Looking for toxic people quotes? We’ve got you covered and rounded up some of the best inspirational toxic people quotes, sayings, proverbs, captions, and status, (with images and pictures).
These quotes can give you some clarity to the confusion and frustration of having these poisonous people in your life and take a positive approach in life and relationships.
Also see: Trust No One Quotes
It may be a close friend, family member, or a partner who is really difficult to get along with. When you’re around them, you feel manipulated and dominated. Dealing with such people can be never easy so you should find ways to get rid of the toxicity that clouds your life.
They make you doubt your decisions and undermine your self-esteem. They try to play with your psychology and try to dominate you with all aspects of your life.
Also See: Failed Relationship Quotes
Distancing yourself from such people is all you need to do, to get control over your life.
Famous Toxic People Quotes
- “We teach people how to treat us.” – Dr. Phil
- “You gotta stop watering dead plants.” – Unknown
- “Some people create their own storms and then get mad when it rains.” – Unknown
- “Some of the most poisonous people come disguised as friends and family.” –Unknown
- “People inspire you, or they drain you. Pick them wisely.” — Hans F. Hasen
- “The less you respond to negative people, the more powerful your life will become.” – Unknown
- “It’s so nice when toxic people stop talking to you. It’s like the trash took itself out.” – Unknown
- “Some people don’t want to be fixed because being broken gets them attention.” – Unknown
- “People who are not happy with themselves, cannot possibly be happy with you.” – Unknown
- “Toxic people will make you feel like you’re holding a grudge. No, dude. That’s a boundary.” – Unknown
- “Toxic people create chaos, point fingers, shift blame and avoid taking responsibility.” – Dr. Anne Brown RNMS
- “Beware of those around you who subtly sow the seeds of doubt.” ― Wayne Gerard Trotman
- “Toxic people will pollute everything around them. Don’t hesitate. Fumigate.” ― Mandy Hale
- “If you attach to the negative behavior of others it brings you down to their level.” – Guru Singh
- “You create more space in your life when you turn your excess baggage to garbage.” ― Chinonye J. Chidolue
- “Don’t let negative and toxic people rent space in your head. Raise the rent and kick them out.” — Robert Tew
- “It’s amazing how quickly things can turn around when you remove toxic people from your life.” — Robert Tew
- “You cannot change the people around you, but you can change the people you choose to be around.” ― Unknown
- “While you can’t control someone’s negative behavior, you can control how long you participate in it.” — Unknown
- “Pay no attention to toxic words. What people say is often a reflection of themselves, not you.” ― Christian Baloga
- “The wrong person will give you less than what you’re worth but that doesn’t mean that you have to accept it.” — Sonya Parker
- “If you accept the expectations of others, especially negative ones, then you never will change the outcome.” — Michael Jordan
- People who try to bring you down everyday aren’t important in your life, so you better treat their opinions as such.” – Terry Mark
- “Don’t let toxic people infect you with the fear of giving and receiving one of the most powerful forces in this world… LOVE!”― Yvonne Pierre
- “Life is short. Don’t waste it with negative people who don’t appreciate you. Keep them in your heart but keep them out of your life.” — Unknown
- Toxic people attach themselves like cinder blocks tied to your ankles, and then invite you for a swim in their poisoned waters.” ― John Mark Green
- “You lift your spirits by moving away from what upsets you. If the stove is hot, you can’t ask how to touch it but be happy about it.” ― Queen Tourmaline
- “When people pressure you to engage in negative decisions and actions, look at them boldly in the eyes and dare them to do good.” ― Edmond Mbiaka
- “If it comes, let it come. If it goes, it’s ok, let it go. Let things come and go. Stay calm, don’t let anything disturb your peace, and carry on.” ― Germany Kent
- If a negative viewer looks at you with an ugly fiendish eye, find a way and pluck off his eyes, or better still, protect your good image.” ― Michael Bassey Johnson
- “An entire sea of water can’t sink a ship unless it gets inside the ship. Similarly, the negativity of the world can’t put you down unless you allow it to get inside you.” — Goi Nasu
- “No matter how much you love the person, you cannot change them. You may influence them; but at the end of the day, they must decide for themselves.” — Robert E. Baines Jr.
