80 Compromise Quotes On Adjustment In Life & Relationship
I have rounded up the best collection of compromise quotes, sayings, and captions to inspire you to embrace change, adapt, and smooth out situations.
A compromise is a trade-off between two people where each one gives up a part of their demand and comes to a mutual settlement.
In arguments and conflicts, compromise is a concept of bargaining through communication and coming to an agreement by mutual concession.
Also Check: Reconciliation Quotes
Many great thinkers and leaders throughout history have spoken about the importance of compromise.
From philosophers to politicians, these quotes highlight the value of this skill and offer insights into why it is so essential for success in both personal and professional life.
Whether you’re looking for inspiration or just seeking to deepen your understanding of the concept, these insightful compromise quotes are sure to offer valuable perspectives and insights.
As stated by Vinita Dawra Nangia; “A healthy, balanced life demands compromise, but you must know where to draw the line, or else you erode your very identity!”
A life full of compromise is a sad life indeed. But then, a life without any compromise is no life at all – just a rigid and stubborn existence without adjustments.
These inspirational compromise quotes will give you an insight into how to adapt to an ever-changing life.
Top 10 Compromise Quotes
- “Don’t compromise yourself. You are all you’ve got.” – Janis Joplin
- “Courage, not compromise, brings the smile of God’s approval.” – Thomas S. Monson
- “Unless you are willing to compromise, society cannot live together.” – Alan Greenspan
- “Be careful not to compromise what you want most for what you want now.” –Zig Ziglar
- “To be or not to be is not a question of compromise. Either you be or you don’t be.” – Golda Meir
- “Any negotiation involves compromise and no one will get everything they want.” – Nicky Morgan
- “Never compromise your principles, even if it leads to difficulties in the short term.” – Alan Casden
- “The swift wind of compromise is a lot more devastating than the sudden jolt of misfortune.” – Charles R. Swindoll
- “A compromise is an art of dividing a cake in such a way that everyone believes he has the biggest piece.” – Ludwig Erhard
- “Do not compromise yourself and put your goodness in the same impermanent category as whatever circumstance happening. Be the best you in every circumstance.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Compromise is what binds people together. Compromise is sharing and conciliatory, it is loving and kind and unselfish.” ― Ali Harris
Best Compromise Quotes On Ethic And Principles
Compromises are important but not at cost of one’s values, ethics, and beliefs. People should know where to bend and where to stand their ground. Try and compromise in a way where everyone feels they have won.
- “Politics is compromise.” – Paddy Ashdown
- “Compromise is the best and cheapest lawyer.” – Robert Louis Stevenson
- “More often, there’s a compromise between ethics and expediency.” – Peter Singer
- “You must take the compromise to win, or else nothing. That means you race or you do not.” – Ayrton Senna
- “When the final result is expected to be a compromise, it is often prudent to start from an extreme position.” – John Maynard Keynes
- “If you set out to be liked, you would be prepared to compromise on anything at any time, and you would achieve nothing.” – Margaret Thatcher
- “You can compromise without violating your principles, but it is nearly impossible to compromise when you turn principles into ideology.” – Jamie Dimon
- “All government, indeed every human benefit and enjoyment, every virtue, and every prudent act, is founded on compromise and barter.” – Edmund Burke
- “Compromise makes a good umbrella, but a poor roof; it is temporary expedient, often wise in party politics, almost sure to be unwise in statesmanship.” – James Russell Lowell
- “There can be no compromise on basic principles. There can be no compromise on moral issues. There can be no compromise on matters of knowledge, of truth, of rational conviction.” – Ayn Rand
- “All compromise is based on give and take, but there can be no give and take on fundamentals. Any compromise on mere fundamentals is a surrender. For it is all give and no take.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “The ‘morality of compromise’ sounds contradictory. Compromise is usually a sign of weakness, or an admission of defeat. Strong men don’t compromise, it is said, and principles should never be compromised.” – Andrew Carnegie
Compromise Quotes About Relationships
Compromising plays a significant role in relationships with other people. Compromises can ease conflicts and ensure fair expectations. It maintains the integrity and fairness of a relationship.
- “Every compromise pursues false happiness.” – Lesha Vergnol
- “Don’t compromise even if it hurts to be yourself.” – Toby Keith
- “A good compromise is when both parties are dissatisfied.” – Larry David
- “Never compromise with what you want and what you deserve.” – Supreet Saluja
- “Commitment is another name for a relationship, not the compromise.” – Santosh Kalwar
- “A man’s wife is his compromise with the illusion of his first sweetheart.” – George Jean Nathan
- “In a relationship, when does the art of compromise become compromising.” – Sarah Jessica Parker
- “I cannot compromise my respect for your love. You can keep your love I will keep my respect.” – Unknown
- “I cannot compromise my respect for your love. You can keep your love, I will keep my respect.” – Amit Kalantri
- “If you want to bring an end to long-standing conflict, you have to be prepared to compromise.” – Aung San Suu Kyi
- “Remember that love is a compromise, but never let this compromise turn into a one-sided sacrifice.” – Ash Gabrieli
- “Compromise, communication and consistency are needed in all relationships, not just romantic ones.” – Unknown
- “Marriage is about compromise; it’s about doing something for the other person, even when you don’t want to.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “I will never compromise Truth for the sake of getting along with people who can only get along when we agree.” – D.R. Silva
- “Compromise is not an act of weakness. It demonstrates that you care for something or someone beyond yourself.” – Unknown
- “Compromise, communicate, and never go to bed angry – the three pieces of advice gifted and regifted to all newlyweds.” – Gillian Flynn
- “The best thing to learn in life is the habit of COMPROMISE. Because it is always better to bend a little than to break a beautiful relationship!” – Unknown
- “Every time you decide not to compromise your honesty in any form of a relationship, you become a co-partner with the Universe in creating truthful meaning for any existence.” – Sameh Elsayed
Wise Quotes On Compromising About Sacrifice
To grow in life it is very important to compromise in every difficult situation that life gets us into. Coming to a middle ground to resolve an issue is better rather than being stubborn about things and leaving them unresolved.
