John Lennon, the guy who rocked the world not just with his music, but also with his thoughts. You know, he was that cool Beatle with the round glasses and the timeless tunes. Read some of the best John Lennon quotes, sayings, and lyrics to remind you that sometimes all it takes is a little love to make the world a better place.
John was more than just a musician. He was like a deep thinker who wrote words that hit you right in the heart. His quotes were like Instagram captions before Instagram even existed – short, catchy, and full of meaning.
He became most famous as a member of his band – The Beatles. The Beatles made many iconic songs that people still love today.
He wrote some of the band’s biggest songs, like “Imagine” and “Let It Be.” And his songs often had deep lyrics that talked about peace, love, and understanding. He played the guitar and sang with a unique voice that many people enjoyed.
Also See: Elvis Presley Quotes
He wanted people to be kind to each other. Sadly, he passed away in 1980, but his music and messages continue to inspire people around the world.
Sadly, John Lennon’s life was cut short when he was shot and died in 1980. He’s not just a rock legend; he’s a vibe, a mindset, and a reminder that sometimes all you need is a little love, a catchy tune, and a dash of Lennon wisdom to make your day better.
Top 10 John Lennon Quotes
- “Reality leaves a lot to the imagination.” — John Lennon
- “All we are saying is give peace a chance.” — John Lennon
- “Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted.” — John Lennon
- “Turn off your mind, relax, and float downstream.” — John Lennon
- “As usual, there is a great woman behind every idiot.” — John Lennon
- “Everything will be okay in the end. If it’s not okay, it’s not the end.” — John Lennon
- “Count your age by friends, not years. Count your life by smiles, not tears.” — John Lennon
- “A dream you dream alone is only a dream. A dream you dream together is reality.” — John Lennon
- “Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” — John Lennon
- “You don’t need anybody to tell you who you are or what you are. You are what you are!” — John Lennon
Best John Lennon Quotes On Life
- “The more I see, the less I know for sure.” — John Lennon
- “Life is what happens while you are busy making other plans.” — John Lennon
- “There’s nowhere you can be that isn’t where you’re meant to be…” — John Lennon
- “A mistake is only an error, it becomes a mistake when you fail to correct it.” — John Lennon
- “If everyone demanded peace instead of another television set, then there’d be peace.” — John Lennon
- “It doesn’t matter how long my hair is or what color my skin is or whether I’m a woman or a man.” — John Lennon
- “Declare it. Just the same way we declare war. That is how we will have peace… we just need to declare it.” — John Lennon
- “If everyone could just be happy with themselves and the choices people around them make, the world would instantly be a better place!” — John Lennon
- “Trying to please everybody is impossible – if you did that, you’d end up in the middle with nobody liking you. You’ve just got to make the decision about what you think is your best, and do it.” — John Lennon
- “I’m not going to change the way I look or the way I feel to conform to anything. I’ve always been a freak. So I’ve been a freak all my life and I have to live with that, you know. I’m one of those people.” — John Lennon
John Lennon Quotes About Love
- “Love is the flower you’ve got to let grow.” — John Lennon
- “Everything is clearer when you’re in Love.” — John Lennon
- “Everybody loves you when you’re six foot in the ground.” — John Lennon
- “We can’t help everyone, but everyone can help someone.” — John Lennon
- “When I cannot sing my heart, I can only speak my mind.” — John Lennon
- “Love is a promise, love is a souvenir, once given never forgotten, never let it disappear.” — John Lennon
- “Love is the answer, and you know that for sure; Love is a flower, you’ve got to let it grow.” — John Lennon
- “We live in a world where we have to hide to make love, while violence is practiced in broad daylight.” — John Lennon
- “It matters not who you love, where you love, why you love, when you love or how you love, it matters only that you love.” — John Lennon
- “Love is like a precious plant. You can’t just accept it and leave it in the cupboard or just think it’s going to get on by itself. You’ve got to keep on watering it. You’ve got to really look after it and nurture it.” — John Lennon
Famous Quotes By John Lennon
