70 Spiritual Growth Quotes For Wisdom And Awakening
Looking for positive quotes about spiritual quotes? We have rounded up the best collection of spiritual growth quotes, sayings, phrases, and captions, (with images and pictures) to enlighten you and transform your inner self into a spiritual one.
Also See: Spirituality Quotes
What does spiritual growth mean?
Spiritual growth refers to the process of developing a deeper understanding of oneself, the world around us, and our relationship with a higher power.
It involves seeking meaning, purpose, and fulfillment beyond materialistic pursuits and connecting with something greater than ourselves.
Spiritual growth is a process of connecting with our inner soul and shedding unreal concepts, thoughts, beliefs, and ideas.
It is a transformation process to become more conscious and aware of our inner being.
Spiritual growth is the process of inner awakening, the rising of the consciousness beyond the ordinary, everyday existence, and awakening to some peace and universal truths.
There are numerous quotes about spiritual growth, highlighting its importance and impact on our lives.
These insightful spiritual quotes emphasize the potential for personal and collective transformation through spiritual growth and self-realization.
Top 10 Spiritual Growth quotes
- “Step out on faith and walk into your purpose.”- Germany Kent
- “For every spirit who is learning: you heal yourself.”- Thaiia Senquetta
- “The path of spiritual growth is a path of lifelong learning.”- M. Scott Peck
- “Spiritual growth consists most in the growth of the root, which is out of sight.”
- “When you plant a seed of love, it is you that blossoms.”- Ma Jaya Sati Bhagavati
- “Spirituality is keeping the spirit up against all odds and obstacles of life.”- Amit Ray
- “Re-examine all you have been told. Dismiss what insults your soul.” – Walt Whitman
- “Life is not worth living unless you live it for the One who gave you life.”- Anya VonderLuft
- “At the end of the day, I’m at peace, because my intentions are good and my heart is pure.”
- “To realize that you are not your thoughts is when you begin to awaken spiritually.”- Eckhart Tolle
- “Spiritual maturity is measured in terms of persevering faith, not perfect behavior.”- Andy Stanley
- “The main requirement for spiritual growth: A yearning to know who you really are.” – Adyashanti
- “Spiritual growth…takes time for its roots to grow, and that requires us to be receptive and patient.”
- “Spirituality is not adopting more beliefs and assumptions but uncovering the best in you.”- Amit Ray
- “It is the darkness that makes the light visible, and not the other way around.” – Nancy Venable Raine
- “Believe in your infinite potential. Your only limitations are those you set upon yourself.”- Roy T. Bennett
- “The great are strongest when they stand alone, A God-given might of being is their force.”- Sri Aurobindo
- “The Bible is the divine means of developing spiritual maturity. There is no other way.”- Howard G. Hendricks
- “A state of mind that sees God in everything is evidence of growth in grace and a thankful heart.”- Charles Finney
- “When I release my weaknesses and blind spots to God, He uses them to help me grow up spiritually.”- Crystal McDowell
- “Convince yourself everyday that you are worthy of a good life. Let go of stress, breathe. Stay positive, all is well.”- Germany Kent
- “What makes one strong is not the ability to confront adversity and cruelty, but rather the ability to love in spite of it.”- Christopher Earle
- “Spiritual maturity is neither instant nor automatic; it is gradual, progressive development that will take the rest of your life.” – Rick Warren
- “Often times we can’t find out who we truly are unless we leave bad situations that are hindering our growth spiritually, mentally and emotionally.”
