110 Best Losing Friends Quotes, Sayings & Images
Lost a friend? Looking for sad quotes about losing a friend? We have got you covered with some famous and relatable losing friends quotes and sayings (with images, and pictures) by authors, celebrities, and poets.
In this millennial world, where every relationship changes quickly, friendship is the most special bond that one creates.
You can be yourself with your best friend, and talk out the deepest secrets and biggest fears. They are our confidants and the biggest support system, who stand by you in thick and thin.
Related: Fake Friends Quotes
Sometimes, even the best of friendships can fall apart due to many reasons. You and your bestie may end up with a bad fight or may have slowly drifted away over time or you may separate from your best friend, either through death or distance.
Friendship breakups can end just like romantic relationships — and they can hurt just as badly.
Losing friends is a painful and difficult experience that most people will go through at some point in their lives.
It can be caused by a variety of reasons, such as distance, changes in lifestyle or interests, disagreements, or even betrayal.
Regardless of the reason, losing a friend can feel like a significant loss, leaving us with a sense of loneliness and heartache.
Whatever the case, the loss of a true friend is irreplaceable. But sooner or later we need to accept the situation and move on in life.
Related: Selfish Friends Quotes
Below is a compilation of deep losing a friend quotes and sayings that will help you to describe what you’re feeling when you’ve lost a good friend in life.
Don’t forget to check out our sad friendship quotes and sayings that will make you cry.
Famous Quotes About Losing Friends
- “Friendship causes heartbreak too.”
- “To lose a friend is the greatest of all loses.”
- “Losing my friend is making me lose my sanity.”
- “Hard times will always reveal true friends.”
- “I miss you. The old you. The new one sucks.”
- “The death of a friend is equivalent to the loss of a limb.”
- “Due to success, I started losing friends.” — Ace Hood
- “I didn’t lose a friend. I just realized I never had one.”
- “Lovers have a right to betray your friends don’t.” — Judy Holliday
- “Sometimes life is hard to bear when a friend is just not there.”
- “We’ll grow up, we’ll move on but we will always be best friends.”
- “A good friend is hard to find, hard to lose, and hard to forget.”
- “Moving on is simple, what you leave behind that makes it difficult.”
- “We are neither on good terms or bad. We are no longer anything.”
- ” I lost many friends, just because I stopped texting them first.”
- “I told God Protect me from enemies and I started losing friends.”
- “Sometimes life is hard to bear, when a friend is just not there.”
- “We can’t feel the loss of a friend until they are apart from us.”
- “Why does it take a minute to say hello and forever to say goodbye?”
- “I’m losing friends ’cause people are catching feelings I’m not catching.”
- “The friendship that can cease has never been real.” — St. Jerome
- “But fate ordains that dearest friends must part.”- Edward Young
- “A friend who dies, it’s something of you who dies.” — Gustave Flaubert
- “Friends are forever, you might lose them but you’ll never forget them.”
- “One of the saddest things about ending a relationship is losing your best friend.”
- “The worst thing ever is seeing your best friend slowly replacing you with another friend.”
- Excuse me, then! you know my heart; But dearest friends, alas! must part. — John Gay
- “No one is really busy. It all depends on what number you are on their priority list.”
- “Somebody asked me if I knew you. A million memories flash through my mind, but I just smiled and said I used to.”
- “Make as many friends as you can, but don’t build your life on them alone. It’s an unstable foundation.”
- “Some people aren’t loyal to you. They are loyal to their needs of you. Once their needs change, so does their loyalty.”
- “The bond between friends cannot be broken by chance; no interval of time or space can destroy it. Not even death itself can part true friends.”— St. John Cassian
- “Some say that time changes. Best friends can become strangers.” – Good Charlotte
- “The worst solitude is to be destitute of sincere friendship.” – Sir Francis Bacon
- “As we grow up we don’t lose friends. We just learn who our real ones are.” — Unknown
- “Our roads may split and drift apart but we’ll always remain friends at heart.” – Unknown
- “No one is really busy. It all depends on what number you are on their priority list.”
- “Ever has it been that love knows not its own depth until the hour of separation.” ―Khalil Gibran
- “An insincere friend is more to be feared than a wild beast; a wild beast may wound your body, but an evil friend will wound your mind.” — Buddha
- “Friendship must never be buried under the weight of misunderstanding.” – Sri Chinmoy
- “I don’t give up on friendship easily, But when I do it’s because they gave up first.” —Unknown
- “If two friends ask you to judge a dispute, do not accept, as you may lose a friend.” — Saint Augustine
- “You know you’ve read a good book when you turn the last page and feel a little as if you have lost a friend.”
- “Sometimes you just have to accept the fact that some people only enter your life as a temporary happiness.”
- Remembering all our memories, and it’s times like these that I miss you most, remembering when we were so close.”
- “True friendship is like sound health; the value of it is seldom known until it is lost.” — Charles Caleb Colton
- “It’s hard to tell who has your back, from who has it long enough just to stab you in it”. – Nicole Richie
- “Broken friendships are very hard to fix but sometimes we just have to believe that everything will be okay in the end.”
