160 Perception Quotes To See The Reality And Truth
Looking for inspirational quotes about perception? We have rounded up the best collection of perception quotes, sayings, and captions, (with images and pictures) to inspire you to shape the world as you want it to be and not to perceive the world as it is but as it can be.
These quotes will help you to stand up for yourself and never give in to the call of mediocrity by following the crowd’s opinions and beliefs.
Perception is the way in which something is interpreted, or understood. It is a way of looking at, living, and dealing with life.
The way we perceive the world is unique and different from others. These deep sayings about perception will inspire you to perceive and believe something in such a way that in the end, it turns into your reality.
Many people believe that our perceptions and our thoughts create our truth and our reality. Having a positive perception can help us change how we perceive the universe around us and can change the reality of the life that we live.
Perception is the blend of our opinions, thoughts, beliefs, and awareness. Sometimes our perception can be different from the opinion of the crowd, but that does not make it wrong.
Our perceptions are formed from our own values, personal experiences, and knowledge.
Perceptions heavily influence the way we look at life. We can change our perceptions by introducing ourselves to new ideas and viewpoints.
These famous perception quotes will throw light on your version of reality and will inspire you to unlock new pathways.
These deep quotes about truth and perception will help you to open new doors for you and will inspire you to open your mind to fresh beginnings and new possibilities.
Also, check our collection of opinion quotes and intuition quotes to inspire you to unleash the infinite power of your mind, to challenge realities with your inner strength and positivity.
Famous Perception Quotes
- “It’s all in the mind.” – George Harrison
- “Humans see what they want to see.” – Rick Riordan
- “There is no truth, only perception of truth.” – Dr. Phil
- “Miracles are a shift in perception.” – Kenneth Wapnick
- “Your perception may not be my reality.” – Aporva Kala
- “You see persons and things not as they are but as you are.” – Anais Nin
- “Perception is created and twisted so quickly.” – Louis C. K.
- “Everything we hear is an opinion, not a fact.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Always let intuitive perception precede analysis.” – Darby Bannard
- “Everything we see is a perspective, not the truth.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “Opting for one perception eliminates all others.” – Simone Bingemer
- “People only see what they are prepared to see.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “All our knowledge has its origins in our perceptions.” – Leonardo da Vinci
- “Preconceived notions are the locks on the door to wisdom.” – Merry Browne
- “Reject your sense of injury and the injury itself disappears.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “It’s not what you look at that matters, it’s what you see.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “Facts matter not at all. Perception is everything. It’s certainty.” – Stephen Colbert
- “Though we see the same world, we see it through different eyes.” – Virginia Woolf
- “We must not allow other people’s limited perceptions to define us.” – Virginia Satir
- “If the window is colored, your perception of the world will be tinted.” – Stanley Coren
- “Men are disturbed not by things, but by the view which they take of them.” – Epictetus
- “There is nothing either good or bad, but thinking makes it so.” – William Shakespeare
- “The problem is not our situation but our perception of our situation.” – Graham Cooke
- “A work of art doesn’t exist outside the perception of the audience.” – Abbas Kiarostami
- “What is behind your eyes holds more power than what is in front of them.” – Gary Zukav
- “What I had to learn was, that I’m responsible for my perception of things.” – Chris Robinson
- “The dung beetle, seeing its child on the wall, thinks it sees a pearl on a thread.” – Arabic Proverb
- “I think the perception of peace is what distracts most people from really having it.” – Joyce Meyer
- “If the doors of perception were cleansed, everything would appear as it is – infinite.” – William Blake
- “If I make a fool of myself, who cares? I’m not frightened by anyone’s perception of me.” – Angelina Jolie
- “It doesn’t matter if the glass is half empty or half full. Be grateful that you have a glass, and there is something in it.”
