Looking for inspiring root quotes? We have rounded up some of the best roots quotes, sayings, and proverbs (with images and pictures) from famous authors, writers, leaders, and more.
The most important thing in life is to remember the essence of your existence and stay grounded.
Roots are the most important part of a tree where they act as the anchor needed to keep a plant in place. More importantly, roots are the lifeline of a plant, taking up air, water, and nutrients from the soil and moving them up into the leaves.
Similarly in humans also if you are aware of your roots, your values, and the principles of your life then nobody can make you feel small.
Our ancestors, their culture, and our hometown is the essence of our life, and if we remember those it helps us to stay grounded.
Whether you are pursuing your dreams, or your life has taken a new direction, but you should always remember your roots and bonds which gave you the strength to be the person you are today.
Related: Missing Home Quotes
These don’t forget your roots quotes will remind you to never forget the people, family, relationships, and friends who helped you all along the way and were always there for you.
Inspirational Never Forget Your Roots Quotes
- “Storms make trees take deeper roots.” – Dolly Parton
- “I’m getting back to my old roots.” – Tiger Woods
- “Return to the root and you will find the meaning.”- Sengcan
- “Before you ask which way to go, remember where you’ve been.”
- “A small tree with strong roots will outlive a big tree with weak ones.”
- “It is in the roots, not the branches, that a tree’s greatest strength lies.”
- “Fortunate are the people whose roots are deep.” – Agnes Meyer Driscoll
- “Forgetting your roots will only lead you further from your sweet home.”
- “Never forget where you came from because when you do it a long road home.”
- “Remembering where you have been can help you make a better decision.”
- “Always remember your roots. They are the foundation of your life and the wings of your future.”
- “Never forget where you came from, but never let that hold you back from where you want to go.”
- “Sometimes it is impossible to know where you are headed without reflecting on where you came from.”
- “A single act of kindness throws out roots in all directions, and the roots spring up and make new trees.” – Amelia Earhart
- “Understanding your heritage, your roots, and your ancestry is an important part of carving out your future.”
- “The fairest thing in nature, a flower, still has its roots in earth and manure.” – D. H. Lawrence
- “If you know where you are from, it is harder for people to stop you where you are going.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
- “A plant needs roots in order to grow. With man, it is the other way around: only when he grows does he have roots and feels at home in the world.” – Eric Hoffer.
- “Do not forget how you got where you are today. Use the experiences in your life to learn the lesson that will move you ahead.”
- “Never forget who you are and where you came from. It’s an important part of you that you will find strength and peace from.”
- “Closing my eyes to connect to my roots. I sense the wisdom of my ancestors and my grandmother smiles.” ―The Gossamer Path
- “Never forget where you come from. Roots are what support us and make us stronger. They hold us up and without roots, we could not grow.”
- “They didn’t have the strength to stay rooted to the ground -I understand now that some roots are just too weak.” ― Emily Curtis, in the absence of the Sun
- “Be like a tree stay grounded. Connect with your roots. Turn over a new leaf. Bend before you break. Enjoy your own natural beauty. Keep growing.”
- “I am proud of my black roots and of the black blood that runs in my veins.” – Ryan Giggs.
Positive Strong Roots Quotes
- “Strong roots produce beautiful leaves.”
- “A tree with strong roots laughs at storms.”
- “Water your roots, so your soul can blossom.”
- “Don’t forget your history, not your destiny.”
- “Remember the people who helped you from the start.”
- “The roots of all goodness lie in the soil of appreciation.”
- “When the roots are deep there is no reason to fear the wind.”
- “The roots of education are bitter, but the fruit is sweet.” – Aristotle
- “The taller a tree the deeper its roots.” ― Matshona Dhliwayo
- “No matter where life takes you, don’t forget where you come from.”
- “Never forget where you came from you may have to go back someday.”
- “No tree, it is said, can grow to heaven unless its roots reach down to hell.”
- “Maybe you are searching among the branches for what only appears in the roots.”
- “Like branches on a tree we grow in different directions but our roots remain as one.”
- “Maybe you are searching among the branches for what only appears in the roots.” – Rumi
- “To be rooted is perhaps the most important and least recognized need of the human soul.”
- “Be so rooted in your being that nobody’s absence or presence can disturb your inner peace.”
- “Everything you see has its roots in the unseen world. The forces change yet the essence remains the same.”
- “Roots are not in landscape or a country, or a people, they are inside you.” – Isabel Allende
- “Change your opinions, keep to your principles; change your leaves, keep intact your roots.” – Victor Hugo
- “A people without the knowledge of their past history, origin, and culture is like a tree without roots.”- Marcus Garvey
- “Criticism, like rain, should be gentle enough to nourish a man’s growth without destroying his roots.”- Frank A. Clark
- “Grow deep roots to harvest rich fruit! When your roots run deep, you cannot help but bear the fruit of the Spirit.”- Michael Beckwith
- “I’m planting a tree to teach me to gather strength from my deepest roots.” – Andrea Koehle Jones
- “All that is gold does not glitter, not all those who wander are lost. The old that is strong does not wither, deep roots are not reached by the frost.” – J.R.R. Token
- “I am a strong believer that as one moves toward the future, the strongest and clearest way to do it is if you have a good sense of your past. You cannot have a very tall tree without deep roots.”- Cesar Pelli
Famous Roots and Wings Quotes and Sayings
With age and experience comes wisdom. As one age their values and roots go deeper and become stronger.
They become firm as a human in their decisions and acts just like a tree grows stronger with deep roots,
These inspirational roots quotes, and wings quotes are symbolically referring to being successful and achieving your dreams yet being grounded and humble.
- “Its because my roots are so strong that I can fly.”
- “The heart wants roots, yet the mind wants wings.”
- “There are two gifts we should give our children: one is roots the other is wings.”
- “Wings to show you what you can become roots to remind you where you’re from.”
- “Give the ones you love wings to fly, roots to come back and reasons to stay.”- Dalai Lama
- “The greatest gifts you can give your children are the roots of responsibility and the wings of independence.”- Denis Waitley
- “It doesn’t matter how high you fly with the biggest wings you have, but remember that your soul is still trapped in the roots in the ground where you fell and you were so small and so empty.” ― Neymat Khan
Family Roots Quotes (Love and Relationship)
- “Friendships with strong roots really last.”
- “Fearless love results like an old age tree with strong roots.”
- “The roots of a family tree begin with the love of two hearts.”
- “Distance doesn’t matter if the roots of your relationship are strong enough.”
- “If we surrendered to earth’s intelligence we could rise up rooted like trees.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
- “For a tree to become tall it must grow tough roots among the rocks.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
Roots Quotes, Images, and Pictures
Hope these roots quotes inspire you to be more grounded and remember your foundation.
Please share your fav quote on roots if we have missed some on the list. Write in the comments section below and we’ll be glad to it add to the list.
Feel free to share with us in the comment section below. Keep sharing the motivation with friends and family on Twitter, Pinterest, Instagram, and more.