John Fitzgerald Kennedy, often referred to as JFK, was the 35th President of the United States. He was born on May 29, 1917, and tragically assassinated on November 22, 1963, in Dallas, Texas. Delve into the timeless wisdom of John F. Kennedy quotes on life, success, courage, politics, and greatness from his inauguration address and other milestone speeches.
JFK made history on January 20, 1961, as the youngest person to become the president of the United States of America. His office tenure was, unfortunately, cut short on November 22, 1963, when he was shot down beside his wife while riding in a motorcade in Dallas, making him the youngest president to die.
Also Check: Theodore Roosevelt Quotes
His advocacy for civil rights, economic reforms, and U.S. space exploration programs gained him massive popularity in the country.
Some of his noteworthy achievements include; the successful negotiations for the Nuclear Test-Ban Treaty with Great Britain and the Soviet Union, the Alliance for Progress with Latin America, and the establishment of the Peace Corps.
Despite spending a short time in the White House, Kennedy remains among America’s most-liked Presidents for his charisma, inspiring leadership, and efforts to change the country for the better.
Also Check: Nelson Mandela Quotes
He inspired Americans to be more active and do what is right for the greater good of society and the world.
He also mentioned it in his Inaugural Address, “And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you–ask what you can do for your country.”
Here are the best JFK quotes on war, peace, freedom, and morality to inspire and motivate you.
Top 10 John F. Kennedy Quotes
- “We must use time as a tool, not as a couch.” — John F. Kennedy
- “We celebrate the past to awaken the future.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Forgive your enemies, but never forget their names.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Those who dare to fail miserably can achieve greatly.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Conformity is the jailer of freedom and the enemy of growth.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Efforts and courage are not enough without purpose and direction.” — John F. Kennedy
- “The rights of every man are diminished when the rights of one man are threatened.” — John F. Kennedy
- “If a free society cannot help the many who are poor, it cannot save the few who are rich.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Change is the law of life. And those who look only to the past or present are certain to miss the future.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Ask not what your country can do for you; ask what you can do for your country.” ― John F. Kennedy
- “As we express our gratitude, we must never forget that the highest appreciation is not to utter words, but to live by them.” — John F. Kennedy
Best Quotes By John F. Kennedy (JFK)
- “Victory has a hundred fathers and defeat is an orphan.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Mankind must put an end to war before war puts an end to mankind.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Children are the world’s most valuable resource and its best hope for the future.” — John F. Kennedy
- “We must find time to stop and thank the people who make a difference in our lives.” — John F. Kennedy
- “The goal of education is the advancement of knowledge and the dissemination of truth.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.” — John F. Kennedy
- “A nation reveals itself not only by the men it produces but also by the men it honors, the men it remembers.” — John F. Kennedy
- “If freedom is to survive and prosper, it will require the sacrifice, the effort and the thoughtful attention of every citizen.” — John F. Kennedy
- “We choose to go to the moon in this decade and do the other things, not because they are easy, but because they are hard.” — John F. Kennedy
- “The courage of life is often a less dramatic spectacle than the courage of a final moment; but it is no less a magnificent mixture of triumph and tragedy.” — John F. Kennedy
John F. Kennedy Famous Quotes
John F. Kennedy quotes are like a light that keeps shining, reminding us to always try to make the world a better place.”
- “Rising tide lifts all boats.” — John F. Kennedy
- “I’m an idealist without illusions.” — John F. Kennedy
- “The pay is good and I can walk to work.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Man is still the most extraordinary computer of all.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Leadership and learning are indispensable to each other.” — John F. Kennedy
- “One person can make a difference, and everyone should try.” — John F. Kennedy
- “We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea, whether it is to sail or to watch – we are going back from whence we came.” — John F. Kennedy
- “When written in Chinese, the word ‘crisis’ is composed of two characters. One represents danger and the other represents opportunity.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Physical fitness is not only one of the most important keys to a healthy body, it is the basis of dynamic and creative intellectual activity.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Our problems are man-made, therefore they may be solved by man. And man can be as big as he wants. No problem of human destiny is beyond human beings.” — John F. Kennedy
Powerful JFK Quotes
- “Do not pray for easy lives. Pray to be stronger men.” — John F. Kennedy
- “A man may die, nations may rise and fall, but an idea lives on.” — John F. Kennedy
- “The basic problems facing the world today are not susceptible to a military solution.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Liberty without Learning is always in peril and Learning without Liberty is always in vain.” — John F. Kennedy
- “We cannot negotiate with people who say what’s mine is mine and what’s yours is negotiable.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Tolerance implies no lack of commitment to one’s own beliefs. Rather it condemns the oppression or persecution of others.” — John F. Kennedy
- “All free men, wherever they may live, are citizens of Berlin. And therefore, as a free man, I take pride in the words ‘Ich bin ein Berliner!’” — John F. Kennedy
- “Our most basic common link is that we all inhabit this planet. We all breathe the same air. We all cherish our children’s future. And we are all mortal.” — John F. Kennedy
- “The cost of freedom is always high, but Americans have always paid it. And one path we shall never choose, and that is the path of surrender, or submission.” — John F. Kennedy
- “Geography has made us neighbors. History has made us friends. Economics has made us partners, and necessity has made us allies. Those whom God has so joined together, let no man put asunder.” — John F. Kennedy
Top 10 Facts About John F. Kennedy (JFK)
John F. Kennedy, also known by his initials JFK, was a prominent figure in the development of the modern world. Apart from being the President, he was an advocate for civil rights and social justice.
He diligently worked to prevent nuclear war, and his commitment to peace and freedom is remembered to this day. Here are a few facts about JFK to get you covered up.
- John F. Kennedy was the first Roman Catholic President.
- He was the youngest person to be elected as President.
- Kennedy served as the 35th president of the United States.
- He was assassinated in 1963, in Dallas in the state of Texas.
- He was very good at American Football.
- JFK donated his Presidential salary to charity.
- He loved to doodle boats, triangles, and staircases.
- He wrote his own spy book, but he never released it.
- Kennedy believed everyone should have equal rights regardless of their skin color.
- He has an airport named after him. The main airport in New York is named John F. Kennedy International Airport.
- JFK authored several books namely Profiles in Courage, A Nation of Immigrants, John F. Kennedy: In His Own Words and more.
- He faced several foreign crises during his tenure as the President, especially the Cuban Missile Crisis and supporting the Western Bloc in Berlin, but still managed to perform his duties diligently.
If you think you can relate to these best John F. Kennedy quotes and speeches feel free to spread your feelings and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
If we have missed some John F. Kennedy Quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.