- “Better keep yourself clean and bright; you are the window through which you must see the world.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “People see what they want to see and what people want to see never has anything to do with the truth.” – Roberto Bolano
- “The difference between average people and achieving people is their perception of and response to failure.” – John C. Maxwell
- “If you have an over-preoccupation with perception and trying to please people’s expectations, then you can go mad.” – Benedict Cumberbatch
- “One’s perception of themselves has a much bigger role than has been acknowledged to determine who succeeds and who does not.” – Sal Khan
- “Do not try to build your life on ethics, morality of values. Bring clarity of perception into your life. Learn to see everything just the way it is.” – Sadhguru
- “Assumption and lack of communication are the number one relationship killers. We all perceive differently. We’ve lived different lives, we have different views. Understand that before getting angry at someone for not believing what you believe.”
- “Your opinion is your opinion, your perception is your perception –do not confuse them with “facts” or “truth”. Wars have been fought and millions have been killed because of the inability of men to understand the idea that everybody has a different viewpoint.” – John Moore
- “Perception is not reality, since it is subjective, meaning that everyone interprets this world differently based on the experiences that they’ve had, and the belief system that they’ve developed. Only truth is reality, all else is ignorance, deception, distraction, distortion, limitation, indoctrination and the elaborate mystery, and illusion, that we call ‘life’.” – Gavin Nascimento
Quotes About Perception About Truth And Reality
Your perception is your reality, there are no second thoughts to it. Thoughts and reality change constantly. Changing your thoughts and trying to go from negativity to positivity will help you change your reality and truth in life.
The way we think about our lives and about ourselves is very vital. The outcome of our life dedpends on the way we perceive the world. That’s why it is very important to be crictical and keep other viewpoints in mind, while making decisions in life.
Here is a list of perception quotes that will inspire you to positively perceive different circumstances so that you can shift your reality and view the world in a positive way. These quotes about perception will open your eyes to new realities and truths.
- “Perception precedes reality.” – Andy Warhol
- “Reality is based on perception.” – Geoff Thompson
- “Your agreement with reality defines your life.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Perception is real even when it is not reality.” – Edward de Bono
- “The truth is helpless when up against perception.” – Zack W. Van
- “Perception is reality to the one in the experience.” – Danielle Bernock
- “Reality is always kinder than the stories we tell about it.” – Byron Katie
- “All that we see or seem is but a dream within a dream.” – Edgar Allan Poe
- “The eye sees only what the mind is prepared to comprehend.” – Robertson Davies
- “Reality doesn’t bite, rather our perception of reality bites.” – Anthony J. D’Angelo
- “We can’t choose the filters that others choose when they look at us.” – Anonymous
- “That is certainly one way to look at the matter. There are others.” – Patricia C. Wrede
- “Many of the truths we cling to depend greatly on our point of view.” – Obi-Wan Kenobi
- “Perception is merely reality filtered through the prism of your soul.” – Christopher A. Ray
- “There are always two people in every picture: the photographer and the viewer.” – Ansel Adams
- “Perceptions about people can be powerful. They can also be powerfully wrong.” – Craig Dresang
- “The world is full of magic things, patiently waiting for our senses to grow sharper.” – W.B. Yeats
- “Everything that irritates us about others can lead us to an understanding of ourselves.” – Carl Jung
- “What screws us up most in life is the picture in our head of how it is supposed to be.” – Anonymous
- “People see what they want to see and what people want to see isn’t always the truth.” – Roberto Bolano
- “It is above all by the imagination that we achieve perception and compassion and hope.” – Ursula K. Le Guin
- “Blessed are they who see beautiful things in humble places where other people see nothing.” – Camille Pissarro
- “Just remember that sometimes the way you think about a person isn’t the way they actually are.” – John Green
- “Trust in yourself. Your perceptions are often far more accurate than you are willing to believe.” – Claudia Black
- “Intuition comes very close to clairvoyance; it appears to be the extrasensory perception of reality.” – Alexis Carrel
- “Heightened perception is the goal: becoming more aware of how you see, not just what you see.” – Michael Kimmelman
- “Perception is reality but it may not be actuality, and you have got to be able to keep the difference between that.” – Bill Cowher
- “I view it as perception is reality. That means that depends on who’s perceiving your reality. We’ll leave it at that.” – Jose Canseco
- “Death is not extinguishing the light; it is only putting out the lamp because the dawn has come.” – Rabindranath Tagore
- “Your perception creates your reality. You can look at life and see scarcity or abundance. It depends on your mindset.” – Joe Vitale
- “Perception is reality. If you are perceived to be something, you might as well be it because that’s the truth in people’s minds.” – Stever Young
- “Beauty is no quality in things themselves: It exists merely in the mind which contemplates them; and each mind perceives a different beauty.” – David Hume
- “The lives we live are a bit of a straight-hair vs. curly-hair thing. We often want what we don’t have. In reality, it’s not about better or worse; it’s just perception.” – Simon Sinek
- “Projection makes perception. We look inside first, decide what kind of world we want to see and then project that world outside, making is the truth as we see it.” – Anonymous
- “There is an art of seeing things as they are: without naming, without being caught in a network of words, without thinking interfering with perception.” – Jiddu Krishnamurti
- “It used to be, everyone was entitled to their own opinion, but not their own facts. But that’s not the case anymore. Facts matter not at all. Perception is everything.” – Stephen Colbert
- “There is no fixed physical reality, no single perception of the world, just numerous ways of interpreting world views as dictated by one’s nervous system and the specific environment of our planetary existence.” – Deepak Chopra
- “The reality of life is that your perceptions – right or wrong – influence everything else you do. When you get a proper perspective of your perceptions, you may be surprised how many other things fall into place.” – Roger Birkman
- “Because our entire universe is made up of consciousness, we never really experience the universe directly we just experience our consciousness of the universe, our perception of it, so right, our only universe is perception.” – Alan Moore
- “Reality is ultimately a selective act of perception and interpretation. A shift in our perception and interpretation enables us to break old habits and awaken new possibilities for balance, healing, and transformation.” – David Simon
Change Your Perception Quotes
Can we change our perception? Absolutely, we can. Is it possible to change our reality if we change our perception? We certainly can. Changing our perception is not an easy task. If we don’t like the life we are living then we have to do smething about it.
The first step to change our perception is to start imagining the life we want for ourselves. Decide to be in charge of your life and set goals for yourself that are attainable. Never set yourself up for failure. Change your attitude and inner voice from “I can’t” To “I can”.
Your imagination is powerful tool, so start visualizing where you want to be and write it out. Don’t focus on bad things in your life, just focus on the good. Start acknowleding your good qualities and don’t settle for less than what you deserve.
These “what do you perceive” quotes, and literary quotes on perception will guide you to change your perceptions about your surrondings or different situations.
- “No one is ugly, our perception is.” – Anonymous
- “Critical perception cannot be imposed.” – Paulo Freire
- “I believe I am in Hell; therefore I am.” – Arthur Rimbaud
- “Perception and reality are two different things.” – Anonymous
- “What we see depends mainly on what we look for.” – John Lubbock
- “We don’t see things as they are. We see them as we are.” – Anais Nin
- “We have to reshape our own perception of how we view ourselves.” – Beyonce
- “No perspective, no perception. New perspective, new perception.” – Toba Beta
- “We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.” – Oscar Wilde
- “Change your perception of things and you will change your reality.” – Anonymous
- “Life is about perception. The quicker I learned that the happier I was.” – Anonymous
- “The optimist sees the doughnut, the pessimist sees the hole.” – McLandburgh Wilson
- “We think perception is going to become a commodity over the years.” – Karl Iagnemma
- “Change the way you look at things and the things you look at change.” – Wayne W. Dyer
- “What people in the world think of you is really none of your business.” – Martha Graham
- “To change ourselves effectively, we first had to change our perceptions.” – Stephen R. Covey
- “Our vulgar perception is not concerned with other than vulgar phenomena.” – Samuel Beckett
- “When we become fixed in our perceptions, we lose our ability to fly.” – Yongey Mingyur Rinpoche
- “The voyage of discovery is not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.” – Marcel Proust
- “Your perception of the world is not necessarily the same as what is actually occurring.” – Peter Ralston
- “With time and experience comes a different perception of what’s going on around you.” – Chris Robinson
- “Always think of what is useful and not what is beautiful. Beauty will come of its own accord.” – Nikolai Gogol
- “The moment you change your perception is the moment you rewrite the chemistry of your body.” – Dr. Bruce Lipton
- “Perception was easily accomplished, required little effort, and it never had to stand the test of reality.” – Terry Goodkind
- “Miracles happen everyday, change your perception of what a miracle is and you’ll see them all around you.” – Jon Bon Jovi
- “Some people see the cup as half empty. Some people see the cup as half full. I see the cup as too large.” – George Carlin
- “Most of us have grown up seeing the world as a place of limitation rather than as a place of inexhaustible treasures.” – Bob Burg
- “There is a major ingredient missing from our perception of how changes are brought about; that ingredient is power.” – Paul Wellstone
- “Your perception of yourself affects your vibe. Love yourself, be confident in your looks, express your talents, let your good vibes flow.” – Anonymous
- “All things are subject to interpretation. Whichever interpretation prevails at a given time is a function of power and not truth.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Speak up, stand up, and keep correcting the false perceptions. Stay true to your hearts views and keep chanting for peace and justice.” – Suzy Kassem
- “Every beauty which is seen here by persons of perception resembles more than anything else that celestial source from which we all are come.” – Michelangelo
- “It is the function of art to renew our perception. What we are familiar with we cease to see. The writer shakes up the familiar scene, and, as if by magic, we see a new meaning in it.” – Anais Nin
- “I believe you make your day. You make your life. So much of it is all perception, and this is the form that I built for myself. I have to accept it and work within those compounds, and it’s up to me.” – Brad Pitt
- “Because one believes in oneself, one doesn’t try to convince others. Because one is content with oneself, one doesn’t need others’ approval. Because one accepts oneself, the whole world accepts him or her.” – Lao Tzu
Perception Of Life Quotes
There are two types of people in this world, one is those who see the glass as half-full and those who view the glass as half-empty.
This is what we call perception, and our perceptions have a huge impact on how we experience life.
Our perceptions influence all areas of our life. Our perceptions affect the quality of our experience of life. So if we perceive positive things then we will experience a happier life.
Perceptions affect our relationships, too. If we repeatedly perceive people (our parents, siblings, boss, or teacher) as being against us, we will mostly react in a defensive, combative, and negative way.
Also See: Positive Attitude Quotes
This will lead to experiencing high level of unhappiness. On the fip side, if we perceive people through a positive lens then we will experience high levels of inner peace and joy
These thought-provoking quotes about reality and perception and wrong perception quotes wlll highlight the importance of having a positive mindset in life.
- “We do not see things as they are, we see things as we are.”
- “Your perception of me is a reflection of you.” – Anonymous
- “There is no truth. There is only perception.” – Gustave Flaubert
- “A perception is a tool that’s pointed on both ends.” – Hannibal Lecter
- “The universe changes; our life is what our thoughts make it.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “If you look at your life one way, there is always cause for alarm.” – Elizabeth Bowen
- “Life is 10 percent what you make it, and 90 percent how you take it.” – Irving Berlin
- “No life is so hard that you can’t make it easier by the way you take it.” – Ellen Glasgow
- “Your perception of me is a reflection of you, my reaction to you is an awareness of me.”
- “Beyond our most stubborn misperception lies often our fondest dream.” – Robert Brault
- “The clearsighted do not rule the world, but they sustain and console it.” – Agnes Repplier
- “The only thing that makes life unfair is the delusion that it should be fair.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Philosophy…is the creative perception by the spirit of the meaning of human existence.” – Nikolai Berdyaev
- “Just because you are right, does not mean, I am wrong. You just haven’t seen life from my side.” – Anonymous
- “Education opns our minds eye to see the world with our own unique vision and perception.” – Debasish Mridha
- “There are things known and there are things unknown, and in between are the doors of perception.” – Aldous Huxley
- “Your perception of the world around you is not necessarily the same as what is actually occurring.” – Peter Ralston
- “Where perception is, there also are pain and pleasure, and where these are, there, of necessity, is desire.” – Aristotle
- “The auditory perception is not sufficient for our knowledge of the world; it does not have vastness.” – Robert Delaunay
- “I stopped explaining myself when I realized other people only understand from their level of perception.” – Anonymous
- “Your true character is most accurately measured by how you treat those who can do ‘nothing’ for you.” – Mother Teresa
- “The most perfidious way of harming a cause consists of defending it deliberately with faulty arguments.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Only in quiet waters do things mirror themselves undistorted. Only in a quiet mind is adequate perception of the world.” – Hans Margolius
- “What you see and what you hear depends a great deal on where you are standing. It also depends on what sort of person you are.” – C.S. Lewis
- Perception is reality. If you are perceived to be something, you might as well be it because that’s the truth in people’s minds.” – Steve Young
“Everyone is faced with obstacles. Your attitude and perception are the key ingredients that determine if you make it through or not.” – Unknown
- “Life is all about perception. Positive versus negative. Whichever you choose will affect and more than likely reflect your outcomes.” – Sonya Teclai
- “Most misunderstandings in the world could be avoided if people would simply take the time to ask, ‘What else could this mean?’” – Shannon L. Alder
- “Remember hardship is only as difficult as you perceive it to be, and many times perception is solely dependent on you to make it a reality.” – Marci King
- “One new perception, one fresh thought, one act of surrender, one change of heart, one leap of faith, can change your life forever.” – Robert Holden
- “Be thankful for what you have; you’ll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don’t have, you will never, ever have enough.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “Every person has a different view of another person’s image. That’s all perception. The character of a man, the integrity, that’s who you are.” – Steve Alford
- “Life is based on perception. Perception is based on opinion. Opinion is based on thought. Thought comes from the mind. Change your mind, change your life.”
“If you can’t change a situation, change your perception of it. Remember, most of your stress comes from the way you respond, not the way life is.” – Buddhist Quote
- “The outer world is a reflection of the inner world. Other people’s perception of you is a reflection of them; your response to them is an awareness of you.” – Roy T. Bennett
- “One has not only ability to perceive the world, but an ability to alter one’s perception of it; more simply, one can change things by the manner in which one looks at them.” – Tom Robbins
- “To effectively communicate, we must realize that we are all different in the way we perceive the world and use this understanding as a guide to our communication with others.” – Tony Robbins
- “The difference between happiness is no-where and happiness is now-here has something to do with the event, and everything to do with how you see the event. Your perception is key.” – Robert Holden
- “Our minds influence the key activity of the brain, which then influences everything; perception, cognition, thoughts and feelings, personal relationships; they’re all a projection of you.” – Deepak Chopra
- “The psychic perception is a feeling as opposed to a thinking. Not a feeling that is engendered through emotion necessarily. It comes from the psychic plane of intuition, which is another stage of our mind.” – Frederick Lenz
- “Artists – musicians, painters, writers, poets – always seem to have had the most accurate perception of what is really going on around them, not the official version or the popular perception of contemporary life.” – Billy Joel
- “Owing to some peculiarity in my nervous system, I have perception of some things, which no one else has; or at least very few, if any… I can throw rays from every quarter of the universe into one vast focus.” – Ada Lovelace
- “No man has the right to dictate what other men should perceive, create or produce, but all should be encouraged to reveal themselves, their perceptions and emotions, and to build confidence in the creative spirit.” – Ansel Adams
- “While doing centering prayer, the practice is to let go of any thought or perception. The priority is to be as silent as possible and when that is not possible to let the noise of the thoughts be the sacred symbol for a while, without analyzing them.” – Thomas Keating
“Perception is not reality, it is just our tiny experience of reality, which is something that is very limited and flawed. Only truth is reality, and unless we are willing to question everything that we think we know, we will never see anything but illusion and lies.” – Gavin Nascimento
These positive quotes about perception also cover customer perception quotes, self-perception quotes, perception quotes about life, perception quotes about reality, and perception quotes on love to give you different perspectives of life.
If you have some of your favorite quotes which are not included in the above list, please share them in the comments section below and we will love to add them to the list.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Twitter, Instagram, WhatsApp, and more to inspire positive change in their life.