Looking for quotes about moving on in life? We have got you the best moving on quotes, sayings, proverbs, and captions, (with images, pictures & wallpapers) to inspire you to heal.
Moving on is an important part of life as it allows us to let go of the past, overcome obstacles, and embrace new opportunities. It’s a powerful process that can bring growth, healing, and happiness.
Being hurt in a relationship, losing the love of your life, being betrayed, or forgiving someone, we all go through various such phases in life, which leave us broken and shattered.
But life goes on and you need to move on. Let go of the past, forgive yourself for your mistakes, and embrace the future.
Moving on quotes can serve as inspiration and motivation as they contain the wisdom from people who have faced similar challenges and started with new beginnings.
These quotes can help us see the positive side of change and encourage us to move forward with courage, hope, and determination.
Top 10 Moving On Quotes
Life is ever-changing and we need to be able to get over things and move on.
Whether it’s the death of a loved one, a painful breakup of your relationship, a betrayal from your friend, or a business failure, holding onto past pain and resentment will only hold you back. But you should not give up and start afresh and move on for a happy life.
- “Pain will leave you when you let go.” — Jeremy Aldana
- “Life is a journey all about letting go and moving on.” — T.J
- “If you’re going through hell, keep going.” – Winston Churchill
- “The heavy baggage of your past will never let you move on in the future.” — T.J
- “Don’t let your past haunt the present and stop you from moving on” — T.J
- “Moving on is easy but what you leave behind is what makes it hard.” – Dave Mustaine
- “Moving on from the past will help you let go, heal, and grow.” — T.J
- “Life is about making the right decisions and moving on.” – Josh Rayburn
- “Forgiving you is my gift to you. Moving on is my gift to myself.” – Unknown
- “Forgive yourself for your faults and your mistakes and move on.” ― Les Brown
Quotes On Moving On
- “Cry me a river, build a bridge, and get over it.” – Justin Timberlake
- “Never love something so much that you can’t let go of it.” — Ginni Rometty
- “Time doesn’t heal emotional pain, you need to learn how to let go.” – Roy T. Bennett
- In three words I can sum up everything I’ve learned about life; it goes on – Robert Frost
- “Nothing in the universe can stop you from letting go and starting over.” — Guy Finley
- “Making a big life change can be scary but living with regret is always scarier.” — Unknown
- “A bridge can still be built, while the bitter waters are flowing beneath.” – Anthony Liccione
- “Some of us think holding on makes us strong, but sometimes it is letting go.” — Hermann Hesse
- “I think that you never fall out of love with somebody, you just let go and move on.” — Ashley Richards
- “Holding on is believing that there’s only a past; letting go is knowing that there’s a future.” ― Daphne R Kingma
Quotes About Moving On
- “The most difficult aspect of moving on is accepting that the other person already did.” — Faraaz Kazi
- “Time flies, people change. You’re not always needed. There are times to move forward and places to let go.”– Unknown
- “Life moves forward. The old leaves wither, die and fall away, and the new growth extends forward into the light.” – Bryant McGill
- “You’ve got to make a conscious choice every day to shed the old – whatever “the old” means for you.” – Sarah Ban Breathnach
- “There comes a time in your life when you have to choose to turn the page, write another book or simply close it.” ― Shannon L. Alder
- “One of the happiest moments in life is when you find the courage to let go of what you cannot change.” ― Unknown
- “When the world is at your back, and your heart is at your feet…the best way to go on is to just “be”.” – Jennifer Varnadore
- “The only thing a person can ever really do is keep moving forward. Take that big leap forward without hesitation, without once looking back. Simply forget the past and forge toward the future.” – Alyson Noel
- “You can spend minutes, hours, days, weeks, or even months over-analyzing a situation; trying to put the pieces together, justifying what could’ve, would’ve happened… or you can just leave the pieces on the floor and move on.” ― Tupac Shakur
- “Let go of certainty. The opposite isn’t uncertainty. It’s openness, curiosity and a willingness to embrace paradox, rather than choose up sides. The ultimate challenge is to accept ourselves exactly as we are, but never stop trying to learn and grow.” – Tony Schwartz
Short Moving On Quotes, Captions & Status
We have rounded up some strong moving on captions for Instagram and Whatsapp Status messages which you can relate to. No matter what the matter is, you have to accept reality, practice forgiveness, and just keep going.
- “Even a rock moves on.” — Anthony Liccione
- “Life moves on and so should we.” – Spencer Johnson
- “Thank God I found the GOOD in goodbye” – Beyoncé
- “I forgive myself and set myself free.” – Louise Hay
- “Smile and keep moving everything will be fine.”— Unknown
- “Head up. Stay Strong. Fake a smile and move on.” — Unknown
- “Here’s to the Future, because I’m done with the Past.”— Unknown
- “Change has to come for life to struggle forward.” – Helen Hollick
- “My ex asked where are you moving and I said onto better things.” – Drake
- “You can’t start a new chapter if you keep rereading the last one.” – Michael McMillian
Move On Quotes
- “Get mad, then get over it.” – Colin Powell
- “Sooner or later we’ve all got to let go of our past.” – Dan Brown
- “It’s never too late to be who you might have been.” – George Eliot
- “You’ve gotta know when it’s time to turn the page.” – Tori Amos
- “Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” – Dr. Seuss
- “Even if you fall on your face, you’re still moving forward.” – Victor Kiam
- “Another sunrise, another new beginning.” – Jonathan Lockwood Huie
- “Things end. People leave. And you know what? Life goes on.” ― Elizabeth Scott
- “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.”