- If a person finds negative people in his life, then he needs to mend his own nature than that of others, for his own basic grounding decides the level of acidic or toxicity surrounding him.” — Anuj Somany
- “We don’t get to choose our family, but we can choose our friends. With courage, we can weed out narcissistic people. We can focus on those who do appreciate us, love us, and treat us with respect.” ― Dana Arcuri
- “My encouragement: delete the energy vampires from your life, clean out all complexity, build a team around you that frees you to fly, remove anything toxic, and cherish simplicity. Because that’s where genius lives.” — Robin S. Sharma
- “As important as it is to learn how to deal with different kinds of people, truly toxic people will never be worth your time and energy – and they take a lot of each. Toxic people create unnecessary complexity, strife, and, worst of all, stress.” — Travis Bradberry
Quotes About Toxicity
And when nothing else works drop them from your lives and free yourself from all negativity and hurtful behavior.
- “Toxic people acting as a victim is the funniest shit ever.” – Unknown
- “Don’t confuse “familiar” with “acceptable”. Toxic relationships can fool you like that.” – Steve Maraboli
- “Keeping bad company is like being in a germ-infested area. You never know what you’ll catch.” – Frank Sonnenberg
- When you notice someone does something toxic the first time, don’t wait for the second time before you address it.” – Shahida Arabi
- “Some people are in such utter darkness that they will burn you just to see a light. Try not to take it personally.” – Kamand Kojouri
- “A lot of people who have experienced trauma at the hands of people they’ve trusted take responsibility, and that is what’s toxic.” – Hannah Gadsby
- “When being in a toxic relationship in life at times you may have to step outside yourself, to see yourself, so you can find yourself and love yourself again.” – Angel Moreira
- “Like arsenic, toxic people will slowly kill you. They kill your positive spirit and play with your mind and emotions. The only cure is to let them go.” – Denisse Lisseth
- “Yes, the people around us can be insensitive, narcissistic, toxic, and sometimes even abusive, but it is up to us to take that energy on or let it flow through us. No one is responsible for taking away our happiness but us.” – Aletheia Luna
- “Don’t let toxic people sabotage your happiness, ruin your positive attitude, contaminate your mind or destroy your self-confidence. Instead, surround yourself with generous, positive, and nurturing people who will lift you up.” – Farshad Asl
- “It’s rare for a toxic person to change their behavior. More often, the only thing that varies is their target and the blame they place. Because some toxic people are difficult to identify, keep in mind that a victim mindset is sometimes a red flag. So, listen when someone talks about their life and circumstances. If the list of people they blame is long… it’s probably only a matter of time before you’re on that list.” – Steve Maraboli
Removing Toxic People Quotes
Letting go of toxic and unwanted people is very important for healthy relationships. Getting rid of negative people from life will create more space for progress, peace, and success in life.
Also See: Toxic Friends Quotes
You feel your life to be uncluttered and clear of all unhealthy relationships which do not contribute positively to your peace of mind.
Even though you know these people aren’t good for you and are causing you pain, it’s hard to let them go. Hope these quotes inspire you to have the courage and take the decision to remove those toxic people from your life.
- “The best defense is to keep off the radar of negative people.”― Steven Redhead
- “Letting toxic people go is not an act of cruelty. It’s an act of self-care.”― Unknown
- “If they do it often, it isn’t a mistake; it’s just their behavior.” — Dr. Steve Maraboli
- “Negative people need drama like oxygen. Stay positive, it will take their breath away.” – Tony Gaskins
- “Letting go of toxic people in your life is a big step in loving yourself.” – Hussein Nishah
- “Let negative people live their negative lives with their negative minds.”― Moosa Rahat
- “You cannot expect to live a positive life if you hang with negative people.” — Joel Osteen
- “Make a habit of shutting down conversations that aim to tear others down.” — Unknown
- “Remember…Whoever is trying to bring you down is already below you.” — Ziad K. Abdelnour
- “Weeding out the harmful influences should become the norm not the exception.” ― Carlos Wallace
- “Handling toxic people is not an art, they will be the victim of their own toxicity.” ― P.S. Jagadeesh Kumar
- “There are people who break you down by just being them. They need not do anything. Dissociate” ― Malebo Sephodi
- “Don’t waste your time trying to explain yourself to people that are committed to misunderstanding you.” — Shannon L. Alder
- “When someone tells me ‘no,’ it doesn’t mean I can’t do it, it simply means I can’t do it with them.” — Karen E. Quinones Miller
- “Every day you must unlearn the ways that hold you back. You must rid yourself of negativity, so you can learn to fly.” — Leon Brown
- “There’s folks you just don’t need. You’re better off without em. Your life is just a little better because they ain’t in it.” ― William Gay
- “As you remove toxic people from your life, you free up space and emotional energy for positive, healthy relationships.” ― John Mark Green
