225 Truth Quotes On Life, Love And Relationship
Looking for inspirational quotes about truth? We have rounded up the best collection of truth quotes, sayings, phrases, proverbs, captions, wallpapers, and status (with images and pictures) to inspire you to be honest and stand with the truth at all times.
Since our childhood days, we’re taught to always tell the truth. Speaking the truth can be messy and complicated at times but telling the truth is always a better way to live!
Telling the truth always is not easy. Sometimes people find lying as the best option. But being honest with people will always be more beneficial in the long run rather than lying for any short-term benefits.
Also See: Truth Hurts Quotes
Being honest always benefits you and the people around you. Being truthful helps you earn the respect and trust of others. When you embrace truth, it makes you feel better about yourself and helps you attract better people and friends.
It takes strength and courage to speak the truth and that is why people find is challenging because being dishonest seems an easier route to take.
Also See: Lie Quotes For Relationships
Concealing the truth is difficult because you have to keep all the lies in your mind but if you speak the truth you don’t have to remember anything. Lying keeps us mentally stressed and can lead to anxiety and depression.
People don’t take much time to figure out dishonesty. Sooner or later the truth unfolds itself, that’s why people favor honesty and truthfulness.
Being truthful and honest helps us build strong credibility. When we speak the truth then our conscience stays clean and pure and we stay happy.
It is impossible to be 100% honest and truthful always, but you should try and speak the truth and make it your priority. Truth and loyalty are crucial parts of strong relationships.
To be truthful to others it is important for you to be true to yourself. These uplifting truth quotes will help you to stop lying and stand for the truth at all times.
If you are encouraged by these famous and inspiring quotes on truth and honesty then also check our posts on reality quotes and change quotes as change is a crucial truth of life.
Famous Truth Quotes
- “The truth is effortless.” – Rashida Costa
- “The truth is rarely pure and never simple.” – Oscar Wilde
- “The truth may hurt for a little while, but a lie hurts forever.” – Unknown
- “The man who speaks the truth is always at ease.” – Jeremiah Say
- “Truth exists; only falsehood has to be invented.” – George Braque
- “Learn what is true in order to do what is right.” – Thomas Huxley
- “The truth carries a weight that no lie can counterfeit.” – Outlander Quotes
- “Lies run sprints, but the truth runs marathons.” – Michael Jackson
- “Truth isn’t always beauty, but the hunger for it is.” – Nadine Gordimer
- “The truth is not for all men, but only for those who seek it.” – Ayn Rand
- “The truth is not always beautiful, nor beautiful words the truth.” – Laozi
- “Honesty is the first chapter in the book of wisdom.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “When you stretch the truth, watch out for the snapback.” – Bill Copeland
- “Every person must choose how much truth he can stand.” – Irvin D. Yalom
- “Three things cannot be long hidden: the sun, the moon, and the truth.” – Buddha
- “There’s nothing so kingly as kindness, and nothing so royal as truth.” – Alice Cary
- “Only three types of people tell the truth: Kids, the drunk. and the angry.” – Unknown
- “There is no greatness where there is no simplicity, goodness, and truth.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “The truth will set you free. But not until it is finished with you.” – David Foster Wallace
- “Truth is not for comfort – it’s for liberation. It’s not a medicine – it’s a killer.” – Sadhguru
- “If you want to have a healthy mind, you must feed your mind with truth.” – Rick Warren
- “Truth is like the sun. You can shut it out for a time, but it ain’t goin’ away.” – Elvis Presley
- “By doubting we are led to question; by questioning we arrive at the truth.” – Peter Abelard
- “If you do not tell the truth about yourself you cannot tell it about other people.” – Unknown
- “The truth is still the truth, even if no one believes it. A lie is still a lie, even if everyone believes it.”