- “If you’re brave enough to say goodbye life will reward you with a new hello.” – Paulo Coelho
- “If your world doesn’t allow you to dream, move to one where you can.” – Billy Idol
- “If we were meant to stay in one place, we’d have roots instead of feet…” – Rachel Wolchin
- “Moving on is easy. It’s staying moved on that’s trickier.” – Katerina Stoykova Klemer
- “If you’ve fallen down, today is the day you can get back up and try again.” – Amelie Chance
- “Yesterday is not ours to recover, but tomorrow is ours to win or lose.”
- “Cry. Forgive. Learn. Move on. Let your tears water the seeds of your future happiness.” – Steve Maraboli
- “The first step towards getting somewhere is to decide that you are not going to stay where you are.” – J.P. Morgan
- “No matter how much suffering you went through, you never wanted to let go of those memories.” – Haruki Murakami
- “The only way to make sense out of change is to plunge into it, move with it, and join the dance.” – Alan Watts
- “Breathe. Let go. And remind yourself that this very moment is the only one you know you have for sure.” – Oprah Winfrey
Moving On Quotes To Let Go
- “Letting go is hard but being free is beautiful.” – Wilder Poetry
- “Holding on should never stop you from moving on.”— T.J
- Distance sometimes lets you know who is worth keeping and who is worth letting go.
- “Life is like a bicycle. To keep your balance you must keep moving.” – Albert Einstein
- Eventually, you are bound to lose someone in your life and you need to accept that it’s normal.
- Maybe you are meant for the bigger things in life, maybe you need to be a whole lot wiser too.
- Sometimes you have to accept the fact that certain things will never go back to how they used to be.
- “Time flies, and people change. You’re not always needed. There are times to move forward and places to let go.”– Unknown
- “When the world is at your back, and your heart is at your feet…the best way to go on is to just “be”.” – Jennifer Varnadore
- “We keep moving forward, opening new doors, and doing new things, because we’re curious and curiosity keeps leading us down new paths.” – Walt Disney
Move On Quotes To Heal You
- “Sometimes you have to take a step back to move forward” – Erika Taylor
- “Let him that would move the world first move himself.” – Socrates
- “All mankind is divided into three classes: those that are immovable, those that are movable, and those that move.” – Benjamin Franklin
- “Change is a great and horrible thing, and people love it or hate it at the same time. Without change, however, you just don’t move.” – Marc Jacobs
- “Move out of your comfort zone. You can only grow if you are willing to feel awkward and uncomfortable when you try something new.” – Brian Tracy
- “I think that the power is the principle. The principle of moving forward, as though you have the confidence to move forward, eventually gives you confidence when you look back and see what you’ve done.” – Robert Downey Jr.
- “You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself in any direction you choose. You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And you are the one who’ll decide where to go.” – Dr. Seuss
Sad Quotes About Moving On
Breakups are painful. They can bring your life to a standstill, especially when the reason is a betrayal or broken trust issues from your loved one.
But time heals all the wounds and it’s best to move on in life and find your true partner. These moving-on quotes in relationships will give you a true insight into love, growth, and moving on.
- “Tomorrow will be a new chapter in my life. This book is getting very interesting.”― Unknown
- “A person who truly loves you will never let you go, no matter how hard the situation is.”― Unknown
- “Let today be the day you learn the grace of letting go and the power of moving on.” ― Steve Maraboli
- “It’s better to end something and start another than to imprison yourself in hoping for the impossible.” ― Marione Ashley
- “Sometimes it’s just done… Just walk away and move on… No ugly words… No formal goodbyes… Just no more.”― Unknown
- “Moving on doesn’t mean you forget about things. It just means you have to accept what’s happened and continue living.” ― Erza Scarlet
- “Moving on isn’t about not loving someone anymore and forgetting them. It’s about strength to say I still love you, but you’re not worth the pain.”― Unknown
- “In order to move on, you must understand why you felt what you did and why you no longer need to feel it.” ― Mitch Albom
- “The hardest part about walking away from someone is the part where you realize that, no matter how slowly you go, they will never run after you.” ― Luna Adriana
- “Take all the time you need to heal emotionally. Moving on doesn’t take a day, it takes lots of little steps to be able to break free of your broken self.” ― Tere Arigo
Moving On Quotes Relationships
- “Every new beginning comes from some other beginning’s end.” ― Seneca
- “Sometimes you don’t get closure, you just move on.” ― Karen Salmansohn
- “I tried to make a distinct point that I wasn’t retiring – that I was moving on.”– Regis Philbin
- “Every day is a new day, and you’ll never be able to find happiness if you don’t move on.” – Carrie Underwood
- “It is only through labor and painful effort, by grim energy and resolute courage, that we move on to better things.”– Theodore Roosevelt
- “To help yourself, you must be yourself. Be the best that you can be. When you make a mistake, learn from it, pick yourself up and move on.”– Dave Pelzer
- “Moving on is not closure. It’s not neat, and it’s not about turning the page. It is about moving on, but it doesn’t mean that you’ve left something behind.” – Thomas Gibson
- “Life goes on, and I’m moving on to the next thing, but I hope the soaps that are still running will thrive. They have millions of loyal viewers.”– Susan Lucci
- “I’m moving on. I should have made that clear when I made the announcement. I guess I wasn’t clear. If people think you’re leaving a show after all these years, you might be retiring. So I understand where they’re coming from, but I should have impressed the fact that I hope I’m just moving on right now.”– Regis Philbin
These insightful quotes about finally moving on serve as a gentle reminder that life goes on, and better days are ahead.
Whether you’re seeking inspiration to overcome challenges or just need a nudge to let go of the past, these quotes are here to guide and uplift you. Dive in and find the strength to move forward.
They also highlight the fact that change is inevitable and that sometimes, letting go is the best way to find peace and happiness.
By reading and internalizing these quotes, we can gain the determination to move on from difficult situations and start a new chapter in our lives.