- “Letting go means to come to the realization that some people are a part of your history, but not a part of your destiny.” — Dr. Steve Maraboli
- “Until you let go of all the toxic people in your life you will never be able to grow into your fullest potential. Let them go so you can grow.” – DLQ
- “Sometimes it’s better to end something & try to start something new than imprison yourself in hoping for the impossible.” – Karen Salmansohn
- “Cutting people out of your life doesn’t mean you hate them, it simply means you respect yourself. Not everyone is meant to stay.” — Unknown
- “To be of good quality, you have to excuse yourself from the presence of shallow and callow minded individuals.”― Michael Bassey Johnson
- “If you walked away from a toxic, negative, abusive, one-sided, dead-end low vibrational relationship or friendship — you won.” ― Lalah Delia
- “I have found the best way to deal with a toxic person is to not respond in any other way than monotone voice and a businesslike manner.” ― Jen Grice
- “Stay away from negative people. They drain your energy like vampires suck out human’s blood. Hell. They’re the real ‘dementors’.”― Riza Prasetyaningsih
- “May you reach that level within, where you no longer allow your past or people with toxic intentions to negatively affect or condition you.” ― Lalah Delia
- “No one forces a person to be negative, and no one forces anyone to be positive. The choice is up to an individual and that person alone.” — Byron Pulsifer
- “Surround yourself with positive people who believe in your dreams, encourage your ideas, support your ambitions, and bring out the best in you.” — Roy Bennett
- “You will find that it is necessary to let things go; simply for the reason that they are heavy. So let them go, let go of them. I tie no weights to my ankles.” — C. JoyBell C.
- “Keep away from people who try to belittle your ambitions. Small people always do that, but the really great make you feel that you, too can become great.” — Mark Twain
- “Letting go doesn’t mean that you don’t care about someone anymore. It’s just realizing that the only person you really have control over is yourself.” — Deborah Reber
- “Avoid negative people, for they are the greatest destroyers of self confidence and self-esteem. Surround yourself with people who bring out the best in you!” – Auliq Ice
- “Poisonous relationships can alter our perception. You can spend many years thinking you’re worthless. But you’re not worthless. You’re underappreciated.” — Dr. Steve Maraboli
- “We all have those toxic people around us that make our lives miserable… The day we take them out from our lives, we will all become better people; including them…” ― Rodolfo Peon
- “Let go of negative people. They only show up to share complaints, problems, disastrous stories, fear, and judgment on others. If somebody is looking for a bin to throw all their trash into, make sure it’s not in your mind.” – Dalai Lama
Get Rid Of Toxic People Quotes
These toxic quotes are deep, sad, emotional, sarcastic, and positive too, which will let you know, that you are not alone going through the struggle and the best thing to do after trying your best is to set boundaries and keep your respect.
- “I will not allow anyone to walk in my mind with dirty feet.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Stop letting people who do so little for you control so much of your mind, feelings, and emotions.” – Will Smith
- “Don’t waste yourself in rejection, nor bark against the bad, but chant the beauty of the good.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Negative people can only infest you with discouragements when they find you around… Just get lost and get saved!” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “Fire false friends as early as possible. Do it before they dig out the dream seeds you’ve planted! The earlier, the better; the quicker, the safer!” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “Losing will not always amount to a loss, sometimes you have to lose those toxic relationships and bad habits to create a space for better things.” – Gift Gugu Mona
- “Toxic relationships are dangerous to your health; they will literally kill you. Stress shortens your lifespan. Even a broken heart can kill you. There is an undeniable mind-body connection.” ― Bryant McGill
- “Save your skin from the corrosive acids from the mouths of toxic people. Someone who just helped you to speak evil about another person can later help another person to speak evil about you.” – Israelmore Ayivor
- “These are the attributes of Bullshit people; they will…blur your imagination, take your endowments for a piece of debris, make you ridiculous, and most importantly, you got to send them to the recycle bin.” – Michael Bassey Johnson
- “I found peace of mind when I walked away from small fights not worth fighting. I stopped fighting for people who gossiped about me. I stopped fighting for those who didn’t respect me. I quit worrying about those who wouldn’t value me for being me.” – Dana Arcuri
How did you find these quotes about toxic people and relationships? If you have any other inspirational quotes to add to the list, let us know in the comment section below.
To help you achieve your highest potential these wise and thought-provoking quotes, sayings, and proverbs, are collected from a variety of sources over the years.
If you are motivated by these wise words of wisdom, feel free to share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.