Concerned about privacy invasion? Read the best collection of privacy quotes, sayings, and captions that will remind you of the importance of keeping a balance between your social and private life.
As we all know, in this digital age, everything is about information and data.
Thus the value of protecting data from unauthorized access and keeping the confidentiality of information is very important.
Privacy does not necessarily mean keeping secrets but it means creating boundaries between personal, professional, and social life.
And with the increasing and ever-changing pace of the cyber-world protection of personal information from unauthorized access, hacking, and misuse is the main concern.
As we all know, our mobile or laptops have our personal images, bank details, contacts, and emails. And thus keeping our data intact and private is the top priority.
Because your personal life details are not for consumption by the world.
So as privacy is our fundamental right and freedom from any intrusion or interference without permission.
And now it is important to be aware of strong security settings for Apps, mobiles, social networks, and more to keep your data and information safe.
These insightful privacy quotes are a reminder to share your data and information on the internet and social platforms with caution and responsibility.
Top 10 Privacy Quotes
- “There are no secrets on the internet.” – Paul Babicki
- “Friends don’t spy; true friendship is about privacy, too.” – Stephen King
- “If you read someone else’s diary, you get what you deserve.” – David Sedaris
- “I like the privacy of my life and I protect it quite vigilantly.” – Nicole Kidman
- “Without privacy, there was no point in being an individual.” – Jonathan Franzen
- “All human beings have three lives: public, private, and secret.” – Gabriel García Márquez
- “Once you’ve lost your privacy, you realize you’ve lost an extremely valuable thing.” – Billy Graham
- “Privacy is not something that I’m merely entitled to, it’s an absolute prerequisite.” – Marlon Brando
- “You don’t know how much you appreciate your privacy until you don’t have it.” – Morgan Freeman
- “In the olden times, privacy was good. Today people want to share, people are more open.” – Mark Zuckerberg
Best Quotes About Privacy
Breach of privacy online and offline is a rising concern with the technological advancements and digitization of the modern world.
Not posting every minute detail on social websites and maintaining strong passwords are some of the way to control your personal data online.
These famous quotes on privacy will inspire you to value the power of privacy and build your guards high, both online and offline to protect it from unauthorized access.
- “A private life is a happy life.” – Unknown
- “Privacy is power. What people don’t know, they can’t ruin.” – Unknown
- “Privacy is dead, and social media holds the smoking gun.” – Pete Cashmore
- “People don’t know the half of it, but they don’t need to know either.” – Unknown
- “We’re all torn between the desire for privacy and the fear of loneliness.” – Andy Rooney
- “The worst thing about being famous is the invasion of your privacy.” – Justin Timberlake
- “To be left alone is the most precious thing one can ask of the modern world.” – Anthony Burgess
- “No, I don’t have anything to hide. I just don’t like people looking through my phone.” – Unknown
- “Privacy is not for sale, and human rights should not be compromised out of fear or greed.” – Pavel Durov
- “Privacy is not an option, and it shouldn’t be the price we accept for just getting on the Internet.” – Gary Kovacs
- “In digital era, privacy must be a priority. Is it just me, or is secret blanket surveillance obscenely outrageous?” – Al Gore
- “I will ask you to respect my privacy, respect my decision and just respect my right to be by myself.” – Eddie Compass
- “Privacy and security are those things you give up when you show the world what makes you extraordinary.” – Margaret Cho
- “Relying on the government to protect your privacy is like asking a peeping tom to install your window blinds.” – John Perry Barlow
- “Men and women understand different things about personal boundaries. What men call privacy, women know as secrecy.” – A. A. Gill
- “When it comes to privacy and accountability, people always demand the former for themselves and the latter for everyone else.” – David Brin
- “Master your character while nobody is watching in privacy and the behavior will follow when everybody looks at you in public.” – Dr. Lucas D. Shallua
- “If the right to privacy means anything, it is the right of the individual, married or single, to be free from unwarranted governmental intrusion.” – William J. Brennan
- “Arguing that you don’t care about the right to privacy because you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don’t care about free speech because you have nothing to say.” – Edward Snowden
- “The older I get the more I realize the value of privacy of cultivating your circle and only letting certain people in you can be open, honest, and real while still understanding not everyone deserves a seat at the table of your life.” – Unknown
Famous Quotes On Privacy
Stats suggest that 72% of US internet users find identity theft and online fraud as the major concern. People feel vulnerable and violation of their basic right to privacy.
So always be careful and responsible when you create and leave digital footprints.
These quotes on privacy highlight the importance of making boundaries and keeping your personal life private and away from the world.
- “I’m fiercely protective of my privacy.” – Carla Gugino
- “Privacy is Everything!” – Jikings Adeshina Anuoluwapo
- “Publication is a self-invasion of privacy.” – Marshall McLuhan
- “It’s dangerous when people are willing to give up their privacy.” – Noam Chomsky
- “3 things to keep private: Your love life. Your income. Your next move.” – Unknown
- “Privacy is a shield from harm, a weapon against tyranny and an ally in struggle.” – Unknown
- “There is no private life which has not been determined by a wider public life.” – George Eliot
- “It’s a magical way to spend a summer – privacy at sea, and fun and friends in port.” – Ivana Trump
- “I do not have anything to hide. But I do not have anything I feel like showing you, either.” – Unknown
- “I value my privacy and my personal life – and I certainly don’t exploit my personal life.” – Scarlett Johansson
- “If you have something that you don’t want anyone to know, maybe you shouldn’t be doing it in the first place.” – Eric Schmidt
- “We know where you are. We know where you’ve been. We can more or less know what you’re thinking about.” – Eric Schmidt
- “Privacy is an inherent human right, and a requirement for maintaining the human condition with dignity and respect.” – Bruce Schneier
- “Data is the pollution problem of the Information Age, and protecting PRIVACY is the environmental challenge.” – Bruce Schneier
- “We are rapidly entering the age of no privacy, where everyone is open to surveillance at all times; where there are no secrets from government.” – William O. Douglas
- “Some praise me, some blame me. I go the other way. Sometimes those things that attract the most attention to us are the things which afford us the greatest privacy.” – Tom Robbins
- “Civilization is the progress toward a society of privacy. The savage’s whole existence is public, ruled by the laws of his tribe. Civilization is the process of setting man free from men.” – Ayn Rand
- “The personal life of every individual is based on secrecy, and perhaps it is partly for that reason that civilized man is so nervously anxious that personal privacy should be respected.” – Anton Chekhov
- “I think privacy is valuable. You don’t have to share everything, and it’s healthy to occasionally hit the pause button and ask yourself if you’re oversharing. But at the end of the day, if you’re not doing anything wrong you don’t have anything to hide.” – Ashton Kutcher
- “Historically, privacy was almost implicit, because it was hard to find and gather information. But in the digital world, whether it’s digital cameras or satellites or just what you click on, we need to have more explicit rules – not just for governments but for private companies.” – Bill Gates
The risk of invasion of private information is a growing concern of the world. From big companies, websites, and mobile operators one finds it very difficult to protect data.
From online shopping apps to social forums everyone is collecting and storing your data making it all the more urgent to protect your information from any infringement.
So always be alert to what you are sharing online and limit your exposure to spammy links.
And always try to browse the internet on secured networks and tighten your privacy settings for emails, mobiles, and Wi-Fi.
Hope these privacy quotes have shed some light on the importance of the right to privacy and securing your information.
Feel free to share these uplifting quotes and images with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, WhatsApp, Tumblr, Pinterest, and more to spread some wise words to inspire others.