90 Strength Quotes To Make You Strong In Hard Times
Looking for motivational quotes about strength? We have rounded up the best strength quotes, sayings, captions, and status (with images and pictures) to give you courage and power in hard times.
Strength is the quality or state of being strong. It refers to the ability to withstand adversity, persevere in the face of challenges, and overcome obstacles.
Strength can take many forms, including physical, emotional strength, mental, inner strength and spiritual, and it is an essential characteristic for achieving success and personal growth.
Life puts everyone through various challenges. And it’s with our strength and resilience we keep fighting against all odds till we emerge as a Winner.
We rounded up some positive strength quotes from all kinds of powerful leaders and personalities, including Oprah Winfrey, Nelson Mandela, Hellen Keller, and Maya Angelou who inspire by their life experiences.
May their wise words of wisdom encourage you to keep pushing forward and overcome all obstacles.
And if you’re looking for even more inspiration, take a peek at courage quotes and fearless quotes to give you the motivation to overcome your struggles and be a winner.
Top 10 Strength Quotes To Be Strong
- “Silence is a source of great strength.” – Lao Tzu
- “Where there is no struggle, there is no strength.” – Oprah Winfrey
- “The undertaking of a new action brings new strength.” – Richard L. Evans
- “You never know how strong you are, until being strong is your only choice.” –Bob Marley
- “Try to look at your weakness and convert it into your strength. That’s success.” – Zig Ziglar
- “Shallow men believe in luck. Strong men believe in cause and effect.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Some of us think holding on makes us strong; but sometimes it is letting go.” – Hermann Hesse
- “Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “Out of suffering have emerged the strongest souls; the most massive characters are seared with scars.” – Khalil Gibran
- “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
Famous Quotes About Strength In Hard Times
Life will always test you with struggles and challenges. But if you are mentally tired and exhausted then you easily give up.
May these motivational quotes on strength give you the hope, courage, inspiration, and perseverance to always be strong and overcome the adversities of life.
- “I’ve never met a strong person with an easy past.” – Atticus
- “Concentration is the secret of strength.” – Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Strength is what we gain from the madness we survive.” – Unknown
- “That which does not kill us makes us stronger.” – Friedrich Nietzsche
- “What makes you different or weird, that’s your strength.” – Meryl Streep
- “Don’t push your weaknesses, play with your strengths.” – Jennifer Lopez
- “The bamboo that bends is stronger than the oak that resists.” – Japanese proverb
- “I have been fighting since I was a child. I am not a survivor, I am warrior.” – Unknown
- “Do not pray for an easy life; pray for the strength to endure a difficult one.” – Bruce Lee
- “Be faithful in small things because it is in them that your strength lies.” –Mother Teresa
- “When you have exhausted all possibilities, remember this: you haven’t.” – Thomas A. Edison
- “No matter how much falls on us, we keep plowing ahead. That’s the only way to keep the roads clear.” – Greg Kincaid
- “We don’t even know how strong we are until we are forced to bring that hidden strength forward.” – Isabel Allende
- “A hero is an ordinary individual who finds the strength to persevere and endure in spite of overwhelming obstacles.” – Christopher Reeve
- “And one has to understand that braveness is not the absence of fear but rather the strength to keep on going forward despite the fear.” – Paulo Coelho
- “As we advance in life it becomes more and more difficult, but in fighting the difficulties the inmost strength of the heart is developed.” – Vincent van Gogh
- “We do not have to become heroes overnight. Just a step at a time, meeting each thing that comes up, seeing it is not as dreadful as it appeared, discovering we have the strength to stare it down.” – Eleanor Roosevelt
Positive Strength Quotes To Give You Courage
Even if you are physically tired, but with the power of mental strength you will always be confident and stand all against all failures and be a fighter.
Be it an illness like cancer, or depression or any sorrow that has shattered you, always gather all your courage to bounce back and find strength in your pain.
These meaningful strength quotes are great to kickstart your day and find your power in positive thinking.
- “It can only break you if you let it.” – Unknown
- “Strength lies within you, only you can help yourself.” – Invajy
- “It takes courage to walk away from disagreements.” – Amanda Ray
- “Mastering others is strength, mastering yourself is true power.” – Lao Tzu
- “Courage is resistance to fear, mastery of fear, not absence of fear.” – Mark Twain
- “Leverage the strength that you have: that no one else can be you.” – Todd Wheatland
- “Keep your head up. God gives his hardest battles to his strongest soldiers….” – Unknown
- “Strength and growth come only through continuous effort and struggle.” – Napoleon Hill
- “When you come to the end of your rope, tie a knot and hang on.” – Franklin D. Roosevelt
- “The greatest glory in living lies not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall.” –Nelson Mandela
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu
- “Courage isn’t having the strength to go on, it is going on when you don’t have the strength.” – Napoleon Bonaparte
- “Courage is the most important of all the virtues because without courage, you can’t practice any other virtue consistently.” – Maya Angelou
- “Courage doesn’t always roar. Sometimes courage is the quiet voice at the end of the day saying, “I will try again tomorrow.” – Mary Anne Radmacher
- “Sometimes the strength within you is not a big fiery flame for all to see, it is just a tiny spark that whispers ever so softly “You got this. Keep going.” – Unknown
- “It is when you are going through the most difficult chapter of life that your hero is revealed,and how beautiful it is when you finally realize — you have the strength to save yourself.” – dodinsky
- “And once the storm is over, you won’t remember how you made it through, how you managed to survive. You won’t even be sure, whether the storm is really over. But one thing is certain, when you come out of the storm, you won’t be the same person who walked in. That’s what this storm’s all about.” – Haruki Murakami
Top 10 Bible Quotes On Strength
The Bible has always has some great verses about strength and healing, strength and love. Faith in God gives us strength to face all adversities in life.
