Looking for quotes on peacefulness and tranquility? We have rounded up the best tranquility quotes, sayings, captions, status (with images and wallpapers) to inspire you in your daily life.
We achieve tranquility by accepting the things we cannot change and focusing our energy where we can make a difference. Peace of Mind, Calmness, Tranquility, and Serenity are all virtues of a calm and positive mind.
WHAT DOES TRANQUILITY MEAN?
Because it is a stress-free and beautifully calm state of mind. It is the state of being free from agitation of mind and spirit.
When in the midst of nature and enjoying the beauty of nature we all get a sense of peacefulness and calm that inspires us to be positive and energized.
These quotes may inspire you to achieve that state of mind where everything is still and you get clarity in a lot of things in life.
Top 10 Tranquility Quotes
- “Tranquility comes from within.” – ATGW
- “Tranquility: Free from disturbance.” – Unknown
- “Tranquility is a beach state of mind.” – Unknown
- “The fruit of silence is tranquility.” – Arabian Proverb
- “It’s all about finding the calm in the storm.” – Donna Karen
- “From tranquility emerges power and strength.” – C. Joybell C.
- “Inner tranquility – there is nothing like it.” – Robin R. Robbins
- “There is no greater wealth than tranquility of the mind, body and soul.” – Unknown
- “Weather out the storm in the island of tranquility to find inner peace.” – Ana Monnar
- “It is in that quiet place at our own center that we hear the whispers of our soul.” – Unknown
Quotes On Tranquility
- “The greatest tranquility is when we desire nothing.” – Arabic Proverbs
- “Serenity is the tranquil balance of heart and mind.” – Harold W. Becker
- “The ideal of beauty is simplicity and tranquility.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “I am sustained by the tranquility of an upright and loyal heart.” – Peter Stuyvesant
- “Great tranquility of heart is his who cares for neither praise nor blame.” – Thomas à Kempis
- “Tranquility is the Truth, Truth is beauty, beauty is happiness and bliss is divine.” – C. Saraswati
- “It is neither wealth nor splendor, but tranquility and occupation which give you happiness.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “Always be aware that you have the power to create the naturally stress-free and tranquil life you deserve.” – Unknown
- “I quite like to sing, actually – just belting out numbers with my guitar. I find that it’s a form of tranquility.” – Jack O’Connell
- “When we are unable to find tranquility within ourselves, it is useless to seek it elsewhere.” – François de La Rochefoucauld
Quotes About Tranquility
- “In stillness lives wisdom. In quiet you’ll find peace. In solitude you’ll remember yourself.” – Robin Sharma
- “We often search for calm and tranquility outside of ourselves… when in reality calm is always found within.” – Unknown
- “Tranquility the quality or state of being free from agitation of mind or spirit; free from disturbance or turmoil.” – Unknown
- “Tranquility, serenity, and beauty of nature taught me how to find happiness in life and in the silence of eternity.” – Debasish Mridha
- “Poetry is the spontaneous overflow of powerful feelings: it takes its origin from emotion recollected in tranquility.” – William Wordsworth
- “Creativity is a way of life: It is freedom. A confidence. A tranquility. A surrender. A natural state of living that expands everything.” – Robert Sturman
- “Tranquility is a choice. So is anxiety. The entire world around us may be in turmoil. But if we want to be peaceful within. We can.” – Anonymous
- “Sometimes, stay quiet. Listen to your heart. Free your mind from the clutches of your unending thoughts. Little bit tranquility is necessary.” – Unknown
- “When you’re at peace with your life and in a state of tranquility, you actually send out a vibration of energy that impacts all living creatures.” – Wayne Dyer
- “The more tranquil a man becomes, the greater is his success, his influence, his power for good. Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom.” – James Allen
Tranquility Quotes To Calm You
- “Never be in a hurry; do everything quietly and in a calm spirit. Do not lose your inner peace for anything whatsoever, even if your whole world seems upset.” – Saint Francis de Sales
- “Quiet is peace. Tranquility. Quiet is turning down the volume knob on life. Silence is pushing the off button. Shutting it down. All of it.” – Amir, ‘The Kite Runner’
- “It is in your power to withdraw yourself whenever you desire. Perfect tranquility within consists in the good ordering of the mind, the realm of your own.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “I have found that the greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development of love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being.” – Tenzin Gyatso
- “I am like a deep, still mountain lake. The surface is a mirror that reflects the sky above. I await in tranquility for the breath of God to move upon me.” – Elizabeth C. Dixon
- “The Tranquility Prayer: Please grant me the inner peace to love and accept myself unconditionally, while honoring the need to change and improve for my own sake as well as for others, and have the wisdom to know the difference.” – Unknown
- “We are not going to change the whole world, but we can change ourselves and feel free as birds. We can be serene even in the midst of calamities and, by our serenity, make others more tranquil. Serenity is contagious.” – Sri S. Satchidananda
- “Calmness of mind is one of the beautiful jewels of wisdom. It is the result of long and patient effort in self-control. Its presence is an indication of ripened experience, and of a more than ordinary knowledge of the laws and operations of thought.” – James Allen
- “If you keep looking within, you will find stillness, a tranquility that you’ve never experienced before. It’s like this secret space your mind can visit that unlocks new levels of creativity and confidence that you never thought possible.” – Joel Annesley
Peace And Tranquility Quotes
In this fast-paced world, the stress of being at par with your peers at work, and life can be tiring. It can exhaust you mentally and physically.
