Looking for inspirational better be alone quotes? We have rounded up the best collection of better off alone quotes, sayings, captions for Instagram, and status messages, (with images and pictures) to motivate you to be fearless and courageous even if you are alone.
A lot of times in life you are in the wrong relationship or in a situation where being alone is better than being in the wrong company.
Also See: Stand Alone Quotes
Clinging on to people or relationships that do not bring happiness to you is futile. It’s better to set yourself free and be on your own.
Being alone can seem terrifying at times. It needs strength to stand alone and do what you want to. But nothing in life should stop you from being by yourself and enjoying life on your terms.
Famous Better To Be Alone Quotes
- “Alone we can do so little; together we can do so much.” – Helen Keller
- “A woman is unstoppable after she realizes she deserves better.” – Unknown
- “It is better to be alone, than to be in bad company.” – George Washington
- “You cannot be lonely if you like the person you’re alone with.” – Wayne Dyer
- “Everybody is a stranger, but that’s the danger in going my own way.” – John Mayer
- “Sometimes you’re better off alone. There is peace in being away from it all.” – R.H. Sin
- “Being alone is scary, but not as scary as feeling alone in a relationship.” – Amelia Earhart
- “We are born alone, we live alone, we die alone. Everything in-between is a gift.” – Yul Brynner
- “Separate we come, and separate we go, And this be it known, is all that we know.” – Conrad Aiken
- “No one is worth your peace. You are better off alone than living in a negotiated hell.” – J. M. Storm
- “Loneliness adds beauty to life. It puts a special burn on sunsets and makes night air smell better.” – Henry Rollins
- “I’d never chosen to be alone, but that was the way things had turned out, and I’d grown used to it.” – Sebastian Faulks
- “It is good to be alone, for solitude is difficult; that something is difficult should be one more reason to do it.” – Rainer Maria Rilke
- “If you wanted to do something absolutely honest, something true, it always turned out to be a thing that had to be done alone.” – Richard Yates
- “Loneliness is never more cruel than when it is felt in close propinquity with someone who has ceased to communicate.” – Germaine Greer
- “When they are alone they want to be with others, and when they are with others they want to be alone. After all, human beings are like that.” – Gertrude Stein
- “Sometimes you need to sit lonely on the floor in a quiet room in order to hear your own voice and not let it drown in the noise of others.” – Charlotte Eriksson
- “Always remember that you were once alone, and the crowd you see in your life today are just as unnecessary as when you were alone.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
- “I used to think the worst thing in life was to end up all alone. It’s not. The worst thing in life is to end up with people who make you feel all alone.” – Robin Williams
- “Incredible change happens in your life when you decide to take control of what you do have power over instead of craving control over what you don’t.” – Steve Maraboli
- “And after all these pointless fights, wasted days, mental breakdowns, broken promises and mendacious beliefs, I think that I am better off alone.” – James Andrew Crosby
Best Better Off Alone Quotes
- “Better be alone than in bad company.” – Thomas Fuller
- “Trust me on this no one is better off alone.” – Nicholas Sparks
- “Being alone onstage is like legalized insanity.” – Robin Williams
- “There is a certain strength in being alone.” – Heather Duffy Stone
- “The world is my oyster. The road is my home. And I know that I’m better off Alone.” – Ani DiFranco
- “The things one experiences alone with oneself are very much stronger and purer.” – Eugene Delacroix
- “I live in that solitude which is painful in youth, but delicious in the years of maturity.” –Albert Einstein
- “Every time my dreams threaten to become reality, something always happens and I end up alone.” – Jane Green
- “It is better to be lonely than allow people who are not going anywhere keep you from your destiny.” – Joel Osteen
- “People drain me, even the closest of friends, and I find loneliness to be the best state in the union to live in.” – Margaret Cho
- “Life is too precious to waste it with the wrong person. You’re better off alone until the right one comes along.” – Tony Gaskins
- “He succeeded in being considered totally uninteresting. People left him alone. And that was all he wanted.” – Patrick Süskind
- “The best part about being alone is that you really don’t have to answer to anybody. You do what you want.” – Justin Timberlake
- “The man who goes alone can start today; but he who travels with another must wait till that other is ready.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “If people let other people alone, people would be better off. It’s always people that screw things up for people anyway.” – Nora Roberts
- “Associate with men of good quality if you esteem your own reputation; for it is better to be alone than in bad company.” – George Washington
- “Being alone & actually sitting with our own thoughts can lead to such growth and realizations that are rare in our everyday busy lives.” – Kourtney Kardashian
- “One’s better off alone, and yet there are so many things that are impossible to fathom on one’s own. In fact it’s a terrible business and the task is a hard one.” – Claude Monet
- “No matter how lonely you get or how many birth announcements you receive, the trick is not to get frightened. There’s nothing wrong with being alone.” – Wendy Wasserstein
- “Solitude is such a potential thing. We hear voices in solitude, we never hear in the hurry and turmoil of life we receive counsels and comforts, we get under no other condition.” – Amelia Barr
Alone For Life Quotes
It’s always good to have someone by yourside whom you love. But if you relationship drags you down instead of bringing you up then don’t be afraid to be alone. It is better to be alone, than to be in bad company.