- “Friendship means understanding, not agreement. It means forgiveness, not forgetting. It means the memories last, even if contact is lost.” — Author Unknown
- A friend once asked me; “What if I broke your trust someday”? I replied “Trusting you was my decision and proving me right is your choice”
- “We always thought we’d look back on our tears and laugh, but we never thought we’d look back on our laughter and cry.”
- “False friends are like our shadow, keeping close to us while we walk in the sunshine, but leaving us the instant we cross into the shade.” – Christian Nestell Bovee
- “Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends.” – Richard Bach
- “While we are mourning the loss of our friend, others are rejoicing to meet him behind the veil.” –John Taylor
- “True regret is knowing you missed your only opportunity to be simply a good friend to someone that was exactly like you.”- Shannon L. Alder
- We all lose friends.. we lose them in death, to distance, and over time. But even though they may be lost, hope is not. The key is to keep them in your heart, and when the time is right, you can pick up the friendship right where you left off. Even the lost find their way home when you leave the light on. ― Amy Marie Walz
- “No person is your friend who demands your silence or denies your right to grow.” — Alice Walker
- “Breaking with old friends is one of the most painful of the changes in all that piling up of a multitude of small distasteful changes that constitutes growing older.” – John Dos Passos
- “Friendship is like a glass ornament, once it is broken, it can rarely be put back together in exactly the same way.” – Charles Kingsley
- “When your friends are gone and you only can look at pictures, then remember, that times and people change but that memories stay forever.”
- “And I wonder where the friendship went. What about the days and the memories we spent? Now it feels like I’m being replaced. Now it feels like I don’t know you.” – Unknown
- Can miles truly separate you from friends? If you want to be with someone you love, aren’t you already there? — Richard Bach
- “You meet people who forget you. You forget the people you meet. But sometimes you meet those people you can’t forget. Those are your friends.”
- “Friendship means understanding, not agreement. It means forgiveness, not forgetting. It means the memories last, even if contact is lost.”
- “Your lost friends are not dead, but gone before, advanced a stage or two upon that road which you must travel in the steps they trod.” — Aristophanes
- When our friends are alive, we see the good qualities they lack; dead, we remember only those they possessed. — Jean Antoine Petit-Senn
- “Some people are going to leave, but that’s not the end of your story. That’s the end of their part in your story.”
- “True friends are the ones who never leave your heart, even if they leave your life for a while. Even after years apart, you pick up with them right where you left off, and even if they die they’re never dead in your heart.”
- “The problem with having friends was that you might lose them. Or they might get hurt.” —Gwenda Bond
- “Sometimes we lose friends for whose loss our regret is greater than our grief and others for whom our grief is greater than our regret.” — Francois de la Rochefoucauld
- “One of the difficult things about growing older is that you start losing so many friends. On the other hand, the older you get, the less time you have to wait until you see them again.” ― Ron Brackin
- “True friendship can afford true knowledge. It does not depend on darkness and ignorance.” – Henry David Thoreau
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” — Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “Breaking with old friends is one of the most painful of the changes in all that piling up of a multitude of small distasteful changes that constitutes growing older.” — John Dos Passos
- “The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain, one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend.” — Heather Brewer
- “No distance of place or lapse of time can lessen the friendship of those who are thoroughly persuaded of each other’s worth.” — Robert Southey
- “On the death of a friend, we should consider that the fates through confidence have devolved on us the task of a double living, that we have henceforth to fulfill the promise of our friend’s life also, in our own, to the world.” — Henry David Thoreau
- “The deep pain that is felt at the death of every friendly soul arises from the feeling that there is in every individual something which is inexpressible, peculiar to him alone, and is, therefore, absolutely and irretrievably lost.” — Arthur Schopenhauer
- Death is but crossing the world, as friends do the seas; they live in one another still. For they must be present, that love and live in that which is omnipresent. In this divine glass, they see face to face, and their converse is free as well as pure. This is the comfort of friends, that though they may be said to die, yet their friendship and society are, in the best sense, ever-present, because immortal. — William Penn
- “We call that person who has lost his father, an orphan; and a widower that man who has lost his wife. But that man who has known the immense unhappiness of losing a friend, by what name do we call him? Here every language is silent and holds its peace in impotence.” — Joseph Roux
- Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetime, is certain for those who are friends. — Richard Bach
Related Topics and Quotes;
Friends Disappointment Sayings and Quotes
Trust No One Quotes and Proverbs
Inspirational Letting Go Quotes
Sad Being Ignored Quotes and Pictures
Amazing BFF Quotes and Status Messages
Heartbreaking Ex-Boyfriend Quotes
Beating and Surviving Cancer Quotes
Deep Falling Out of Love Quotes
Losing friends quotes can also offer insight and wisdom into the nature of friendship and human relationships.
They can help us come to terms with the reality of the situation and find the strength to move forward.
They can also remind us of the value of true friendship, and the importance of cherishing the people in our lives.
If you’re going through a difficult time because of losing a friend, losing friends quotes can provide solace and support.
They can help you process your emotions and gain perspective, and they can remind you that there is hope for new friendships and connections in the future.
Here’s hoping that these quotes about lost friendships inspire you to keep your friend’s memories in your heart, and at the same time make a fresh start in life!
If these quotations helped you, please feel free to share them with your friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, Whatsapp, and more.