Looking for inspirational quotes for your stress management? We have rounded up the best collection of stress quotes, sayings, captions, and stress-relief quotes, (with images and pictures) to encourage you to deal with stressful situations calmly.
Stress is a feeling of emotional or physical tension. Anything at work, in relationships, or in life can give you stress. And with stress comes worrying thoughts, anxiety, or panic attacks.
Be it a financial crisis, personal relationship issues, or health problems, we have to face challenges in every aspect of life.
But being mentally strong, and maintaining your calm and composure will help us in handling stress in a better way.
Being in stress can affect your mental health, emotional well-being, and also physical wellness. So being stress-free is very important for a happy and healthy living.
Also See: Mentally Tired Quotes
So what causes us stress? Stress can be the outcome of overthinking, being regretful of past events, or worrying too much about the future. When things are out of our control then we are unable to cope with mental or emotional pressure.
Being overworked, sleep deprivation, anxiety, depression, challenges, financial problems, or tiredness are some of the causes of being stressed.
These motivational quotes about stress will help us deal with any situation with a positive mindset and be stress free.
Handling stress can help you deal with changes in a healthier way. Some relaxation activities, such as exercises, meditation, yoga, and muscle relaxation can help you reduce your stress levels.
Top 10 Stress Quotes And Sayings
- “Stress is caused by your thoughts, not the situation.” – Unknown
- “You can do anything, but not everything.” –David Allen
- “It’s not stress that kills us, it is our reaction to it.” – Hans Selye
- “Stress should be a powerful driving force, not an obstacle.” ― Bill Phillips
- “If you’re stressing over happiness, you’re doing it wrong!” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Reality is the leading cause of stress among those in touch with it.” – Lily Tomlin
- “Set peace of mind as your highest goal, and organize your life around it.” — Brian Tracy
- “Your calm mind is the ultimate weapon against your challenges. So relax.” ―Bryant McGill
- “It is not a daily increase, but a daily decrease. Hack away at the inessentials.”– Bruce Lee
- “God will never give you anything you can’t handle, so don’t stress.” – Kelly Clarkson
- “Tension is a habit. Relaxing is a habit. Bad habits can be broken, good habits formed.” ―William James
- “A diamond is just a piece of charcoal that handled stress exceptionally well.” – Anonymous
- “These mountains that you are carrying, you were only supposed to climb.”– Najwa Zebian
- “If you treat every situation as a life and death matter, you’ll die a lot of times.”– Dean Smith
- “Our anxiety does not come from thinking about the future, but from wanting to control it.” – Kahlil Gibran
- “Don’t believe every worried thought you have. Worried thoughts are notoriously inaccurate.” — Renee Jain
- “Stress acts as an accelerator: it will push you either forward or backward, but you choose which direction.” ―Chelsea Erieau
- “Do not anticipate trouble or worry about what may never happen. Keep in the sunlight.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “One of the best ways to reduce stress is to accept the things that you cannot control.” – M. P. Neary
- “Stress and unhappiness come not from situations, but how you respond to situations.” – Brian Tracy
- “In a year you’ll barely remember why you felt so stressed, so why stress about it now?” – Unknown
- “Rule number one is, don’t sweat the small stuff. Rule number two is, it’s all small stuff.”– Robert Eliot
- “Today I refuse to stress myself out about things I cannot control or change.”- Anonymous
- “… some stress is necessary in our lives when we want to stimulate creativity, or to promote learning.” –Christian J. Borg
- “Each moment of worry, anxiety or stress represents lack of faith in miracles, for they never cease.” ― T.F. Hodge
- “When you find yourself stressed, ask yourself one question: Will this matter in 5 years from now? If yes, then do something about the situation. If no, then let it go.” ―Catherine Pulsifer
- “In times of great stress or adversity, it’s always best to keep busy, to plow your anger and your energy into something positive.” – Lee Iacocca
- “Times of stress are also times that are signals for growth, and if we use adversity properly, we can grow through adversity.” — Rabbi Dr. Abraham Twerski
- “You must learn to let go. Release the stress. You were never in control anyway.” ― Steve Maraboli
- “Worrying is a waste of time; it changes nothing. It will only create stress, which can have major effects on your health.” – Robert Washington
- “Stress can destroy much more than just our physical health. Too often, it eats away at our hope, belief, and faith.” – Charles F. Glassman
- “When I look back on all these worries, I remember the story of the old man who said on his deathbed that he had had a lot of trouble in his life, most of which had never happened.” – Winston Churchill
Quotes About Stressed Out
Everyone in the world deals with stress, but some are better at handling it. The way we react to a high-pressure situation is what makes all the difference.
