80 Quotes About Friendship Ending – Broken Friendship Quotes
Read the best collection of quotes about friendship ending, sayings, captions, and messages (with images and pictures) about broken friendships.
Friends are the special bond that we create. Your bestie is your confidant and partner in crime who supports you through thick and thin. It’s the family you chose and share all ups and downs with.
Parting ways with your friends and ending your friendship can be heartbreaking and really difficult to deal with.
There may be several reasons for breaking your friendship; be it betrayal, dishonesty, lying, or cheating that can cause you to end that relationship.
Broken friendships are painful and disappointing and the sadness is sometimes unbearable.
These relatable ending friendship quotes may break your heart but also help you to let go of fake friendships and move on.
Don’t forget to check out our sad friendship quotes and losing friends quotes that will make you cry.
Best Quotes About Friendship Ending
- “Friends can break your heart, too.” – Unknown
- “There actually is an “end” in friendship.” – Unknown
- “From friends to strangers with memories.” – Unknown
- “A friendship that can end never really began.” – Publilius Syrus
- “Not friends, not enemies. Just strangers with memories.” – Unknown
- “How strange is it, that after all that, we are strangers again?” – Lang Leav
- “A broken friendship can be a comma or a full stop, you choose.” – Unknown
- “In life we never lose friends, we only learn who the true ones are.” – Unknown
- “Friendship is not capable of ending. If it ends it is only because it never existed.” – Unknown
- “Don’t be dismayed at goodbyes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again.” – Unknown
- “At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life.” – Unknown
- “Somebody asked me if I knew you. A million memories flashed through my mind, but I just said, I used to.” – Unknown
- “We all lose friends. We lose them in death, to distance, and over time. But even though they may be lost, hope is not.” – Amy Marie Walz
- “Its really amazing when two strangers become the best of friends, but it’s really sad when the best of friends become two strangers.” – Unknown
- “You have to let people go. Everyone who’s in your life are meant to be in your journey, but not all of them are meant to stay till the end.” – Unknown
- “So let’s ignore each other, try to pretend the other person doesn’t exist, but deep down, we both know it wasn’t supposed to end like this.” – Unknown
- “Friendships ending are some of the worst things that could happen. I wish it wasn’t so painful, but it hurts just almost as much as a break-up.” – Unknown
- “The saddest thing about betrayal is that it never comes from your enemies.” – Unknown
Sad End Of A Friendship Quotes
If you like these deep quotes also check out old friends quotes and new friends quotes to re-live your childhood, school or college days.
Friendship can be tricky to deal with. At times it is the best thing in the world and at times, it can be the worst thing that makes you lose hope about this world.
- “It hurt because it mattered.” – John Green
- “You have been my friend. That in itself is a tremendous thing.” – E.B. White
- “Friendship is like paper. It will never be the same once crumpled.” – Unknown
- “Friendships may end but the memories you made together are forever.” – Unknown
- “The most painful goodbyes are the ones that are never explained.” – Unknown
- “It doesn’t matter if it was a relationship or a friendship. When it ends, your heart breaks.” – Unknown
- “We laughed until we had to cry. And we loved right down to our last goodbye. We were the best.” – David Foster
- “It’s sad when you’ve already learned to be a part of someone’s life and then you end up being strangers.” – Unknown
- “You have to let people go. Everyone in your life is not meant to stay. Some are meant to just be a part of your journey.” – Unknown
- “We’ve known each other since high school, and it just throws me off how you can end our friendship so abruptly without any notice. Do you not care at all?” – Unknown
Sad Friendship Break-Up Quotes
If you’ve reached the point of breaking up with a friend, you may experience a range of emotions.
From anger, hurt, dissapointment to an overall feeling of loss may consume you. Ending a friendship is never easy and you miss the person you used to be with.
Also See: Missing Friends Quotes
If you find it difficult to express your pain of the breakup then these broken friendship quotes will help you give words to your emotions.
