65 A Life Well Lived Quotes To Celebrate Life
Looking for heartfelt warm quotes about a life well lived? We have rounded up the best collection of a life well lived quotes, messages, sayings, and poems, (with images and pictures) to remember and celebrate the life of a loved one who has passed.
“A life well lived” means a life that was filled with happiness, achievement, and development over time.
It means to fully live your life by doing things that make you happy and proud. A lot of people live life on their terms and expectations.
Also See: Free Spirit Quotes
And when we look back on their journey of life, we find a fulfilled and complete one. One which is full of experiences and not of regrets.
Life is beautiful and we should try to live life king-size. It means making the most of what you have and never settling for less than the life you are capable of living.
Making the most of life and living it to its full potential should be your purpose in life.
As the popular quote by Ralph Waldo Emerson says; “The purpose of life is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.”
- A Life Well Lived Quotes
- Quotes About A Life Well Lived
- A Life Lived Well Quotes For Funeral Or Eulogy
These positive quotes about being wild and free for free-thinking and open-minded people will encourage you to trust your soul and achieve your dreams.
Also, check our posts on old soul quotes and spiritual growth quotes which will give you meaningful perspective.
Top 10 A Life Well Lived Quotes
- “Life is ours to be spent, not to be saved.” — D.H. Lawrence
- “God gave us the gift of life; it is up to us to give ourselves the gift of living well.” — Voltaire
- “You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough.” — Mae West
- “To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist. ” — Oscar Wilde
- “A life well-lived in the most exquisite work of art.” — Erwin Mcmanus
- “Not how long, but how well you have lived is the main thing.” — Seneca
- “Happiness is not a goal. It’s a by-product of a life well-lived.” — Elenor Roosevelt
- “In the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years.” — Unknown
- “The purpose of life is to be useful, to be honorable, to be compassionate, to have it make some difference that you have lived and lived well.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “The man is a success who has lived well, loved much, and laughed often.” — Robert Louis Stevenson
- “Life must be lived and curiosity kept alive. One must never, for whatever reason, turn his back on life” – Eleanor Roosevelt
- “When I’m taking my last breath, I want to look at how I used up the best of myself. How much did I sweat, push, pull, rip, fall, hit, crash, explode? My dream is to be so well-used that in my last-half second, I just burst into dust” – Elizabeth Streb
- “The secret to living well and longer is: eat half, walk double, laugh triple and love without measure.” — Tibetan Proverbs
- “Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well-preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming ‘Wow! What a Ride!’” – Hunter S. Thompson
- “Life does not come with instructions on how to live, but it does come with trees, sunsets, smiles and laughter, so enjoy your day.” — Debbie Shapiro
Famous Quotes About A Life Well Lived
The list of celebration of a life well lived quotes and messages can be used in sympathy cards and funerals to cope with the grief and sadness in a positive way.
You may also find these positive and loving words to cope with your grief or honor someone you care about who has to lead a meaningful and inspiring life.
- “A life well lived, is a life well loved.” — Unknown
- “Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile.” — Albert Einstein
- “Their life was lived to the fullest and will be one we never forget.” — Unknown
- “Create a story of which you will be proud.” ― Pam Jenoff
- “Time well spent leads to life well lived.” ― Martin Uzochukwu Ugwu
- “The great use of life is to spend it for something that will outlast it.” — William James
- “Neither fire nor wind, birth nor death can erase our good deeds.” — Buddha
- “The truth is that a life well-lived is always lived on a rising scale of difficulty.” — N.D. Wilson
- “As a day well spent brings happy sleep, so life well used brings happy death.” — Leonardo da Vinci
- “A man with outward courage dares to die; a man with inner courage dares to live.” — Lao Tzu
- And to live well meant, along with more enjoyable things in life, to live according to your principles. — Unknown
- “We must each lead a way of life with self-awareness and compassion, to do as much as we can. Then, whatever happens, we will have no regrets.” — The Dalai Lama
- “Life is not measured by the number of breaths we take, but by the moments that take our breath away.” — Maya Angelou
- “Beauty comes from a life well lived. If you’ve lived well, your smile lines are in the right places” – Jennifer Garner
- “Let your children be as so many flowers, borrowed from God. If the flowers die or wither, thank God for a summer loan of them.” — Samuel Rutherford