But amidst all the stress and chaos you need to take some time off, take a break, relax, and clear your mind. Unplugging yourself from routine work and chaos will help you with recharged energies and perform better.
Also See: I’m Tired Quotes
Sometimes, when you are all stressed-out some encouraging words can remind you that everything will be ok, and there is no point fretting about it.
If you’re enjoying these quotes, make sure to read our collection of health quotes to help you lead a healthy lifestyle with a balanced mind, body, and soul.
- “There is more to life than increasing its speed.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “You won’t stress over it unless you care.”― Joyce Rachelle
- “The time to relax is when you don’t have time for it.” ― Sydney J. Harris
- “If you think too far ahead, then it’ll just stress you out.” – Laurie Hernandez
- “Yesterday is gone. Tomorrow has not yet come. We have only today. Let us begin.” ―Mother Teresa
- “Reality is the leading cause of stress amongst those in touch with it.” ― Jane Wagner
- “Stress is nothing more than a socially acceptable form of mental illness?” – Richard Carlson
- “Stress, anxiety, and depression are caused when we are living to please others.” – Paulo Coelho
- “I think one of the biggest things that sleep does is help with emotional stress.” – Joe Zeller
- “Problems can be experienced as… a chance for renewal rather than stress.” – Marilyn Ferguson
- “Trying to be a perfectionist brings increased stress and hinders performance.” – T. Whitmore
- “Over-thinking causes unnecessary stress and worry, and tends to blow things out of proportion.” – Melissa Eshleman
- “The greatest mistake you can make in life is to be continually fearing you will make one.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “Don’t let your mind bully your body into believing it must carry the burden of its worries.” – Astrid Alauda
- The people in your life should be a source of reducing stress, not causing it. If not let go. – Anonymous
- “When money becomes your purpose, stress and depression becomes your path.”― Prabakaran Thirumala
- “Much of the stress that people feel doesn’t come from having too much to do. It comes from not finishing what they’ve started.”– David Allen
- “Behind every stressful thought is the desire for things to be other than they are.” – Toni Bernhard
- “The more stress you accumulate, the heavier it becomes. If you accumulate too much, the weight of carrying it can break you.”― Oscar Auliq-Ice
- “Remember that stress doesn’t come from what’s going on in your life. It comes from your thoughts about what’s going on in your life.”– Andrew Bernstein
- “People become attached to their burdens sometimes more than the burdens are attached to them.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “Remember that every time you say yes to something, especially when you are half-hearted in agreeing, you add stress in your life.” – Philip Vang
- “Happiness is a choice. You can choose to be happy. There’s going to be stress in life, but it’s your choice whether you let it affect you or not.” – Valerie Bertinelli
- “The truth is that stress doesn’t come from your boss, your kids, your spouse, traffic jams, health challenges, or other circumstances. It comes from your thoughts about these circumstances.” – Andrew J. Bernstein
Inspirational Quotes On Stress And Dealing It
There are different types of stress, which we all experience. It may be work-related stress about a project or deadlines, or anxiety about an upcoming exam. But does worrying make the solution any easier? Well, the answer is NO.
The best we can do is to focus on the positives and do things with an optimistic approach to get control over the problem.
