I have rounded up the best internet quotes and sayings that perfectly encapsulate the spirit of the digital age, from the advantages of connectivity to the possible risks of over-reliance on technology.
While some quotes are hilarious and frivolous, others are perceptive and thought-provoking.
The way we communicate, gather information, and interact with people around the world has been completely revolutionized by the internet.
As of 2023, there are more than 5.16 billion users of the internet who are actively using it.
We have instant access to an enormous amount of information and can communicate with people anywhere in the world with the click of a button.
Also Check: Innovation Quotes
We can now connect with individuals via video conferencing, email, instant messaging, social media networking, and other tools.
The internet has completely transformed how we purchase and offer services. Due to the rising popularity of online buying, companies of all sizes may now market to a global audience
Internet quotations provide a distinctive viewpoint on the influence of the internet on our daily lives and how we engage with the outside world.
They encourage us to make wise use of the opportunities the internet presents while being aware of its possible perils.
Top 10 Internet Quotes On Connectivity
- “Don’t believe everything you read on the internet.” ― Abraham Lincoln
- “The internet has been a boon and a curse for teenagers.” – J. K. Rowling
- “The Web does not just connect machines, it connects people.” – Tim Berners-Lee
- “If you’re insulting people on the internet, you must be ugly on the inside.” – Phil Lester
- “The Internet is becoming the town square for the global village of tomorrow.” – Bill Gates
- “You know, the Internet’s made us more aware of what people think about us.” – Robert Smith
- “Technology and the internet have changed the world of publishing forever.” – Mary Kay Andrews
- “The Internet gave us access to everything, but it also gave everything access to us.” – James Veitch
- “Just move to the Internet, it’s great here. We get to live inside where the weather is always awesome.” – John Green
- “The Internet is a big distraction. It’s distracting, it’s meaningless; it’s not real. It’s in the air somewhere.” – Ray Bradbury
- “The Internet is used as not just a tool anymore but as part of our daily makeup. Almost like oxygen.” – Torron-Lee Dewar
Famous Quotes On Internet
- “I wish I knew how to quit you, Tumblr.” – John Green
- “Internet has made the world a small town again.” – Ana White
- “The web is more a social creation than a technical one.” – Tim Berners-Lee
- “The Internet turned everyone into an entrepreneur.” – Anthony Pompliano
- “All I know is that the Internet will transform the world.” – Alfred D. Chandler, Jr.
- “The Internet: transforming society and shaping the future through chat.” – Dave Barry
- “Access to computers and the Internet has become a basic need for education in our society.” – Kent Conrad
- “Privacy is not an option, and it shouldn’t be the price we accept for just getting on the Internet.” – Gary Kovacs
- “The internet has been the most fundamental change during my lifetime and for hundreds of years.” – Rupert Murdoch
- “The Internet could be a very positive step towards education, organization and participation in a meaningful society.” – Noam Chomsky
- “We refuse to turn off our computers, turn off our phone, log off Facebook, and just sit in silence, because in those moments we might actually have to face up to who we really are.” – Jefferson Bethke
- “The Internet is like alcohol in some sense. It accentuates what you would do anyway. If you want to be a loner, you can be more alone. If you want to connect, it makes it easier to connect.” – Esther Dyson
Best Quotes About Internet To Inspire Technology
One of the most significant ways in which the internet has made the world a small town again is through social media.
Platforms like Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram have created a virtual space where people can connect and share their lives with friends and family around the world.
Also See: Technology Quotes
This has made it easier to stay in touch with loved ones, regardless of where they are located.
- “You are what you share.” – Charles Leadbeater
- “There are two equalizers in life: the Internet and education.” – John T. Chambers
- “The Internet treats censorship as a malfunction and routes around it.” – John Perry Barlow
- “We are all now connected by the Internet, like neurons in a giant brain.” – Stephen Hawking
- “The internet: always proving that you’re not quite as special as you suspected.” – Robin Sloan
- “Science fiction does not remain fiction for long. And certainly not on the Internet.” – Vinton Cerf
- “I guess the Internet and the power of people finding things out for themselves is great.” – Butch Walker
- “The technological breakthrough of the World Wide Web has been enormously beneficial to society.” – Mike Fitzpatrick
- “Without the global reach and open technical standards of the Internet, the Web could never have proliferated as it did.” – Katie Hafner
- “The internet is the great highway of the modern communication, free and independent.” — Ktya Pujals Chamma
Quotes On The Power Of the Internet
The world has shrunk thanks to the internet in ways that were before unthinkable.
By breaking down barriers and fostering a more cohesive and international community, the internet has reduced the world to the size of a small town once more.
