wise.”- Proverbs 17:28, Biblical Proverb
- “If you want to end the war, then instead of sending guns, send books. Instead of sending tanks, send pens. Instead of sending soldiers, send teachers.”— Malala Yousafzai
International Day of Peace (IDP) Slogans
Each year the International Day of Peace (IDP) is observed around the world on 21 September. This day celebrates harmony and unity worldwide.
And, for International Day of Peace 2023, the theme is ‘Actions for Peace: Our Ambition for the #Global Goals’.
It is a push for us to recognize how our individual and collective actions can affect and foster global peace.
These slogans and one-liners aim to inspire unity, compassion, and efforts toward a more peaceful world on the International Day of Peace.
- Harmony Unites, Peace Ignites.
- One World, One Heart, One Peace.
- Empower Peace, Embrace Unity.
- Together for Peace, Today and Always.
- Let Love Lead, Let Peace Prevail.
- Building Bridges, Spreading Peace.
- Peaceful Hearts, Peaceful World.
- In Diversity, We Find Peace.
- Celebrate Peace, Spread the Calm.
- Hand in Hand for a Peaceful Land.
- Every Step Towards Peace Matters.
- War Ends Where Peace Begins.
- We Stand Together for Peace.
- Peace: The Universal Language of Humanity.
Here are inspiring quotes on peace to spread love, kindness, and unity to make a better world to live in.
And they remind us that peace is possible, and that it starts with our own thoughts, words, and actions. So, whenever you’re feeling restless, look to these peace quotes for comfort, guidance, and inspiration.
In conclusion, quotes about peace of mind offer a powerful and inspiring message about the importance of peace in our lives and the world.
So by embracing peace in our own lives and spreading it to others, we can work towards creating a world where everyone can live in peace and harmony.