- “Behind many broken friendships there is a marriage.” – Pratik Akkawar
- “We can’t feel the loss of a friend until they are apart from us.” – Unknown
- “Friendship requires truth, and there is no truth in her.” – Julie Eshbaugh
- “We are neither on good terms or bad. We are no longer anything.” – Unknown
- “Sadness is… seeing your best friend close with someone else.” – Unknown
- “Some say that time changes. Best friends can become strangers.” – Good Charlotte
- “I used to know you the best and now I don’t even remember your name.” – Mya Waechtler
- “That friendship will not continue to the end which is begun for an end.” – Francis Quareles
- “No person is your friend who demands your silence, or denies your right to grow.” – Alice Walker
- “Walk away from friendships that make you feel small and insecure, and seek out people who inspire you and support you.” – Michelle Obama
- “I really do not hate you but my disappointment is that you changed and became everything you had promised you would never be.” – Unknown
- “The sad moment when you can feel you and your best friend slowly drifting apart.” – Unknown
- “Friendship means understanding, not agreement. It means forgiveness, not forgetting. It means the memories last, even if contact is lost.” – Unknown
- “The worst pain in the world goes beyond the physical. Even further beyond any other emotional pain one can feel. It is the betrayal of a friend.” – Heather Brewer
- “Don’t be dismayed at good-byes. A farewell is necessary before you can meet again. And meeting again, after moments or lifetimes, is certain for those who are friends.” – Richard Bach
Sad Broken Friendship Quotes
Friendships end not only because they are fake, sometimes it happens for no reason. That’s why it hurts the most.
Express your true emotions and sadness with these outgrowing friends quotes when with time you feel you need to walk away from toxic or fake pals.
- “Friendships cause heartbreaks too.” – Unknown
- “Once best friends, now strangers with memories.” – Unknown
- “I miss those days when we all were friends.” – Unknown
- “Sad but true, friends can break your heart too.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes life is hard to bear, when a friend is just not there.” – Unknown
- “Sometimes you have to unfollow people in real life.”- Unknown
- “Sometimes you have to give up on people. Not because you don’t care, because they don’t.” – Unknown
- “In the end, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends.” – Martin Luther King, Jr.
- “There comes a time when you have to stop crossing oceans for people who won’t even jump puddles for you.” – Unknown
- “Just because I’m not your friend anymore, it doesn’t mean that I wish ill upon you. I hope you’re doing good, just maybe without me with you.” – Unknown
- “Broken friendships hurt, but it could hurt us more if we stay in a toxic friendship. Let’s just take what we can get and leave while we’re still good.” – Unknown
- “Was our friendship so terrible that you felt a need to burn the bridges? I hope I haven’t been that terrible to you, but I understand if you feel that way.” – Unknown
- “I don’t understand why you just suddenly cut me off your circle. But, I thought we were getting along just fine and wish you’ve left an explanation, at least.” – Unknown
Painful Friendship Lost Quotes
- “A friendship that can cease has never been real.” – St. Jerome
- “While fortune lasts you will see your friend’s face.” – Petronius
- “The courts of kings are full of men, empty of friends.” – Seneca
- “Lovers have a right to betray you; friends don’t.” – Judy Holliday
- “Making new friends shouldn’t mean losing old ones.” – Unknown
- “It can be one of the hardest things in life to lose your best friend.” – Unknown
- “Friendship can sometimes end in love, but love in friendship, never.” – Unknown
- “Our friendship ended unexpectedly, the reason behind it will always remain my biggest question.” – Unknown
- “I no longer have the energy for meaningless friendships, forced interactions, or unnecessary conversations.” – Unknown
- “It’s sad when people you know become people you knew.” – Unknown
Friends Falling Apart Quotes
- “If you lose a friend because you’re honest, it wasn’t a good friend.” – Unknown
- “So many friendships ended just because we stopped texting them first.” – Unknown
- “As we get older, we don’t lose friends. We just find out who the real ones are.” – Unknown
- “I don’t give up on friendships easily, but when I do, it’s because they gave up first.” – Unknown
- “No one is really busy. It all depends on what number you are on their priority list.” – Unknown
- “Unreal friendship may turn to real. But real friendship, once ended, cannot be mended.” – T.S. Eliot
- “The worst thing ever is seeing your best friend slowly replacing you with another friend.” – Unknown
- “We have three types of friends in life: friends for a reason, friends for a season, and friends for a lifetime.” – Unknown
- “Have you ever noticed that sometimes when you stop making efforts, a relationship or friendship ends? It is because it was never two-sided. It was just you, alone.” – Unknown
There are several “red flags” that indicate that a critical juncture in a friendship has been reached. If you want to deal with a toxic friend read more to know better.
If you can mend your relationship then you should try to fix things, otherwise, let go and move on in life.
To help you achieve your highest potential these wise and thought-provoking ex-friend quotes and captions, are collected from a variety of sources over the years.
If you are motivated by these wise words of wisdom, feel free to spread the positive vibes and share it with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
Don’t forget to read our betryal in love quotes and loyal friends quotes to cherish your true friends.
If we have missed some quotes, share it with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add it to the list.