Looking for some motivation to cultivate belief in yourself so that you can face any challenge with courage and clarity? I have rounded up the best collection of conviction quotes, sayings, and captions to inspire you to foster faith in yourself, and become more confident and self-assured.
Also Check: Believe In Yourself Quotes
Conviction is a strong belief or opinion in something, and it is an essential element of our lives. It is the force that drives us to make decisions, take action, and pursue our goals.
This means making choices and taking actions that are in line with your beliefs. It also means being open to learning and growing along the way.
Here are some quotes about conviction that can help provide perspective and encouragement to individuals who are looking to stand by their principles and beliefs, no matter what challenges they may face.
Top 10 Conviction Quotes To Inspire You
- “Constant repetition carries conviction.” – Robert Collier
- “Conviction is the conscience of the mind.” – Nicolas Chamfort
- “With the power of conviction, there is no sacrifice.” – Pat Benatar
- “Conviction is worthless unless it is converted into conduct.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “When the pressure comes, preferences give way while convictions hold firm.” – Edwin Louis Cole
- “The best lack all conviction, while the worst are full of passionate intensity.” – William Butler Yeats
- “He who believes is strong; he who doubts is weak. Strong convictions precede great actions.” – Louisa May Alcott
- “Convictions are the mainsprings of action, the driving powers of life. What a man lives are his convictions.” – Francis Kelley
- “The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved; loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves.” – Victor Hugo
- “A ‘No’ uttered from the deepest conviction is better than a ‘Yes’ merely uttered to please, or worse, to avoid trouble.” – Mahatma Gandhi
Best Quotes About Conviction for Success
Conviction is a powerful tool for achieving success. it gives you the confidence to take action and persevere through challenges.
If you want to accomplish your dreams and achieve success, cultivate a strong belief in yourself and your abilities. Because, with conviction, anything is possible.
- “Conviction without experience makes for harshness.” – Flannery O’Connor
- “No force is more unstoppable than a woman with deep conviction.” – Unknown
- “The secret of success is conviction and persistence.” – Maharishi Mahesh Yogi
- “If you don’t love what you do, you won’t do it with much conviction or passion.” – Mia Hamm
- “Follow your dreams with determination and conviction until they become true.” – Steven Redhead
- “One man with conviction will overwhelm a hundred who have only opinions.” – Winston Churchill
- “It is my conviction that killing under the cloak of war is nothing but an act of murder.” – Albert Einstein
- “A strong conviction that something must be done is the parent of many bad measures.” – Daniel Webster
- “Men never do evil so completely and cheerfully as when they do it from religious conviction.” – Blaise Pascal
- “Believe in yourself and move forth with conviction to have better control over your senses and yourself.” – Dr. Prem Jagyasi
- “Survival is not possible if the best of us lack all conviction, while the worst of us are full of passionate intensity.” – John Silber
- “I am not a Christian because God changed my life; I am a Christian because of my convictions about who Jesus Christ is.” – Josh McDowell
- “We have always held to the hope, the belief, the conviction that there is a better life, a better world, beyond the horizon.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “It has always been my private conviction that any man who puts his intelligence up against a fish and loses had it coming.” – John Steinbeck
- “The compensation of a very early success is a conviction that life is a romantic matter. In the best sense one stays young.” – F. Scott Fitzgerald
- “The only faith that wears well and holds its color in all weathers is that which is woven of conviction and set with the sharp mordant of experience.” – James Russell Lowell
- “Yet none of these things gave him confidence. All they gave him was egotism, which is less the conviction of one’s worth than the desire for that conviction.” – Jetta Carleton
- “There can be no great courage where there is no confidence or assurance, and half the battle is in the conviction that we can do what we undertake.” – Orison Swett Marden
- “Courage and conviction are powerful weapons against an enemy who depends only on fists or guns. Animals know when you are afraid; a coward knows when you are not.” – David Seabury
- “I have been driven many times upon my knees by the overwhelming conviction that I had no where else to go. My own wisdom and that of all about me seemed insufficient for that day.” – Abraham Lincoln
Famous Conviction Quotes On Leadership
- “I have the courage of my convictions.” – Brigitte Bardot
- Dream with ambition, lead with conviction. – Kamala Harris
- “Whatever you say, say it with conviction.” – Mark Twain
- “Convictions are more dangerous enemies of truth than lies.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “Honest conviction is my courage; the Constitution is my guide.” – Andrew Johnson
- “He who has no conviction always lies, no matter what he says.” – Adolf Von Harnack
- “We led with our conviction rather than rational, because rational said it was impossible.” – Daniel Ek
- “Don’t downgrade your dream just to fit your reality. Upgrade your conviction to match your destiny.” – Unknown
- “Patriotism is your conviction that this country is superior to all others because you were born in it.” – George Bernard Shaw
- “The final test of a leader is that he leaves behind him in other men the conviction and the will to carry on.” – Walter Lippmann
- “A leader has the vision and conviction that a dream can be achieved. He inspires the power and energy to get it done.” – Ralph Nader