Compromising and sacrifice are essential tools to maintain peace because give and take are necessary to maintain a balanced situation and end a disagreement.
- “The devil is compromise.” – Henrik Ibsen
- “Compromise in colors is grey.” – Edi Rama
- “Compromise is a win-win strategy.” – Frank Sonnenberg
- “If you ask me to compromise on principle, I will get out the veto pen.” – Bill Owens
- “Make yourself your first priority…do not compromise with your priority….” – Unknown
- “It is the weak man who urges compromise – never the strong man.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Choice is a form of compromise, no? So why choose if you can have both?” – Neri Oxman
- “I need to hold on to my soul and my integrity, and I can’t compromise that.” – Megan Fox
- “If you have to compromise your ethics to get it, then it is not worth having.” – Akiroq Brost
- “When you say ‘yes’ to others, make sure you are not saying ‘no’ to yourself.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Learn the wisdom of compromise, for it is better to bend a little than to break.” – Jane Wells
- “The main aim is to up my game at every possible turn without compromise.” – Nicky Romero
- “You should not be the one doing all the bending. Compromise is a two-way street.” – Unknown
- “Don’t compromise on your values to please others. Keep your self-respect intact and walk away.” – Unknown
- “You may either win your peace or buy it: win it, by resistance to evil; buy it, by compromise with evil.” – John Ruskin
- “Let no one think that flexibility and a predisposition to compromise is a sign of weakness or a sell-out.” – Paul Kagame
- “We are not diplomats but prophets, and our message is not a compromise but an ultimatum.” – Aiden Wilson Tozer
- “Conciliation is not capitulation, nor is compromise to be deemed equivalent to imbalanced concession.” – Jalal Talabani
- “Never compromise your principles to either fit in or be like others. Keep your values and stay true to your beliefs.” – Unknown
- “Compromise means working out differences to forge a solution which fits the diversity of the body politic.” – Madeleine M. Kunin
- “Remember who you are. Don’t compromise for anyone, for any reason. You are a child of the Almighty God. Live that truth.” – Lysa TerKeurst
- “Compromise means to go just a little bit below what you know is right. It’s just a little bit, but it’s the little foxes that spoil the vine.” – Joyce Meyer
- “When developing an idea, I remind myself not to start with compromise. I envision the ideal manifestation of the idea, as if I had no limits in resources, materials, or permission.” – Janet Echelman
- “We all get lots of people. And maybe we don’t always get to have them the exact way we want them, but if we can figure out a way to compromise, you know, then we can keep them all.” – John Corey Whaley
- “If you compromise what you’re trying to do just a little bit, you’ll end up compromising a little more the next day or the next week, and when you lift your head, you’re suddenly really far away from where you’re trying to go.” – Spike Jonze
Quotes On Compromise In Life
- “I never compromise with my work.” – Remo D’Souza
- “Compromise is a stalling between two fools.” – Stephen Fry
- “Never compromise and sell yourself short.” – Naturi Naughton
- “Compromise is a mindset, not an activity.” – Frank Sonnenberg
- “Life is a combination of adjustments and compromises.” – Unknown
- “Don’t cut corners or compromise to achieve your dreams.” – Chanda Kochhar
- “Compromise for your dream but never compromise on your dream.” – Unknown
- “I convinced myself that sadness and compromise were the ways of the world…” – Erica Jong
- “Life is full of compromises, and whether or not you’re willing to negotiate.” – Julianne Moore
- “You need to do the work to bring the money in, but not compromise standards.” – Heston Blumenthal
- “If you constantly compromise things in your life, how will you ever realize your full potential?” – Unknown
- “Living is a compromise, between doing what you want and doing what other people want.” – John Updike
- “Compromise is a word found only in the vocabulary of those who have no will to fight.” – Josemaria Escriva
- “Compromise is like the middle of the road; always safer to walk on than the edges.” – Dwight D. Eisenhower
- “Tolerance, compromise, understanding, acceptance, patience – I want those all to be very sharp tools in my shed.” – CeeLo Green
- “Compromise is but the sacrifice of one right or good in the hope of retaining another — too often ending in the loss of both.” – Tryon Edwards
- “Mediation is one of the most effective tools of non-violence. It can turn parties away from conflict, towards compromise.” – Miroslav Lajcak
- “Human life is a series of compromises, and it is not always easy to achieve in practice what one has found to be true in theory.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Compromise is not about losing. It is about deciding that the other person has just as much right to be happy with the end result as you do.” – Donna Martini
- “They say it is better to be poor and happy than rich and miserable, but how about a compromise like moderately rich and just moody?” – Princess Diana
In order to achieve success and build strong relationships, it is important to be able to put aside our own wants and needs and find a solution that works for everyone.
Whether you’re negotiating with colleagues, friends, or family members, the ability to compromise is a crucial skill that can help you overcome obstacles and reach your goals.
If you think you can relate to these uplifting quotes feel free to spread your feelings and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
Which is your favorite compromise quote? If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.