95 Honesty Quotes On Truth, Integrity And Trust
I’ve curated the best collection of honesty quotes, sayings, and proverbs, (with images and pictures) for work, business, and personal life.
Honesty is the quality of being truthful, sincere, and genuine; it means being honest with yourself as well as with others.
Being honest means always speaking the truth, doing morally right things, being completely authentic, and being transparent in your words and actions.
It is the quality of having strong moral principles and the courage to stand by them despite the consequences.
When you practice honesty, you are more likely to be successful in life. People who are honest and have strong principles are more likely to achieve their goals and find success in their endeavors.
To sum it up, honesty is the best policy, living with honesty and integrity can help you unlock your true potential and live a life of success and fulfillment.
In a world where deception and dishonesty are all too common, these thought-provoking quotes about honesty serve as a reminder of the importance of this value and the benefits that it brings.
If you like these insightful quotes about honesty then check our collection of relationship loyalty quotes and relationship honesty quotes that will inspire you to be truthful in all your relations and keep away from dishonesty and dishonest people.
Top 10 Quotes On Honesty To Be Your True Self
- “Honesty is the best policy.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “No legacy is so rich as honesty.” – William Shakespeare
- “Honesty is for the most part less profitable than dishonesty.” – Plato
- “Honesty has a power that very few people can handle.” – Steven Aitchison
- “The truth will set you free, but first, it will piss you off.” – Unknown
- “An honest man in politics shines more there than he would elsewhere.” – Mark Twain
- “Honesty is a very expensive gift, Don’t expect it from cheap people.” – Warren Buffett
- “To be honest, as this world goes, is to be one man picked out of ten thousand.” – William Shakespeare
- “Honesty is often very hard. The truth is often painful. But the freedom it can bring is worth the trying.” – Fred Rogers
- “Anyone who doesn’t take truth seriously in small matters cannot be trusted in large ones either.” – Albert Einstein
Inspiring Quotes About Honesty
Being honest means being trustworthy, loyal, and fair. By being honest, you allow people to trust and respect you. It brings you peace of mind because when you’re honest there is never a need to try and remember what you have said.
It also leads to self-confidence, as honest people feel confident in their decisions and actions when they are true to their values and beliefs.
Being honest helps you to ensure that you live an ethical and moral life, as it helps to ensure that you are doing the right thing, even when it’s difficult.
- “Honesty saves everyone’s time.” – Anonymous
- “The first step toward greatness is, to be honest.” – Proverb
- “Can you honestly love a dishonest thing?” – John Steinbeck
- “Don’t expect loyalty when you can’t provide honesty.” – Unknown
- “If you tell the truth, you don’t need a long memory.” – Jesse Ventura
- “I think people respect honesty rather than hiding it.” – Jack Whitehall
- “Stop expecting honesty from people who lie to themselves.” – Unknown
- “Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “If you’re not honest with yourself, life will never be honest with you.” – Unknown
- “Honesty doesn’t always pay, but dishonesty always costs.” – Michael Josephson
- “I believe fundamental honesty is the keystone of business.” – Harvey S. Firestone
- “People all over the nation are starved for honesty and common sense.” – Ben Carson
- “Honesty pays, but it doesn’t seem to pay enough to suit some people.” – Frank McKinney
- “It is difficult, but not impossible, to conduct strictly honest business.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Honesty is the fastest way to prevent a mistake from turning into a failure.” – James Altucher
- “It’s discouraging to think how many people are shocked by honesty and how few by deceit.” – Noël Coward
- “When you do something with a lot of honesty, appetite and commitment, the input reflects in the output.” – A. R. Rahman
- “Let’s tell the truth to people. When people ask, ‘How are you?’ have the nerve sometimes to answer truthfully.” – Maya Angelou
- “Our lives improve only when we take chances – and the first and most difficult risk we can take is to be honest with ourselves.” – Walter Anderson
- “True honesty is hard. Throughout my career, I’ve faced moments where I’ve needed to take an honest look at myself and face some very uncomfortable realities.” – Les Brown
Honesty Quotes on Life, Love, and Success
Honesty helps to build deeper and more connections in all kinds of relationships. People who possess honesty are also more likely to be successful in their professional lives, as they are more likely to be trusted and respected by their colleagues and superiors.
Hope these insightful quotes on being honest will inspire you to take the path of truth and integrity in all aspects of your life.