- “As you obey God’s Word and rely on His strengthening power, you can count on biblical change to occur in every area of your life.” – John Broger
- “The proof of spiritual maturity is not how pure you are but awareness of your impurity. That very awareness opens the door to grace.”- Philip Yancey
- “There is nothing more important to true growth than realizing that you are not the voice of the mind – you are the one who hears it.” – Michael A. Singer
- “Always continue to grow. It is possible to achieve what you wish, if you take the time to learn who you are, and willing to be who you were meant to be…”
- “God never hurries. There are no deadlines against which he must work. Only to know this is to quiet our spirits and relax our nerves.”- A.W. Tozer
- “You have to grow from inside out. None can teach you, none can make you spiritual. There is no other teacher but your own soul.” – Swami Vivekananda
- “The only thing better than a happy Heart is a clear mind to keep it pumping. Cleanse yourself from within and you’re bound to win.”- Stabley Victor Paskavich
- “When you find yourself in need of spiritual nourishment, it is in the opportunities to serve others that you will find the abundance you seek.” – Steve Maraboli
- “With God, there’s always an appointed time for things, and when you put Him first, trust in His timing, and keep the faith, miracles happen!”- Germany Kent
- “Conviction should actually grow throughout our Christian lives. In fact, one sign of spiritual growth is an increased awareness of our sinfulness. ”- Jerry Bridges
- “Every breath we take, every step we make, can be filled with peace, joy, and serenity. We need only to be awake, alive in the present moment.”- Thich Nhat Hanh
- “The hardest thing to ever do is to reveal the naked soul to the world. However, in doing so brings healing, growth, strength, and powerful inspiration!”- H.E. Olsen
- “An intentional spiritual dietary plan is as essential to your spiritual growth as a deliberate dietary plan is fundamental to your physical well-being.”- Patricia Ennis
- “Everything that seemingly happens externally is occurring in order to trigger something within us, to expand us and take us back to who we truly are.”- Anita Moorjani
- “Sure Sign Of Spiritual Growth: You realize how challenging it is to change yourself and you begin to understand what little chance you have in trying to change others.”
- “As Christians grow in holy living, they sense their own inherent moral weakness and rejoice that whatever virtue they possess flourishes as the fruit of the Spirit.” – D.A. Carson
- “Spiritual maturity does not mean that we will never make wrong plans. In fact, spiritual maturity often means having the courage to admit we’ve made the wrong plans.”- Beth Moore
- “God has such gladness every time he sees from heaven that a sinner is praying to Him with all his heart, as a mother has when she sees the first smile on her baby’s face.”- Fyodor Dostoyevsky
- “Spiritual growth depends on two things: first a willingness to live according to the Word of God; second, a willingness to take whatever consequences emerge as a result.”- Sinclair B. Ferguson
- “Spiritual development is not an accomplishment but a way of life. It is an orientation that brings its own rewards, and what is important is the direction of one’s motives.”- David R. Hawkins
- “Spiritual growth is like learning to walk. We stand up, fall, stand up, fall, take a step, fall, take a couple of steps, fall, walk a little better, wobble a bit, fall, run, and finally, eventually fly.” – Geri Larkin
- “Jesus calls us to his rest, and meekness is His method. The meek man cares not at all who is greater than he, for he has long ago decided that the esteem of the world is not worth the effort.”- A.W. Tozer
- “Imagine that every person in the world is enlightened but you. They are all your teachers, each doing just the right things to help you learn perfect patience, perfect wisdom, perfect compassion.”- Buddha
- “Serious spiritual practice is more than serene walks in the woods, lit candles and incense. You have to be committed. You have to be willing to enter into your own darkness and transcend it.”- Maria Erving
- “At each stage of [spiritual] growth, more self-denial is required, more painful blows to self, more reckless decision to serve the Lord Christ with consequent abandonment of one’s own life.” – Walter Chantry
- “We must have this spirit of wisdom and revelation of Christ and His Word if we are to grow. It is not going to be imparted to us through our intellect, either. The Holy Spirit must unveil it to us.”- Kenneth E. Hagin
- “Accept your dark side, understanding it will help you to move with the light. Knowing both sides of our souls, helps us all to move forward in life and to understand that, perfection doesn’t exist.”- Martin R. Lemieux
- “Spiritual opening is not a withdrawal to some imagined realm or safe cave. It is not a pulling away, but a touching of all the experience of life with wisdom and with a heart of kindness, without any separation.”- Jack Kornfield
- “The stiff and wooden quality about our religious lives is a result of our lack of holy desire. Complacency is a deadly foe of all spiritual growth. Acute desire must be present or there will be no manifestation of Christ to His people.”- A. W. Tozer
- “If a man does not exercise his arm he develops no biceps muscle; and if a man does not exercise his soul, he acquires no muscle in his soul, no strength of character, no vigor of moral fiber, nor beauty of Spiritual growth.”- Henry Drummond
- “Give yourself permission to see and feel the extraordinary events in your own life. In internalizing them, you also will find your perspective about life and its meaning will change, resulting in growth and expansion of your soul.”- Susan Barbara Apollon
- “We stand before a burning bush whenever other human beings share with us something of their relationship with God or something of the movements of their hearts. In such moments may we always realize that we stand on holy ground.”- Margaret Silf
- “Soul work is the core need of every path and every pursuit. Without it, our lives feel empty, dead, directionless and meaningless. Without it we remain psychologically and spiritually immature. In other words, without soul work we can never ripen into our fullest potential.”