- “Beauty is truth’s smile when she beholds her own face in a perfect mirror.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “There are few reasons for telling the truth, but for lying the number is infinite.” – Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- “I feel safe in the midst of my enemies, for the truth is all-powerful and will prevail.” – Sojourner Truth
- “The wise try to adjust themselves to the truth, while fools try to adjust the truth to themselves.” – Thibaut
- “Truth is ever to be found in simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things.” – Isaac Newton
- “The fact that a great many people believe something is no guarantee of its truth.” – W. Somerset Maugham
- “Truth will always be truth, regardless of lack of understanding, disbelief or ignorance.” – W. Clement Stone
- “Many a doctrine is like a window pane. We see truth through it but it divides us from truth.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Telling the truth and making someone cry is better than telling a lie and making someone smile.” – Paulo Coelho
- “People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe.” – Andy Rooney
- “In the long run, the most unpleasant truth is a safer companion than a pleasant falsehood.” – Theodore Roosevelt
- “Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.” -Arthur Conan Doyl
- “A blossoming flower, contains far more power, than one can view, with the understanding, of our universal truths.” – David Shah
- “Standing courageously for an unpopular opinion isn’t easy, but the rewards of standing courageously for the truth will last forever.” – Rick Warren
- “A lie is like a snowball; it starts off small and then grows and grows until a point where it gets so big it falls apart and then the truth is discovered.” – Chris Hughes
- “A great man does not seek applause or place; he seeks for truth; he seeks the road to happiness, and what he ascertains, he gives to others.” – Robert Green Ingersoll
- “The great enemy of the truth is very often not the lie, deliberate, contrived and dishonest. But the myth, persistent, persuasive and unrealistic.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Some people think that the truth can be hidden with a little cover-up and decoration. But as time goes by, what is true is revealed, and what is fake fades away.” – Ismail Haniyeh
- “I’m selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I am out of control, and, at times, hard to handle. But if you can’t handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don’t deserve me at my best.” – Marilyn Monroe
- “Live your truth boldly. Others may decide to think less of you, but it isn’t your job to prove worth. It’s your job to live knowing your worth can never be defined by another’s assumptions. Hold your head high, be proud, carry on.” – Rachel Marie Martin
Best Quotes About The Truth
Hearing the unvarnished truth or hard reality about someone, something, or oneself can cause the listener to feel sadness or unhappiness. But irrespective of how one feels one should speak and face the truth.
Lies, betrayal, and cheating someone will only cause pain and resentment in relationships. It shakes the foundation of trust and leads people to mistrust you. Being honest and truthful may not seem comforting at first but it will not disappoint you.
If you like these bitter truth quotes then also check our posts on integrity quotes and when someone is lying and you know the truth quotes to inspire you to face and accept the truth.
- “Time discovers truth.”
- “You know the truth, by the way it feels.”
- “The truth really is ‘the light of the world.” – Brad Blanton
- “Truth was the only daughter of time.” – Leonardo Da Vinci
- “Thirst was made for water; inquiry for truth.” – C. S. Lewis
- “You’re not upset with me. You’re upset that I spoke the truth.”
- “Truth is so rare that it is delightful to tell it.” – Emily Dickinson
- “Truth crushed to earth shall rise again.” – William Cullen Bryant
- “The truth rises to the surface like oil on water.” – A Slovak Proverb
- “There are three sides to every story: your side, my side, and the truth.”
- “Stupid is knowing the truth, seeing the truth, but still believing the lies.”
- “Those who know the truth are not equal to those who love it.” – Confucius
- “There’s more beauty in truth, even if it is dreadful beauty.” – John Steinbeck
- “A lie travels round the world while truth is putting her boots on.” – Unknown
- “The very truth hath a color from the disposition of the utterer.” – George Eliot
- “There are no whole truths: All truths are half-truths.” – Alfred North Whitehead
- “Jokes? There are no jokes. The truth is the funniest joke of all.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Rather than love, than money, than fame, give me truth.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “A truth that’s told with bad intent beats all the lies you can invent.” – William Blake
- “Don’t be so quick to believe what you hear because lies spread quicker than the truth.”
- “Before believing find the truth, before accepting, try to understand.” – Debasish Mridha
- “Morality is the basis of things and truth is the substance of all morality.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Truth is the property of no individual but is the treasure of all men.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Truth is not something outside to be discovered, it is something inside to be realized.” – Osho
- “I respect those who tell the truth no matter how hard it is. Integrity is everything.” – Unknown
- “Truth is the torch that gleams through the fog without dispelling it.” – Claude Adrien Helvétius
- “Being honest may not get you a lot of friends but it’ll always get you the right ones.” – John Lennon
- “He who has truth at his heart need never fear the want of persuasion on his tongue.” – John Ruskin
- “Every mind must make its choice between truth and repose. It cannot have both.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “People often claim to hunger for truth, but seldom like the taste when it’s served up.” – George R.R. Martin
- “Most people don’t really want the truth. They just want constant reassurance that what they believe is the truth.”