- “Honesty will never break you.” – Kate Hudson
- “Honest hearts produce honest actions.” – Brigham Young
- “Truth never damages a cause that is just.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Honesty is something you can’t wear out.” – Waylon Jennings
- “The true measure of life is not length, but honesty.” – John Lyly
- “Honesty is the best policy—when there is money in it.” – Mark Twain
- “We have no relationship without honesty. – by Claude” – Emily Giffin
- “Being entirely honest with oneself is a good exercise.” – Sigmund Freud
- “Speak with honesty. Think with sincerity. Act with integrity.” – Unknown
- “Friends are honest with each other. Even if the truth hurts.” – Sarah Dessen
- “When you walk a life of honesty, you live a life of truth.” – Therese Benedict
- “Love is honesty. Love is a mutual respect for one another.” – Simone Elkeles
- “Relationships feed on credibility, honesty, and consistency.” – Scott Borchetta
- “Honesty is one of the most important parts of any marriage.” – Amanda Thompson
- “It’s difficult to honest with others when you continue lying to yourself.” – Carlos Wallace
- “One honest relationship can be more productive than fistfuls of business cards.” – Susan Cain
- “The establishment of any relationship, both individual and expert, is honesty.” – Alexander Mejia
- “To live a life of honesty and integrity is a responsibility of every decent person.” – Noam Chomsky
- “Honesty is perhaps just as important a factor in one’s communication skills as trust.” – Ross Elkins
- “It still takes a serious commitment and honest effort for your goals to come to fruition.” – Alex Altman
- “Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people.” – Spencer Johnson
- “Be honest in your life, it creates positive energy, stopping all unfairness through life.” – Fathima Bibi Joosab
- “If two people can be honest with each other about everything, that’s probably the biggest key to success.” – Taylor Lautner
- “Honesty is the cornerstone of all success, without which confidence and ability to perform shall cease to exist.” – Mary Kay Ash
- “Honesty is the rarest wealth anyone can possess, and yet all the honesty in the world ain’t lawful tender for a loaf of bread.” – Josh Billings
Best Being Honest Quotes For Success
- “Honesty is the highest form of intimacy.” – Unknown
- “Don’t ever regret being honest. Period.” – Taylor Swift
- “Honesty and authenticity are a big deal for me.” – Unknown
- “Just be honest with yourself. That opens the door.” – Vernon Howard
- “The naked truth is always better than the best-dressed lie.” – Unknown
- “The first step is, to be honest, and then to be noble.” – Winston Churchill
- “To believe in something, and not to live it, is dishonest.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “If you are honest with yourself, your life will be so much more pleasant.” – Jessica Zafra
- “Always tell the truth. That way you don’t have to remember what you said.” – Mark Twain
- “Honesty and integrity are by far the most important assets of an entrepreneur.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Honesty and frankness make you vulnerable. Be honest and frank anyway.” – Kent M. Keith
- “The main trouble with being an honest man was that it lost you all your illusions.” – James Jones
- “If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.” – Virginia Woolf
- “Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” – John Lennon
- “Honesty and transparency make you vulnerable. Be honest and transparent anyway.” – Mother Teresa
- “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure there is one less rascal in the world.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “Living with integrity means: Speaking your truth, even though it might create conflict or tension.” – Barbara De Angelis
- “Make yourself an honest man, and then you may be sure that there is one less scoundrel in the world.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “Good design begins with honesty, asks tough questions, comes from collaboration and from trusting your intuition.” – Freeman Thomas
- “Confidence grows from being honest with myself because I know my strengths, weaknesses, capabilities and I am realistic and honest about what I can do.” – Patricia A Gilpin-Hudson
Famous Honesty Quotes To Inspire You
When we are real and honest, we are able to live a life free of guilt and anxiety, and we can be confident in who we are and what we stand for.
Being true to yourself and others will help to foster trust and build strong relationships and lead a fulfilling life filled with respect and integrity.