- “Internet addiction is real.” – Germany Kent
- “The internet was meant to make the world a smaller place.” – Max Waters
- “Anyone with an internet connection and an idea can develop an audience.” – Kevin Spacey
- “The Internet is the most effective instrument we have for globalization.” – Milton Friedman
- “Information flow is what the Internet is about. Information sharing is power.” – Vinton Cerf
- “Almost overnight, the Internet’s gone from a technical wonder to a business must.” – Bill Schrader
- “The Internet isn’t free. It just has an economy that makes no sense to capitalism.” – Brad Shapcott
- “Like most technology, the Internet has mixed effects. It’s a neutral instrument.” – Noam Chomsky
- “The Internet can empower groups whose aims are in fact antithetical to democracy.” – Evgeny Morozov
- “Google can bring you back 100,000 answers. A librarian can bring you back the right one.” – Neil Gaiman
- “The Internet is the world’s largest library. It’s just that all the books are on the floor.” – John Allen Paulos
- “That would make my job much easier. Unfortunately, the internet is like an elephant: it doesn’t forget.” – Leila Sales
- “The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.” – Andrew Brown
- “One of the Internet’s strengths is its ability to help consumers find the right needle in a digital haystack of data.”- Jared Sandberg
- “The internet is the most important single development in the history of human communication since the invention of call waiting.” – Dave Barry
- “People live too much of their lives on email or the Internet or text messages these days. We’re losing all of our communication skills.” – Tracy Morgan
- “The Internet is not just one thing, it’s a collection of things – of numerous communications networks that all speak the same digital language.” – James H. Clark
- “It’s worrying to think more than half the world’s population lacks internet access and therefore lacks an equal opportunity to improve their lives.” – Richard Branson
- “The Internet is by far the most important innovation in the media in my lifetime. It’s like having a huge encyclopaedia permanently available.” – Richard Dawkins
- “The problem with the Internet is that it gives you everything – reliable material and crazy material. So the problem becomes, how do you discriminate?” – Umberto Eco
Inspirational Quotes On The Internet
- “As a research tool, the internet is invaluable.” – Noam Chomsky
- “It is the greatest truth of our age: Information is not knowledge.” – Caleb Carr
- “The World Wide Web is woven together out of threads of glass.” – Steven Johnson
- “The ‘Net is a waste of time, and that’s exactly what’s right about it.” – William Gibson
- “The problem with this generation is that they believe in social media more than people.” – Shihab Kazi
- “If you strictly want something not to get on the internet, do not keep it on your phone.” – Abhijit Naskar
- “Lacking editors, reviewers or critics, the Internet has become a wasteland of unfiltered data.” – Clifford Stoll
- “Nowadays, anyone who cannot speak english and is incapable of using the Internet is regarded as backward.” – Al-Waleed Bin Talal
- “I still love books. Nothing a computer can do can compare to a book. You can’t really put a book on the Internet.” – Ray Bradbury
- “People who have so much of their personality invested in the Internet can’t really survive as whole individuals without it.” – Mark A. Rayner
- “Good telling of human stories is the best way to keep the Internet and the World Wide Web from becoming a waste vastland.” – Walter Isaacson
- “There was a time when people felt the internet was another world, but now people realise it’s a tool that we use in this world.” – Tim Berners-Lee
- “By placing intelligence at the edges rather than control in the middle of the network, the Internet has created a platform for innovation.” – Vinton Cerf
- “What organized dating sites fail to understand is that the people are far more interested in what they don’t say about themselves.” – Nassim Nicholas Taleb
- “I do have friends. Maybe they live hundreds of miles away from me, and maybe I can only talk to them through a screen, but they’re still my friends.” – Francesca Zappia
Funny Quotes About the Internet
The internet is not only a source of information and connection but also a hub of humor and entertainment.
One of the most popular sources of funny internet quotes is social media platforms such as Twitter and Instagram.
Users can share their funny observations, witty remarks, and hilarious memes with their followers and friends, often leading to an explosion of laughter and engagement.
- “The Internet has destroyed romance.” – Robert Black
- “The internet is a great way to get on the net.” – Bob Dole
- “The Internet is a telephone system that’s gotten uppity.” – Clifford Stoll
- “I have one major problem with the Internet: It’s full of liars.” – John Lydon
- “I think that the online world has actually brought books back.” – Bill Murray
- “The internet is just a world passing notes around a classroom.” – Jon Stewart
- “Information on the Internet must be as free as in the newspapers.” – Omar Bongo
- “You could write a book about things that you can’t find on-line.” – Maggie Stiefvater
- “Getting information off the Internet is like taking a drink from a fire hydrant.” – Mitch Kapor
- “The problem with quotes found on the internet is, that they are often not true.’” – Abraham Lincoln
- “If television’s a babysitter, the Internet is a drunk librarian who won’t shut up.” – Dorothy Gambrell
- “Oh, Wikipedia, with your tension between those who would share knowledge and those who would destroy it.” – John Green
- “Doing research on the Web is like using a library assembled piecemeal by pack rats and vandalized nightly. ” – Roger Ebert
- “The Internet is a giant international network of intelligent, informed computer enthusiasts, by which I mean, people without lives.” – Dave Barry
- “Like almost everyone who uses e-mail, I receive a ton of spam every day. Much of it offers to help me get out of debt or get rich quick. It would be funny if it weren’t so exciting.” – Bill Gates
People may now learn new things more easily thanks to online courses and e-learning systems.
The internet has sparked the development of numerous new technologies. It has generated a wave of creativity and enterprise, from social media to blockchain.
To sum it up, the internet has become a necessary tool in our daily life.
Its influence on our world is evident, and it has the capacity to continue doing so in unexpected ways.
If you have some of your favorite quotes which are not included in the above list, please share them in the comments section below and we will love to add them to the list.
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, WhatsApp, Twitter, and more to motivate them every morning.