Also See: Breathe Quotes
Below are a few motivational quotes that can help you, to train your mind so you can stay calm, be at peace, get perspective, and respond appropriately to those stressful situations.
Also See: Finding Peace Quotes
Peace of mind is the ultimate goal while you hustle to achieve all the success. Some wise words may give you the uplifting energy that you need to be calm and believe in yourself.
- “Be calm in your heart.” – Unknown
- “Peace is liberty in tranquility.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “It’s all about finding calm in the chaos.” – Donna Karan
- “Joy frees the mind and fills it with tranquility.” – Unknown
- “One minute of patience, ten years of peace.” – Greek Proverb
- “Nobody can bring you peace but yourself.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “A happy life consists in tranquility of mind.” – Marcus Tullius Cicero
- “The pursuit, even of the best things, ought to be calm and tranquil.” – Cicero
- “If you are at peace with your past, you are at peace with yourself.” – Unknown
- “Your life becomes a masterpiece when you learn to master peace.” – Unknown
Inspirational Tranquility Quotes
- “Serenity is not freedom from the storm, but peace amid the storm.” – Unknown
- “Acquire knowledge, and learn tranquility and dignity.” – Umar ibn Al-Khattab (RA)
- “Turn away from evil and do good; seek peace and pursue it.” – Psalm 34:14 (Bible Verses)
- “Do not allow chaos disturb your inner tranquility, serenity, and peace.” – Debasish Mridha
- “Sit quietly – be. May you find tranquility in all the little moments of your day.” – Unknown
- “Where there is peace and meditation, there is neither anxiety nor doubt.” – St. Francis De Sales
- “A late summer garden has a tranquility found no other time of the year.” – William F. Longgood
- “Every breath we take, every step we make, can be filled with peace, joy and serenity.” – Unknown
- “May you find serenity and tranquility in a world you may not always understand.” – Sandra Sturz
- “I know exactly what I want. Calm, peace, tranquility, freedom, fun, and happiness.” – Johnny Depp
- “He is happiest, be he king or peasant, who finds peace in his home.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “Nature is the best medicine for serenity. Peace, calmness, stillness. It’s good for the heart.” – Karen Madwell
- “The life of inner peace, being harmonious and without stress, is the easiest type of existence.” – Norman Vincent Peale
- “The mind is like water, When it’s turbulent, it’s difficult to see. When it’s calm, everything becomes clear.” – Prasad Mahes
- “The beauty of Zen is found in simplicity and tranquility, in a sense of the all-embracing harmony of things.” – Thich Thien-An
- “You find peace not by rearranging the circumstances of your life, but by realizing who you are at the deepest level.” – Eckhart Tolle
- “The sea was silent, the sky was silent; I was alone with the night and silence.” – H.G. Wells, ‘The Island of Doctor Moreau’ (1896)
- “If you are depressed you are living in the past if you are anxious you are living in the future, if you are at peace, you are living in the present.” – Lao Tzu
- “Acceptance of others, their looks, their behaviors, their beliefs, bring you an inner peace and tranquility instead of anger and resentment.” – Unknown
- “Everything we do is infused with the energy with which we do it. If we’re frantic, life will be frantic. If we’re peaceful, life will be peaceful. And so our goal in any situation becomes inner peace.” – Marianne Williamson
- “The positive vibrations of unregulated joy, peace, happiness and tranquility is freedom.” – T.F. Hodge, ‘From Within I Rise: Spiritual Triumph Over Death And Conscious Encounters With “The Divine Presence”’ (2019)
- “When you take the time to quiet your mind and not allow anything to intrude on your peace, there is stillness in time. You feel suspended in an ocean of tranquility, and all truth seems to stem from this place of inner understanding.” – John Assaraf
- “Whenever I gaze up at the moon, I feel like I’m on a time machine. I am back to that precious pinpoint of time, standing on the foreboding – yet beautiful – Sea of Tranquility. I could see our shining blue planet Earth poised in the darkness of space.” – Buzz Aldrin
- “As the old year retires and a new one is born, we commit into the hands of our Creator the happenings of the past year and ask for direction and guidance in the new one. May He grant us His grace, His tranquility and His wisdom!” – Peggy Toney Horton, ‘Does God Want Us To Be Happy’ (2019)
- “Some people give the gift of peace and tranquility to every life they touch. They are always who they really are. They are blessedly reliable, dependably good, predictably pleasant, loved and treasured by all who know them. You are one of those people. You are a gift of peace and tranquility.” Unknown
- “Personal tranquility consists in the orderly structuring of the mind, which occurs whenever a person engages in the exquisite practice of contemplating personal experiences, harmonizing time spent with other people, reading great books, and working on self-improvement.” – Kilroy J. Oldster, Book: ‘Dead Toad Scrolls’ (2015)
Quotes On Tranquility By Buddha
Being calm gives you the strength to do the right thing. Most renowned spiritual leaders like Buddha, Dalai Lama, and Lao Tzu have always emphasized staying calm can do wonders in your life.
