Looking for short meaningful life quotes? We have rounded up the best collection of meaningful life quotes, sayings, captions, and status, (with images and pictures) to inspire you to live a purpose-driven life.
So what does it mean to live a meaningful life?
A meaningful life is one in which you feel engaged, connected to purpose, and able to connect to your real passions with your highest values.
Different people have different meanings of a fulfilled life. Some people think living a life of service to others and for the greater good is what makes our life meaningful. Whereas some people think to answer their soul calling and fulfilling their purpose in life will make it worthwhile.
Also See: Purpose of Life Quotes
So a meaningful life is to lead a life with the purpose, significance, fulfillment, and satisfaction of life. Your life becomes meaningful to you when you add meaning to other people. Showing compassion, kindness, and helping others is what will make life rich and significant.
Having an answer to every ‘why’ in your life is important for you to have a meaningful life.
Life is beautiful and we should try to live a life king size. Making the most of life and living it to its full potential should be your purpose in life. Living each moment as it comes and being present in each moment is what will make it a life well lived.
We have divided these insightful meaningful life sayings into these sections;
- Famous Meaningful Life Quotes
- Deep Quotes About A Meaningful Life
- Meaningful Quotes About Life
- Short Meaningful Life Quotes
Famous Meaningful Life Quotes
- “Life has meaning only if you do what is meaningful to you.” — Alan Cohen
- “The meaning of life is to find your gift. The purpose of life is to give it away.” ― Pablo Picasso
- “Life is like riding a bicycle. To keep your balance, you must keep moving.” — Albert Einstein
- “If you want to live a happy life, tie it to a goal, not to people or objects.” – Albert Einstein
- “Life isn’t about finding yourself. Life is about creating yourself.” — George Bernard Shaw
- “Live as if you were to die tomorrow. Learn as if you were to live forever.” — Mahatma Gandhi
- “It is better to have a meaningful life and make a difference than to merely have a long life.” – Bryant H. McGill
- “One key to creating a meaningful life, is choosing what we want to feel, and for how long.” — Bill Crawford
- “Happiness is the meaning and the purpose of life, the whole aim and end of human existence.” – Aristotle
- “Life is meaningful when you are always looking to grow and working towards a goal.” – Les Brown
- “Everyone is trying to accomplish something big, not realizing that life is made up of little things.” – Frank A. Clark
- “The true meaning of life is to plant trees, under whose shade you do not expect to sit.” — Nelson Henderson
- “Challenges are what make life interesting; overcoming them is what makes life meaningful.” — Joshua J. Marine
- “A meaningful life is not being rich, being popular, or being perfect. It’s about being real, being humble, being able to share ourselves and touch the lives of others.” – Unknown
- “My mission in life is not merely to survive, but to thrive; and to do so with some passion, some compassion, some humor, and some style.” — Maya Angelou
- “Life is without meaning. You bring the meaning to it. The meaning of life is whatever you ascribe it to be. Being alive is the meaning.” — Joseph Campbell
Deep Quotes About A Meaningful Life
“A life well lived” is one that was filled with happiness, achievement, and development over time. It means to fully live your life on do things which make you happy and proud.
Also See: Insightful Quotes
A lot of people live life on their terms and expectations. It means living a life that holds some meaning to those we’ve touched. So if you are inspired with these words of wisdom, then pursue your passion and give meaning to your life.
Also See: A Life Lived Well Quotes
As the popular quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson says; “The purpose of life is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”
- “The meaning of life is to give life meaning.” ― Viktor E. Frankl
- “Life is really simple, but we insist on making it complicated.” – Confucius
- “To give life a meaning, one must have a purpose larger than self.” – Will Durant
- “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.” — Oscar Wilde
- “A truly meaningful life must be built on a foundation of truth, honesty, love & respect.” – Unknown
- “Knowing God’s purpose for your life simplifies, focuses, and gives meaning to your life.” – Unknown
- “Meaningful work gives life purpose and connects you to something bigger than yourself.” – Germany Kent
- “Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can’t help them, at least don’t hurt them.” — Dalai Lama XIV
- “Life is like an onion: you peel it off one layer at a time, and sometimes you weep.” – Carl Sandburg
- “We create a meaningful life by what we accept as true and by what we create in the pursuit of truth, love, beauty, and adoration of nature.” ― Kilroy J. Oldster
- “Occupy your thoughts with purpose and you will be so busy pursuing a meaningful future there will be no time for doubt, chaos, and disappointment.” – Carlos Wallace
- “Happiness is within. It has nothing to do with how much applause you get or how many people praise you. Happiness comes when you believe that you have done something truly meaningful.” – Martin Yan
- “Life is difficult for everyone. Finding ways to make life meaningful and purposeful and rewarding, doing the activities that you love and spending time with the people that you love – I think that’s the meaning of this human experience.” – Steve Gleason
- “At the end of life, what really matters is not what we bought but what we built; not what we got but what we shared; not our competence but our character; and not our success, but our significance. Live a life that matters. Live a life of love…” – Unknown
- “Learn to enjoy every minute of your life. Be happy now. Don’t wait for something outside of yourself to make you happy in the future. Think how really precious is the time you have to spend, whether it’s at work or with your family. Every minute should be enjoyed and savored.” – Earl Nightingale
Top Meaningful Quotes About Life
Once you decide and understand the purpose of life, half the work is done. To accomplish a great life and our dreams, goal setting and working towards it every day with utmost focus is most important.
Also See: Meaningful Friendship Quotes
A meaningful life is the one that makes you smile at the end of your journey. One that makes you feel content, worthwhile and proud to have lived it. When we touch people’s life with love, kindness, and support, we feel content and satisfied with our existence.
These famous and unique quotes by great writers, authors, leaders, personalities, give an insight on how a life of true meaning and purpose should be lived. Don’t forget to check our post on philosophical quotes to give you the right perspective on life.
- “Life is an adventure, dare it.” – Mother Teresa
- “The purpose of life is a life of purpose.” – Robert Byrne
- “Meaningful life is when the person dies with memories instead of dreams.”- Unknown
- “Your purpose in life is to find your purpose and give your whole heart and soul to it.” ― Buddha
- “Having a purpose to wake up to each day will challenge us and give us meaning.” – Zoe McKey
- “Work gives you meaning and purpose and life is empty without it.” – Stephen Hawking
- “Purpose gives meaning to our being, and purpose has myriad meanings for us.” – Unknown
- “Unless you assume a God, the question of life’s purpose is meaningless.” — Bertrand Russell
- “The most valuable lessons in life cannot be taught, they must be experienced.” – Liam Payne
- “If you want to enjoy the rainbow, be prepared to endure the storm.” – Warren W. Wiersbe
- “Life is 10% what happens to you and 90% how you react to it.” – Charles R. Swindoll
- “We must be willing to let go of the life we planned so as to have the life that is waiting for us.” — Joseph Campbell
- “Without God, life has no purpose, and without purpose, life has no meaning, life has no significance or hope.” – Rick Warren
- “The purpose of life is to discover your gift. The work of life is to develop it. The meaning of life is to give your gift away.” — David Viscott
- “Learn to light a candle in the darkest moments of someone’s life. Be the light that helps others see; it is what gives life its deepest significance.” ― Roy T. Bennett, The Light in the Heart
Read on to find these encouraging words of wisdom that will motivate you to keep hustling in building your business, leading your life, creating success, achieving your goals, and overcoming your fears to do anything you set your mind to.
If you are think you can relate with these meaninful life sayings feel free to spread your feelings and share it with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.