- “Truth, like gold, is to be obtained not by its growth, but by washing away from it all that is not gold.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “The truth is incontrovertible. Malice may attack it, ignorance may deride it, but in the end, there it is.” –Winston Churchill
- “The pursuit of truth and beauty is a sphere of activity in which we are permitted to remain children all our lives.” – Albert Einstein
- “Truth is a deep kindness that teaches us to be content in our everyday life and share with the people the same happiness.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Teach this triple truth to all: A generous heart, kind speech, and a life of service and compassion are the things which renew humanity.” – Buddha
- “We learned about honesty and integrity—that the truth matters… that you don’t take shortcuts or play by your own set of rules… and success doesn’t count unless you earn it fair and square.” – Michelle Obama
Truth Of Life Quotes
What is the importance of truth in our lives? Truth is very crucial in our lives. It matters for both, individuals and to society as a whole.
For individuals, being truthful means always saying the truth and being honest and genuine. It is a quality that builds your character and makes you trustworthy and respectful in the eyes of others.
For society, being truthful is about building bonds with others because a person who speaks the truth attracts people towards them but people who lie and are hypocrites break their bonds and are toxic for society.
If you like this truth and lies quotes then also check our posts on sad quotes and self acceptance quotes to inspire you to truly accept yourself and also to let go and move on in life.
- “Stand for what is right even if that means standing alone.”
- “A harmful truth is better than a useful lie.” – Thomas Mann
- “Never underestimate someone’s ability to find out the truth.”
- “Truth never penetrates an unwilling mind.” – Jorge Luis Borges
- “The naked truth is always better than the best-dressed lie.” – Ann Landers
- “The fool uses inversion to speak the full truth.” – Annette Moser-Wellman
- “The man who fears no truth has nothing to fear from lies.” – Thomas Jefferson
- “The ability to ask questions is the greatest resource in learning the truth.” – Carl Jung
- “Yes, the truth may hurt but lies will become a crutch and will cripple you.” – Stephen T. Scott
- “People don’t walk away from the truth; they walk away in search of truth.” – Michelle Anthony
- “Truth is always universal. Positive thinking can never fail; it is a proven truth.” – Bill Mcdowell
- “A lie can travel half way around the world while the truth is putting on its shoes.” – Charles Spurgeon
- “Here is your truth. You have God within you. Live from that place and all will be well.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Most people find facts irritating. Facts interfere with their systems of denial.” – Walter Darby Bannard
- “Everyone knows this naked truth when they have found themselves in positions of weakness.” – George Kunz
- “Truth is like a surgery. It hurts but it heals. A lie is like a painkiller. It gives instant relief but has side effects forever.”
- “Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact. Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Whoever is careless with the truth in small matters cannot be trusted with important matters.” – Albert Einstein
- “The ideals which have shone before me and filled me with joy are goodness, beauty, and the truth.” – Albert Einstein
- “The only people who are mad at you for speaking the truth are those people who are living a lie. Keep speaking the truth.”
- “Once you go inside and weed through the muck, you will find the real beauty, the truth about yourself.” – Lindsay Wagner
- “There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn’t true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.” – Soren Kierkegaard
- “My humor is always rooted in truth and full of wisdom – the kind that comes from living, watching, learning, and knowing.” – Steve Harvey
- “… in general, it is the object of our newspapers rather to create a sensation-to make a point-than to further the cause of truth.” – Edgar Allan Poe
- “Being truthful to ourselves can help us develop the right mindset and help us to become more willing to doing a self-assessment.” – Michael W. Barnett
- “The truth makes all things complete, it brings things to fulfillment, and it brings thing to an end. It completes the circle of life and reality.” – E. B. Staples
- “All truth passes through three stages. First, it is ridiculed. Second, it is violently opposed. Third, it is accepted as being self-evident.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
- “Life goes on, and the truth changes; this just happens to be the way life is. What was once true is often no longer true just a little while later.” – Brad Blanton
- “Jesus, provides powerful instruction and revelation about the living Easter experience happening day by day in the lives of every seeker of truth.” – Joel S. Goldsmith
- “The truth is that happiness is so compelling, so attractive – so irresistible – that whether you realize it or not, everything you do is aimed at making yourself happy.” – Marci Shimoff
Famous Truth Quotes On Life And Relationship
Trust is the foundation of any relationship. Without trust, a relationship can start but will not sustain the test of time. There can be nothing terrible if you are heartbroken by someone who has been unfaithful and dishonest in your relationship.
