I’ve rounded up the best collection of scars quotes, sayings, and captions (with images and pictures) that will help you overcome the pain and move forward in life.
Scars are the marks that remain after a wound has healed. They are a physical reminder of a past injury or trauma and can serve as a symbol of resilience and strength.
However, scars can also be emotional or psychological. They are the invisible marks that remain after we have experienced pain or trauma, and they can have a lasting impact on our lives.
Emotional scars can be just as difficult to heal as physical scars, and they can affect our mental health and well-being for years to come.
Scar quotes often emphasize the resilience and strength that comes from living through difficult experiences and emerging out stronger.
They encourage us to embrace our scars as a part of our story, rather than as something to be hidden or ashamed of.
Scar quotes are often poignant and reflective, capturing the depth of emotions that come with living through difficult experiences.
Top 10 Sad Scar Quotes
- “Our scars make us beautiful.” – Danielle Orner
- “To be alive at all is to have scars.” – John Steinbeck
- “The scars of others should teach us caution.” – St. Jerome
- “Scars are an affirmation of living.” – Joshua Wisenbaker
- “The marks humans leave are too often scars.” – John Green
- “Scars are a warrior’s beauty marks.” – Matshona Dhliwayo
- “Scars speak more loudly than the sword that caused them.” – Paulo Coelho
- “The person may have a scar, but it also means they have a story.” – Jodi Picoult
- “Scars fade with time. And the ones that never go away, well, they build character, maturity, caution.” – Erin McCarthy
- “I don’t think I’ve ever dared to write down what I see in the ruins of me, or tell in any detail the scars and all their secrets.” – Ashly Lorenzana
Emotional Quotes On Scars
Many writers, poets, and artists have explored the theme of scars in their work, using it as a metaphor for the trials and tribulations of life.
They remind us that scars are not just physical marks, but a testament to our ability to overcome adversity and emerge stronger on the other side and move on in life.
- “Turn your scars into stars.” – Robert H. Schuller
- “Invisible scars aren’t empty.” – Ragini Chowrasia
- “But not all scars showed, did they?” – Eileen Wilks
- “They’re just scars. They’re not you.” – Laura Jarratt
- “The strongest hearts have the most scars.” – Unknown
- “The best people all have some kind of scar.” – Kiera Cass
- “Scars are just another kind of memory.” – M.L. Stedman
- “What doesn’t kill you is gonna leave a scar.” – Marilyn Manson
- “Behind every scar, there is an untold story of survival.” – Unknown
- “I’ll proudly show my scars after overcoming the storm.” – Unknown
- “Forgiveness is a scalpel that removes emotional scars.” – Maxwell Maltz
- “I look in the mirror and see a few scars, but I like myself.” – Steven Adler
- “Historic scores cannot be settled, and scars cannot be obliterated.” – Ehud Olmert
- “The girl wore her scars the way some women wore their finest jewelry.” – Sarah J. Maas
- “Scars show us where we have been, they do not dictate where we are going.” – David Rossi
- “Scars show toughness: that you’ve been through it, and you’re still standing.” – Theo Rossi
- “It’s easy for someone to joke about scars if they’ve never been cut.” – William Shakespeare
- “A really strong woman accepts the war she went through and is ennobled by her scars.” – Carly Simon
- “Emotional scars run deeper than the Nile and often lie lurking behind a smile.” – Khang Kijarro Nguyen
- “The emotional scars of our mistakes will teach us far more than the joy of our successes.” – Steven Aitchison
- “The more you open up, the more you get hurt. So basically, I’m just riddled with scars and I just don’t want any more.” – Freddie Mercury
- “You showed me your scars expecting me to run off but little did you know that I was going to show you mine too. We were close than we thought.” – s.b.
- “I think scars are like battle wounds-beautiful, in a way. They show what you’ve been through and how strong you are for coming out of it.” – Demi Lovato
- “Just because you can’t see my scars it doesn’t mean that I’ve never been hurt. Emotional scars can’t be seen and sometimes they never heal.” – Sonya Parker
- “The human race tends to remember the abuses to which it has been subjected rather than the endearments. What’s left of kisses? Wounds, however, leave scars.” – Bertolt Brecht
Quotes About Scars To Make You Stronger
And never be ashamed of your scars. With time your wounds heal but the scars always remind you that you can stand the test of time and stall tall after all the adversities.