Sometimes stress about past mistakes can fill us with guilt, shame and other negative feelings which puts us in a very dark mental space.
Also See: Finding Peace Quotes
These motivational don’t stress quotes will help you in overcoming those thoughts and work as a stress-buster.
- “Nothing is permanent in this world. Not even stress.” – Unknown
- “Gratitude can reduce your stress and anxiety.” – Bree Miller
- “Creating something I can use is the best stress reliever.” – Blake Lively
- “Just enjoy every moment – don’t stress. Just be yourself.” – Mabel
- “Stress and striving always color your art in unintended ways.”― Allen Arnold
- “Every day brings a choice: to practice stress or to practice peace.” – Joan Borysenko
- “My key to dealing with stress is simple: just stay cool and stay focused.” – Ashton Eaton
- “There’s a lot of stress… but once you get in the car, all that goes out the window. – Dan Brown
- “You don’t have to see the whole staircase, just take the first step.” ― Martin Luther King
- “The greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another. – William James
- “Stress is largely self-inflicted, so the ability to manage stress more effectively comes from managing oneself.” ―Michael Hetherington
- “You cannot be a stress-free person and remain anxious and depressed. Getting rid of your stress is the key to saving your sanity.” – Jack Brady
- “Much of the stress people encounter is derived from dishonesty. People first lie to themselves and then to others.” – David DeNotaris
- “Practicing mindful meditation is an extremely effective way to manage both our feelings of stress and anxiety.” – Kristine Ally
- “Stress can result in anxiety if handled poorly, or achievement if handled well. Instead of thinking about your worries as problems, think of them as challenges – and if possible, as opportunities.” ―Chelsea Erieau
- “Worrying and Stressing is useless simply because whatever GOD has for you is for you. Let GOD happen.” – Sabrina Newby
- “Stress is not what happens to us. It’s our response TO what happens. And RESPONSE is something we can choose.” —Maureen Killoran
- “At some point, I finally realized that stress made a really bad companion… so I had it pack its shit and leave.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Sometimes when people are under stress, they hate to think, and it’s the time when they most need to think.” – William J. Clinton
- “If you are distressed by anything external, the pain is not due to the thing itself but to your own estimate of it; and this you have the power to revoke at any moment.” — Marcus Aurelius
- “There is no such thing as a stress-free life. No evidence has ever been presented which suggests that a stress-free life can ever be achieved. Stress can be managed, relieved and lessened, but never eliminated.” — Gudjon Bergmann
Motivational Quotes To Relieve Your Stress
Relationships are a very important factor in out emotional well-being. If we are facing difficulties in our relationship with our friends, family, or partner then it is one of the main reasons for our sadness and stressed minds.
Diffusion the stressful situation by talking out and understanding can help you as a stress reliever. These no-stress quotes and stress-less sayings will give you the right motivation to worry less.