Also See: Spiritual Quotes
Honesty and loyalty are the most important qualities for a relationship to be successful. Liars think that they can get away by telling a lie but the truth comes out in some way or the other. Dishonesty in any relation is not a good sign for the future of any relationship.
It is not possible to progress in life or any relationship if you are not truthful and trustworthy.
If you like these speak the truth quotes and truth always wins quotes then also check our posts on lying girlfriend quotes and speak up quotes to encourage you to take a stand against injustice and express your opinion boldly.
- “Whatever satisfies the soul is truth.” – Walt Whitman
- “Half a truth is often a great lie.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “No legacy is so rich as honesty.” – William Shakespeare
- “Truth is truth to the end of reckoning.” – William Shakespeare
- “If you always tell the truth, you may lose your friends.” – Unknown
- “Better to get hurt by the truth than comforted with a lie.” – Khaled Hosseini
- “If you are out to describe the truth, leave elegance to the tailor.” – Albert Einstein
- “The truth will set you free, but first it will make you miserable.” – James A. Garfield
- “False words are not only evil in themselves, but they infect the soul with evil.” – Plato
- “Truth without love is brutality, and love without truth is hypocrisy.” – Warren Wiersbe
- “I’m not upset that you lied to me. I’m upset for knowing the truth already.” – Unknown
- “First and last, what is demanded of genius is love of truth.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “The high-minded man must care more for the truth than for what people think.” – Aristotle
- “We live in a fantasy world, a world of illusion. The great task in life is to find reality.” – Iris Murdoch
- “Stop holding your truth; speak your truth. Be yourself. It’s the healthiest way to be.” – Tiffany Haddish
- “The truth that is suppressed by friends is the readiest weapon of the enemy.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Truth is everybody is going to hurt you: you just got to find the ones worth suffering for.” – Bob Marley
- “The truth is like a lion; you don’t have to defend. Let it loose; it will defend itself.” – Augustine of Hippo
- “For though we love both the truth and our friends, piety requires us to honor the truth first.” – Aristotle
- “Speak your truths and let your heart be heard, for even disaster is beautiful when it is pure.” – Unknown
- “All truths are easy to understand once they are discovered; the point is to discover them.” – Galileo Galilei
- “Of life’s two chief prizes, beauty, and truth, I found the first in a loving heart and the second in a laborer’s hand.” – Khalil Gibran
- “I know where I’m going and I know the truth, and I don’t have to be what you want me to be. I’m free to be what I want.” – Muhammad Ali
- “You can hate me. You can go out there and say anything you want about me, but you will love me later because I told you the truth.” – Mary J. Blige
- “If you would be a real seeker after truth, it is necessary that at least once in your life you doubt, as far as possible, all things.” – Rene Descartes
- “To see the universal and all-pervading Spirit of Truth face to face one must be able to love the meanest of creation as oneself.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Let us dream of tomorrow where we can truly love from the soul, and know love as the ultimate truth at the heart of all creation.” – Michael Jackson
- “The alternative to practicing what Scripture calls speaking the truth in love is continuing to communicate a lie in fear. That’s no way to live.” – Beth Moore
- “As mothers, our job, … is to help our sons seek knowledge and truth, because these are the things that bring true satisfaction of the soul.” – Meg Meeker Md
- “Many of us live in two worlds when it comes to relationships. In one we have connection without truth; in the other we have truth without connection.” – Henry Cloud
- “There is beauty in truth, even if it’s painful. Those who lie, twist life so that it looks tasty to the lazy, brilliant to the ignorant, and powerful to the weak.” – José N. Harris
- “I believe that unarmed truth and unconditional love will have the final word in reality. This is why right, temporarily defeated, is stronger than evil triumphant.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Inspirational Telling The Truth Quotes
To have a fair and just society, telling the truth is very important. In today’s modern society, people place a high value on the principle of truthfulness.