With time the pain will heal but the marks remain, and those are the life lessons you have earned as badges of honor on your sleeve.
- “I don’t want to die without any scars.” – Chuck Palahniuk
- “Scars are the price you pay for success.” – Melvin Van Peebles
- “Wounds turn into scars and scars make you tough.” – Aisha Tyler
- “Sometimes, the scars are what make us who we are.” – Nalini Singh
- “Bones heal, pain is temporary, and chicks dig scars.” – Evel Knievel
- “On the back of Satan’s neck is a nail scarred footprint.” – C. S. Lewis
- “Don’t hide your scars. They make you who you are.” – Frank Sinatra
- “Scars have the strange power to remind us that our past is real.” – Cormac McCarthy
- “Scars remind you of difficult places in your life that you’ve championed.” – Bret Bielema
- “Scar tissue is stronger than regular tissue. Realize your strength. Move on.” – The Love Notebook
- “The rain never falls upwards. When the wound stops hurting what hurt is the scar.” – Bertolt Brecht
- “I am proud of my scars because they show I dedicated myself to a bigger purpose.” – Kyle Carpenter
- “From every wound there is a scar, and every scar tells a story. A story that says, “I SURVIVED.” – Craig Scott
- “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Khalil Gibran
- “Some wounds never show, not even in the mirror, until we see them in the expressions on the faces of people we love.” – Cameron Jace
- “Children show scars like medals. Lovers use them as a secrets to reveal. A scar is what happens when the word is made flesh.” – Leonard Cohen
- “We’ve been through a lot, and though many of the wounds have healed, the scars they’ve left behind still throb every now and then.” – Neha Yazmin
- “There is something beautiful about all scars of whatever nature. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed and healed, done with.” – Harry Crews
- “Your scars are a warning to all future monsters, of the hell you have survived before them, every demon you vanquished, and every battle you won.” – Nikita Gill
- “I like someone who is a little crazy but coming from a good place. I think scars are sexy because it means you made a mistake that led to a mess.” – Angelina Jolie
- “A scar is a wound that has healed. We need to bring our wounds to Jesus, let Him heal them, and use our scars for Jesus. Our scars may be our greatest ministry.” – Adrian Rogers
- “In a perverse way, I was glad for the stitches, glad it would show, that there would be scars. What was the point in just being hurt on the inside? It should bloody well show.” – Janet Fitch
- “What you have to understand is that my thing is not glamour. I love stretch marks and C-section scars and all of that. I’m a grown man. You don’t gotta put on no makeup with me.” – Tracy Morgan
- “A bruise is tender but does not last, it leaves me as I always was. But a wound I take much more to heat, for a scar will always leave its mark. And if you should ask me which you are, my answer is – you are a scar.” – Lang Leav
- “Don’t ever be ashamed of the scars life has left you with. A scar means the hurt is over and the wound is closed. It means you conquered the pain, learned a lesson, grew stronger, and moved forward. A scar is the tattoo of a triumph to be proud of. Don’t allow your scars to hold you hostage. Don’t allow them to make you live your life in fear. You can’t make the scars in your life disappear, but you can change the way you see them. You can start seeing your scars as a sign of strength and not pain.” – Unknown
Scar Quotes To Help You Heal
Scar quotes remind us that our scars are a symbol of our resilience and that we should be proud of them, rather than ashamed.
Our trials in life and the way we overcome them can be a source of inspiration and courage to others.