- “The most important spiritual growth doesn’t happen when you’re meditating or on a yoga mat. It happens in the midst of conflict–when you’re frustrated, angry, or scared and you’re doing the same old thing, and then you suddenly realize that you have a choice to do it differently…”
- “When you are spiritually connected, you are not looking for occasions to be offended, and you are not judging and labeling others. You are in a state of grace in which you know you are connected to God and thus free from the effects of anyone or anything external to yourself.”- Wayne Dyer
- “If we really have too much to do, there are some items on the agenda which God did not put there. Let us submit the list to him and ask him to indicate which items we must delete. There is always time to do the will of God. If we are too busy to do that, we are too busy.” – Elisabeth Elliot
- “A misleading perception or false belief is increasingly being perpetuated that the unconscious or the intuitive is all that really matters in any spiritual endeavor, and that the conscious, rational, logical, analytical mind is the mortal enemy of spiritual awareness and soul growth.”- Anthon St. Maarten
- “The gospel of Jesus Christ encompasses much more than avoiding, overcoming, and being cleansed from sin and the bad influences in our lives; it also essentially entails doing good, being good, and becoming better. Repenting of our sins and seeking forgiveness are spiritually necessary, and we must always do so.”- David A. Bednar
- “It is not the number of books you read, nor the variety of sermons you hear, nor the amount of religious conversation in which you mix, but it is the frequency and earnestness with which you meditate on these things till the truth in them becomes your own and part of your being, that ensures your growth.”- Frederick William Robertson
- “Too often we fail to appreciate that (the) apprehension of God is not only the test of our worship, but also the test of our spiritual growth. A Christian’s real development in spiritual life will always be revealed by how he or she thinks about God – how much he thinks about Him, and how highly he thinks about Him.”- Sinclair B. Ferguson
- “That’s a spiritual lifestyle, being willing to admit that you don’t know everything and that you were wrong about some things. It’s about making a list of all the people you’ve harmed, either emotionally or physically or financially, and going back and making amends. That’s a spiritual lifestyle. It’s not a fluffy ethereal concept.”- Anthony Kiedis
- “The path is paved with consistent, conscious mental and spiritual alertness and the gradual growth of goodness in our heart and clarity in our mind. We are awake. If we keep trying to understand, we will understand. If we keep telling ourselves that we are loved by Life and if we keep looking for evidence of that love, we will find it.”- Donna Goddard
- “Adversity is not simply a tool. It is God’s most effective tool for the advancement of our spiritual lives. The circumstances and events that we see as setbacks are oftentimes the very things that launch us into periods of intense spiritual growth. Once we begin to understand this, and accept it as a spiritual fact of life, adversity becomes easier to bear.”- Charles Stanley
- “Every adversity that comes across our path, whether large or small, is intended to help us grow in some way. If it were not beneficial, God would not allow it or send it, “For he does not willingly bring affliction or grief to the children of men”. God does not delight in our sufferings. He brings only that which is necessary, but He does not shrink from that which will help us grow.”
- “The process of biblical change, explained in God’s Word, begins when you repent of your sin and believe in the Lord Jesus Christ. God has given you everything you need to make the changes in your life that will please Him and will lead to His blessings. As you continue to obey God’s Word, biblical change toward maturity will occur in your life until you see Jesus face to face.” – John Broger
- “[Whilst] everything around me is ever changing, ever dying, there is underlying all that change a living power that is changeless, that holds all together, that creates, dissolves and recreates. That informing power or spirit is God….And is this power benevolent or malevolent? I see it as purely benevolent. For I can see that in the midst of death life persists, in the midst of untruth truth persists, in the midst of darkness light persists. Hence I gather that God is Life, Truth, Light. He is Love. He is the supreme good.”- Mahatma Gandhi
More Spirituality Quotes And Sayings
Inspirational Personal Growth Quotes
Spiritual growth is not limited to any particular religion or belief system. It can be experienced by anyone, regardless of their background or circumstances.
By embracing a journey of spiritual growth, we can cultivate greater awareness, compassion, and inner peace, and ultimately lead a more fulfilling and purposeful life.
Feel free to share these uplifting quotes with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom.