Looking for powerful thoughts that will change your life? We have rounded up the best collection of the measure of a man quote, and other similar sayings, words, liners, and captions (with images and pictures) on how to judge a man’s true character.
Plato used the term the “measure of a man” he was referring to the character of a person: the character and integrity of a person can be measured by the way he responds to the power he is given.
Also See: Quotes On Morality
The original quote by Plato; “The measure of a man is what he does with power.” means the untilmate understanding of the integrity of a person is not how he behaves in moments of comfort and convenience but how he stands at times of controversy and challenges.
Also See: Good Person Quotes
We have rounded up some wise words of wisdom by some of the greatest and famous stoic philosophers, authors, leaders like Martin Luther King (MLK), and personalities that will show how the behaviour of a person changes when he is in the position of power.
Top 10 The Measure Of A Man Quotes
- “The measure of a man is what he does with power.” – Plato
- “The measure of a man is in the lives he’s touched.” – Ernie Banks
- “Really, the measure of a man is when they’re tired and exhausted.” – George Eads
- “The true measure of a man is what he would do if he knew he would never be caught.” – Lord Kelvin
- “If there be any truer measure of a man than by what he does, it must be by what he gives.”- Robert South
- “The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.” – Samuel Johnson
- “If you want to see the true measure of a man, watch how he treats his inferiors, not his equals.” – J. K. Rowling
- “My dad always said, ‘Champ, the measure of a man is not how often he is knocked down, but how quickly he gets up.’” – Joe Biden
- “The measure of a man is not how great his faith is, but how great his love is. We must not let government programs disconnect our souls from each other.” – J. C. Watts
- “The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
Famous Quotes About The Measure Of A Man
- “The measure of a man’s life is the well spending of it, and not the length.” – Plutarch
- “The measure of a man is the way he bears up under misfortune.” – Peter Nivio Zarlenga
- “How will I be remembered by my children? This is the true measure of a man.” – Brian Herbert
- “Bear in mind that the measure of a man is the worth of the things he cares about.” – Marcus Aurelius
- “The true measure of a man is the degree to which he has managed to subjugate his ego.” – Albert Einstein
- “The measure of a man is not how many servants he has but how many men he serves.” – Dwight L. Moody
- “The only measure of your worth and your deeds will be the love you leave behind when you’re gone.” – Fred Small
- “I believe the measure of a man isn’t just the road he’s traveled; it’s the choices he’s made along the way.” – Joe Biden
- “The measure of a man is not necessarily his title or his position, but rather how he treats others.” – Victor L. Brown
- “The strength of a man’s virtue should not be measured by his special exertions, but by his habitual acts.” – Blaise Pascal
- “The measure of a man’s real character is what he would do if he knew he would never be found out.” – Thomas B. Macaulay
- “Let us measure ourselves by our Master, and not by our fellow-servants : then pride will be impossible.” – Charles Spurgeon
- “You can easily judge the character of a man by how he treats those who can do nothing for him.” – Johann Wolfgang von Goethe
- “The measure of a man’s character is not determined by how he handles his wins, but how he handles his failures.” – Bill Courtney
- “As I’ve mentioned, a large part of my father’s legacy is the lesson he taught his sons. He brought us together and said, ‘The measure of a man is how well he provides for his children.” – Sidney Poitier
- “I have always thought you could take the measure of a man by his sports manners – that is to say, the way in which he conducts himself on the playing field, or even over a game of chess or cards.” – Graydon Carter
- “The true measure of a man is not his intelligence or how high he rises in this freak establishment. No, the true measure of a man is this: how quickly can he respond to the needs of others and how much of himself he can give.” – Philip K. Dick
- “Sure, when you’re in the midst of your own suffering, it’s easy to convince yourself that you’re no good—but we are all tested in this life…The measure of a man is not how much he suffers in the test, but how he comes out at the end.” – Neal Shusterman
- “The measure of a man cannot be whether he ever makes mistakes, because he will make mistakes. It’s what he does in response to his mistakes. The same is true of companies. We have to apologize, we have to fix the problem, and we have to learn from our mistakes.” – Wil Shipley
- “The measure of a man comes down to moments, spread out like dots of pain on the canvas on life. Everything you were, everything you’ll someday be, resides in the small, seemingly ordinary choices of everyday life…..Each decision seems as insignificant as a left turn on an unfamiliar road when you have no destination in mind. But the decisions accumulate until you realize one day that they’ve made you the man that you are.” – Kristin Hannah
If you like these inspirational principles and great the measure of a man quotations, then also check our collection of generosity quotes and helping others quotes to inspire you to be kind and positive in all situations.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words of wisdom and share your feelings in words.
If we have missed some quotes, share it with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add it to the list.