- “Never judge a heart by its scars.” – John Mark Green
- “The wound is the place where the Light enters you.” – Rumi
- “Scars don’t heal any better by being hidden away.” – Unknown
- “Every scar tells a story, every smile hides one.” – Anuj K Sharma
- “I show my scars so that others know they can heal.” – Rhacelle Nicol
- “A scar simply means you were stronger than whatever tried to hurt you…” – Unknown
- “Scars. A sign that you had been hurt. A sign that you had healed.” – Benjamin Alire Saenz
- “God will not look you over for medal, degrees or diplomas, but for scars.” – Elbert Hubbard
- “You can look at a scar and see hurt, or you can look at a scar and see healing.” – Sheri Reynolds
- “…real childhood scars heal, but not when band-aids replace self-reflection.” – Cameron Conaway
- “Scars are evidence that wounds can heal. That wounds don’t last forever. That healing is possible.” – Lecrae Moore
- “The scars you share become lighthouses for other people who are headed to the same rocks you hit.” – Unknown
- “Without the scars, we would not usually get a chance to grow stronger, become who we wanted to be.” – Unknown
- “I’m grateful for every scar, some pages turned, some bridges burned, but there were lessons learned.” – Carrie Underwood
- “Some people see scars, and it is wounding they remember. To me, they are proof of the fact that there is healing.” – Linda Hogan
- “Sometimes it’s the scars that remind you that you survived. Sometimes the scars tell you that you have healed.” – Ashley D. Wallis
- “I think perfection is ugly. Somewhere in the things humans make, I want to see scars, failure, disorder, distortion.” – Yohji Yamamoto
- “Our scars are a witness to the world. They are a part of our story. Healed wounds that are symbols that God has restored us.” – Louie Giglio
- “Every stress leaves an indelible scar, and the organism pays for its survival after a stressful situation by becoming a little older.” – Hans Selye
- “…the wounds of the past and the scars of the present don’t disfigure me in your eyes – because you know the price I pay for loving you …” – John Gedde
- “Never be ashamed of the scars that life has left you with. A scar means the hurt is over, the wound is closed, you endured the pain and God has healed you.” – Nishan Panwar
- “Everyone always wants to know how you can tell when it’s true love, and the answer is this: when the pain doesn’t fade and the scars don’t heal, and it’s too damned late.” – Jonathan Tropper
- “I’m proud of my scars because they are who I am. My scars are a sign of the darkness that I survived. My scars show that I fought a battle and even though it was hard I still didn’t give up. I’m proud of that. I’m proud of me.” – Unknown
- “Some of us can begin to heal the damage people have done to us by escaping the situation, but some of us need more than that. Tattoos make statements that need to be made. Or hide things that are no one’s business. Your scars are battle wounds, but you don’t see them that way. Yet.” – Tammara Webber
Inspirational Scar Quotes About Life
- “Life goes on but the scars remain.” – Lil Wayne
- “No matter who you are, you will not leave a life without scars.” – Unknown
- “A scar does not form on the dying. A scar means I survived.” – Chris Cleave
- “Be proud of your scars. They remind you that you have the will to live.” – Paulo Coelho
- “Life gives you enough scars, you don`t need to manufacture your own.” – Andy Biersack
- “He showed me his scars, and in return he let me pretend that I had none.” – Madeline Miller
- “Scars are not signs of weakness, they are signs of survival and endurance.” – Rodney A. Winters
- “We didn’t talk about our scars, the ones you could see and the ones you couldn’t.” – Sarah Dessen
- “Be proud of every scar on your heart, each one holds a lifetime worth of lessons.” – Wallace Stegner
- “Maybe I should find another doctor; one who realizes the importance of scars.” – Rasmenia Massoud
- “I suppose I love my scars because they have stayed with me longer than most people have.” – Nikita Gill
- “Every scar that you have is a reminder not just that you got hurt, but that you survived.” – Michelle Obama
- “He who wears the emotional and physical scars of life should do so with honor and integrity.” – R.J. Intindola
- “I got a body covered in scars, but then who doesn’t? If you don’t have a few scars, you haven’t really lived.” – Lexi Blake
- “Looking at my scars now, it reminds me that life is so short, and I was lucky to come out of this experience alive.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes the world seems against you the journey may leave a scars but scars can heal and reveal just the way you are.” – Unknown
- “My scars tell a story. They are a reminder of times when life tried to break me, but failed. They are markings of where the structure of my character was welded.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Contrary to what we may have been taught to think, unnecessary and unchosen suffering wounds us but need not scar us for life. It does mark us. What we allow the mark of our suffering to become is in our own hands.” – Bell Hooks
- “A lot of us grow up and we grow out of the literal interpretation that we get when we’re children, but we bear the scars all our life. Whether they’re scars of beauty or scars of ugliness, it’s pretty much in the eye of the beholder.” – Stephen King
These short scars quotations are used as wallpapers, DP’s, and tattoo designs to remind people of their strength to overcome the pain and move on in life.
If you think you can relate to these uplifting quotes feel free to spread your feelings and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
Which is your favorite compromise quote? If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.