Also See: Relaxing Quotes
When you find your thoughts all messed up find some peace and tranquility with some me time. Taking a walk in nature, reading a book, deep breathing, and meditation are some ways that can give you some time off from your hectic schedule and clear your mind.
- “Peace comes from within. Do not seek it without.” – Buddha
- “Those who are free of resentful thoughts surely find peace.” – Buddha
- “To conquer oneself is a greater task than conquering others.” – Buddha
- “There has to be evil so that good can prove its purity above it. ” – Buddha
- “Better than a thousand hollow words, is one word that brings peace.” – Buddha
- “You will not be punished for your anger, you will be punished by your anger.” – Buddha
- “Learn this from water: loud splashes the brook but the oceans depth are calm.” – Buddha
- “Set your heart on doing good. Do it over and over again and you will be filled with joy.” – Buddha
- “Everything that has a beginning has an ending. Make your peace with that and all will be well.” – Buddha
- “Holding on to anger is like grasping a hot coal with the intent of throwing it at someone else; you are the one who gets burned.” – Buddha
- “The whole secret of existence is to have no fear. Never fear what will become of you, depend on no one. Only the moment you reject all help are you freed.” – Buddha
Quotes About Tranquility By Dalai Lama
- “Don’t let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.” – Dalai Lama
- “As you breathe in, cherish yourself. As you breathe out, cherish all beings.” – 14th Dalai Lama
- “When we develop patience, we find that we develop a reserve of calm and tranquility.” – Dalai Lama
- “The planet does not need more successful people. The planet desperately needs more peacemakers, healers, restorers, storytellers, and lovers of all kinds.” – 14th Dalai Lama
- “If we are to create a more peaceful world, made up of peaceful individuals, we need a greater concern for others — altruism. That gives inner strength, self-confidence.” – 14th Dalai Lama
- “Don’t ever mistake my silence for ignorance, my calmness for acceptance or my kindness for weakness. Compassion and tolerance are not a sign of weakness, but a sign of strength.” – 14th Dalai Lama
- “For our life to be of value, I think we must develop basic good human qualities — warmth, kindness, compassion. Then our life becomes meaningful and more peaceful — happier.” – 14th Dalai Lama
- “I have found that the greatest degree of inner tranquility comes from the development of love and compassion. The more we care for the happiness of others, the greater is our own sense of well-being. Cultivating a close, warmhearted feeling for others automatically puts the mind at ease.” – 14th Dalai Lama
- “Inner peace is the key: if you have inner peace, the external problems do not affect your deep sense of peace and tranquility. Without this inner peace, no matter how comfortable your life is materially, you may still be worried, disturbed, or unhappy because of circumstances.” – Dalai Lama
More Inspirational Quotes
These famous quotes on tranquility are collected from various sources, books, by famous authors, poets, leaders, and spiritual gurus, who have always known the importance of a calm mind.
With increasing stress and anxiety, we also invite a lot of diseases like depression, high blood pressure, diabetes, and heart problems. Worrying can never be good for our mental and physical health. Having control over our thoughts and minds will also help us to react less to stressful situations.
Being calm is very important to maintain your mental health, inner peace, and happiness in life. With meditation, yoga, and deep breathing techniques you can be successful in staying calm and worrying less.
If you are motivated by these wise words of wisdom, feel free to spread the positive vibes and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.