- “It’s not stress that kills us, it’s our reaction to it.” – Hans Selye
- “I enjoy an evening stroll. It helps me to reflect and eases stress.” – Blac Chyna
- “Where there is a lack of rest, there is an abundance of stress.” Lysa TerKeurst
- “A good way to overcome stress is to help others out of theirs.” ― Dada J. P. Vaswani
- “Stress is an ignorant state. It believes that everything is an emergency.” – Natalie Goldberg
- “I’ve chosen to treat my life more like a party than something to stress about. – Martin Short
- “Almost everything will work again if you unplug it for a few minutes…Including you.” – Anne Lamott
- “Whenever you feel tension mounting up, just smile: you will break the force of tension.”― Dada J. P. Vaswani
- “Everyone is struggling under stress and fear. Only with right attitude we can avoid regrets.” – Kishore Bansal
- “It isn’t the mountain ahead that wears you out; it’s the grain of sand in your shoe.” ― Robert W. Service
- “Sometimes the most important thing in a whole day is the rest we take between two deep breaths.” – Etty Hillesum
- “Stress comes from the fear of the unknown. To reduce stress, love what you do and be who you are.”― Debasish Mridha
- “Times of stress and difficulty are seasons of opportunity when the seeds of progress are sown.” – Thomas F. Woodlock
- “Stress is the trash of modern life we all generate it but if you don’t dispose of it properly, it will pile up and overtake your life.” – Danzae Pace
- “In times of stress, the best thing we can do for each other is to listen with our ears and our hearts and to be assured that our questions are just as important as our answers.” – Fred Rogers
- “Don’t stress over being yourself. The act of being yourself is simply to be. Be without changing yourself for others. Simply be.”― Avina Celeste
- “Resistance creates suffering. Stress happens when your mind resists what is. The only problem in your life is your mind’s resistance to life as it unfolds. You don’t have to control your thoughts.” – Dan Millman
- “All the suffering, stress, and addiction comes from not realizing you already are what you are looking for.” – Jon Kabat-Zinn
- “Stress and anxiety cause our brains to release chemicals that put lines in our faces and tear us down emotionally and spiritually.” – Chris Prentiss
- “We can easily manage if we will only take, each day, the burden appointed to it. But the load will be too heavy for us if we carry yesterday’s burden over again today, and then add the burden of the morrow before we are required to bear it.” ―John Newton
Funny Stress Quotes To Help You Relax
Stress is the greatest enemy of your happiness. So say good bye to your stressful thoughts and laugh it out.
Also See: Applying Pressure Quotes
As they say, laughter is the best medicine. So these funny stress quotes will help you tickle your funny bone and smile over things out of your control.
These short hilarious stress captions are sarcastic, relatable, witty and will surely be the perfect caption for your Instagram posts of a busy working day.
- “I am 1% human and 99% stress.”
- “Dear stress….lets break up.”
- “Whatever happens, don’t stress.”
- “If stress burned calories I’d be a supermodel.”
- “Stress spelled backward is desserts.” – Loretta Laroche
- “Give your stress wings and let if fly away.” – Terri Guillemets
- “Make jokes. No stress. Love. Live life. Proceed. Progress.” – Lil Wayne
- “Sometimes the most productive thing you can do is relax.” –Mark Black
- “Relax. No one else knows what they’re doing either.”― Ricky Gervais
- “Laughter helps bring balance to a stressful situation.” – Kala Stevenson
- “We must have a pie. Stress cannot exist in the presence of a pie.”- David Mamet
- “Never look in the mirror when your stressed it’s contagious.” – Benny Bellamacina
- “The best way to reduce stress in your life is to stop screwing up.” – Roy F. Baumeister
- “Make others laugh by laughing at yourself. This is the best way to de-stress.”― Tapan Ghosh
- “Stress is like spice – in the right proportion it enhances the flavor of a dish. Too little produces a bland, dull meal; too much may choke you.” – Donald Tubesing
Sometimes pressure and stress can be used as a positive nudge that inspires us to push through challenges.
Our reaction to any situation decides whether it will be positive or negative. So try and be relaxed and calm before diving into any overwhelming situation.
Stress can lead to a negative thought pattern, anxiety, depression, and even health problems. If you feel panic-stricken under stress, then try methods and consultation to prevent and reduce it.
The mundane routine, troubled relationship problems, financial stress, and constant failure may give you sleepless nights and you feel you have reached your breaking point in life.
In modern times, we see teens and kids very stressed out due to studies, exams, and peer pressure. It leads to sadness and mental fatigue which can affect children very adversely.
Coping with stressful issues can be easy if we first start by understanding the situation. It will help us get a clear picture of the pros and cons.
More Inspirational Quotes
If you feel anxious and nervous on a constant basis, then it is advisable to consult a professional therapist to get the much-needed guidance to feel relaxed.
Let us know which of the above stressing quotes and sayings you resonate the most with. If you have a favorite quote that is not on the above list, please share it in the comments section below.
Feel free to share these uplifting quotes with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom to inspire you.