- Strive for a life well-lived. Each one with their own aims, preferences, and meaning. Always, of course, without harming other persons or preventing others from being able to form a good life for themselves. Jose Gonzalez
- “When I’m old and dying, I plan to look back on my life and say ‘wow, that was an adventure,’ not ‘wow, I sure felt safe’” – Tom Preston-Werner
- “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man who lives fully is prepared to die at any time” – Mark Twain
- “It’s so much darker when a light goes out than it would have been if it had never shone” – John Steinbeck
- Victories are achieved one choice at a time. A life well lived is chosen one day at a time. — Lysa TerKeurst
- Don’t be afraid of death; be afraid of an unlived life. You don’t have to live forever, you just have to live. — Natalie Babbitt
- “You’re not supposed to die with your potential. A life well lived squeezes all the potential placed within and does something with it” – Erwin McManus
- “If we have been pleased with life, we should not be displeased with death, since it comes from the hand of the same master” – Michelangelo
- “To do what you wanna do, to leave a mark – in a way that you think is important and lasting – that’s a life well-lived” – Laurene Powell Jobs
- “What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments but what is woven into the lives of others” – Thucydides
- Life is not about winning the race. Life is about finishing the race, and how many people we can all help finish this race. How we can start being kinder to each other — Marc Mero
- “I don’t want to get to the end of my life and find that I lived just the length of it. I want to have lived the width of it as well” – Diane Ackerman
- “I can’t think of a more wonderful thanksgiving for the life I have had than that everyone should be jolly at my funeral” – Admiral Lord Mountbatten
- “Without dignity, our lives are only blinks of duration. But if we manage to lead a good life well, we create something more. We write a subscript to our mortality. We make our lives tiny diamonds in the cosmic sands” – Ronald Dworkin
A Life Lived Well Quotes For Funeral Or Eulogy
The best way to remember someone who we have lost to death is by appreciating and celebrating their memories in life. A life well lived and some heartfelt words are the best way to express your love and respect for them to keep them alive in our memories.
Also See: Live Life To The Fullest
Even in the sad and grieving moments of losing someone, We can always find comfort in knowing that it was a life well lived.
Throughout history, religious scriptures, cultures, religions, and more, the universal truth is: Death isn’t necessarily a tragedy if someone lived a full and meaningful life.
These warm quotes are the perfect words for a funeral or for a eulogy to dedicate to their memorial.
- “Only the good die young.” — Billy Joel
- “A life well lived leaves others enriched.” — Unknown
- “Life, if well lived, is long enough.” — Lucius Annaeus Seneca
- “We remember a life well lived and celebrate their legacy.” — Unknown
- “Evidence of a life well lived is found in those who love you.” — Unknown
- “Make your epitaph simply read; “A life well lived”.” — Mark Desvaux
- “A life of service is a life well and greatly lived.” — Omoakhuana Anthonia
- “Evidence of a life well-lived is found in those who love you.” — Unknown
- “The highest tribute to the dead is not grief but gratitude.” — Thornton Wilder
- “Through the way they lived and embraced life, we will always remember [name].” — Unknown
- “I feel blessed to have known and be touched by [names] presence. They lived their life as an example to us all.” — Unknown
- “We will remember a life that was full of love. He/she lived their life with generosity and warmth we will miss forever.” — Unknown
- “Let us pay tribute to and remember the incredible life of [name]. They truly lived like there was no tomorrow.” — Unknown
- “Today we look back on and remember [names] life and how well they loved it. A life that touched us all and left wonderful memories we will cherish forever.” — Unknown
- “Very few people achieved as much as [name] in their life. I smile when I think of and remember everything they did. It was a truly amazing life.” — Unknown
- “No one is actually dead until the ripples they cause in the world die away.” — Terry Pratchett
- “For if we live, we live to the Lord, and if we die, we die to the Lord.” — The Bible, Romans 14:8
- “Set thy heart upon thy work, but never on its reward.” — The Bhagavad Gita
- “O soul that is at rest! Return to your Lord, well-pleased (with him), well-pleasing (him), So enter among my servants, and enter into my garden.” — The Koran, 89:27-30
- “Be very careful, then, how you live — not as unwise but as wise, making the most of every opportunity because the days are evil.” — The Bible, Ephesians 5:16-16
These inspirational quotes about living a life well also cover beautiful quotes about short life lived well, a tribute to a life well lived, words in memory of a life well lived, and more to inspire you to make the most of life.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more to spread positive vibes.
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.