- “All alone! Whether you like it or not, alone is something you’ll be quite a lot!” – Dr. Seuss
- “Loneliness and the feeling of being unwanted is the most terrible poverty.” – Mother Teresa
- “You’re better off being alone than being with someone who makes you feel alone.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes life is too hard to be alone, and sometimes life is too good to be alone.” – Elizabeth Gilbert
- “Other things are probably better off left alone. Like a dead mouse at the back of a cupboard.” – John Boyne
- “Your life will get better when you realize it’s better to be alone than to chase people who don’t really care about you.”
- “Being alone can be good. It’s easy to find peace alone. But sometimes, being alone is a king of death.” – Dean Koontz
- “Maybe she’ll fight better this way. Nothing motivates you like being alone and cornered on the streets.” – Marie Lu
- “An editor is like a priest or a psychiatrist; if you get the wrong one then you are better off alone.” – Toni Morrison
- “Never forget you’re better off alone than with somebody that makes you feel lonely, when you are together.” – Mark Anthony
- “One of the greatest regrets in life is being what others would want you to be, rather than being yourself.” – Shannon L. Alder
- “The loneliest moment in someone’s life is when they are watching their whole world fall apart, and all they can do is stare blankly.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “We allow our ignorance to prevail upon us and make us think we can survive alone, alone in patches, alone in groups, alone in races, even alone in genders.” – Maya Angelou
- “That was the thing about being alone, in theory or in principle. Whatever happened-good, bad, or anywhere in between-it was always, if nothing else, all your own.”- Sarah Dessen
- “A man can be himself only so long as he is alone, and if he does not love solitude, he will not love freedom, for it is only when he is alone that he is really free.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
- “Loneliness is my least favorite thing about life. The thing that I’m most worried about is just being alone without anybody to care for or someone who will care for me.” – Anne Hathaway
- “There is pleasure in the pathless woods, there is rapture in the lonely shore, there is society where none intrudes, by the deep sea, and music in its roar; I love not Man the less, but Nature more.” – Lord Byron
- “Women would be better off when they no longer needed men more than they needed their own independent identities … How long a time it took me after my divorce to understand that being alone is not the same as being lonely.” – Alice Steinbach
- “Maybe I’m better off alone because no one else has ever loved me the way I love them and I have never felt like anyone wants me or needs me at all I just hope that people stop using me and start really loving me for who I am and not what I do for them.” – Unknown
- “Some people would be better off alone, but they feel they’ve got to get hold of someone to prove they’re worthwhile.” – Liv Ullmann
I Am Better Off Alone Quotes
Sometimes people may dissapoint you, betray you or cheat upon you. These experiences are heart-breaking and can make you have trust issues.
Also See: Forever Alone Quotes
But never lose the charm of life, whether alone or not life is worth living and alone we are complete. We don’t need people to complete us.
Being alone has a power that very few can understand. So never feel being alone means being lonely. Discover what you love in life and spend your time living a life you always wanted.
- “I’m better off alone.” – Unknown
- “I guess I am better off alone.” – Unknown
- “Better alone than amongst traitors.” – Arthur Schopenhauer
- “I felt a lot better; not being alone in being alone.” – K.R. Albers
- “If you are afraid of being lonely, don’t try to be right.” – Jules Renard
- “Sometimes it’s better to be alone cause no one can hurt you that way.” – Unknown
- “They judge me before they even know me. That’s why I‘m better off alone.” – Shrek
- “Being alone is better than sitting next to a lover and feeling lonely.” – Richard Linklater
- “I like being alone… at least I convinced myself I’m better better off that way.” – Unknown
- “The time you feel lonely is the time you most need to be by yourself.” – Douglas Coupland
- “Single because every time I focus on somebody, they show me why I’m better off alone.” – Unknown
- “It’s better to have nobody than to have someone who is half there, or doesn’t want to be there.” – Unknown
- “Loneliness expresses the pain of being alone and solitude expresses the glory of being alone.” – Paul Tillich
- “Better, Cilla thought, to be alone on a quiet night than to be alone in a crowd. Much better.”- Nora Roberts
- “No one saves us but ourselves. No one can and no one may. We ourselves must walk the path.” –Gautama Buddha
- “She began to wonder whether she would not do better to finish her life alone. What was left of life seemed unimportant.” – Willa Cather
- “I don’t need anyone to rectify my existence. The most profound relationship we will ever have is the one with ourselves.” – Shirley MacLaine
- “The best remedy for those who are afraid, lonely or unhappy is to go outside, somewhere where they can be quiet, alone with the heavens, nature and God. Because only then does one feel that all is as it should be.” – Anne Frank
- “The person who tries to live alone will not succeed as a human being. His heart withers if it does not answer another heart. His mind shrinks away if he hears only the echoes of his own thoughts and finds no other inspiration.” – Pearl S. Buck
- “Not everything is supposed to become something beautiful and long-lasting. Sometimes people come into your life to show you what is right and what is wrong, to show you who you can be, to teach you to love yourself, to make you feel better for a little while, or to just be someone to walk with at night and spill your life to. Not everyone is going to stay forever, and we still have to keep on going and thank them for what they’re given us.” – Unknown
You may feel alone even if you are with your friends and family. Often it happens when you are in a marriage or relationship that though your husband or boyfriend is present, there is an emptiness that fills you.
You feel lonely and a deep sadness fills you which is not easy to express in words.
Hope these sad and relatable relationships lonely quotes will let you know that there are a lot of others who go through something similar.
Feel free to share these inspirational quotes and pics with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp and more to spread positive vibes about success, hard work, and persistence.