Also See: Deep Thinking Quotes
There are two aspects of truth. First to be true to yourself and second to be true to others. They’re not the same thing but are closely linked.
If we are true to ourselves then it is unlikely that we are going to lie to others. These telling the truth quotes will inspire you to speak the truth and be genuine to yourself and others.
- “Truth exists; only lies are invented.” – Georges Braque
- “I can handle the truth. It’s the lies that kill me.” – Unknown
- “No one is more hated than he who speaks the truth.” – Plato
- “Give him a mask, and he will tell you the truth.” – Oscar Wilde
- “In a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.” – George Orwell
- “Honesty is a very expensive gift. Don’t expect it from cheap people.” – Warren Buffet
- “For every good reason there is to lie, there is a better reason to tell the truth.” – Bo Bennett
- It’s not about who is real to your face, it’s about who stays real behind your back.” – Unknown
- “I’m for truth, no matter who tells it. I’m for justice, no matter who it’s for or against.” – Malcolm X
- “Search for the truth is the noblest occupation of man; its publication is a duty.” – Madame de Stael
- “Every truth has two sides; it is as well to look at both, before we commit ourselves to either.” – Aesop
- “What I know for sure is that speaking your truth is the most powerful tool we have.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Integrity is telling myself the truth. And honesty is telling the truth to other people.” – Spencer Johnson
- “The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth.” – John F. Kennedy
- “Honest communication is built on truth and integrity and upon respect of the one for the other.” – Benjamin E. Mays
- “Most truths are so naked that people feel sorry for them and cover them up, at least a little bit.” – Edward R. Murrow
- “Karma is gonna hit some of you real hard for breaking people who had nothing but good intentions for you.” – Unknown
- “Stop hanging out with people that tell you what you want to hear. Hang out with people who tell you the truth.” – Eric Thomas
- “The earth is supported by the power of truth; it is the power of truth that makes the sun shine and the winds blow; indeed, all things rest upon truth.” – Chanakya
- “I am a firm believer in the people. If given the truth, they can be depended upon to meet any national crisis. The great point is to bring them the real facts.” – Abraham Lincoln
Positive Quotes That Tell Truth
- “Tell the truth, or someone will tell it for you.” – Stephanie Klein
- “The truth will set you free, but first it will piss you off.” – Joe Klaas
- “Facts do not cease to exist because they are ignored.” – Aldous Huxley
- “A thing is not necessarily true because a man dies for it.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Truth only means something when it’s hard to admit.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “If you tell the truth, you don’t have to remember anything.” – Mark Twain
- “Seek not greatness, but seek truth and you will find both.” – Horace Mann
- “Cherish those who seek the truth but beware of those who find it.” – Voltaire
- “Nothing better than listening to a lie when you already know the truth.” – Unknown
- “The truth does not change according to our ability to stomach it.” – Flannery O’Connor
- “Truth stands, even if there be no public support. It is self-sustained.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Always tell the truth. That way you don’t have to remember what you said.” – Mark Twain
- “There is nothing so strong or safe in an emergency of life as the simple truth.” – Charles Dickens
- “Never apologize for showing feeling. When you do so, you apologize for the truth.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “Truth is the ultimate power. When the truth comes around, all the lies have to run and hide.” – Ice Cube
- “Honesty requires that we communicate our thoughts and feelings, not our conclusions.” – Stefan Molyneux
- “A moment of choice is a moment of truth. It’s the testing point of our character and competence.” – Stephen Covey
- “But communicate with honest appreciation and you’ll be amazed how she lights up in front of you.” – Mark Manson
- “Responsibility to self means to acknowledge inner truth – our imperfections and our power, our beauty.” – Unknown
- “The truth.” Dumbledore sighed. “It is a beautiful and terrible thing, and should therefore be treated with great caution.” – J.K. Rowling
These truthful quotes also cover truth quotes about relationships, sojourner truth quotes, when lies become the truth quotes, sad truth quotes, when you know the truth quotes, the truth hurts quotes, hard truth quotes, truth prevails quotes, when someone is lying and you know the truth quotes, and truth wins quotes.
If you like these encouraging quotes about the truth then also check our posts on true colors quotes and bitter people quotes about people who are miserable most of the time.
If you have some of your favorite quotes which are not included in the above list, please share them in the comments section below and we will love to add them to the list.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more to inspire positive change in their life.