- “I believe time wounds all heels.” — John Lennon
- “Music touching my soul, the spirit dance was unfolding.” — John Lennon
- “One thing you can’t hide – is when you’re crippled inside.” — John Lennon
- “It’s better to fade away like an old soldier than to burn out.” — John Lennon
- “And we all shine on, like the moon and the stars and the sun.” — John Lennon
- “You won’t get anything unless you have the vision to imagine it.” — John Lennon
- “I am a violent man who has learned not to be violent and regrets his violence.” — John Lennon
- “We need to learn to love ourselves first, in all our glory and our imperfections.” — John Lennon
- “Part of me suspects that I’m a loser, and the other part of me thinks I’m God Almighty.” — John Lennon
- “You can’t just keep quiet about anything that’s going on in the world unless you’re a monk. Sorry, monks!” — John Lennon
- “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one. I hope someday you’ll join us. And the world will live as one.” — John Lennon
- “You’re born in pain. Pain is what we are in most of the time, and I think that the bigger the pain, the more God you look for.” — John Lennon
- “Peace is not something you wish for; It’s something you make, something you do, something you are, and something you give away.” — John Lennon
- “We’re more popular than Jesus now…. Jesus was alright but his disciples were thick and ordinary. It’s them twisting it that ruins it for me.” — John Lennon
- “If being an egomaniac means I believe in what I do and in my art or music, then in that respect you can call me that… I believe in what I do, and I’ll say it.” — John Lennon
- “Women… I mean, they are the other half of the sky, and without them there is nothing. And without us there’s nothing. There’s only the two together creating children, creating society.” — John Lennon
- “There are two basic motivating forces: fear and love. When we are afraid, we pull back from life. When we are in love, we open to all that life has to offer with passion, excitement, and acceptance.” — John Lennon
- “I believe in everything until it’s disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it’s in your mind. Who’s to say that dreams and nightmares aren’t as real as the here and now?” — John Lennon
- “Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we’re being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I’m liable to be put away as insane for expressing that. That’s what’s insane about it.” — John Lennon
- “When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.” — John Lennon
John Lennon’s Song Lyrics And Quotes
These quotes are from various songs written or performed by John Lennon during his time with The Beatles and as a solo artist. They capture some of his thoughtful and meaningful lyrics that continue to resonate with people.
- “All you need is love.” – (All You Need Is Love)
- “Love is wanting to be loved.” – (Out The Blue)
- “Imagine all the people living life in peace.” – (Imagine)
- “You may say I’m a dreamer, but I’m not the only one.” – (Imagine)
- “Love is the answer, and you know that for sure.” – (Mind Games)
- “You don’t need anyone to hold you, you hold yourself too tight.” – (Isolation)
- “Nobody told me there’d be days like these, strange days indeed.” – (Nobody Told Me)
- “Life is what happens when you’re busy making other plans.” – “Beautiful Boy (Darling Boy)”
- “Don’t let me down, don’t let me down, don’t let me down.” – Don’t Let Me Down (with The Beatles)
- “And when the broken-hearted people living in the world agree, there will be an answer, let it be.” – “Let It Be” (with The Beatles)
More About John Lennon’s Life
John Winston Ono Lennon was an English singer, songwriter, musician, and peace activist who gained worldwide fame as the founder, co-songwriter, co-lead vocalist, and rhythm guitarist of the Beatles.
Born: 9 October 1940, Liverpool Maternity Hospital
Death: December 8, 1980
Height: 5 ft 10 in (1.8 m)
Net Worth: $200 Million (at time of death)
So, whether you’re a Beatles fan or just into cool quotes, John Lennon’s your guy. His words are like a time machine that takes you back to the 60s and 70s when peace, love, and music ruled the scene.
Time to grab your round glasses, turn on some Beatles and let John’s words inspire you to make the world a better place to live in.
He’s remembered not just for his songs, but also for his dreams of a more peaceful and loving world.
What are your favorite music sayings listed above? If there is a quote that we’ve missed then let us know in the comments section what your thoughts are.