Also See: God Give Me Strength Quotes
These uplifting Bible strength quotes will help you to sail you difficult and tough times with hope, faith, and courage and will inspire you to be strong.
- “Do not grieve, for the joy of the Lord is your strength.” – Nehemiah 8:10
- “He gives power to the weak and strength to the powerless.” – Isaiah 40:29
- “She is clothed with strength and dignity; she can laugh at the days to come.” – Proverbs 31:25
- “My flesh and my heart may fail, but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.” – Psalm 73:26
- “Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.” – Thessalonians 5:11
- “Be strong and courageous; do not be frightened and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.” – Joshua 1:9
- “May the God who gives endurance and encouragement give you the same attitude of mind toward each other that Christ Jesus had.” – Romans 15:5
- “I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world.” – John 16:33
- “The Lord is my strength and my song; he has given me victory. This is my God, and I will praise him—my father’s God, and I will exalt him.” – Exodus 15:2
- “So do not fear, for I am with you; do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.” – Isaiah 41:10
Powerful Strength Quotes To Motivate You
- “Strength is a matter of a made up mind.” – John Beecher
- “And in the end all I learned was how to be strong alone.” – Unknown
- “Scared is what you’re feeling. Brave is what you’re doing.” – Emma Donoghue
- “You were given this life because you are strong enough to live it.” – Ain Eineziz
- “My tears may continue to fall, but my strength will continue to rise.” – Unknown
- “We are only as strong as we are united, as weak as we are divided.” – J.K. Rowling
- “You have to fight through some bad days to earn the best days of your life.” – Unknown
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “We draw our strength from the very despair in which we have been forced to live.” – Cesar Chavez
- “Strength grows in the moments when you think you can’t go on but you keep going anyway.” – Unknown
- “Calm mind brings inner strength and self-confidence, so that’s very important for good health.” – Dalai Lama
- “Go within every day and find the inner strength so that the world will not blow your candle out.” – Katherine Dunham
- “Life is very interesting…in the end, some of your greatest pains become your greatest strengths.” – Drew Barrymore
- “Strength is being kind on your bad days. Strength is going on when you have lost it all. Strength is smiling when you are broken. And strength also is to be hopeful when you feel totally hopeless.” ― T.J
- “If you can’t fly then run, if you can’t run then walk, if you can’t walk then crawl, but whatever you do you have to keep moving forward.” – Martin Luther King Jr
Inspirational Quotes On Strength And Resilience
Constant failures may rip off your courage to move forward. But life is all about getting up after the fall.
Also See: Hustle And Grind Quotes
The failures, the scars and the disappointments can also make you brave, stronger and give you the strength to face the hard times.
- “Life is tough but so are you.” – Unknown
- “Be patient and tough; someday this pain will be useful to you.” – Ovid
- “Failure gave me strength. Pain was my motivation.” – Michael Jordan
- “Nothing more stronger than a broken man rebuilding himself.” – Unknown
- “Inner Strength can break any inertia and take you out of comfort zone.” – Invajy
- “Life doesn’t get easier or more forgiving, we get stronger and more resilient.” – Steve Maraboli
- “I survived because the fire inside me burned brighter than the fire around me.” – Joshua Graham
- “We are stronger, gentler, more resilient, and more beautiful than any of us imagine.” – Mark Nepo
- “Be strong now, because things will get better. It might be stormy now, but it can’t rain forever.” – Unknown
- “The real man smiles in trouble, gathers strength from distress, and grows brave by reflection.” – Thomas Paine
- “Sometimes you don’t realize your own strength until you come face to face with your greatest weakness.” – Unknown
- “Strength is understanding the power of your perception with the right mindset. Nothing can take you down.” – Unknown
- “Persistence and resilience only come from having been given the chance to work through difficult problems.” – Gever Tulley
- “Life has a way of testing a persons will, either by having nothing happen at all or by having everything happen at once.” – Paulo Coelho
Short Strength Quotes For Instagram Captions
Somedays all you need is some positive words to brighten your day every morning. These short quotes about strength will give you much-needed moral support and will uplift your mood.
Also See: You Are Strong Quotes
You can use these short strengthing quotes as a tattoo design, captions for Insta, or your status as daily reminders for a positive day.
- “Stronger than Yesterday!” — Unknown
- “Still, like air, I rise.” — Maya Angelou
- “It can break you if you let it.” — Unknown
- “No pressure, no diamonds.” – Thomas Carlyle
- “Grow through what you go through.” — Unknown
- “Whatever happens, take responsibility.” — Tony Robbins
- “Tough times never last, but tough people do.” — Robert H. Schuller
- “We acquire the strength we have overcome.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
- “Strength doesn’t come from what you can do. It comes from overcoming the things you once thought you couldn’t.” ― Rikki Rogers
- “You have power over your mind — not outside events. Realize this, and you will find strength.” — Marcus Aurelius
strength is a critical attribute that can help individuals and societies overcome challenges and achieve success.
These insightful quotations illustrate, strength comes from within, and it is not just about physical ability but also about mental and emotional resilience.
If you are encouraged by these powerful words to impart courage, confidence, and strength, then also check out strong man quotes and women strength quotes to inspire you to sail through the tough times.
What is one thing you know for sure that makes you really strong? You can share your comment in the comment section below!!
Feel free to share with friends and family on Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, WhatsApp, Pinterest, Twitter, and more.