- “You can’t lie to your soul.” – Irvine Welsh
- “Honesty and loyalty are key.” – Taylor Lautner
- “Honest people don’t hide their deeds.” – Emily Brontë
- “The truth needs so little rehearsal.” – Barbara Kingsolver
- “The elegance of honesty needs no adornment.” – Mary Browne
- “It takes strength and courage to admit the truth.” – Rick Riordan
- “It is better to suffer for truth than to prosper by falsehood.” – Danish
- “If it is not right do not do it; if it is not true do not say it.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Truth is the most valuable thing we have. Let us economize it.” – Mark Twain
- “Stop expecting loyalty from people who cannot even give you honesty.” – Unknown
- “The greatest truth is honesty, and the greatest falsehood is dishonesty.” – Abu Bakr
- “To tell the truth is very difficult, and young people are rarely capable of it.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Though I am not naturally honest, I am sometimes so by chance.” – William Shakespeare
- “Your conscience is the measure of the honesty of your selfishness. Listen to it carefully.” – Richard Bach
- “You’re only responsible for being honest, not for someone else’s reaction to your honesty.” – Kelli Jae Baeli
- “Honesty is of God and dishonesty of the devil; the devil was a liar from the beginning.” – Joseph B. Wirthlin
- “Honesty is more than not lying. It is truth-telling, truth speaking, truth living, and truth loving.” – James E. Faust
- “To be persuasive, we must be believable; to be believable we must be credible; credible we must be truthful.” – Edward R. Murrow
- “There are 4 very important words in life: love, honesty, truth, and respect. Without these in your life, you have nothing.” – Unknown
- “Honesty is one of the most important values in life. It brings trust, respect, and peace of mind. Besides, it also helps create deeper and more meaningful connections in relationships of all kind.” – Unknown
Trust & Honesty Quotes To Learn From
- “You cannot con an honest man.” – Ally Carter
- “If you want to be trusted, be honest.” – Unknown
- “Honesty prospers in every condition of life.” – Friedrich Schiller
- “The truth cuts like the sharpest knife I’ve ever known.” – Tomi Adeyemi
- “Honesty is never seen sitting astride the fence.” – Lemuel K. Washburn
- “There’s just some magic in truth and honesty and openness.” – Frank Ocean
- “Better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.” – Khaled Hosseini
- “Pretty much all the honest truth telling in the world is done by children.” – Oliver Wendell
- “An honest man is believed without an oath, for his reputation swears for him.” – Eliza Cook
- “Honesty is telling the truth to ourselves and others. Integrity is living that truth.” – Unknown
- “The high road is always respected. Honesty and integrity are always rewarded.” – Scott Hamilton
- “If you’re not honest with yourself, how can you be truly honest with anyone else?” – Paul Williams
- “Nothing in this world is harder than speaking the truth, nothing easier than flattery.” – Fyodor Dostoevsky
- “Drawing is the honesty of the art. There is no possibility of cheating. It is either good or bad.” – Salvador Dali
- “Hiding how you really feel and trying to make everyone happy doesn’t make you nice, it just makes you a liar.” – Jenny O’Connell
- “Just like showing trust is essential in a marriage, it is also of vital significance to be completely honest with each other.” – Christian Olsen
- “Honesty, truth and decency all link together- by loving all of these, we can improve our families, communities and our society.” – Estella Eliot
- “I am not bound to win, but I am bound to be true. I am not bound to succeed, but I am bound to live up to what light I have.” – Abraham Lincoln
- “Simple honesty of purpose in a man goes a long way in life if founded on a just estimate of himself and a steady obedience to the rule he knows and feels to be right.” – Samuel Smiles
How To Cultivate Honesty In Life?
Cultivating honesty is not always easy, but it is essential for success in life.
Honesty is an important attribute in life because it is the foundation upon which all successful relationships and endeavors are built. It builds trust and fosters healthy relationships.
The first step is, to be honest with yourself. You cannot be honest to others if you are dishonest with yourself. You need to be honest about your strengths and weaknesses, and your goals and aspirations.
The next step is to practice what you preach. This means that you need to be consistent in your words and actions, and be true to your values and beliefs no matter what.
The last step is to take responsibility for your actions. If you make a mistake, admit it and take responsibility for it. Doing so will demonstrate your honesty and integrity, and will help you to build trust with others.
Honesty Is The Best Policy
The idea behind this phrase is that honesty creates a foundation of trust and respect, and it can save you from potential trouble in the long run.
By being truthful, one can avoid the negative consequences that come with lying or hiding the truth. In short, “Honesty is the best policy” means that truthfulness is the most beneficial approach in life.
When you are honest, you will not be afraid of anything as you know that you have not done anything wrong. You will not need to build stories to prove that you are correct.
Honesty is considered one of the greatest moral values since ancient times, but only a few people seem to possess this precious gift.
Don’t forget to check out our collection of relationship understanding quotes and fake friends quotes to know the difference between true and fake friends.
Which is your favorite honesty quote? Write in the comments section below if we have missed some quotes on the list and we’ll be glad to add them to the list.
If you like these quotes please share them with friends and family on Facebook, Pinterest, Tumblr, WhatsApp, Instagram, and more.