- “The ethic of conviction and the ethic of responsibility are not opposites. They are complementary to one another.” – Max Weber
- “The sure conviction that we could if we wanted to is the reason so many good minds are idle.” – Georg Christoph Lichtenberg
- “To rely upon conviction, devotion, and other excellent spiritual qualities; that is not to be taken seriously in politics.” – Vladimir Lenin
- “Democracy not only requires equality but also an unshakable conviction in the value of each person, who is then equal.” – Jeane Kirkpatrick
- “People want to follow someone with convictions, not questions. Smooth eloquence can never take the place of unwavering belief.” – Randy Singer
- “It is well known to all experienced minds that our firmest convictions are often dependent on subtle impressions for which words are quite too coarse a medium.” – George Eliot
- “Conviction is not merely an opinion. It is something rooted so deeply in the conscience that to change a conviction would be to change the very essence of who you are.” – Ravi Zacharias
- “Whatever you believe, with conviction, becomes your reality.” – Brian Tracy
- “The height of your accomplishments will equal the depth of your convictions.” – William F. Scolavino
Self-Conviction Quotes For Personal Growth
- “If everyone would only fight for his own convictions, there’d be no war.” – Leo Tolstoy
- “Belief is knowing what you believe. Conviction is knowing why you believe it.” – Josh McDowell
- “Our consciences are littered like an old attic with the junk of sheer conviction.” – Wilford O. Cross
- “Conviction, were it never so excellent, is worthless till it converts itself into Conduct.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “No man knows the genuineness of his convictions until he has sacrificed something for them.” – E. H. Chapin
- “It’s the repetition of affirmations that leads to belief. And once that belief becomes a deep conviction, things begin to happen.” – Muhammad Ali
- “Poverty itself is not so bad as the poverty thought. It is the conviction that we are poor and must remain so that is fatal.” – Orison Swett Marden
- “A person who holds strong convictions might appear inflexible, impolite, or exceptionally obtuse, when they are merely direct.” – Kilroy J. Oldster
- “Too many young folk have addiction to superficial things and not enough conviction for substantial things like justice, truth and love.” – Cornel West
- “It may take longer to find deep convictions if we are fixated on avoiding pain instead of finding something worth enduring pain for.” – Michael Brent Jones
- “To have religion upon authority and not upon conviction is like a finger watch–to be set forward or backward as he pleases that has it in keeping.” – William Penn
- “Conviction is like a burning glass, that gathers all the beams into one point or centre, and fastens them upon the soul, and so kindles and inflames it.” – James Ford
- “If you don’t believe in God, it is your own conviction but if you don’t believe in Soul, it is not acceptable, because the soul remains with you forever even after your death.” – Unknown
- “The habit of an opinion often leads to the complete conviction of its truth, it hides the weaker parts of it, and makes us incapable of accepting the proofs against it.” – Jons Jacob Berzelius
- “Hope is definitely not the same thing as optimism. It is not the conviction that something will turn out well, but the certainty that something makes sense, regardless of how it turns out.” – Vaclav Havel
- “Parents must not only have certain ways of guiding by prohibition and permission, they must also be able to represent to the child a deep, almost somatic conviction that there is meaning in what they are doing.” – Erik Erikson
- “Self conviction is very important to accomplish your life’s mission. Yes, listen to people, take advice, but do not allow yourself to be transformed into the person people want, rather be transformed into a better version of You.” – Mestylrus
- “I have brought myself, by long meditation, to the conviction that a human being with a settled purpose must accomplish it, and that nothing can resist a will which will stake even existence upon its fulfillment.” – Benjamin Disraeli
- “Live in the very soul of expectation of better things, in the conviction that something large, grand, and beautiful will await you if your efforts are intelligent, if your mind is kept in a creative condition and you struggle upward to your goal.” – Orison Swett Marden
- “What convinces is conviction. Believe in the argument you’re advancing. If you don’t you’re as good as dead. The other person will sense that something isn’t there, and no chain of reasoning, no matter how logical or elegant or brilliant, will win your case for you.” – Lyndon B. Johnson
Conviction is the belief that you can achieve something. It is the inner voice that tells you you are capable of reaching your goals. Conviction enables you to take risks and believe in your ability to succeed.
It is a trait of character that makes us stand out from the crowd and inspires self-belief. It helps us stay focused on our objectives, no matter how challenging they may seem.
Conviction gives you the strength to pursue your dreams. It is the fuel that drives you toward your goals. Without conviction, it gets easy to give up when faced with obstacles. But with conviction, you get the strength to overcome any difficulties.
Read some tips and ways to build and strengthen your conviction, come across with greater confidence and be more convincing.
These famous quotes about conviction will increase your level of motivation and will inspire you to cultivate belief in yourself.
If you think you can relate to uplifting quotes feel free to spread your feelings and share them with friends and family on Pinterest, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter, and more.
If we have missed some quotes, share them with us in the comment section below and we shall be happy to add them to the list.